The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

L is for: Let Me Be Your Guide...

Hey There!

My name is Mauvi-Navi! I'm big. I'm mauve. I'm groovy. And I'm here to welcome and guide you on an out-of-this-world kind of tour. Thank you for joining me on this continuation of Steppe's Alphabetical Scavenger Hunt through Disney's Animal Kingdom! Steppe is away attending to other business at this time Imagineering other attractions for your future enjoyment and has recruited me to entertain and enlighten (we Navi are exceptionally mauvalous at this!) as we make our way from letter to letter. Please stow your belongings in the provided bins, sit as far forward on your attraction vehicle as possible, and enjoy your ride.

Coincidentally,
N is for Navi.

'O' is the first stop on our tour. Steppe chose to go unconventional and get a photo of an
Oil Rig.

Sorry to spoil any magical notions you might have had about this tree, but the structure underneath is indeed an oil rig. It's just as magical to me when I see what the Imagineers and artists have made it.

Time for a drink! (It almost always is.) And there is simply NO better place to have a nice, quiet libation than the Nomad. If you have time to put up your feet, close your eyes, and just drink in the atmosphere along with your cocktail, then this is the place for you. My favorite here is a Pisco Sour. It's a lesser known spirit that not very many places have, but I LOVE it. Traditionally, it's made as a flip with shaken egg white to give it a creamy, beautiful texture. Garnished with nutmeg, it's a perfectly refreshing drink to enjoy in AK on a hot day!

(Sadly, on this day, Steppe was told they had no eggs to use. I was doubtful... Hello! There's a restaurant next door.)

P is for Pisco Sour:

Oops!! Only time for one cocktail, I don't mean to be prickly, but time to move along to our next letter, which happens to be 'Q' if you are keeping track.

Q is for Quills:

Since we've done a little day drinking, best to let someone else take care of the transportation. Remember Boys and Girls, don't drink and drive. I have roundtrip tickets for everyone on one of the last trips for this train. The forces that be have decided to nix one of the best hidden secrets of AK. Here, you could pet cute little animals, watch some pretty awesome (and sexy!) vets do their thang, and take a break from the crowds for a spell.

R is for Railroad:

Sad day, but what can you do? Let me explain...

Changes happen at WDW pretty regularly, and as much as we hate to see progress, we all have to take those changes in stride. We can complain and be sad, move on to other vacation destinations, or we can enjoy the new things they offer. If it weren't for those changes, I'd have never met Steppe, or any of you, and I'd be stuck on Pandora without any of you folks to fund our new world visit us or teach people how to ride banshees.

Ahem... where was I?

'S'. Yes, Letter 'S'.

S is for Spots and Stripes:

Did you know that there are 4 distinct themed areas on Discovery Island alone? I was fascinated by this when I read about this in the Imagineers Guide:

51MkR-r-CzL._SX252_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

If I remember correctly (the books are in Steppe's office, so don't have it handy), they are:

1) Spots and Stripes
2) Predator and Prey
3) Feathers and Scales
4) Horns and Shells

I could be wrong, so take it with a grain of salt, but I'm pretty sure I'm right...

Anyway, look closely at the adornments, art, etc.. on the various buildings and the theming becomes quite noticeable and obvious. And I love it! I love how Disney puts an intentionality to all they do to make a wonderfully cohesive story for us to enjoy.

Anyone hungry? Let's head to Tiffins for a bite to eat and our Letter 'T'.

T is for Tiffins:

Handy dandy lunch pails for those who really want to pack their dainties in style. Or store medical supplies. LOL! For those of you who followed or have read Steppe's last TR, you'll remember that she took a photo of a tiffin being used in a village clinic and didn't even realize it!! Thanks, @pkondz for pointing that out!!!

I'd recommend the chickpea falafels while you're here! We Navi tend to prefer the octopus salad as it more closely resembles something we would eat in Pandora. Tentacle-y things that fart ink in your eye. Delicious!

As soon as everyone has paid up, we'll move on to Letter 'U'. I don't recommend dining and dashing... you paid a lot of money for this tour!!

Wait... huh???!!! You didn't pay anything?!

You mean you all just clicked a button and showed up?!

Well, that's just great. Awesome. How is she supposed to pay ME then? I'm outta here. I can see a classic "the check's in the mail" scam from a planet away. Sorry folks, tour's ov...

Oh alright... fine. You've all be so nice to even show up in the first place I'll finish it up, but if she tries to stiff me, I can promise you that the next time she tries to ride a banshee, it'll be her very last.

Now, where was I?

Letter 'U'.

Ummm, there are no unicorns in Animal Kingdom. Steppe gave it her best shot. She apologizes but she was rather proud of her clever substitution after a long day of hunting. Er.... that sounds bad. She did not shoot any unicorns figuratively or literally. Not with a rifle or with a camera. Instead, she found a very unique alternative.

U is for Unique Safaris:

They were completely booked she tells me; maybe next time. I'm sure they are as reasonably priced as a Disney soda or resort parking.

Oops!! Time for another drink!

V is for Viniwaji Baridi:

Steppe stumbled upon this place when she was looking for vacancy but found none. No, she really was looking for "VACANCY", and either AK painted over it, or her Alzheimers is far more progressed than she thought. Just like unicorns, "Vacancy" was a fantasy.

Instead, she found another suitable substitution that fit the bill for Letter 'V'. Viniwaji happens to mean beverages, liquids or refreshments. Perfect for another round of libations on a hot Autumn day! Baridi, by the way, means cold. ;)

Also, coincidentally, you can find this sign by the Dawa Bar. Another favorite place because I can watch Tam Tam with a tasty Bloody Mary from there. Viniwaji BARidi AND good music!

Look! Up there!

No, further up! WAYYYY up there! It's a bit hard to spot, and disguised well, but there it is, our Letter 'W'...

W is for Waterfall.

Isn't it pretty? What an amazing Imagineering feat to make water fall from WAY up high!

HAHA!!! Just kidding. It's not even REAL even if a waterfall could form up there. This is Pandora's infamous fake waterfall. (Here's a pretty cool video which shows it way better.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Themepark/comments/6fa0c5/fake_waterfalls_in_pandora_see_how_the_forced/ )

Steppe got a real one too, just to be thorough. ;)

Steppe cut herself some slack as she faced letter 'X'. There are no xylophones in AK. And while there IS a Pandora, there is no Xanadu. She did look. But she anticipated that and decided that an eXtraterrestrial for 'X' was good enough. If this disappoints you, Steppe has asked me to challenge you to do better yourself. ;)

He may be cute, but he will eat your brain if you get too close. It's a lot like cable network TV.

'Y' was easy. Time for a trip to the Himalayas for a Meet and Greet with our favorite snow cone maker. Yellow ones are his specialty. Sure, he rips up train tracks, but wouldn't you want to if there were a bunch of screaming kids in your living room, too?

Y is for Yeti:

We're getting close!!!

Well, Folks, the next one is the best picture of a yeti Steppe could get. Come to think of it, it's the best picture ANYONE can get, really. A photo of the actual, real live yeti is almost impossible to get from a moving train! Obviously this one is a Disney Yeti as people are literally throwing money at him.

For the record, Big Foot IS much easier to photograph.

Z is for Zebra:

I'll leave you with one last photo to wrap up Steppe's Animal Kingdom Alphabetical Scavenger Hunt. I hope you've enjoyed our photo tour today and also hope you will come back to see us soon. Remember to stop of by the Satuli Canteen for a late night snack on your way out! It's been a joy to be your host today!

Bye now! And SIVAKO!!

Please give me, Mauvi-Navi, your feedback of my Tour by commenting below. All suggestions will be selectively faithfully passed along to Steppe. I promise.

Last edited:
Yes, it was. I think if I'd had 2 days in each park it'd have made it less "rushed". It CAN be done in one, but hurriedly.

I can see that. :)

I get where you're coming from, but remember this game was made with what I thought I remembered in each park, so it was in good faith. And honestly, the ones I came up with for substitutes I thought were perfectly clever and only as a last resort after I did try.

I read the update (will come back to comment later. Too tired right now.) and agree that your substitutes are pretty clever. I like them. :)

LOL! I like to try to get at least a few good shots of the animals when I'm there, so it made sense.

:laughing: And I think you got some really good ones. Love the Zebra shot too.

And that one was purely accidental!!! I was sitting there eating my beloved 8 Spoons Mac and Cheese and he just... posed for me. I wish I could darken the background a bit more than I was able to with LR but I LOVE the shape of his (her?) neck.

Nice of Disney to get him to do that for you. :)

But they're so good going down!

All the way through?

Smart move.

Nor me. But for kids yeah. Or adults who love the carnival side of the Country Fair. Sure.

Hmmm... Do kids like it? I don't know, tbh. If they do... then by all means keep it. There has to be something for everyone in Disney.

I couldn't. I'd have been standing in the landscaping and while that's okay in Disney Paris, it's not in WDW.

:laughing:

I'd recommend that. Especially since you may show up and find an empty lot.

Whoops!
But then I wouldn't have to worry about those stupid plastic keys.

Teenagers... a whole new world!!

An angst filled one.

Hey There!

:wave:

My name is Mauvi-Navi! I'm big. I'm mauve. I'm groovy.

Groovy? I thought you were moovy.

Steppe is away attending to other business at this time Imagineering other attractions for your future enjoyment

Wonder what she's cooking up?
Probably a Pandoran version of the Puke Cups.

we Navi are exceptionally mauvalous at this!

Groan!

Coincidentally, N is for Navi.

Coincidentally.

Sorry to spoil any magical notions you might have had about this tree, but the structure underneath is indeed an oil rig.

What? Really! Obviously knew it wasn't a real tree, but... Huh! Good use of an existing structure. ::yes::

It's just as magical to me when I see what the Imagineers and artists have made it.

Me too!

Time for a drink! (It almost always is.)

:laughing: :drinking1

If you have time to put up your feet, close your eyes, and just drink in the atmosphere along with your cocktail, then this is the place for you.

From the photo, it certainly looks nice.
I tend to be more "non-stop", but... I do like the look of this place.
Might have to force myself to stop for a bit there.

Traditionally, it's made as a flip

I envisioned you flipping your hair with an "I don't care" attitude. ;)

I don't mean to be prickly, but time to move along to our next letter, which happens to be 'Q'

:sad2:

Q is for Quills:

I'm impressed you found that one.
I don't remember seeing those guys.

I have roundtrip tickets for everyone on one of the last trips for this train. The forces that be have decided to nix one of the best hidden secrets of AK.

Really?
I knew they were losing the station... but thought they'd keep the train.
I don't think Walt would approve of that.

Ah well.

Sad day, but what can you do? Let me explain...

:laughing: She does look like she's shrugging and... "lemme tell ya..."

and as much as we hate to see progress,

No. I don't hate that. When Pandora was being built, I couldn't wait to see what it would be like. And they didn't disappoint.
What I don't necessarily like (depends on what) is when they remove a classic and replace it with something... not so great.

We can complain and be sad, move on to other vacation destinations, or we can enjoy the new things they offer.

I'll pick door number three, Monty!

you folks to fund our new world

Did you know that there are 4 distinct themed areas on Discovery Island alone? I was fascinated by this when I read about this in the Imagineers Guide:

51MkR-r-CzL._SX252_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

If I remember correctly (the books are in Steppe's office, so don't have it handy), they are:

1) Spots and Stripes
2) Predator and Prey
3) Feathers and Scales
4) Horns and Shells

I did not know that! That's really interesting. I'm going to have to keep an eye open for that when I go back. :)

you'll remember that she took a photo of a tiffin being used in a village clinic and didn't even realize it!! Thanks, @pkondz for pointing that out!!!

:) You're welcome!

I'd recommend the chickpea falafels while you're here!

erk. Nope.

Tentacle-y things that fart ink in your eye. Delicious!

:lmao:

I can see a classic "the check's in the mail" scam from a planet away.

You started this......

A group of Eastern Europeans come visit the west.
A Slovak, a Czech, a Hungarian and a Serb.
They're visiting a national park, when three of them come running into the ranger station.
The Slovak says "Help!"
The Hungarian says "Our friend was killed and eaten!"
The Serb says "By a bear!"
The ranger grabs his gun and the visitors guide him back to the scene of the tragedy.
When they arrive, there's not one, but four bears there. A male, a female and her two cubs.
The ranger, without hesitation, lifts his rifle and shoots the male.
"But how did you know which to shoot?" Asks one of the visitors.
The ranger shrugs and says "The Czech's always in the male".

I can promise you that the next time she tries to ride a banshee, it'll be her very last.

Eep!
Run, Liesa! Run!!!!

Ummm, there are no unicorns in Animal Kingdom. Steppe gave it her best shot. She apologizes but she was rather proud of her clever substitution after a long day of hunting.

Huh. I would've thought you'd find one... especially on the marquee at the front entrance.
A quick Google shows this is not the case... but apparently there's a parking area called Unicorn. But I'm sure you took the bus so no way you could've seen that.

Er.... that sounds bad. She did not shoot any unicorns figuratively or literally. Not with a rifle or with a camera.

No, she really was looking for "VACANCY", and either AK painted over it, or her Alzheimers is far more progressed than she thought. Just like unicorns, "Vacancy" was a fantasy.

Uh oh...

um... shoot. I was gonna say something here, but I forgot.

Viniwaji happens to mean beverages, liquids or refreshments. Perfect for another round of libations on a hot Autumn day! Baridi, by the way, means cold. ;)

No way! And it's right by the Dawa bar?!?!?!? That's... well, I guess that's so Disney.
Amazing attention to detail!

HAHA!!! Just kidding. It's not even REAL even if a waterfall could form up there. This is Pandora's infamous fake waterfall. (Here's a pretty cool video which shows it way better.

What?
I really need to see this video when I get home!

There are no xylophones in AK.

Sure about that?

He may be cute, but he will eat your brain if you get too close. It's a lot like cable network TV.

Come to think of it, it's the best picture ANYONE can get, really. A photo of the actual, real live yeti is almost impossible to get from a moving train!

That'd be a really tough one. I'm not even sure it's possible to get a good one.

Obviously this one is a Disney Yeti as people are literally throwing money at him.

While I laughed at that.... I then wondered if any of that money was from visitors? I've certainly never seen anyone throw money there.

Nice shot!

All suggestions will be selectively faithfully passed along to Steppe.

:laughing: I guess that leaves me out!

Super fun chapter, Liesa! er... Mauvi!

Steppe is away attending to other business at this time Imagineering other attractions for your future enjoyment and has recruited me to entertain and enlighten (we Navi are exceptionally mauvalous at this!)

Wait, we can have guest TR writers? This is a game-changer!

Sorry to spoil any magical notions you might have had about this tree, but the structure underneath is indeed an oil rig. It's just as magical to me when I see what the Imagineers and artists have made it.

I think that makes it cooler. This is what I love about Disney--the "how did they do that?" about it.

Sadly, on this day, Steppe was told they had no eggs to use.

Oh, please. They have giant ostrich eggs as a regular part of the safari tour.

Changes happen at WDW pretty regularly, and as much as we hate to see progress, we all have to take those changes in stride. We can complain and be sad, move on to other vacation destinations, or we can enjoy the new things they offer.

Well said. I find it's useful to at least investigate why the change is being made. Sometimes, it helps.

1) Spots and Stripes
2) Predator and Prey
3) Feathers and Scales
4) Horns and Shells

That sounds familiar. Love those little books!

I love how Disney puts an intentionality to all they do to make a wonderfully cohesive story for us to enjoy.

::yes::

Tentacle-y things that fart ink in your eye. Delicious!

Would still eat this over kale.

:rotfl2: I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Themepark/comments/6fa0c5/fake_waterfalls_in_pandora_see_how_the_forced/ )

Cool! I had no idea. That's fascinating.

But she anticipated that and decided that an eXtraterrestrial for 'X' was good enough.

Hey, your game, your rules.

:rotfl::rotfl2: Me no function TV well without.

I knew this, but it's still quite amazing to consider. I think the Tree of Life is my favourite park icon just for the artistry alone.

And there is simply NO better place to have a nice, quiet libation than the Nomad. If you have time to put up your feet, close your eyes, and just drink in the atmosphere along with your cocktail, then this is the place for you.
Sadly I never did get to Nomad Lounge. I really wanted to since I read good things about it, but it just never worked out.

I did not know this!

Ummm, there are no unicorns in Animal Kingdom.
True. Curious as to why a parking lot is named unicorn, as pkondz pointed out. But I guess it's a holdover from the Beastly Kingdom days.

Time for a trip to the Himalayas for a Meet and Greet with our favorite snow cone maker. Yellow ones are his specialty.
Mmmm...lemon!

My favorite here is a Pisco Sour. It's a lesser known spirit that not very many places have, but I LOVE it. Traditionally, it's made as a flip with shaken egg white to give it a creamy, beautiful texture. Garnished with nutmeg, it's a perfectly refreshing drink to enjoy in AK on a hot day!

I have really enjoyed Pisco Sours! I haven't had them that many times before but the times I have it was really fun and refreshing but with a holiday twist.

Handy dandy lunch pails for those who really want to pack their dainties in style. Or store medical supplies. LOL! For those of you who followed or have read Steppe's last TR, you'll remember that she took a photo of a tiffin being used in a village clinic and didn't even realize it!! Thanks, @pkondz for pointing that out!!!

I remember when I used to visit Singapore as a child my family would always bring food in tiffin carriers. They are seriously the most sturdy lunchboxes out there!

Thanks for sharing your ABCs of the most recent trip! :)

Loved your AK scavenger hunt, and I had no idea about the 4 themed areas. So cool to learn!

The forces that be have decided to nix one of the best hidden secrets of AK.
I am the first to admit I do not like change, although I know why it has to happen at Disney :( I don't mind additions, just don't like most subtractions. I'll also admit we hadn't been out to Rafiki's for years until March, but the boys did like it and I had forgotten how neat it was and didn't plan to stay away so long again! At least it's supposedly just a seasonal closure; well see.....................

I read the update (will come back to comment later. Too tired right now.) and agree that your substitutes are pretty clever. I like them. :)

Thanks! Not every park ended up with a substitution or two, but hmm.... now I forget. I think DHS did too.

:laughing: And I think you got some really good ones. Love the Zebra shot too.

Thanks! Loving my 2 new lenses I had!

Nice of Disney to get him to do that for you. :)

Well, I paid a fair amount for my park ticket, so I do expect the animals to behave accordingly.

All the way through?

Hmmm, okay, maybe not.

Hmmm... Do kids like it? I don't know, tbh. If they do... then by all means keep it. There has to be something for everyone in Disney.

I think maybe little ones aged 2-10 maybe?

Whoops!
But then I wouldn't have to worry about those stupid plastic keys.

Very good point!

An angst filled one.

Yes. Very.

Groovy? I thought you were moovy.

I'm moovy and groovy, Baby.

Wonder what she's cooking up?
Probably a Pandoran version of the Puke Cups.

Or worse.

Muahahaha!

What? Really! Obviously knew it wasn't a real tree, but... Huh! Good use of an existing structure. ::yes::

Very clever indeed!

From the photo, it certainly looks nice.
I tend to be more "non-stop", but... I do like the look of this place.
Might have to force myself to stop for a bit there.

It's so very relaxing, and since AK especially is a slow-down kind of park, this place is perfect for just that.

I envisioned you flipping your hair with an "I don't care" attitude. ;)

That's for when a co-worker who's been sitting at the Nurse's station for an hour without doing anything asks me to change over a bay.

Uh huh, sure.

I'm impressed you found that one.
I don't remember seeing those guys.

They are kinda tucked away on one of the Discovery Island Trails near the ToL.

Really?
I knew they were losing the station... but thought they'd keep the train.
I don't think Walt would approve of that.

I really hope they do. I really, really hope they do.

No. I don't hate that. When Pandora was being built, I couldn't wait to see what it would be like. And they didn't disappoint.
What I don't necessarily like (depends on what) is when they remove a classic and replace it with something... not so great.

I guess that is more what I meant. I don't mind progress, but when they just take stuff out and don't replace it with something else that's just as good or better, it's leaves me... sad.

I did not know that! That's really interesting. I'm going to have to keep an eye open for that when I go back. :)

It's subtle.

You started this......

A group of Eastern Europeans come visit the west.
A Slovak, a Czech, a Hungarian and a Serb.
They're visiting a national park, when three of them come running into the ranger station.
The Slovak says "Help!"
The Hungarian says "Our friend was killed and eaten!"
The Serb says "By a bear!"
The ranger grabs his gun and the visitors guide him back to the scene of the tragedy.
When they arrive, there's not one, but four bears there. A male, a female and her two cubs.
The ranger, without hesitation, lifts his rifle and shoots the male.
"But how did you know which to shoot?" Asks one of the visitors.
The ranger shrugs and says "The Czech's always in the male".

Groan. ;)

Eep!
Run, Liesa! Run!!!!

It's a traaaaaaaaaaaap!

Huh. I would've thought you'd find one... especially on the marquee at the front entrance.
A quick Google shows this is not the case... but apparently there's a parking area called Unicorn. But I'm sure you took the bus so no way you could've seen that.

Well, you certainly got me there! On the other hand, I barely had the foot comfort/strength/energy to make it through the photos and letters I did get, so trekking out to the parking lot woulda been asking a heck of a lot!

No way! And it's right by the Dawa bar?!?!?!? That's... well, I guess that's so Disney.
Amazing attention to detail!

Pretty cool in my book!

What?
I really need to see this video when I get home!

And did you?

Sure about that?

Crap.

With a capitol C.

Fail.

Are you sure that's still there?

That'd be a really tough one. I'm not even sure it's possible to get a good one.

Not unless your train happened to get stuck right there.

While I laughed at that.... I then wondered if any of that money was from visitors? I've certainly never seen anyone throw money there.

I think so. I mean.... money on temples, hairbands on mountains.

:laughing: I guess that leaves me out!

Super fun chapter, Liesa! er... Mauvi!

Mauvi thanks you for reading. Your feedback will be passed along to the proper departments.

Wait, we can have guest TR writers? This is a game-changer!

Well, sure! I"ve had 2 now!

I think that makes it cooler. This is what I love about Disney--the "how did they do that?" about it.

So creative and artistic with some major engineering wins!

Oh, please. They have giant ostrich eggs as a regular part of the safari tour.

Right?!

Well said. I find it's useful to at least investigate why the change is being made. Sometimes, it helps.

Agreed!!

That sounds familiar. Love those little books!

Me too!! I need to re-read them.

Would still eat this over kale.

Poor kale gets such a bad rap.

:rotfl2: I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

:rotfl:

Cool! I had no idea. That's fascinating.

Yep!!! And yet another engineering win!

:rotfl::rotfl2: Me no function TV well without.

I knew this, but it's still quite amazing to consider. I think the Tree of Life is my favourite park icon just for the artistry alone.

Mine too! I could spend quite a while just walking the trails and looking at the "carved" animals.

Sadly I never did get to Nomad Lounge. I really wanted to since I read good things about it, but it just never worked out.

Next time, Jeff! You'll get there.

True. Curious as to why a parking lot is named unicorn, as pkondz pointed out. But I guess it's a holdover from the Beastly Kingdom days.

Yes, it is. And I remembered that was there as soon as he posted it. D'oh!

:headache:

But as I told him, there was no way I was hoofing it out there.

Mmmm...lemon!

:rotfl2:

I have really enjoyed Pisco Sours! I haven't had them that many times before but the times I have it was really fun and refreshing but with a holiday twist.

Not many people have even heard of it. I'm always happy when others know what I'm talking about. :) Yummy, huh?!

I remember when I used to visit Singapore as a child my family would always bring food in tiffin carriers. They are seriously the most sturdy lunchboxes out there!

Thanks for sharing your ABCs of the most recent trip! :)

Oh that's a fun memory for sure!!! You have a bit more of a "connection" to Tiffins that a lot of us!

You're welcome! 3 more parks worth of hunts coming up....

Loved your AK scavenger hunt, and I had no idea about the 4 themed areas. So cool to learn!

Thanks! More scavenger hunts coming your way... at some point. LOL!

I am the first to admit I do not like change, although I know why it has to happen at Disney :( I don't mind additions, just don't like most subtractions. I'll also admit we hadn't been out to Rafiki's for years until March, but the boys did like it and I had forgotten how neat it was and didn't plan to stay away so long again! At least it's supposedly just a seasonal closure; well see.....................

YES!! Additions or IMPROVEMENTS are always welcome. Stitch was neither. Most of Future World was not. I hope that whatever they do with Rafiki's IS.

Doing well my friend. Still in Kentucky. Still going to WDW. Still Asian.

I visit Kentucky on occasion. Maybe I can find you and we can catch up. :)

Thanks! Loving my 2 new lenses I had!

Love new camera gear.

Well, I paid a fair amount for my park ticket, so I do expect the animals to behave accordingly.

This seems not unreasonable.

I think maybe little ones aged 2-10 maybe?

Ah. Probably why it appeals about as much as the circus area at MK.

I'm moovy and groovy, Baby.

Or worse.

Muahahaha!

What could be worse?

It's so very relaxing, and since AK especially is a slow-down kind of park, this place is perfect for just that.

:goodvibes

I can see myself sitting and chilling with a good friend. Just having a nice relaxing time.

That seldom happens at Disney for me. It would be a nice change of pace.

That's for when a co-worker who's been sitting at the Nurse's station for an hour without doing anything asks me to change over a bay.

Uh huh, sure.

uh oh. That doesn't sound so great.

Although it does sound similar to practically every workplace everywhere.

They are kinda tucked away on one of the Discovery Island Trails near the ToL.

Huh.

I guess that is more what I meant. I don't mind progress, but when they just take stuff out and don't replace it with something else that's just as good or better, it's leaves me... sad.

Yeah. New stuff? Cool! Taking out a beloved attraction.... you better put something good back in.

You're welcome.

It's a traaaaaaaaaaaap!

Well, you certainly got me there! On the other hand, I barely had the foot comfort/strength/energy to make it through the photos and letters I did get, so trekking out to the parking lot woulda been asking a heck of a lot!

Oh, no. I didn't expect you to go out there. The hunt was in the park, I believe. I just googled and... there it was.

And did you?

::yes::

Crap.

With a capitol C.

Fail.

Are you sure that's still there?

Nope. Again... just googled.

Not unless your train happened to get stuck right there.

Pretty much.

I think so. I mean.... money on temples, hairbands on mountains.

Good point.

Mauvi thanks you for reading. Your feedback will be passed along to the proper departments.

Yay!

Cool info about the Tree of Life being made from an oil rig! My Mom bought all those imagineering books but I never did read them. Maybe I should one of these days...

Time for a drink! (It almost always is.) And there is simply NO better place to have a nice, quiet libation than the Nomad.

Agreed!

If it weren't for those changes, I'd have never met Steppe, or any of you, and I'd be stuck on Pandora without any of you folks to fund our new world visit us or teach people how to ride banshees.

Anyone hungry? Let's head to Tiffins for a bite to eat and our Letter 'T'.

Ooh good choice!

We Navi tend to prefer the octopus salad as it more closely resembles something we would eat in Pandora. Tentacle-y things that fart ink in your eye. Delicious!

Mmmmm, ink farts must taste delicious because I'm pretty fond of that particular octopus dish.

This is Pandora's infamous fake waterfall. (Here's a pretty cool video which shows it way better.

Huh! I'd never really paid any mind to this before. Interesting!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!