The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

The fact that I am using writing as a perfectly acceptable excuse to not clean my bathroom or study has absolutely nothing to do with it, I assure you. :rolleyes1

Hey, no judgment here. I use it to avoid doing any work whatsoever.

The water was warm and the current was just right to give you a gentle push along the tropical waterway. The entire length of the River is just gorgeous with plenty of water features, flowers, hardscaping, etc…. to make for an amazing experience. Since it was open now, the lifeguards were no longer paying attention. See ^?

That has to be a boring job. Anyway, the lazy river looks gorgeous.

It was bliss! Easily, this was my favorite part of my day. All of my cares were gone, I could truly relax and find peace and solitude. Ahhh…..

Zzzzzzzz...huh? What?

Um, I see what you mean.

At one point you float through the Aviary. The barrier to keep the birds in is a waterfall that is pretty awesome.

That's really clever! Love that idea.

Some were more friendly than others, but with some patience and practicing stillness, I had some pretty good luck in coaxing a few to my arm.

Nice! What a neat encounter.

It was an extraordinary day full of adventure, beauty, with the perfect amount of relaxation in the mix. I feel I got every penny’s worth of my time and would easily do this again.

I'm so glad this was such a great time for you!

I think I spent around $50 or so for the 4 photos I bought.

:faint: I hope they came with the camera!

Sounds like it was a blissfully relaxed and enjoyable day at Discovery Cove. The park sounds like a hidden gem away from Disney, and I now have some spare change squirreled away for my Nov. trip to try and make a visit happen. So far, I'm up to two experiences I want to do having read about them on your report. :laughing:

Hopping over to your PTR next. I cannot wait to see how much fun you girls have in May. :goodvibes

I would really love to go back again someday, but there are other places on my docket first. #uni

I'm glad I inspired you to take a visit to this amazing oasis! The kids will love it! Then again if it's just you two, it'll be even better!

I just looked up discovery cove. It's near 528 (main toll road called the beachline) and International drive. Should be no more than a 15 min drive from anywhere on property. During morning rush hour, maybe 25. Very close to sea world.

Quick Orlando layout info

I4 says East and West, but through Orlando, East is North and West is South.
There are three main E/W arteries
408 is through downtown/heart of Orlando
528 is middle and goes North of MCO
517 is bottom(South) and near Disney and goes South of MCO.
DME takes 417 from Disney to airport and vice versa.

So, to Discovery cove, it's maybe 4 miles from DTD.

Good information! Thanks! I may not remember it all, but it does give me a sense of how it's laid out. I didn't think it was very far, so she must've either not EVER heard of Disc Cove as a tourist place or just misunderstood. She was very nice, and I did feel a little bit badly for her, but still... no tip.

I'd be happy to teach you...its easy. In a closed cove like that with plenty of people and life guards is the perfect place to learn also.

Not to over simplify, but something I've helped many folks with. The key to snorkeling...

Inhale slowly, exhale fast!
If you do have any water in the snorkel, doing both keeps it out of your lungs.

Good advice! Maybe someday I'll get brave enough to dive under. :)

I see what you did there...So there
are some of us you don't want to see there. Okay, I get the hint.

NO, no... not what I meant! I just know that there are many around these parts that typically don't visit PTRs regularly or care about people's plans beforehand. I do mine KNOWING it'll turn into my TR, so maybe that may entice a few more there. Then again, if you don't want spoilers...

Good to hear. So no bodies clad in banana hammocks or budgie smugglers, I presume?

:scared::scared::scared:

Well, actually yes. You're always going to have the Eastern Europeans and whereas I don't look... there... I pray they ain't lookin' at my less flattering parts either.

I'm really amazed by Discovery Cove. I had no idea all this - swimming with tropical fish, lazy rivers, birds - was part of it. I guess I really never looked far into it (because $$$$) but I had just assumed they charged you a crazy amount to jump in a tank, get a picture with the dolphin, and be on your way. As much as I like the Disney parks, having a blissful day of relaxation, in such wonderful scenery, sounds like a welcome break from the hustle and bustle of the parks. As we've discussed, probably not for a family trip, but certainly I should consider it for a solo or adults only trip.

Truly worth the price. If you don't want to do the dolphin swim, which is about a 45 minute thing, the price is $149. That would include 2 meals, snacks, drinks, Lazy River, birds, beaches hammocks, etc.... Just no dolphins.

Being a lover of mac n cheese, I will always try any that I see. It certainly does not look like 8 Spoons.

I am craving that right NOW!!!

Ah! Well, I knew you must've had some porpoise for using it.

:sad2:

I've been doing it so long that it's literally second nature for me. But I can see how it'd be a bit disconcerting too.

I am just afraid I won't know how to clear my tube when I come back up. And die.

That's what she said!

:lmao: :rotfl:

You're being naughty!

images

;)

:lmao:
Good point!

To be fair and in the spirit of full disclosure, the bigger, more aggressive sharks were behind glass.

:laughing: Well, go have some more in May, then.

TBH, not sure we're going to have time. Or the tummy space. On our AK day, we have the Tea in the morning and a Y&Y ADR that evening.

Looks like I'm about to find out. :)

I am just afraid I won't know how to clear my tube when I come back up. And die.

We'll certainly miss you around here.

"She went down with her snorkel."

You're being naughty!

Who, me???

:rolleyes1

;)

To be fair and in the spirit of full disclosure, the bigger, more aggressive sharks were behind glass.

Ohhh.... Okay, that makes more sense. Just couldn't see those in with little kids.

TBH, not sure we're going to have time. Or the tummy space. On our AK day, we have the Tea in the morning and a Y&Y ADR that evening.

I'm pretty sure you'll somehow find the time. :)

Oh, you poor thing. If only there was something you could do to relax and regain your strength!

:rolleyes:

:drinking1Yes, I should have had another drink.

I'm thinking if you put your bathing suit on backwards, you'd get a lot more attention than just a backwards wet suit!

Er, good point.

That too would garner some attention!

Naughtiness!!! pirate:

Wow! That's... just... wow!

I told you... it was gorgeous!

I didn't even notice him at first. Probably on his phone. Or... wondering how he's going to stay awake? (or maybe he'd already failed, there.)

Well, there were no law breakers at this point. His work was done.

15 feet!!! Holy cow! No wonder they insist on life jackets!

There were also a couple places where the current was a bit quicker too. I think it's a very fair and wise rule.

They had drinks and snacks along the way? Whoa! Now that's pretty darned amazing! Float a bit... snack a bit... float a bit more. Nice.

And it was so warm out that getting out felt nice.

Awwww... you look pleased as punch. :)

:cloud9:

:) Glad to hear. Suspect a rain storm would not be welcome.

I had amazing luck with the weather the whole trip!

Looks like you met some friends, there. :goodvibes

One bird, two birds, Red Bird, blue Bird...

Yes, you do. :) Except possibly for the mediocre wine

Why is it that these places can't get the wine right?!

:faint:
Highway robbery. But they know they have a captive audience.

I didn't mention, but should have that NO cameras are allowed on the Dolphin Excursion. The dolphins' safety and their bottom line depends on it.

I shudder to think how much that was. Did you return to Disney with both arms and both legs?

I think it was something like $12 or something. So Disney prices.

Now that is very good advice! I've done it for so long that I don't think how I do it. I don't choke, because it's second nature.

You two should go diving together. ;)

Hey, no judgment here. I use it to avoid doing any work whatsoever.

Heh, ask me where the 2 loads of laundry that I slept with on my bed the other night are.

That has to be a boring job. Anyway, the lazy river looks gorgeous.

Very. I think I'd die working that job.

Zzzzzzzz...huh? What?

Um, I see what you mean.

You are getting veeeeeeeeery sleepy. You are making a bank transfer to Steppe's account now....

That's really clever! Love that idea.

You could use this to keep cars off your freeways for construction season.

:faint: I hope they came with the camera!

No such luck. I'm sure I could put that in my customer survey though as an idea.

:drinking1Yes, I should have had another drink.

See? Problem solved.

Er, good point.

:laughing:

Naughtiness!!! pirate:

Who... me?

Nahhhhh....

I told you... it was gorgeous!

And you were right!

Well, there were no law breakers at this point. His work was done.

So... back to sleep then. Check.

There were also a couple places where the current was a bit quicker too. I think it's a very fair and wise rule.

"And then the children were swept over the falls, never to be seen again."

And it was so warm out that getting out felt nice.

Wow. This place sounds... pretty darned good!

I wonder if someone would buy me a ticket? Anyone? Hello?

I had amazing luck with the weather the whole trip!

Good!

One bird, two birds, Red Bird, blue Bird...

Why is it that these places can't get the wine right?!

Because they're "all-inclusive" not "all-good".

I didn't mention, but should have that NO cameras are allowed on the Dolphin Excursion. The dolphins' safety and their bottom line depends on it.

I didn't even bother to ask. Just assumed that'd be the answer.

I think it was something like $12 or something. So Disney prices.

Well... could've been worse. Should've been better.

You two should go diving together. ;)

Happy New Year Liesa! Did a deep dive over Christmas and have been really enjoying my new Christmas toy of a Kindle, so have been reading non stop. Happy to report that I did not break anything this New Year's Eve, so I am fairly confident that I will be in shape for my next visit to Orlando in a month. Great pictures, and your California Grill brunch has made me regret my supper of fish and chips, but that's my own fault! Hope your neck is starting to feel better :)
Happy New Year to you too, Donna!

How have you been?!

Glad you are getting some long-awaited reading in! :dogdance:

And your trip is coming up so quickly. Happy that you will be mended up for the most part and ready to enjoy the parks!

Neck is painful off and on but certainly better than it was a few months ago. The injection appears to not really be doing much, but I can't afford surgery right now. So... whadya do?

We'll certainly miss you around here.

"She went down with her snorkel."

They say you can't take nuthin' with you, but ...

Who, me???

:rolleyes1

;)

You.

Ohhh.... Okay, that makes more sense. Just couldn't see those in with little kids.

Hey, the sharks needs snacks too.

I'm pretty sure you'll somehow find the time. :)

I will do my best to find adequate appetite. It's not hard on vacation. All that walking, ya know.

See? Problem solved.

Hey, if it's included...

Who... me?

Nahhhhh....

Uh huh. ;)

So... back to sleep then. Check.

The take away: it's okay to break rules after 7:30. No one will see you.

"And then the children were swept over the falls, never to be seen again."

It's like the old Resort Clubs so parents could have a night out.

Wow. This place sounds... pretty darned good!

I wonder if someone would buy me a ticket? Anyone? Hello?

I just checked and answered to Jeff, the price without the dolphins is $149. Not bad for 2 meals and booze included.

Because they're "all-inclusive" not "all-good".

Makes sense.

I didn't even bother to ask. Just assumed that'd be the answer.

You could, I suppose have a family member or friend sitting on a chair on the beach, but you'd have to have a pretty good (long) lens to get what they got.

Well... could've been worse. Should've been better.

Correct.

Hey, if it's included...

Then one must imbibe.

The take away: it's okay to break rules after 7:30. No one will see you.

Check that.

I just checked and answered to Jeff, the price without the dolphins is $149. Not bad for 2 meals and booze included.

That's actually not that bad.

You could, I suppose have a family member or friend sitting on a chair on the beach, but you'd have to have a pretty good (long) lens to get what they got.

And who's bringing that to a water park? Not I.

I didn't think so for all you get.

Glad you thought so. Kinda thought you might. :)

My camera isn't worth a few shots like that.

Nor is mine. Pay $50 for a few photos or $150 for camera repair? (Or more if it gets... "borrowed".)

Tomorrow's another day to try and catch up, but I'm headed to San Francisco with my youngest for a long weekend. Have a fun few days, Friends. :)

Niiiice! San Francisco is on my bucket list. I've wanted to go there for literally decades. Maybe someday I'll fulfill the entirety of that particular list. Which is to hop in a car (or on a bike) in BC and drive down the coast.
Have fun with your DD! School trip? Band? Or cheerleading? Or???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!