The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

I’m finally here early enough to join one of your reports without feeling completely overwhelmed by a million pages!
I feel exactly like Fallon, I'm finally here before you're report is on page 72! Very happy to be joining in :surfweb:

BUT, I do have some news that I need to find time to post over on that thread! ;)
Ooh, I'm horrible lately at keeping up on DIS threads (including my own) but now I need to make a stop over there to see what the news is!

NO! I will NOT wear a crop top. 5 kids= no chance whatsoever of that.
:laughing: TWO kids and I'm right there with ya. I was all about crop tops in high school and college but now even a non-crop top is sometimes too short!

Your Disney Bounding outfits are awesome and I LOVE your "mystery" one! They need to have an adult costume contest at MNSSHP because you would win, hands down. I also love the idea of bounding but 1. I am the least creative person in the world and 2. I'm lucky if I figure out my regular outfits 48 hours before we leave anymore!

I feel exactly like Fallon, I'm finally here before you're report is on page 72! Very happy to be joining in :surfweb:

And yet.... it's NEVER too late to join in and hang. As little or as much as you can. So... :welcome:, it's wonderful to have you here!! I have SO many threads I need to get onto, @fallonkendra 's being one of my top priorities. ;)

Ooh, I'm horrible lately at keeping up on DIS threads (including my own) but now I need to make a stop over there to see what the news is!

As for keeping up... ugh! Pretty sporadic during the work week anymore, but I always love it when I read. It's a great community for sure. :grouphug:

:laughing: TWO kids and I'm right there with ya. I was all about crop tops in high school and college but now even a non-crop top is sometimes too short!

Your Disney Bounding outfits are awesome and I LOVE your "mystery" one! They need to have an adult costume contest at MNSSHP because you would win, hands down. I also love the idea of bounding but 1. I am the least creative person in the world and 2. I'm lucky if I figure out my regular outfits 48 hours before we leave anymore!

I hear ya!! Stupid gravity. :headache:

Thank you! It was so fun to check out Pinterest and get ideas, and it even made me do a little research by watching movie clips for accessorizing. So, I can't take credit for everything. And the stars aligned while shopping which certainly made the quest easier.

Love all your outfits! I haven't cared much for Disney bounding, but I actually really like the ideas you came up with. The Tinker Bell one is my favorite, but that's probably because I'm inundated with Peter Pan every day from my kids.

Okay! I haven't read any of the comments, because I want to take a guess at the 4th outfit. Is it the girl from Spaceship Earth?? The one that wears the short skirt and holds the clipboard?

B is for: BOUNDING!

I know you’re shocked, but a lot of planning has gone into this trip. A year’s worth, in fact. And the excitement and anticipation are mounting! Steppe’s going on an adventure!!!!

It might
not also come as any big shock to you to know that I’m already mostly packed.
I had never heard of bounding before...well, maybe I had, but forgot. Had to look it up.
More power to ya Liesa. Can't say as I think this would be my thang.

Wait, what? You're packed over a month in advance...that means you are over a month before me...I'll probably start packing in 30 or 31 days and we leave in 32. Oooh, just realized...almos 30 days to Disney! W00T!

I know you’re shocked, but a lot of planning has gone into this trip. A year’s worth, in fact.

:faint:

And yet.... yeah... I do that too! :lmao:

It might not also come as any big shock to you to know that I’m already mostly packed.

:eek: That I do not do. You still have over a month to go!

I won’t offer any hints except to say the skirt is short. Any guesses without looking at others'?

Well, I know now, but didn't when I looked at the photo.
But then again, Disney bounding always pretty much goes right over my head. I never notice at all.

Love all your outfits! I haven't cared much for Disney bounding, but I actually really like the ideas you came up with. The Tinker Bell one is my favorite, but that's probably because I'm inundated with Peter Pan every day from my kids.

Okay! I haven't read any of the comments, because I want to take a guess at the 4th outfit. Is it the girl from Spaceship Earth?? The one that wears the short skirt and holds the clipboard?

I was trying less for a "costume and more for a "that resembles". :) I hope they come across as who they are, but maybe after 2nd glance.

Peter Pan isn't a bad one to inundated with ;)

Yes, it is!!! Which reminds me! I need to maybe get a clipboard! (A mini one). In fact, now I have this crazy (but rather good one IMHO) idea of using the clipboard at my F&W tray! I'll cut a notch out even!! WHOO BOY!! Thanks, Alicia for the inspiration!

I had never heard of bounding before...well, maybe I had, but forgot. Had to look it up.
More power to ya Liesa. Can't say as I think this would be my thang.

I think in general, it does tend to be more of a girl thang. And that's okay. Maybe girls like to play and pretend more? But I think it also has to do with personality and hobby preferences. I have done loads of "dressing up" even into adulthood, so this seems like a fun way to add to my Disney addiction.

Wait, what? You're packed over a month in advance...that means you are over a month before me...I'll probably start packing in 30 or 31 days and we leave in 32. Oooh, just realized...almos 30 days to Disney! W00T!

I just couldn't do that and these days it'd be even harder- just too much going on and I'd feel scattered and disorganized to the point I d' forget too many things.

(My underwear is in. If I report about (another) commando day, it's because Southwest lost my entire bag.)

:faint:

And yet.... yeah... I do that too! :lmao:

I would guess there are a LOT of DISsers here that do. Is it wrong to confess I started our preliminary plan for my Mother/Daughter May Trip yesterday?

:eek: That I do not do. You still have over a month to go!

So much to pack! Hallloween costumes! Bounding outfits! Shoes! Special-to-Disney toiletries!

UNDERWEAR!!!

Well, I know now, but didn't when I looked at the photo.
But then again, Disney bounding always pretty much goes right over my head. I never notice at all.

I'm seeing it more and more, so maybe you'll start to notice on future trips. :bitelip:

No it’s okay. Just don’t pack for it.

TMI!!! :lmao:

Maybe? I’m pretty dense so no promises.

Party pooper!

You think... ? :scared:

You don’t strike me as dense. Witty? Yes. Observant? Yes. Just need practice with Bounding? Yes.

IMG_2158-L.jpg

Yes, it may seem extreme, but everything in the bag is something that I won’t be using until the trip and it feels good to be able to be freed up to spend time on other details like designing and gathering my window decorations or planning my Food and Wine Action Plan. All that is left is throwing in my Ditty Bag (Steppe Code for my toiletries bag), finalizing the carry-on I’m taking, putting in some everyday jewelry, and zipping ‘er up. Yes, I did happen to buy a new suitcase for the trip. The one that Southwest wrecked (after Disney wrecked the one before that) is being used. So, it's fun to be using virgin luggage that is all my very own. I went with a hardcase although I'm sure Disney or Southwest will do their best to make me buy another piece next year.

This is the most organized suitcase I've ever seen! :worship:

I think I’m most excited about “Dory”. My plan is to wear her on an EPCOT day and take a photo by The Seas. The blue pants need to be altered a little bit (I need to turn them into shorts and take them in a tiny bit) and I need a black belt to finish it off, but I LOVE the necklace I made. So fun!!! By the way, all the shoes except the black flats for Dory (vv) are ones I already had.

I love it! The necklace is exceptional!

Next is Tink. It’s the most subtle of them all, and I need to find and order some shoe pom-poms, but other than that I’ll leave her as is. Maybe I can add a little bag of pixie dust. I was thinking this would be for DHS since I only have 1 MK day and I’ll be wearing my REAL costume then.

I love everything about this! The color of the skirt and scarf is so pretty!

Moana was fun to put together as well. I am in LOVE with the skirt (just above the knee). NO! I will NOT wear a crop top. 5 kids= no chance whatsoever of that. Ever. Because lipo is way too expensive. The necklace and pendant both came from the thrift store as well and I consider it a score for accessorizing. I ordered the plumeria clip for my hair off of Etsy, so it was a bit more. But again, all total $25-$30 or so. Moana is for AK since she’s all about adventuring. I'm still re-thinking the shoes for her. Sandals seem necessary...

This is adorable! I do think sandals would complete the look but I am also a fan of comfort...

I won’t offer any hints except to say the skirt is short. Any guesses without looking at others'?

Oooh I know, I know! :yay:
Disco Lab Tech from Spaceship Earth!!

I`ll accept that. Just like you need practice with higher methods of locomotion. Until then, you can continue to saunter.
Wait a sec...

First Liesa was talking about white powder and PCP and booze, now you're saying to have to be even more high to do something other than saunter? What is this board coming to???

So, white powder is to sauntering as heroin is to sashaying? Now, I'll really pass on the sashaying.

This is the most organized suitcase I've ever seen! :worship:

A fair bit of tender loving care went into it. ;)

I love it! The necklace is exceptional!

I post a close up of it soon. :)

I love everything about this! The color of the skirt and scarf is so pretty!

Thanks!! Still need to take it in some though. Ugh, not looking forward to seeing.

This is adorable! I do think sandals would complete the look but I am also a fan of comfort...

I’ll look for some sandals that might be wearable all day long. Hmmm.... maybe it’s time for some Birks.

Oooh I know, I know! :yay:
Disco Lab Tech from Spaceship Earth!!

Yes!!! It’s she amazing?!

Wait a sec...

First Liesa was talking about white powder and PCP and booze, now you're saying to have to be even more high to do something other than saunter? What is this board coming to???

So, white powder is to sauntering as heroin is to sashaying? Now, I'll really pass on the sashaying.

Well, I am going as Alice for the party so maybe an extra “Drink Me” is in order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!