The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

All caught up. Glad you had a great trip (except for maybe the medical incident, which I'm sure will be interesting to read about). Enjoyed the scavenger hunt pictures so far.

Hey Guys... In the middle of a long and quite stressful week. For those of you in the healthcare field, you're probably all too familiar with a "survey".

Yeah, that.

It's like being in Nursing School again but worse because they are looking at the entire facility for... everything. Big stuff like washing our hands before and after patient care to stupid little picky stuff like if a Q-tip is expired. As if...

Anyway, I was up at 4:30 this morning and am pretty wiped... 2 days left....

Then replies and catching up!

Last edited:
In the middle of a long and quite stressful week. For those of you in the healthcare field, you're probably all too familiar with a "survey".
It sounds a bit like an "audit" which is something I've gone through once and look forward to with fear and loathing. In my case it's going over documents and forms that should have been completed and how accurate they all are. Not fun.

Hey Guys... In the middle of a long and quite stressful week. For those of you in the healthcare field, you're probably all too familiar with a "survey".

Yeah, that.

It's like being in Nursing School again but worse because they are looking at the entire facility for... everything. Big stuff like washing our hands before and after patient care to stupid little picky stuff like if a Q-tip is expired. As if...

Anyway, I was up at 4:30 this morning and am pretty wiped... 2 days left....

Then replies and catching up!

CMS? TJC? other?

WAY too familiar. Hurry up and hide those water bottles and coffee cups!! :)

Always good to be in that mindset when visiting.

There's just too much good stuff to just rush through and not appreciate.

:lmao: Might have to steal that term.
\

It's a great word; use it liberally.

:rotfl2: I see your Dad Joke game is strong.

Yes. I keep waiting for an invitation to The "Clubhouse".

I remember reading an interview with an Imagineer on the design of Dinoland, and he talked about the back story and how it was supposed to be the fly-by-night tourist trap that rose up next to a prominent archaeological dig. Someone complained about how tacky it looked and he said, "Do you know how hard we worked to make it look this bad??" :rotfl:

Still, I don't go to Disney to see "tacky". I think that's the problem.

That reminds me of the famous Dolly Parton quote: "You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap!"

Cool, I know where I'm staying on the next trip!

I think you'll be pleased. Disney tries hard to keep the roaches to a minimum.

Is this listed under "wives"?

:lmao:

Oh, good! You had a return engagement!

I try hard to see them every trip. :)

Wonderful pictures, as always. I'm just curious how many lenses you carry? I will preface this by reminding you that I am not a photographer, but I appreciate photography. I just have the standard lens (35-100mm?) that came with my camera. I do have one "zoom" lens (65-200mm?) but I don't carry a large camera bag or take that lens around Disney. If I could call myself a photographer, I should probably know the exact size of my lenses. Your pictures of the animals are much "zoomier" and nicer than mine - particularly the giraffe and warthog (is it actually a warthog? something tells me the safari guide called it a tusked pig or something and perhaps different from a warthog).

Thank, Jeff. :) I seem to choose every time I leave the room depending on where I plan on being and what I want to focus on (no pun intended). For most stuff I carry my new Tamron 18-400. It zooms and is wide enough for most everything. But heavy. But I also recently got a fast lens for dark rides and night shots. I LOVE it! :) So, both sometimes, but usually on the one I have on the camera. Never all 3 that I have.

It does seem zoomier because it is. 400 is pretty long. :) Maybe one of these days I can do another moon shot. That was fun!

Hmmm...? I didn't catch the name of the hairy pig. LOL!

It is. Please do not make the mistake I made one time - and only one time. It was 8 years ago, and I have not been foolish enough to go on Primeval Hurl since. It's Puke Cups on steroids.

I won't! It sounds... heinous!

Ah yes, I remember that. I did not bet against you this time.

A wise move. ;)

Hmmm... I can see that. Rushing to complete the list. I think I can see how that would be.
At least I suspect that's what you might be referring to.

Yes, it was. I think if I'd had 2 days in each park it'd have made it less "rushed". It CAN be done in one, but hurriedly.

I call foul! You either completed your list or you didn't!
"Well, I was supposed to find wasabi, but here's a wombat..."

Well.... you can go with that in addition to your list.

If I said "Did you see it?" referring to a Marvin the Martian in my TR and someone says "Yes! I saw a train!"... that doesn't count ya know.

Then again... it's your scavenger hunt, so you can make the rules anything you want. :)

I get where you're coming from, but remember this game was made with what I thought I remembered in each park, so it was in good faith. And honestly, the ones I came up with for substitutes I thought were perfectly clever and only as a last resort after I did try.

Animals? In Animal Kingdom?

Who would've guessed?

LOL! I like to try to get at least a few good shots of the animals when I'm there, so it made sense.

Nice shot!

Thanks! One of my better ones!

Those are great bird shots! ::yes::

And that one was purely accidental!!! I was sitting there eating my beloved 8 Spoons Mac and Cheese and he just... posed for me. I wish I could darken the background a bit more than I was able to with LR but I LOVE the shape of his (her?) neck.

:laughing:

I feel a sudden urge to avoid the eggrolls at Yak and Yeti.

But they're so good going down!

My back is (oddly enough) fine with Dinosaur... but Prime-evil Hurl is... horrible. Imagine getting T-boned in a bad car accident. Again... and again... and again... and again...

Pass.

Me neither.
I get they put a lot of work into making it look that way, but... it's just not for me.

Nor me. But for kids yeah. Or adults who love the carnival side of the Country Fair. Sure.

Yeah, that'd be tough to fix in post. Too bad you didn't move just a bit to your right when you shot it.

I couldn't. I'd have been standing in the landscaping and while that's okay in Disney Paris, it's not in WDW.

Looking forward to the story.

"one dorky gorilla"... :laughing:

It was entertaining!

So maybe I should cancel my booking at the Ramada Inn, Botswana?

I'd recommend that. Especially since you may show up and find an empty lot.

Did you squirt the riders?

Nope. Needed to keep moving!

Cute shot of you. :)

Thanks!! I love my Tam Tam.

That was very nice of them. While I'm not a worrying type, I would agree sleeping in your car might not be the safest/best thing.

Probably not. But since I threatened it, I did have someone step up to keep me safe.

So, you're saying the TSA guy had a left ankle fetish? That's a bit bizarre...even for a TSA agent. :rotfl:

Whatever floats your boat. LOL!

I just got a brain ache trying to read/figure that out.

Yeah... I gave up. Ran out of time trying.

Only thing that could make it worse is coff...err never mind.

That's me and bananas. Yuck!

Yeah, sometimes those people are just....oh wait, it's a family board. You know the new ride in TSL that has an acronym other than SDD? Yeah, that one!

You just can't fix stupid.

Dang. Never did that. How much does the VIP weather package run? Disney prices, I'm thinking probably $2-$3K?

Oh no!! I can easily hook you up! Just send me your next year's DVC points and I'll have my people contact you. EASY!

Great pictures, but that is nothing unusual.

Awww, thanks, Doc!

Although they don't look as good as the mani and pedi I got.....mmmmmuuuuwwwahhhhaaaa. Sorry, tried to keep a straight face. I crack myself up. Hey, at least one person likes my jokes! Seriously, they look good!

And thanks again! :)

Did you also go with Princess Pink?

After getting the mani and the pedi, I would think you'd do a better job of applying sunscreen. You obviously missed below your knees and I thought you supposed to rub it in for better effectiveness.

Nah, I left a little extra on for the hot Florida sun.

Char-cut-a-what? Funny you mention this. According to what I just looked up last month (had this conversation with my SIL), charcuterie is supposed to be the preserving/curing of meats not necessarily a platter of meats/cheeses. So, what I see is you had a meat/cheese/veggie platter. :laughing:

Yes, you're right, but I guess the meaning has been perverted by we Americans. The French are going to hate us whether we get it right or wrong, so why bother?

Have your people take me to your people. Hmm, just doesn't sound the same.

No, not the same ring.

That does not sound good. At all.

Next trip will be slower. A lot slower. Both because my mom will need to and... I will too.

I love this one the best!

And, as I was telling PKondz, it was purely accidental. I was sitting in the Flame Tree eating area and he flew in and posed there for me.

Beautiful photos, as always!

Thanks, Kelly!

Aww :hug: thank you Liesa :goodvibes

:hug:

So I forget, did you make up A to Z lists for each one of the parks? It appears you have done well for yourself so far and very nice pictures too!

Yes, for every park. :) It was a fun quest!

And thanks, Alison!

Love the "touron"! :lmao:

;)

I'm not sure if you've heard, but I'm moving down there, so next time hopefully will be longer to visit.

I knew and was thinking about you the other day. Did you make that move? How is that going?

Now, I finally know why you kept calling me Idion. Idiot moron. And here I was thinking it was term of endearment in Swahili. Thinking...gets me in trouble every time.

Nah, I'd never. :) I save my "Swahili terms of endearment" for the TSA, folks with the triple wide strollers who make sure to stop in the middle of the walkways to discuss dinner plans, and anyone who leaves their trash on the tables.

All caught up. Glad you had a great trip (except for maybe the medical incident, which I'm sure will be interesting to read about). Enjoyed the scavenger hunt pictures so far.

Hey Glenn! I did for sure. Hard not to have a great trip. Next installment of Scavenger Hunt coming up soon!

Good luck with your survey! Doesn't sound like a whole lotta fun.

It sounds a bit like an "audit" which is something I've gone through once and look forward to with fear and loathing. In my case it's going over documents and forms that should have been completed and how accurate they all are. Not fun.

Thanks, All!! It went well and while the bad news is that we have some things to correct or hone, the good news is that we all still have jobs. They are not fun and everyone's anxiety levels skyrocket for those couple of days. They pour over our policies and make sure they follow industry standards, nitpick the facility, etc...

Q-tips can expire??? Who knew...

I am POSITIVE that mine are expired!

Hang in there!

Believe it or not.....

I found this little write up hilarious as someone else wondered the same thing! LOLOLOL!!!

Why do my q-tips have an expiration date?

I've been wondering about this for awhile. I have this box of q-tips, Touch of Charm is the brand, made in Poland but must be an international company since everything on the label is in English. It sits on my little shelf, under the bathroom mirror, above the sink. There isn't much on the shelf, so this box is what I look at while shaving or brushing my teeth and a couple weeks ago I noticed that it had an expiration date on the side. Apparently, these cotton swabs will no longer be good after September 2009. I'm not worried, mind you, I love cleaning my ears and this box will be empty soon. But I can't help wondering, what happens after 9/09? It's not like these are sterile swabs, there are no active ingredients that could lose potency, I doubt that they become poisonous or dangerous in any way. Yet, somebody, somewhere, felt it was important to print this date on the side.
There's a reason behind it and I'm curious. It's the same curiousity I had upon finding the warranty for a new stainless steel pump at Starbucks once. It said, "Use of this product with sauerkraut invalidates this warranty." Why? What could possibly prompt the inclusion of this statement? Or the warning signs on those cloth towels in restrooms, the kind that you pull down and it rolls back up into the case. Most of them have this picture of someone choking with the towel loop around their neck. Companies don't put warnings on for fun, something, some event inspired it. People just don't use common sense.
These things seem silly. You just can't imagine why they are necessary. But then I think, what if someone had put a label like that on Iraq? "Warning: Invasion may cause death; suffering; sectarian violence; civil war; loss of infrastructure, faith in government; erosion of civil liberties. May also increase jingoistic rhetoric, international tensions and religious fanaticism, regardless of belief." It's like the bit on a coffee cup: everyone knows its hot and you shouldn't spill it on yourself, but there's always one ******* who needs it spelled out.
But I am going to save a q-tip for a couple years, just to see what happens.

Other things like lancets for Glucometers, IV tubing, you name it! The stupid thing is that we would use ALL of those supplies long, LONG before they expired past the point of being any sort of issue whatsoever. It's just... dumb.

I don't consider myself "in the medical field" YET... but really? Are they sterile? That's the only way I can see Q-Tips expiring and it making sense.

Oh, and sorry to hear about the Survey. SUCK! Hate added stress, as if your job isn't stressful enough!

But you ARE close!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Some of ours are sterile, others not. Either way, does it really matter?

But this was definitely my favorite part :rotfl2:

Next update coming up soon!!

CMS? TJC? other?

WAY too familiar. Hurry up and hide those water bottles and coffee cups!! :)

AAAHC (Accreditation Assoc. of Ambulatory Healthcare). We get them every 3 years and I'm so glad this is behind us now for a while!

Yes, pretty sure our kidney stone rate is going to skyrocket now that we've all be dehydrated. :sad2:

She sounds like my Kaitlyn. :)

Teenagers... a whole new world!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter