The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

I headed straight for my go-to Nuggets of Loveliness. Not only do they feed my taste buds, they also stoke my sense of nostalgia like no other food at WDW. Oh, of course there are others that do as well, including frozen bananas and Dole Whips, but Casey’s Nuggets are that one thing that I try to get every trip. Unfortunately, several thousand other costumed guests must have gotten the same hankering, as it took about 30 minutes to order and get my nuggets.

Mmm, I haven't had these for a while but kinda have a hankering for some...right now!

inally, it was my turn and when Alice saw me, her, umm…. less prim counterpart, she was immediately quite animated and excited to talk about my accessories. Mad Hatter told me that he liked my hat and we all prattled on about being punctual.

OMG your costume is amazing!!!!

IMG_7908-L.jpg

I love this picture! You are certainly the burlesque version of Alice! And I say that with the highest of compliments!

Behold… Party Goal #3: The Headless Horseman.

That is a great shot! This parade is the hardest thing to photograph and you did such a great job, love the shots!

I love this one! The gravediggers are so hard to get a clear shot of!!

After the parade, it was time for getting some magic shots and do a little more trick or treating. Instead of looking scared, in most of my attempts at being cute or horrified, I simply ended up looking constipated. @pkondz , is that what you look like during your border crossings?

Haha it looks like you're lugging someone else's heavy luggage...while trying to be happy about it, and not doing a good job at hiding your pain. :laughing:

OMG this might be my most favorite shot of the evening!!! It's perfect!

I was happy to have my new lens with me for trying it out on the HM. But it’s just so darn dark in there! I ended up with a (very!) few that are passable shots and not much else. Still fun to try…

Nice! What lens is it?

What’s y’all doin’?
De-Halloweening the front yard...in the rain. It's raining all weekend and I don't want pumpkins and ghosts up all next week, so it's now or never. I'm just sticking it all in the garage to dry out.

And I'm finally getting a chance to update my TR. I've had a busy couple weeks, with my birthday last weekend, my sister-in-law had a baby on the 30th so there were a couple trips to the hospital, and of course Halloween. It's nice to take some time on a Saturday morning to unwind.

Hi Lisa! I'm trying to make my way around to everyone's TRs who are coming in May! All caught up on this one. Way too much to comment on everything but I do want to say that your pictures are gorgeous and I loved your MNSSHP costume.

What’s y’all doin’?

Late to the party, but on Saturday, dh and I went to see Bohemian Rhapsody. I got tired of saying, "Oh, I'll get that movie on dvd from the library later," then never getting around to watching the dvd's I borrow. So I insisted we go to the theater to watch it. Tho we were frugal and went in the morning. Amazingly, the new local theater has fine-tuned their pricing so that it is not only different for different times, but also for different theaters with different sound systems! We opted for the $7 tickets at 10:15 am in the small space with regular sound, vs $12 for 10:00 am in the fancy-schmancy space, vs $18 for the 7:00 pm show! (Disney could take lessons from them, lol) I can't say that I noticed the sound not being as good as it could possibly be - and it was way better than watching at home on our regular tv, and no interruptions. Good movie, too - tho take into consideration that it was heavily taken from the point of view of 2 of the surviving band members. (They also apparently manipulated the timing on one thing for dramatic effect, according to reviews I read afterwards).

I also spent about 3 hours raking, since I knew that it would rain on Sunday and I hate raking wet, heavy leaves. Now I just hope that the rest of the leaves don't end up getting buried under snow, since we do have 1-3" forecast for Thursday night!

I am also here and this time before you reached page 69. For those new to Leisa's reports , lfe and delicious sense of humor , I have followed her since her Crapistan days , had a wonderful meet with her in DC , when she first came back from the Camels , I also met her again at Piano Bob's and we celebrated her un birthday . Yes I was the culprit but but another put me up to it!! Looking forward to this PTR!!
Hi Rosie !!! :wave2:

West? As in my area West?? Do tell!

LA, Anaheim and then Vegas. Conference time with a side of Disney.

my yearly hello. hope all is well....flying...wow. what can't you do!

Doing well my friend. Still in Kentucky. Still going to WDW. Still Asian.

Hi Jordan!!!

All caught up!. Your pictures as usual are superb! Looks like you had a fun MNSSHP. Sorry for the repeated pop ins but I try to catch up when I can. Loving the tour through AK with your scavenger hunt.

N is for: No End to the Noshing!

Anyone hungry? Well, this update may not actually satiate those hankerings, but it will be a party for your eyes. For those of you who might have said yes, take my hand and I shall lead you down the yellow brick road to Food Nirvana. A place called EPCOT’s Food and Wine, where gluttony is the name of the game and Steppesister shows no shame. For those of you who don’t like food, come along anyway, there’s plenty of shopping where we’re going and you can party poop in those places. If you don't like eating or shopping, I guess we'll meet you at the Poker Table later on... just save some of the nut mix for me.

As per usual, this will not be a chronological journey; the following tales took place over 2 full days of stuffing my face where a perma-grin was plastered as I savored every bite from delicious to mediocre. Because no matter how bad the samples were, even the worst food tastes more amazing than food I have to cook, no? (Spoiler: Nothing was terrible. Some were just okay, but nothing was gross… like the infamous Escargot in Croissant monstrosity in the France Pavilion I had in 2016.)

After a fun morning in FW, of which I’ll share all about some other time, (remember I still have 3 Alphabetical Scavenger Hunts to trek through!) the first kiosk I hit up was Coastal Eats where it sits within a grouping of kiosks off to the right after leaving FW. A cluster of places themed less to a geographical place, but rather to a concept- like healthy eating, or coastal eating, or spicy flavors. You get the idea, yes? There was one particular thing I wanted to try here:

Lump Crab Cake with Napa Cabbage Slaw and Avocado-lemongrass Cream – $5.25, DDP Snack Eligible

Steppe’s thoughts: The crab cake part was very good and I enjoyed it. BUT, had the cream sauce been less bland, I’d have enjoyed it a whole lot more. The slaw underneath sadly left a lot to be desired. It lacked salt and needed more flavor in general. Sure, healthy, and okay, but not one I’ll return for again next year. Maybe some spicy addition, or lemon drizzled on it? Or cilantro in the slaw…?? Something!! Please! Give this dish some flavor to make the calories worth it!

While I was standing there, harshly judging my first dish, a couple sauntered up to my table with a cute little burger bite. It looked pretty good and they raved about it. And I got a new hankering. For the day was still yet young. I, being pretty nosy, boldly asked, “From whence does this delectable arise?”

Okay, fine. I wasn’t that overly dramatic, but I did ask and they pointed to
Earth Eats.

Off I trotted to feed the beast a bit more with:

The Steakhouse Blended Burger: Blended Beef and Wild Mushroom Slider with Brie Cheese Fondue, Arugula, Truffle and Blue Cheese Potato Chip on a Brioche Bun – $5.00, DDP Snack Eligible

This was not the burger they got. Theirs was some healthier, vegetarian shenanigans which I said “no thanks” to, for a Food and Wine Festival on Vacation is not the place for either healthy or moralistic eating.

This cute little slider-sized noshable that I got was pretty darned good! Savory, visually pleasing, and quite fresh. How can one go possibly wrong with Brie Cheese? Seriously, dunk most anything in a warm, melty slab of brie and hello!!! Dog biscuits would probably taste great dipped in Brie. Not that I'd ever try it, but...

This IS one I’d go back for. But no time to linger too long…. Still holding on tight? Need something sweet? Steppe’s got ya covered!!

Just around the corner, still in Food Alley, I came to the
Chocolate Studio. Let’s be clear. Chocolate has to be pretty good for Steppe to indulge and enjoy. And by that I mean, 72% or better is the name of the choco game. Dark, bitter and moody. Kinda like me on a Monday morning. Could anything tempt me from here? Well SURE!!

Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey-Caramel (GF) (KA) – $5.00, DDP Snack Eligible

Because the next best thing to good chocolate is booze. (I sound like such a sophisticated lush, don’t I?) To be honest, I was simply more intrigued with the method than either the chocolate or the boozy sauce. I got it for the show.

Worth it? OH, HECK YES! It was quite delicious. And the portion just the right size to not feel gross yet on top of the 2 items I’d already gotten. I’m pretty sure that white stuff on top is the almond shavings. The warm sauce was nice too. The ultra freeze that made for the crunchy texture on the outside didn’t last long, but long enough for some novelty. Bonus... mmmm, whiskey.

Moving on, to something even better for a sweet taste…

To the Cheese Studio for:

Maple Bourbon Boursin Cheesecake with Maple Bourbon Cream, Caramel and Pecan Crunch (V) – $4.50, DDP Snack Eligible

This was a top pick for me on the handy-dandy little checklist I’d made for my foray into Foodville. Love me some maple... but paired with Pecan and Cream Cheese sounded like a match made in Heaven. (It didn’t slip past you that there happened to be another boozy flavor in this, did it?) Did I like it? No.

I loved it.

It was a perfect combination of flavors and the texture was just right. Definitely one going on the next year’s list!

Just to make sure I didn’t get dehydrated, I got this to go with it:

Florida Orange Groves Winery Sparkling Blueberry Wine, St. Petersburg, FL – $10.00

Perfectly yum! I doubt I can get it here, but I sure liked it there.

While I was waiting for my little mounded beauty, this came out at the same kiosk and I was intrigued:

I think I will put this one on next year’s list to sample:

Cheese Trio: Profiterole topped with Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese and Orange Apricot Jam; Smoked Salmon Pinwheel with Boursin Shallot and Chive Cheese and Everything Seasoning; Strawberry Macaron with Boursin Pepper Cheese – $5.50, DDP Snack Eligible

Pretty!

Still in “The Alley”, I waddled over to get my beloved Loaded Mac and Cheese from the Active Eats Kiosk. So far, up to the point, I’d had Mac and Cheese at Disney twice already. Would this be the Winner, Winner, Mac and Cheese Dinner?? Would it be the star of the Let’s-Get-Overly-Full-Party??

Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Nueske’s® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green Onions (KA) – $5.00, DDP Snack Eligible

Why yes. Yes it would. Why? Because bacon, and crunchies, and spicy, and cheeeeeeeeeeeeesy. Just delicious! So, so nom-nom.

tenor.gif

By now, I was feeling like a pig on a spit. It was hot, and my tummy needed a break. Okay, those of you who didn’t say yes earlier and are waiting for me in the shops, I'm almost there! Over the 2 days, I did hit every single country’s shops and time will tell on whether I was able to complete this year’s Shop-Around-the- World Quest. Patience, this TR is no fast moving train. I spent quite a bit of time just browsing while blowing off some hard-earned calories. #iwasn'tgassy Food and Wine is not for the faint of heart or weak of stomach. Did I mention that on the way there, I stopped for another little taste? (Okay truthfully, this may have been on a different day?) I have a deep dark, secret that I’ve felt compelled to hide since I have more than a few Canadian readers, but…

I had never tried Poutine. I mean, I’d never even heard of it until like last year. I know, I know...you must think I live in some Doomday Shelter in the middle of Alabama or someplace deep underground with no human contact. I needed to finally remedy this gastronomic oversight. And now was my chance, at the Refreshment Port:

Traditional Poutine: French Fries, Beef Gravy, and Cheese Curds – $6.99, DDP Snack Eligible

Did I enjoy it? Sure. I’d get poutine again! I like the combo of fries and gravy with curds. I mean, hard to go wrong with any of those ingredients…. Ever. And this all seems to work really well. That makes one more thing the Canadians do well. Did I eat it all? No. By now, I was feeling rather dull and lethargic from overload. Then again, it could have been that this somehow accidentally ended up beside the Poutine:

Pineapple Soft-Serve Ice Cream with Bacardi Coconut Rum – $10.25

I mean after all, it did just happen to be there at the same kiosk. Seriously!! Dirty trick, Disney! I can tell you, it lived up to every coconut rum and pineapple soft serve dream I’ve ever had.... after the soft serve got a bit melty into the rum. Before that it was, I confess, a bit too strong for my delicate, under-educated palate. (Stop rolling your eyes.) A little stir and some wicked hot, Florida sun took care of that in no time, and before long it was a cupful of delicious Food and Wine history swimming in my gastric juices.

Okay, for reals, it definitely was time for a break from eating and do some shopping. (It only took about 2 hours or so to make it past The Alley and the Refreshment Port and into WS proper. (Clearly, Food and Wine can’t be rushed.) I shopped. I browsed. I went counter-clockwise. Well, one day clockwise the other counter-clockwise. The usual, proper way is to saunter counter-clockwise, which we've discussed before, so no need to re-hash that. Mmm, hash...

I spent all day just making the loop sauntering the afternoon and early evening away... and it was a long, long, but completely wonderful and satisfying way to spend my vacation time. And nothing burns off Food and Wine calories better than by walking while sweating to death around World Showcase. Am I right?

By nearly closing time, I felt like I could handle one last offering and call it "dinner". And yes, this portion was pretty big and quite savory! Here, in the
Belgium Kiosk, I found one more thing on my list I'd wanted to sample:

Beer-braised Beef served with Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes — $5.25, DDP Snack Eligible

I actually had some company with this dish. While sitting in the Morocco area eating it, I noticed a skittering movement out of the corner of my eye. Close to the side of a building, scampering off behind a big ceramic plant pot. (Not a pot plant, just to be clear. Disney is the last hold out for that recreation. I digress... ) I went to investigate and sure enough, Mickey's larger, rodent cousin was jonesin' for a bite of my mashed potatoes. Remy has good taste and he'd come to the right place. This was really a very good little dish. A lot like Mama's homemade stew over a very nice creamy bed of taties. I didn't taste any beer in it as advertised, but still, hearty, warm, and filling. A great bang for your buck for $5.25. #remyisreal

And there is where I'll leave off- About halfway through my wanderings through Food and Wine, 2018. 7 Kiosks, 9 goodies, and a couple of very sore feet. Up next, more epic amounts of eating. Plenty more fun to get through, as long as you're hanging in there! Working an overnight shift tomorrow, and hope to catch up on everyone's threads and replies here very soon. If not tomorrow, then during that shift. Here's to hoping my patient sleeps all night. There are worse things that could happen.....

Last edited:
I was already getting some fun comments on my Alice-gone-Steampunk get up, and it was FUN!!!
Love Alice Steampunk!

Finally, it was my turn and when Alice saw me, her, umm…. less prim counterpart, she was immediately quite animated and excited to talk about my accessories. Mad Hatter told me that he liked my hat and we all prattled on about being punctual.
Great M&G!

But the most hilarious interaction of all was during the ride itself.

On one of the bridges a Pirate Captain was talking to guests as they passed below. One guy in our boat yelled up to him, “Have you seen the Captain?!”

Pirate: “I AM the Captain!”

The Guy: “NO, the other Captain- Captain Jack Sparrow.”

Pirate: <Rolls eyes and states in tone of complete exasperation and disdain> “He’s not a REAL captain, you know.”

I about died laughing! That one brief interaction made the entire ticket price worth it.
Agreed! Completely unexpected and utterly perfect!

I scooted off to find something I’d wanted to for quite some time- the Dole Whip Pineapple Upsidedown Cake. As they say in Holland, “It tasted like an angel peed on my tongue”. Absolutely divine!
YES! I never heard that Dutch expression before but it pretty well describes the awesomeness that is the Pineapple Upside down cake. Mmmmmmm!

I managed to get them all but the Hitchhiking Ghosts. Ah well, next year! The ones I did get were super fun and didn’t take long at all. I don’t think I stood in line for any of them more than 5 minutes total. At one location, I knocked 3 of the shots out (Main Street) and in front of the park there were 2.
Love the pictures!

The CMs had party specific makeup on and were extra morose as they welcomed you to join the 999 Happy Haunts. It was perfect- in every way possible.
HM on party night IS perfection!

I try to get at least a pin or two each trip as a memento and this year picked up this one for MNSSHP:
So perfect with Orange Bird!

ust around the corner, still in Food Alley, I came to the Chocolate Studio. Let’s be clear. Chocolate has to be pretty good for Steppe to indulge and enjoy. And by that I mean, 72% or better is the name of the choco game. Dark, bitter and moody. Kinda like me on a Monday morning. Could anything tempt me from here? Well SURE!!

Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey-Caramel (GF) (KA) – $5.00, DDP Snack Eligible
That looks delicious!

Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Nueske’s® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green Onions (KA) – $5.00, DDP Snack Eligible
You simply cannot go wrong with cheesey, bacon goodness!
And there is where I'll leave off- About halfway through my wanderings through Food and Wine, 2018. 7 Kiosks, 9 goodies, and a couple of very sore feet. Up next, more epic amounts of eating. Plenty more fun to get through, as long as you're hanging in there!
Loving the updates and your pictures!! Have you thought of doing photography professionally?

but it will be a party for your eyes.

mmm... eye parties. eye think eyed like that.

Anyone hungry?

I am now!!!

take my hand and I shall lead you down the yellow brick road to Food Nirvana.

I'd like that. Thanks for the offer.

gluttony is the name of the game and Steppesister shows no shame.

:laughing:

For those of you who don’t like food

...said no one, ever.

you can party poop in those places.

I bet you did, after eating all that food!

If you don't like eating or shopping, I guess we'll meet you at the Poker Table later on

Disney offers poker now? I'd hate to guess what the houses cut would be.

a perma-grin was plastered as I savored every bite from delicious to mediocre.

:) I can just see you with that smile on your face.

Because no matter how bad the samples were, even the worst food tastes more amazing than food I have to cook, no?

::yes:: Very much, ::yes::

nothing was gross… like the infamous Escargot in Croissant monstrosity in the France Pavilion I had in 2016

I do recall that.
I've made a point of telling a few people about your opinion of that dish.

The slaw underneath sadly left a lot to be desired.

Huh. I too have had a recent slaw fail.

Or cilantro in the slaw…??

I'm sure @franandaj would approve whole-heartedly.

I, being pretty nosy, boldly asked, “From whence does this delectable arise?”

Okay, fine. I wasn’t that overly dramatic

Too bad! I would've paid good money to see that.

The Steakhouse Blended Burger

mmm.... hello! Although that crab cake sounded good too. But give me a yummy burger...

a Food and Wine Festival on Vacation is not the place for either healthy or moralistic eating.

um... wow. :worship?

Love the prose.

Dog biscuits would probably taste great dipped in Brie. Not that I'd ever try it, but...

:rolleyes1 Uh, huh.

Dark, bitter and moody. Kinda like me on a Monday morning.

:lmao:

Man! You are on a roll, sister!

mmmm... rolls...

Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey-Caramel

That sounds decadent. Yes please!

Because the next best thing to good chocolate is booze. (I sound like such a sophisticated lush, don’t I?)

Well, now that you mention it...

I did a double take at the hammer...

Then.... "Oh! Nitro!"

It shatters, right?

Maple Bourbon Boursin Cheesecake with Maple Bourbon Cream, Caramel and Pecan Crunch

Holy crap. Want!

Florida Orange Groves Winery Sparkling Blueberry Wine

That sounds like something I'd try. ::yes::

I think I will put this one on next year’s list to sample:

So... was this someone else's that you photographed, then?

I waddled over to get my beloved Loaded Mac and Cheese

::yes:: You're personal fave, I believe.

Why yes. Yes it would. Why? Because bacon, and crunchies, and spicy, and cheeeeeeeeeeeeesy. Just delicious! So, so nom-nom.

nom-nom indeed!

Why do I get the feeling that if I tried to sample yours, I'd draw back a bloody stump?

I spent quite a bit of time just browsing while blowing off some hard-earned calories. #iwasn'tgassy

since I have more than a few Canadian readers

:wave:

I had never tried Poutine. I mean, I’d never even heard of it until like last year.

:sad2:
Then again, until recently you couldn't find it outside of Quebec... then Canada. It seems to be going more mainstream now.

I know, I know...you must think I live in some Doomday Shelter in the middle of Alabama or someplace deep underground with no human contact.

yes

Traditional Poutine: French Fries, Beef Gravy, and Cheese Curds – $6.99, DDP Snack Eligible

I was prepared to scoff, but... if that's real beef gravy, then it looks like you have a winner, there

Did I enjoy it? Sure. I’d get poutine again!

Yay! Glad you liked it. :)

I mean, hard to go wrong with any of those ingredients…. Ever. And this all seems to work really well.

::yes::

Pineapple Soft-Serve Ice Cream with Bacardi Coconut Rum

ew. No.

I went counter-clockwise

Yes, I do recall having that discussion with you in a previous TR.

Well, one day clockwise the other counter-clockwise.

Oh?

no need to re-hash that. Mmm, hash...

And nothing burns off Food and Wine calories better than by walking while sweating to death around World Showcase. Am I right?

Right!

Beer-braised Beef served with Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes

mmm... I think I'd have pretty much everything you had. Well, except the gross coconut Dole whip.

(Not a pot plant, just to be clear. Disney is the last hold out for that recreation.

Give them time...
They have booze in MK now, so...

I went to investigate and sure enough, Mickey's larger, rodent cousin was jonesin' for a bite of my mashed potatoes. Remy has good taste and he'd come to the right place.

Wait.

You telling me you saw a rat? A real rat????

7 Kiosks, 9 goodies, and a couple of very sore feet.

And possibly a distended belly.

Thanks for that hilarious update! :goodvibes

mmm... eye parties. eye think eyed like that.

:sail:

I am now!!!

Well, that didn't take much!

...said no one, ever.

:rolleyes1

I bet you did, after eating all that food!

Perhaps... ;)

Disney offers poker now? I'd hate to guess what the houses cut would be.

About the same as an AP.

:) I can just see you with that smile on your face.

Cheesy mac and cheese = Cheesy grin.

I do recall that.
I've made a point of telling a few people about your opinion of that dish.

<inserts puke emoji she always tells herself she's going to save, but never does for times like this>

Huh. I too have had a recent slaw fail.

Oh? Where was that?

I'm sure @franandaj would approve whole-heartedly.

I have no doubt!

Too bad! I would've paid good money to see that.

Shall I send my bank acct info?

mmm.... hello! Although that crab cake sounded good too. But give me a yummy burger...

I eat about 4 burgers a year, and fewer crab cakes. Both were a nice change and quite good!

um... wow. :worship?
Love the prose.

Thanks, I had fun with this update.

Man! You are on a roll, sister!
mmmm... rolls...

:rockband:

That sounds decadent. Yes please!

It was rich for sure!

I did a double take at the hammer...
Then.... "Oh! Nitro!"
It shatters, right?

Yes, it does! Super fun to watch.

So... was this someone else's that you photographed, then?

Yes, just a random dish that happened to come out about the same time mine did.\

::yes:: You're personal fave, I believe.

100% for sure!

nom-nom indeed!
Why do I get the feeling that if I tried to sample yours, I'd draw back a bloody stump?

Chop chop!

:sad2:
Then again, until recently you couldn't find it outside of Quebec... then Canada. It seems to be going more mainstream now.

I can see why it's taking the world by storm!

I was prepared to scoff, but... if that's real beef gravy, then it looks like you have a winner, there

I have nothing to compare to so will take your word for it.

Yes, I do recall having that discussion with you in a previous TR.

I had 2 days, and wanted to not get full before getting to the other half, so did it that way.
mmm... I think I'd have pretty much everything you had. Well, except the gross coconut Dole whip.

Then I'll trade you for the escargot puke dish.

Give them time...
They have booze in MK now, so...

So a distinct possibility.
Wait.
You telling me you saw a rat? A real rat????

Yes.

And possibly a distended belly.
Thanks for that hilarious update! :goodvibes

You are very welcome! I'll be here until Wednesday; try the veal.

Last edited:
Because no matter how bad the samples were, even the worst food tastes more amazing than food I have to cook, no?

100%

The Steakhouse Blended Burger: Blended Beef and Wild Mushroom Slider with Brie Cheese Fondue, Arugula, Truffle and Blue Cheese Potato Chip on a Brioche Bun – $5.00, DDP Snack Eligible

Yum! This looks tasty!

This was a top pick for me on the handy-dandy little checklist I’d made for my foray into Foodville. Love me some maple... but paired with Pecan and Cream Cheese sounded like a match made in Heaven.

Oh my goodness, what a winning combination!

I have a deep dark, secret that I’ve felt compelled to hide since I have more than a few Canadian readers, but…

I had never tried Poutine. I mean, I’d never even heard of it until like last year. I know, I know...you must think I live in some Doomday Shelter in the middle of Alabama or someplace deep underground with no human contact.

WHAT!?? I'm shocked! Horrified!

Did I enjoy it? Sure. I’d get poutine again! I like the combo of fries and gravy with curds. I mean, hard to go wrong with any of those ingredients…. Ever.

Absolutely. I'm impressed that they use actual cheese curds. Looks tasty!

I shopped. I browsed. I went counter-clockwise.

Naturally. Is there really any other way to tour the WS?

This was not the burger they got. Theirs was some healthier, vegetarian shenanigans which I said “no thanks” to, for a Food and Wine Festival on Vacation is not the place for either healthy or moralistic eating.

My husband tried both and liked them but said the Steakhouse one with the real meat was much better.

Dog biscuits would probably taste great dipped in Brie. Not that I'd ever try it, but...

I had friends who used to eat them as snacks in college. I was talked into trying one and they are so nasty. :crazy2: I'm not sure how dogs even eat them.

Loved this dish and I don't even like almonds or caramel.

I had never tried Poutine. I mean, I’d never even heard of it until like last year.

I'll join you in saying I've never tried Poutine and I doubt I ever will. I am not a fan of cheese curds and soggy fries covered in gravy just does not sound appetizing to me.

Beer-braised Beef served with Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes — $5.25, DDP Snack Eligible

This was my favorite dish of the whole festival. It appealed to my pickiness being a fairly simple dish but so tasty.

Anyone hungry?

:wave: Always.

For those of you who don’t like food

Who doesn't like food??:confused3

Eh...I'm not sure I can totally go along with that thought.

Preach it, sister! :cool1:

Dog biscuits would probably taste great dipped in Brie.

Losing me again...

Just around the corner, still in Food Alley, I came to the Chocolate Studio.

...and I'm back!

Love me some maple... but paired with Pecan and Cream Cheese sounded like a match made in Heaven. (It didn’t slip past you that there happened to be another boozy flavor in this, did it?) Did I like it? No.

I loved it.

Sounds great except for the pecans. I'm glad you loved it so much!

Still in “The Alley”, I waddled over to get my beloved Loaded Mac and Cheese from the Active Eats Kiosk. So far, up to the point, I’d had Mac and Cheese at Disney twice already. Would this be the Winner, Winner, Mac and Cheese Dinner?? Would it be the star of the Let’s-Get-Overly-Full-Party??

Now this. THIS. How could that not be a winner?

I hadn't heard of it until the Canadian DIS Dads brought it up a couple of years ago.

I mean after all, it did just happen to be there at the same kiosk. Seriously!! Dirty trick, Disney! I can tell you, it lived up to every coconut rum and pineapple soft serve dream I’ve ever had....

Hey, it was there. You had to try it. For journalism purposes.

That sounds pretty great, too!

Love these pics and your costume is awesome

Thanks so much!! :) It was fun to put it all together.

More treats?

Is there really such a thing as too many?

oooohhhh…. scary boo!

She IS terrifying!

:rolleyes1

And yet... sooooo worth it. At least for me.

Yes, very! A truly fantastic evening of fun!

Great!

I think that's where some people go wrong. You just can't do everything. But if you go in wanting just a few things... then it's fun and a whole lot less stressful.

No, you just can't. But it is tempting when there's so much offered. But if you try to pack it all in, you'll end up frustrated.

Great! That makes the night even more fun. :goodvibes

Absolutely! I really enjoy the creativity people go with.

I stumbled on a similar (maybe the same) review. I was pretty surprised at how poorly everything rated.
I remember thinking I'd only want to try one or two things. The rest? Nah.

With the regular items I already wanted to get, and the crappy reviews, best to skip it.

Whoa. Long time. I wouldn't have stood in line that long for them... but would for a Dole whip float.
So I get that you did.

I don't think I'd realized that it was going to take that long. The lines didn't even seem that bad, so I'm not sure what the hold up even was.

Nice shot. They sure look like they're having a good time. :)

It looked like they put a lot of time and effort into their costumes. I always appreciate a job well done.

Huh. And yet... then the wait would've been an hour.

True, and that's when business actually starts to go down.

Not bad. Not like some people who wait 2.5 hours... in the rain...

But who would be stupid enough to do that?

Apparently more than just you.

People watching is great at that event. Nice you had some company.

Yes!

Love your costume. :) And... flashing a little bit of leg. What a naughty little Alice you are!

Thanks!

Well, I blame it on the Mad Hatter.

Heard that too.
But I'd heard that it wasn't a big deal. Glad that seems to be (at least for you) not the case.

I guess it doesn't take a lot to entertain me. LOL!

No one pointed this out?

I overheard someone say something. Not sure I'd have realized it if they hadn't.

:laughing: I'm surprised. So many people just sit quietly and wouldn't do that.

I know! But that's what makes it fun. Almost depends on it, in fact.

Dang! Nice shot! Super low light and moving? Nice.

Thanks! It's that new lens. I honestly have nothing else to give credit to.

Awesome...

Only problem is...…..
I found myself oohing and ahing over so many photos that... I figured I'd just not comment on each one and just give you a blanket "Wow! You got some really good shots!"

Thanks, PK. That always means a lot to me. You are a very fine photographer yourself, so I appreciate your complements.

Love how you captured the fog in this one.

Fog turned out to be trickier than I thought. This was a not-bad attempt, but I think I can do better.

Hmm... my Mom used to make upside down pineapple cake. I didn't care for it. Don't know if I'd enjoy this.

Only one way to find out!

Not bad at all, considering the variables.
And much better than some I've seen.

I tried. ;)

Yup!
And until a few years ago, the cemetery keeper and his dog.

Sadly, I never got to see him. Boo!

Okay! Okay!!!!

Sheesh. Can I at least put my socks in the dishwasher?

Maybe if you washed them that way, you'd still have both when you're done.

Man! Your parade photos are sharp! You got a lot of really good ones!

Thanks, again!

You caught the sparks! Nice one!!!!

I took about 30 photos of those guys. ONE actually turned out ok.

:laughing: Poor thing looks dead on her feet.

Yep. I heard they practice in the middle of the night from about 3:00AM- park opening. Storytime with Steppe:

On my flight down, I was listening in on a conversation going on in the row behind me. The lady was a CM who quit a few years ago, but she was one of the major production people on the IJ Show, but also the Day Time parade (whatever that was at the time) Producer. She was saying the hours finally caught up to her with middle of the night dress rehearsals and everything. Fascinating conversation. It's not surprise that girl looks tired.

But... sadly true.

It's like I'm looking into a mirror.

I appreciate the extra hair.

I'd give you some. That wig was pretty uncomfortable.

<straining.. straining>

Geez, just relax and take some Ex-Lax.

Maybe after the party. Can't be wasting time in the potty when I've paid $100 to be there.

:eek: A fate worse than death!

Never. Ever. EVER take a nurse's pen.

Man I love these shots!

I think you look scared. Great shot!

Thanks!

Next year!
Wish I could too! (say "next year" I mean. :))

Maybe it'll come together for you to get there next year! You never know!!

HM is pretty hard to shoot. Some areas more so than others... and you're always moving, too!

I've always found it FAR more difficult than PoTC. I guess just that much darker. And yes, moves faster. Only YOU seem to have the good fortune of the ride breaking down so you can get a good shot.

Awww... I bet that was just heaven.

Nothing better than that!

Too bad.
But I've done that. You're so busy yapping that... you just forget.

Which is exactly why DISMeets are so great, no. Quite a testament to how nice folks are here.

Hmmm... not sure. How was the bun?

It was good. I don't remember it being bad per se, but it the whole burger in general was just... pretty great!

She's great, isn't she? :goodvibes

She's so flippin' hilarious. And her costuming and makeup are on point!

You caught that?!?!?! :worship:

Yep! ;)

Well! Rude!

But then again, I already knew that from when you re-met your friends at the parade.

Sorry, I found the mixed nuts and soft drinks running low, so I had to kick you all out for a short time.

Like that shot too.
Liked all the shots!

Thanks so much for sharing them with us! :)

You are very welcome. Lots more to follow.

Love that!
Love the glowing epaulettes, stocking and... your nails!

Amazing how it turned out! I was lucky in this one.

I love this!

"EEEEEeeeee!..."

It cracks me up every time I look at it.

Tough one. Nice capture!

No, not an easy one.

I see what @franandaj mean.
She's not as pretty as she used to be.

Still.... I think I'm okay with a redhead pirate.

I am too. I'm ok with the change, but still... not necessary.

Not me.
Tomorrow it’s back to work. Lots of housework today.

So.... nope.

But I did think that on Tuesday.

Wonky schedule. I'm so, SO thankful no weekends for me. I suppose you do get the same amount of time off, but I guess the predictability is nice.

Mmm, I haven't had these for a while but kinda have a hankering for some...right now!

I love them so much. I admit the Little Red Wagon corn dogs are better overall, but these little nuggets at Casey's pack a lot more sentimental value.

OMG your costume is amazing!!!!

Thanks, Sy-Lynn!

I love this picture! You are certainly the burlesque version of Alice! And I say that with the highest of compliments!

She is edgy... ;)

That is a great shot! This parade is the hardest thing to photograph and you did such a great job, love the shots!

It is tough. My attempts last year were dismal so I was on a mission!

I love this one! The gravediggers are so hard to get a clear shot of!!

It was a lucky shot to get the sparks for sure!

Haha it looks like you're lugging someone else's heavy luggage...while trying to be happy about it, and not doing a good job at hiding your pain. :laughing:

Buahahahaha! I look like I"m about to dump a load.

OMG this might be my most favorite shot of the evening!!! It's perfect!

I really it too!

Nice! What lens is it?

I will have to look when I get home to make double sure. But I think it's a 50mm/1.4 ?

De-Halloweening the front yard...in the rain. It's raining all weekend and I don't want pumpkins and ghosts up all next week, so it's now or never. I'm just sticking it all in the garage to dry out.

And I'm finally getting a chance to update my TR. I've had a busy couple weeks, with my birthday last weekend, my sister-in-law had a baby on the 30th so there were a couple trips to the hospital, and of course Halloween. It's nice to take some time on a Saturday morning to unwind.

Yuck! Doing anything in the rain (except touring an empty Disney park) is torture. Blech! But I do get that the job has to be done. Cuz when Halloween is done, it's done.

And I will finally get to your TR this weekend. I ended up working a crapton of hours this last week with a last minute Overnight Shift added on tonight. :( So very, VERY little DISTime for me. I'm going on a photography field trip this Saturday, but will have Sunday to play catch up. Looking forward to your chapter!!!

Hi Lisa! I'm trying to make my way around to everyone's TRs who are coming in May! All caught up on this one. Way too much to comment on everything but I do want to say that your pictures are gorgeous and I loved your MNSSHP costume.

Awwwww!! :welcome::welcome::welcome:! I'm so glad you stopped by to say hello! It's going to be so fun getting to know you in May when we meet up. Thanks for your sweet complements! I enjoy taking the photos and am always looking for unique perspectives on the parks.

Late to the party, but on Saturday, dh and I went to see Bohemian Rhapsody. I got tired of saying, "Oh, I'll get that movie on dvd from the library later," then never getting around to watching the dvd's I borrow. So I insisted we go to the theater to watch it. Tho we were frugal and went in the morning. Amazingly, the new local theater has fine-tuned their pricing so that it is not only different for different times, but also for different theaters with different sound systems! We opted for the $7 tickets at 10:15 am in the small space with regular sound, vs $12 for 10:00 am in the fancy-schmancy space, vs $18 for the 7:00 pm show! (Disney could take lessons from them, lol) I can't say that I noticed the sound not being as good as it could possibly be - and it was way better than watching at home on our regular tv, and no interruptions. Good movie, too - tho take into consideration that it was heavily taken from the point of view of 2 of the surviving band members. (They also apparently manipulated the timing on one thing for dramatic effect, according to reviews I read afterwards).

Very interesting!! It's one of 2 movies I was hoping to see, the other being First Man. But I will likely not get to see either of them as we are in our "busiest" season at work right now. Loads of hours and a bit short-staffed so more $$ for me. Also a more tired and busier me. Glad you enjoyed some downtime though and you found one that fit your budget!

I also spent about 3 hours raking, since I knew that it would rain on Sunday and I hate raking wet, heavy leaves. Now I just hope that the rest of the leaves don't end up getting buried under snow, since we do have 1-3" forecast for Thursday night!

And did it?? Winter hasn't quite arrived here yet, but it should very soon. With our 5 months of grey, wet weather every day. YUCK!

LA, Anaheim and then Vegas. Conference time with a side of Disney.

Last time I was in Vegas was when I was 5 or 6. I remember only the "Circus". They had loads of carnival like games for us to play and I had a great time. I'm sure if I ever get to go again I'd take in a show or something. Have NO idea how to play a table or anything.

All caught up!. Your pictures as usual are superb! Looks like you had a fun MNSSHP. Sorry for the repeated pop ins but I try to catch up when I can. Loving the tour through AK with your scavenger hunt.

Thanks, Pat. I had such a wonderful time doing what I love. Never apologize for being here as you can. Lately, it's all I can muster as well. Keep popping in as often as you like and can; you're always welcome here!

Love Alice Steampunk!

Thanks!! Loads of fun to put it together!

Great M&G!

They were both so animated and enthusiastic. So. Much. Fun!

Agreed! Completely unexpected and utterly perfect!

I think the element of surprise made it a riot. Glad I could be part of it!

YES! I never heard that Dutch expression before but it pretty well describes the awesomeness that is the Pineapple Upside down cake. Mmmmmmm!

I loved it and think my kids will find it pretty fantastic next year.

HM on party night IS perfection!

::yes::

So perfect with Orange Bird!

It's nice Orange Bird has made such a great comeback! Yay for retro-Disney!

That looks delicious!

:cloud9:

You simply cannot go wrong with cheesey, bacon goodness!

For realz!!!

Loving the updates and your pictures!! Have you thought of doing photography professionally?

I actually have a bit. But it's a profession that is VERY tough to break into and actually make money doing. And, truth be told, I am absolutely petrified of photographing events or people. I just don't want that kind of responsibility of screwing up a once in a lifetime event like a wedding or something. :scared: I love to take my time and set up shots - especially in places I love like the outdoors or Disney parks, or in a market or something. Best of all in exotic places around the world. Maybe someday, but so far, just a hobbyist. :)

Yum! This looks tasty!

It was really nice! I'd totes do that one again!

Oh my goodness, what a winning combination!

:cloud9:

WHAT!?? I'm shocked! Horrified!

I know. I'm so sad this has been missing all my life.

Absolutely. I'm impressed that they use actual cheese curds. Looks tasty!

It was! Maybe someday I'll get to Canada (or better yet, Montreal) to get the real deal.

Naturally. Is there really any other way to tour the WS?

Nope. :snooty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!