The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

Omg that maple bourbon cheesecake was the BEST! My favorite dessert from the festival. You did really good in two days too!

O is for: Overindulgent Oinkification of Ordered Offerings
Oh my what an imaginative title

It was more tasteless than SNL on any given weekend.
tenor.gif

Anyway, because of this selfish oaf, I stood in the very, very, very hot sun and ate my delicious brat and nudeln.
Think I might of planted myself right down next to him.

Oh yum

::yes:: So love that party. Need to go again some year.

I'm sure you'll find an opportunity at some point.

Well, considering I was talking about you... then totally agree.

:blush::blush::blush:

Yeah... permanently.

I have opinions on this, but perhaps best offscreen.

::yes:: They're there to interact, so... interact!

YES!!1

oh pffttt… New lens helps. But you have to know the settings and have an eye for where to point it.

I try. :)

I think you're far overshadowing me in the photo department. Admittedly, I mostly took snaps and not "photos" on my road trip... although... I did take the big camera out a couple of times and... hoping they turned out. We'll see.

Looking forward to seeing those!

::yes::
And... I may not. I so love my float!

I discovered/tried a new one....

So being constipated is a good thing here.

I first read that as "compensated". :laughing:

No. I highly doubt that. I guess you never know, but... very unlikely.

A lot can happen in a year!

I believe we are the mixed nuts.

:joker::jester::crazy:

Clever!

I completely endorse this. Sauntering, I mean. Sashaying takes far more skill and finesse than a full belly would allow. One could equate sashaying with an exaggerated waddle.

giphy.gif

So that's what you look like when you equate sashaying with an exaggerated waddle? Accurate! That's exactly what I looked like, so maybe I CAN sashay after Food and Wine!

Nope. Doesn't sound appetizing at all. That whole "squash" part needs to be replaced with, say... beef and cheese. And cover the whole thing in a nice marinara.

I like where that's going. Except I tried something like that in Italy last year and it was ho-hum.

Er, the servers weren't, but...

:laughing: You sound just like my DW.

How often does carrot cake show up in your lounge?

Only once so far...

this week.

:laughing:
Mind you, I haven't seen SNL in many years.

Me neither.

Kinda like that. :)

I loved the whole area. Very pretty!

Well... poop! I loved the slider.

I know you did. You had several? with Katie et al not long ago.

Hmmm.... Now that I don't remember. Bun wasn't soggy that I can recall. I wonder if you got one that had been sitting for a while.

I think so.

I like the sound of the cake, but not the salad. I typically like my noodles hot.

I've had cold noodle salad before and it's pretty good, but it was seasoned much better.

Heard of that. Not sure if I want to try one since I'm not a beer fan at all... but... I also keep hearing that it doesn't taste like beer, so...

Very sweet comparatively.

Now that looks delicious!!

Mmmm!!!

Oh yes! Very subtle.

It's a gift.

And yet, if you'd gone over and just sat down, he would've been forced to move those arms.

Maybe, but I'm usually too shy or polite.

Wow! That looks... amazing!

It was!

Hmmm... Maybe I wouldn't care for it then. Not a fan of Grand Marnier or rum... and I think the "whipped cream vodka" might be too much?

I think I'd do rum next time.

MORE?!???!?

Another gift.

oooh! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on this place. Want to see it!

I think you'll like what I have to say!

Actually... that's not all that bad. You had quite a bit and it's over two days...

I think it amounted to 2 sig dinners which I'd have done anyway probably.

I'm sure you'll find an opportunity at some point.

I sure hope so!

I have opinions on this, but perhaps best offscreen.

Okay. I'll PM you. :)

Looking forward to seeing those!

Well actually... so am I! I downloaded them from my camera to the computer, but haven't had a chance to even look at them! :laughing:

I discovered/tried a new one....

Oh???????

I first read that as "compensated". :laughing:

It would be nice if you could be compensated for your constipation. Sorry, just a rumination.

A lot can happen in a year!

This is true. :)

giphy.gif

So that's what you look like when you equate sashaying with an exaggerated waddle? Accurate! That's exactly what I looked like, so maybe I CAN sashay after Food and Wine!

O.... M.... G.....

I really need to stop answering threads when I'm tired.
I meant to say that "sauntering" was a waddle. But instead I wound up insulting myself!!!!

:lmao:

I like where that's going. Except I tried something like that in Italy last year and it was ho-hum.

Well... poop.

Er, the servers weren't, but...

:laughing: ;) Like those boys, do ya? Easy on the eyes? Just a bit?

I suspect I have zero chance of becoming a server there.

Not being Italian and all. :rolleyes:

Only once so far...

this week.

I know you did. You had several? with Katie et al not long ago.

::yes::

I've had cold noodle salad before and it's pretty good, but it was seasoned much better.

hmmm.... I'd try it, but...

It's a gift.

Distending one's stomach on demand is more like a super power.

Maybe, but I'm usually too shy or polite.

Uh, huh. Said the woman who said:

He’s lucky I was satiated and lazy, or my snarky, confrontational side might have gotten the better of me. Yes, I do have an occasional urge to sidle on up to blatant rudeness and nudge a realization with a well-timed remark or two. “Hey Dung Beetle, think there might be room for a few more people on this one and only bench in the shade on this very, very, very hot day?”

I think I'd do rum next time.

Hard pass.

I think you'll like what I have to say!

Looking forward to that!

I'm so far behind, I can't be witty and quote stuff. You are daring to try all the treats altering your shape and size and consciousness! :laughing:

Nice Alice Steampunk costume. I'm considering going solo to the party next year and letting Fran sleep in the room if she wants. I want pictures!!! You did great on getting yours.

Anyone else thinking: Thank God it’s Friday?!?!

Replies this weekend....

What’s y’all doin’?

This is how far behind that I am! You posted this on 11/2 and I'm just now reading it. What did I do that weekend? Lay around like a slug and just barely start to get my appetite back after a week of being sick. :crazy2:

Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour DOLE® Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise – $5.00
The bun looks like a garden variety dinner roll from the supermarket. I'd expect something a bit more Food and Wine ish......

No, not a unique to F&W offering, but a tasty old standby nonetheless. It was cold, refreshing and didn’t taste a lot like beer. Which by definition made it pretty good. A cup of courage safely stowed in my veins, I rallied and left in search of something that was (I hoped) a sure bet. I mean how can you go wrong with a hot dog and cheesy pasta. Seriously, if this disappointed me, I’d have contemplated heading to the nearest Urgent Care Center to have my vital signs checked.
Cheesy pasta is life!

And I was full. (And irritated.)

But not too full (or irritated) for dessert.

Because there is no such thing.
I would be incredibly irritated.....but dessert has a way of making things better.

always say, "there's no better remedy than booze and ice cream".

Ok, I said it once in EPCOT a couple of months ago, but I should say it more.
That's pretty much my mantra!

Total Spent over 2 days: $97.50 which included 5 drinks (one a flight)
You did well!

I just read both of your F&W updates and it makes me so happy that I'm going back the first weekend in October!

I really liked the bacon mac and cheese too, as well as the shinkenudeln. I can't see how butternut squash ravioli would be good, but then again, it's the one squash I don't care for. Is the poutine a regular menu item at Refreshment Port? I may have to get that in March.

I'm sure @franandaj would approve whole-heartedly.

I was wondering if she was yanking my chain when she said "cilantro".

Heard of that. Not sure if I want to try one since I'm not a beer fan at all... but... I also keep hearing that it doesn't taste like beer, so...

When we have a DIS meet at EPCOT you can order the beer and when you don't like it you can give it to me! :laughing:

I guess not all dishes can be winners, but it is disappointing when most of what you order turns out to be a dud. I'm sad to hear the pork slider was bad; it's something that's always interested me.

But hooray for Germany saving the day! Leave it to a refreshing alcoholic beverage on a hot day to turn the tables around. :rotfl2:

Too bad some of your eats were disappointing. I guess the drinks might have been redeeming. That martini dessert looks fabulousLy decadent.

I am excited to be going to Disneyland Resort Dec 17 -20 for official agent education. Sweet Brook hooked me up! Looking forward to eating some Christmas treats!

Too bad the ravioli didn't meet expectations. It does sound good. Although I must confess I've never eaten squash. Isn't that one of those vegetable things people keep talking about?

I think it would have been good in fact, if they'd added some more flavor. Salt for sure, a bit more of the basalmic and some ground pepper? Chili flakes? something!

You've never eaten squash?! Really? I adore it when cooked right. It's fantastic as a soup, or just baked with OJ, brown sugar and cinnamon. Yum!!

Mmmm....cheese, pasta, meat...sounds like my main food groups. While I did not have the F&W version, I have had the regular nudel gratin from the QS window in Germany. I enjoyed the taste, but there was something about the texture of cheese curds that I didn't really like.

I imagine it was real cheese that wasn't the kind that melts smoothly. Just a guess. I like that kind too, and for the record, I didn't know they served a noodle gratic at the QS place. Huh!

By the way, I was so disappointed that my August trip finished 3 days before Food & Wine started. I could see the booths, I even saw CMs training in the F&W costume. I would have loved to stay a bit longer, but of course the girls had school starting and my bank account was telling me 10 days was enough.

Oh man!! That was bad luck! I do get the schedules dictating trips, so can't blame you for missing it, but still. :( Next time, maybe send the kids home (they're old enough to fly on their own!) and stay a few extra solo days!

Yeah, it's sad how inconsiderate some people can be. Is it just me, or is a little annoying there are so many people sittings at tables in that picture, but none have food. If I saw a table, part of my conscience would say it's only OK to sit and take up that spot as long as there is food and/or drink involved.

It was annoying. It's really hard to juggle a plate of food and a drink and not spill. Which I"m prone to do even with a table! It just seems like common courtesy to me. I do get it that peoples' feet need a break and are tired, but maybe offer to share the space? Most folks don't bite.

I really wanted to try this one but I ended up skipping it for some reason. I think by the time we got to the Germany booth I was full and we never made it back over that way again.

If you start going counter-clockwise there is no doubt you'd be full before you got to Germany! THat's why I made a conscious effort to go each way on separate days. I made that mistake the year before and never tried anything past Morocco.

I probably would have plopped half a butt cheek on the bench next to him and forced him to move over. Well maybe not for me but I would have definitely approached if I was looking for a bench for my Mom. I'm a bit protective of her and am always looking for a shaded seat for her.

I should have in hindsight. There is no legit reason one dude should take up an entire bench made for 3 or 4 people.

Yum! Love this martini! I tried it with chocolate ice cream and the whipped cream vodka which was really good. They are definitely strong though, I was flying for about a half hour afterwards! Definitely on the list for May.

I may try that combo next time, although I did enjoy the less heavy version of one of them being a yogurt. I wonder if they have sorbet. I like my drinks a bit on the tart side. As for strong. Yes. ;)

Okay, I'm finally caught up. One complaint -- your index isn't up-to-date, but I found my way through the alphabetic chapters. ;)

I will work on that later tonight, Glennbo! Thanks for pointing that out. :)

Wow, that ice cream martini looks really good. I almost never get mixed drinks at Disney though, I just can't get over the price tag on them. That one looks tempting.

Mixed drinks in general are a waste of $$ at Disney (watered down big time!) so I enjoy a glass of wine more often. But, this one, ends up being like $3 for a shot given the price of a single scoop of ice cream. So there's that.

Gotta say, I probably would've gotten that, too. Butternut squash is yummy if it is seasoned well. Otherwise, not so much.

Correct... IF seasoned well. Either a nice savory dish with herbs and salt, or sweet with brown sugar and spices. Plain (and this was!)... just no. EW! In concept this dish sounded great especially with the parm cheese and basalmic but it just wasn't enough to brighten up the otherwise bland flavor of noodle dough and squash.

I agree with pkondz that it was probably sitting too long. That would definitely account for mixed reviews - how long it had been sitting and getting soggy before serving.

Yes! The only other way a bun would get that soggy was if they'd not drained the meat or slaw.

Once our snow started melting, we had a bit of that! I had to go and rake over the weekend, after everything melted!

So, I wonder if you'll all have a white Thanksgiving.

It was pretty early for us - I'm not used to it snowing in early November! At least it melted fairly quickly, tho it did hang out a few days in the shady areas. (And yes, I did design the garden so it would look good from inside, even over the winter.)

But now it's late November! And the Holidays are here. And you can dream of next year's garden under a beautiful white blanket. :)

:rotfl2: I can't remember the last time I even watched SNL. I can't stay up that late anymore.

I'm not surprised at the issue, though. Squash might be the most tasteless food on planet earth.

You and me both, Friend. :rolleyes: On a week night especially. Unless I'm working an overnight.

It is if served plain. I daresay it CAN be turned into really great dishes given the proper tender loving care. It's an art.

Now this I would have expected to be better. Sad.

Me too, especially after all the raves it got in years past.

That's an understatement! Still pretty sure it's the only way Julie found me attractive.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

It took me a little while to figure out what this meant. I can't decide if I should condemn him for being selfish or if I should give him grace and figure that he was clueless about the image he was projecting and would have happily moved if someone had asked him to.

It is certainly possible. No one went near the bench with a hopeful look on their face or strolled over bothering to ask, so I honestly don't know. I suppose next time, I will politely ask. If he ignores me, I can just shove him off the end.

That's like 3 t-shirts in the gift shop, so you got a lot more value for your $$.

I know. I've got not one but two sets of I-Drank-Too-Much-In-Disney sweats that cost 3-4 times that in the booze that got me into those predicaments. (Don't judge; I forgot Orange Co., CA can get that cold at night in Spring.)

This thought crossed my mind too. People (like... me!) can be a bit clueless. Not deliberately trying to be a jerk, and happy to share the bench if someone were to ask, or simply sit.
I'll have to make sure I don't do this in the future. (Not sure if I've done it in the past... but maybe? Unconsciously?)

Personally, I would fall into the "clueless" camp. My only thought would be, "Oh, nobody's on the bench, I guess I'll sit here." No thought whatsoever would be given to how I sat on the bench, especially if I was exhausted from walking around a theme park all day. I'd give up space right away if somebody asked me.

I'm sure I've done this in the past, too, so it's something to keep in mind for the future. I didn't even know it was a thing.

There ya go, Liesa. Your TR has prevented two unwanted occurrences (and any future occurrences from said miscreants) of man-spreading from happening.

Phew!!! My work is done here.

:thumbsup2

Okay, on a serious note, I'm sorry if I came across too harsh. :) :flower3:

Next time I will ask if anyone is joining him and may I please rest my feet. Best to give the benefit of the doubt.

Omg that maple bourbon cheesecake was the BEST! My favorite dessert from the festival. You did really good in two days too!

I think there was another maple-y treat I wanted to try <goes to DisneyFoodBlog to go a'hunting>

Theeeeeeeeeere you are!

• Maple Bacon Funnel Cake topped with Candied Bacon (KA) – $12.00
From the funnel cake place in the American Pavilion. Maybe this one next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter