The ABCs of An EPIC Girls' Trip! May, 2019-Q is for: Quietly Sending this Trip Report off Into an Internet Sunset (8/25)

Here and Congrats on a new grandson. I am sure you will find this trip fun and relaxing. Can't wait to hear all about it. :cool1:

I'm here Liesa, the girls trip sounds fun, how amazing to meet so many of the Dis ladies at once!

I will try to keep up but I always seem to fall so behind. :confused3

Hey All...

Had hoped to give shout outs and replies before this but sorta ended up in San Francisco with the fangirliest fangirl that ever breathed. Brought my youngest here for a KPop concert and some R and R. Been up since 4:00AM two days in a row now and cannot even describe the level of sleepy going on.

If there’s any downtime in the weekend mix I’ll check in. But.... Disney Family Museum here we come!

Uh... I have news... it wasn't here. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Nope, it sure wasn't. Pkondz found it! It was on his thread. ROFL. Did you see it? (And I don't mean Marvin the Martian! )

Oh my!! New production, new costumes! Huzzah! Will you post pix??

If you would like, I sure will. Update though, I am no longer doing Lord Farquaad. I am now doing the dragon. Ugh. LOL She couldn't find a rental for less than $1000. She had the parent of the kid playing Lord Farquaad state they wanted to try to make his costume. I said have at it! Then she told me about the issue with the rental cost on the dragon. I knew right where this was heading before she even asked. I made a deal with her. I told her I would make the dragon, BUT, it would not be a full working life sized puppet. Instead, I will paper mache the head part and make it puppet like with working mouth and eye lids, but the rest of the dragon would be "abstract". It will be just fabric flowing from the kids in purple and black shiny fabrics. The wings will just be on folding arms and again will just be fabric flowing. She was good with that, so that is what we are doing.

OH my goodness!! I am DYING to know how you did now!! Please! I must know!

I did very well. I was able to properly identify all 10 of the organisms following the proper test path and also was able to lay out what the next step was in the process, for example: Report out to physician, or put on Vitek for Sensitivity. I got a 100% on it. :yay::dogdance:

I am happily snowed in today and work was closed so I am finally able to add an intro to this thread.

Hello all! My name is Jenn. I am known on these here boards by a VERY FEW (and that is being generous) by Chrystmasangel. I, like all of you here, am a Disney Addict. I have tried rehab, but it just doesn't work. I get so close to success and scheduling vacation to go somewhere else, and somehow, someway, the airplane always ends up landing in Orlando. I just don't fight it any more.

Here's my lovely family! (I don't have any of just me) This was Christmas 2014 and the last time I was able to make it to my happy place. The PP photographer had me pose as a "star" and my fam are my body guards. LOL I was SOOO cold on this trip. It was getting into the 40's and I was not prepared for it. I was expecting 60's. I had to dress in 2-3 layers every day and do laundry every other day because I was wearing everything I brought. Even with the cold, my kids had to spend time in the pool. They are nuts!
magic kingdom.jpg

A little about myself: I am a mother of 3. My oldest DS will be 25 in 2 days and is not in the above picture, my middle DD is 19, and my youngest DS will be 17 in 2 weeks. I am currently a full time student, but am hoping to be graduating after this semester. My degree is going to be as a Medical Laboratory Technologist with a certification in Phlebotomy. Technically it will be an associates in applied Medical Science. My last day of class will actually be the day before I fly out for this little ditty. I graduate the weekend after I return.

Exact dates I will be at the World: May 3rd-May 6th (still on the fence, this will probably change to May 7th because of flight cos ts and Disney Math)
I am hoping to fly out EARLY (5:00 am early) on the 3rd and am looking at flying home either really late on the 6th (8-9pm ish) but this will be hard on my family and flights are actually $50 more to fly out on Monday versus flying out on Tuesday. My alternate plan is to stay another day and fly out the 7th in the late morning, early afternoon, so my family won't have to be at the airport so late to pick me up.

This trip is only possible for me because of these 3 wonderful ladies allowing me to be a 4th spoke in the wheel, because full time student = very limited funds! I will have to be very careful with budgeting my money and this will be new to me.

This will also be my first solo trip. In truth, I am a bit scared. I have never traveled alone to Disney. My family is a bit salty about it, which makes me feel a bit guilty. I am celebrating my graduation as well as joining in on this amazing Epic Ladies Dis meet!

I will do my best in helping Steppe make this a much less entertaining report. I think I will refer to it from here on out as the pre-trip UNreport

Here and Congrats on a new grandson. I am sure you will find this trip fun and relaxing. Can't wait to hear all about it. :cool1:

Hey Pat!!

Thanks, his due date is a day after m birthday, so we'll see... !!

I think both, yes. I imagine a slower paced schedule and am so happy to show Mom around.

I'm here Liesa, the girls trip sounds fun, how amazing to meet so many of the Dis ladies at once!

I will try to keep up but I always seem to fall so behind. :confused3
Hey Lessa!! :welcome::welcome::welcome:! This is shaping up to be a humdinger of a great time by a whole bunch of amazing women. There's some fantastic events/meals lined up that I can't wait to share about. :banana:

No worries about keeping up. I imagine this P/TR is going to go rather slowly for a bit.

Nope, it sure wasn't. Pkondz found it! It was on his thread. ROFL. Did you see it? (And I don't mean Marvin the Martian! )

I did!! LOL!! See the entertaining nature of this TR is already ramped up. :laughing:

If you would like, I sure will. Update though, I am no longer doing Lord Farquaad. I am now doing the dragon. Ugh. LOL She couldn't find a rental for less than $1000. She had the parent of the kid playing Lord Farquaad state they wanted to try to make his costume. I said have at it! Then she told me about the issue with the rental cost on the dragon. I knew right where this was heading before she even asked. I made a deal with her. I told her I would make the dragon, BUT, it would not be a full working life sized puppet. Instead, I will paper mache the head part and make it puppet like with working mouth and eye lids, but the rest of the dragon would be "abstract". It will be just fabric flowing from the kids in purple and black shiny fabrics. The wings will just be on folding arms and again will just be fabric flowing. She was good with that, so that is what we are doing.

WOW! I didn't know there was so much effort, time, energy, creativity and expense, not to mention a little side of drama to this whole thing. I mean, yes, they are exquisite, but you put in so MUCH to this effort. I cannot WAIT to see the end products!

I did very well. I was able to properly identify all 10 of the organisms following the proper test path and also was able to lay out what the next step was in the process, for example: Report out to physician, or put on Vitek for Sensitivity. I got a 100% on it. :yay::dogdance:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOTY!! You are doing famously! So, SO super proud of you. I'd love to have my organisms and microbeasties ID'd by you any day. I had a friend who was a Lab Tech by training when I lived in Thailand. Her dad used to introduce her as his daughter who "tested people's pee, poop, and blood for a living." I kinda got a kick out of if.

You are rocking it, Girl! 100%! :dancer:

I'm joining in - even though I feel like I've had zero time for the boards lately - work is still the busiest it's been in the eight years I've been there, and as of Friday the girl helping me out will be off for a year for a maternity leave - which means I get to train someone brand new in February while trying to keep up on everything else :scared1: I guess it's a good thing I love my job, because by the time I get home at night I have zero interest in looking at a computer haha.

I can't wait to meet you in May! The time is going by so quickly!

I'm joining in - even though I feel like I've had zero time for the boards lately - work is still the busiest it's been in the eight years I've been there, and as of Friday the girl helping me out will be off for a year for a maternity leave - which means I get to train someone brand new in February while trying to keep up on everything else :scared1: I guess it's a good thing I love my job, because by the time I get home at night I have zero interest in looking at a computer haha.

OH, Sister, how I get that! After a 10 or 11 hour day, I'm completely wiped out. It's all I can do to come home and grab a quick snack/dinner, listen to some music and hit the sack. Only to do it all over again the next day. OY.

We had one RN have a baby too, but she'll only be gone 3 months. Another broke her shoulder and will be out the next month or so. That leaves the rest of us to pick up the slack. Busy, busy! May can't come soon enough!

I can't wait to meet you in May! The time is going by so quickly!

Me too!!!! :) There are so many ladies I've wanted to meet for so long. :goodvibes

B is for: Becoming Friends

Most of you already know that we are a small group within a much bigger group of women (and some men) heading to the Motherland and meeting up for a long weekend of fun. Obviously some of us have met before, even more than once. But most have not. Even in our little group of 4, we have both. You can read all about how this trip came to be and much more about the group's plannings here on this thread:

The Most EPIC Pre-Trip Report

At last count, there are at least 28 going plus a few spouses. The numbers are fuzzy to me, but I need to get on it, as I have a few little gifties to put together. @chunkymonkey ??

But this P/TR will focus more on this smaller group's plans, both individually, if the other girls want to post, AND the things we will be doing together. As Jenn said, this is her first solo adventure without her family, so my guess is she will join in many of the things Mom and I are planning outside of the group events. Perhaps Kari will want to hang out as well, but we still need to touch base... yes?? @Malia78

In a nutshell, our group is arriving at various times on Friday the 3rd just in time to head to the Poly for the official first big gathering dinner at O'hana. From there we'll have 3 days of funtastic times touring the parks at a leisurely pace, eating too much food, and generally getting to know each other better. I can't think of a better place than Disney. Afterall, this is all about friends becoming better friends. :goodvibes

As for myself, I'm flying Alaska for the first time in... maybe forever to Orlando. The BEST part about the Alaska flight is that it leaves at the same ungodly hour as all the SWA flights, but is NON-STOP which puts me into Orlando at 2:55 rather than 5:30. This makes it possible to still take ME AND get to anywhere and have dinner at a decent hour. Normally, it's my tradition to head to DTD first thing and get dinner there, but am super excited to start this trip off with meeting the ladies at O'hana.

It's hard to believe it's already almost February (a short month, mind you), so really only 3 1/2 months left. Which, in some ways, is a very short time and in others so very, very long. I have a lot to do for this trip in terms of preparation, which I'll share as it gets done, but most notably, I need to save some more money for it! EEK, in that regard, time is running short.

This PTR is off to a slow start, to be sure, and almost entirely devoid of photos, but things will pick up as we get closer and stuff actually gets done. I'm pretty set on a touring plan given the schedule for the group stuff, and will be sharing that over the coming weeks. Time is in extremely short supply these days!! Hang in there with me; I promise it won't always be this boring!

Last edited:
Well I finally made it over here! I've been following on the main epic thread and I'm sad that I wont be joining you all, but I don't think Fran would enjoy a large group and finances are slightly tough right now, so a third trip to Orlando is definitely out of the question this year.

I do need to send you a personal email about a meet up for a different part of the year. Hopefully this weekend.

Well I finally made it over here!

YAY!!!! So glad you've joined Alison and :welcome::welcome::welcome:

I've been following on the main epic thread and I'm sad that I wont be joining you all, but I don't think Fran would enjoy a large group and finances are slightly tough right now, so a third trip to Orlando is definitely out of the question this year.

I did see you were over there, and I promise this thread will pick up steam at some point, but for now... things are a bit weird. I can understand how Fran might be less enthusiastic about a big meet. And I, possibly more than anyone of your friends right now, can empathize about tight finances. Things are going to be VERY tough for me for a bit as well. Luckily the majority of my May and Sept trips are already paid for.

I do need to send you a personal email about a meet up for a different part of the year. Hopefully this weekend.

OH!! YAY!!

I was actually thinking about a very quick long weekend trip to visit you guys sometime in the next months. :)

Hi Liesa!! Hope you are well! How was your San Francisco getaway with your sweet pea? I hope you had a wonderful time!

Hi Liesa!! Hope you are well! How was your San Francisco getaway with your sweet pea? I hope you had a wonderful time!

I"m okay. :) Thanks for asking!

It was so fantastic. We saw and did some really neat things including a visit to the Disney Family Museum. I just posted a couple of LONG updates from our visit there. :)

C is for Check-in at Coronado!

After getting up in the middle of the night on May 3rd,(again... I really hate flight times out of PDX.) and hoping there isn't a semi rolled over (again) on the freeway, the plan is to get to MCO around 2:55PM. As I said in the last update, that should (dramatic emphasis on *should*) put us to CSR around 4:15 or before. That is assuming we don't have the luck of a Trump advisor at any given time.

I've done a fair amount of research and it looks like in terms of a short walk to the bus (huge for me) and a relatively short walk to the lobby, the best bet is the Cabanas 8A building. I could be wrong, and pretty often am. Honestly, I'm keenly interested in hearing your experiences with this resort and specifically your location comments. I am using Touring Plans and they have done okay by me in the past. I like the theming of the Ranchos better, so I won't be too disappointed with any location I get, but for now, I'm going to put in a request for the Cabanas.

We have zero plans to use the pool, and I suppose we will probably stay out of the sandbox too. We have no plans to eat any meals at the resort at all either, so none of those features were taken into consideration. What I AM looking forward to is being near AK and the short bus ride there for our EMH morning on Monday, May 6th. I'm also pretty excited about staying at a new-to-me resort too. I have several left on my list to get to, and this is one. In September, I'll knock off one more when I stay at CBR.

Anyway, this also looks like a very nice resort to do some night photography at as well, so am looking forward to that. Here is a sampling of that:

upload_2019-2-3_19-49-2.jpeg

41508_101_z-1-990x556.jpg

Disneys-Coronado-Springs-Resort-4-1024x683.jpg

And there it is. The plan for where we'll lay our heads each night. I know it has a reputation of being "only a convention resort" and "too out of the way", but I'll try anything once. If I don't like it, at least I'll be able to say why.

Anyone stayed there? What are your thoughts or comments? Any hidden gems to look for? Other ideas on best room locations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!