The ABCs of An EPIC Girls' Trip! May, 2019-Q is for: Quietly Sending this Trip Report off Into an Internet Sunset (8/25)

Will try to multiquote later...

I am not a crossover (reader or otherwise)

I think the picture if the wild dog looks good.

I'm going to say you're called a giggle gaggle.

LOL!!! In all seriousness, I thought you were on a few others' threads of gals that went.

Thanks, though wish it was sharper!

I like that one! :laughing:

Hopefully next time I can be your slightly sweaty unkempt sidekick - although your pictures all look fantastic anyways, and nothing wrong with being real and honest, right?

I would love that Donna! After September, I'm not sure when my next trip will be... :) But if the stars align, that would be very nice.

As for honest...? you only accurate, fair and balanced reporting! ;)

I love that one! It's so accurate!

LOL!!! In all seriousness, I thought you were on a few others' threads of gals that went.
I might be on some other threads, but pretty sure I've been keeping track of your TRs longer. So, crossed over there vs. here. I'm not sure who else is doing a TR...as of now, only aware of @chunkymonkey. Will have to double check @Pluto0809 ...she might have one also.

Thanks, though wish it was sharper!
People say they wish I was sharper all the time, so maybe I can relate to the dog.

I like that one! :laughing:
Even a blind squirrel...

W is for: Where the Wild Things Are

Most of you, my dear readers, are crossover readers from the many other TR Writers who comprised the EPIC Ladies' Trip that this was. While that portion was not my entire trip by a long stretch, it did amount to a good, and amazing, portion of it.

I'm not surprised you started with your happy place (AK), but I am a bit surprised not a single picture of Pandora...yet.

As you know, I do not follow a chronological format when I write. I tend to share what I am in the mood to write or edit at the time so it stays interesting to me. I guess in my eyes it keeps a fresh enthusiasm to what goes in here. I do apologize if that makes it seem "out of order" (it is), but I also try hard to add context so it is easier to follow. Sometimes, I add a little author's creative lisence as well. In short, you get what you get. ;) I sincerely hope that the remainder of this TR, in all it's discombobulated glory, serves to entertain, inform, and delight you. And please... do comment. It's what makes writing a TR so very enjoyable!!

Pretty sure it's your TR...you make the rules.
I can read between the lines...please reply except for Tourons like doc! ;)

The entire reason I added 2 days to my already long and EPIC trip was because our group was increcibly blessed with a VIP Tour! Some unamed benefactress gifted 8 glorious hours in which our group would visit all 4 parks in that time frame with 2 guides. The plan was to be able to ride a couple of headliners in each park starting with EPCOT. We did, but that and more about our tour is for a future chapter. Instead, I will start with the 3rd park we went to, and more specifically, one portion of that. When we arrived, we headed straight to Pandora to ride FoP. That was just as wonderful as it always is, and there just seems to be no getting "tired or bored" with a flight on the back of an Ikran. I have zillions of photos of Pandora that I'll share another time, but for now, let's get our hot, sweaty selves into an oversized Jeep.

I still wish I knew who this amazing benefactress was...I have a couple theories, but will not try to find out. Just wish I knew because I'd like to go and I presume a group of 1 is WAY easier than a group of 20ish.

Our group of 20ish had just finished lunch and while others still looked fantastic, I had the usual mascara running all over my face, sweat in all of the usual and most uncomfortable places, and generally looked like a hot mess.

Considering I met you several times, I know this not to be true.
Hot, yes. Mess, no.

What better way than to completely finish the haute couture look than take a bumpy ride in an open air truck? In the most VIP-style we were led to an entrance that afforded us a speedy departure. A few others who were not part of our tour were also on our Jeep and they must have been rolling their eyes at our ridiculous and at times hilarious banter. The Brazilian tour groups had nothing on us!

I've been there with those tour groups and I was there with y'all...those tour groups seem to have a cumulative IQ of about 20, so y'all were leaps and bounds BETTER than them.

I was in a row with Caroline @disneyAndi14 and Kelly @buzzrelly and I got in first sliding all the way over to the far side. That's when Kelly informed us all that she was perfectly happy with the "right" side of the truck because "it was the better side of the truck (okay, Kelly...), and it gave her a great view of.... <wait for it>... the Baobob Tree". Oh my Heavens... I was dying! Let me assure you, there were no small amount of jokes and heckling about Kelly's Baobob Tree. In her honor, I present...

Kelly's Tree:

Good to know that's her tree. I will make sure to tell future safari guides they're calling it by the wrong name.

The Safari itself was as Safari-ish as they come. As they say, they are never the same. I can say, the animals were doing their animal-y thing, there were no lions out (I think they were barely visible to a few), the baby elephant and giraffe were uber cute, and I came off just as expected- like a wind-blown, overheated Adventurer. I can't say much about our driver. He was fine, nothing exceptional or out-of-the-ordinary but informative as they always are, but Jungle Skippers they are not.

Safari-ish and animal-y? The rivoting and exceptional TR prose we're used to.
Well, they have no back side of water to show...they're climbing an uphill battle.

Here are the few photos that turned out from this trip around the jungles and savanah. It seems that for every 30 photos I take, 1 turns out. I present... the keepers:

What she's not telling you dear readers...
She works really hard to get quality pictures for you. I spent a little while with her and she's a perfectionist...taking the same picture multiple times until it meets the @Steppesister seal of approval. Now I know why her pictures are top notch...the conscientiousness and love of the photographer.

The native Florida Egret that is a Safari free-loading imposter only there for the free handouts. Kinda like a typical teenager.

There are a ton of birds (and squirrels) at Disney who are freeloaders. When you have a steady diet of popcorn, fries, chicken nuggets, etc., no need to forage normally.

One giraffe sauntered right up to my side of the truck and if I'd wanted to, I could have reached out and touched it. I didn't but sure did wanna! Now, who's singing a RIGHT side of the truck tune, @buzzrelly ?? ;)

You must've been to amazed to take a picture or too busy resisting the temptation to pet the sweaty things :-)wave: @Pluto0809 )

What is a group of Disney-crazed women called? I'm sure there will be some creative answers from y'all...
Just had an epiphiny...I'd call them friends!

while others still looked fantastic, I had the usual mascara running all over my face, sweat in all of the usual and most uncomfortable places, and generally looked like a hot mess.

This is the story of my summer Disney life. But I'm sure you looked nothing like that to others!

Here are the few photos that turned out from this trip around the jungles and savanah. It seems that for every 30 photos I take, 1 turns out.

The curse of the Kilimanjaro Safari.

A Black or White (but not both because that would be a Rhinzebraceros!)

:rotfl:

A Greater Kudu:

This particular greater kudu also bears a striking resemblance to his friends the bongos!

One giraffe sauntered right up to my side of the truck and if I'd wanted to, I could have reached out and touched it. I didn't but sure did wanna!

Oh my goodness!! :lovestruc:lovestruc

What is a group of Disney-crazed women called? I'm sure there will be some creative answers from y'all...

Certainly NOT Steve, that's for sure!!

Hey Molly! I was pleasantly surprised to see you in the pictures on FB. Nice to see you back on the DIS too :)

Hi Jeff! Thanks so much!! It was such a blast :cutie: And I've always been here, just lurking :) Read along through the entirety of your TR and it was fantastic!!

Molly is a complete delight. I love her to pieces!

Love you more, Liesa!! :hug:

A Black or White (but not both because that would be a Rhinzebraceros!) Rhinoceros:

Are you trying to be a Dad-joke-er?

And that wraps up a spin around the Savanah (with one 'n', @glennbo123 )

No, it's 2 'n's' and no 'h'. But apparently, the dictionary lists 'savannah' as an acceptable alternate spelling, probably because so many people can't get it right. https://www.dictionary.com/browse/savanna But Disney spells it as 'savanna' so that should be good enough for us!

That's when Kelly informed us all that she was perfectly happy with the "right" side of the truck because "it was the better side of the truck (okay, Kelly...), and it gave her a great view of.... <wait for it>... the Baobob Tree". Oh my Heavens... I was dying! Let me assure you, there were no small amount of jokes and heckling about Kelly's Baobob Tree. In her honor, I present...
LOL how did I miss this hilarity!?! Obviously I was sitting one row too close to the driver...

I can't say much about our driver. He was fine, nothing exceptional or out-of-the-ordinary but informative as they always are, but Jungle Skippers they are not.
I will say one thing about him....yaaaaaaaaaaaaawn!!!! We were so giggly as we got onto our safari ride...and so sleepy by the time we stepped off!

Vacation begins when one saunters out the door from the last shift of work.

Except if you don't do shift work, you're not really on vacation until you pull out of the driveway and hit the highway.

When I found out about some incredible magic that was to be granted to our happy little group, I contracted a quite curable case of FOMO. Drastic measures had to be taken as an antidote- the only cure known is to add days to the trip. It's what sensible traveler's to Disney do anyway. So I did.

I can totally understand why you would do that!

I'm one of those weirdos who would rather sit for over an hour with a cup of coffee and my phone, than run to a gate.

Not weird. I do the same thing. Oh wait! Maybe that DOES make you weird! :lmao:

"I'm sorry, I really hope this will be the only time I will have to get up to use the restroom, but no guarantees." <said knowing full well that I will be up at least 3 more times>

I'm so glad that Fran and I just buy the whole row. I mean it sucks on the occasions that we don't get our third ticket money back, but at least she is the only one I have to climb over.

they had 3 each

That's when vacation starts! :laughing:

Also, I did talk to ME a day or so before I left and they did tell me I could have used the tags for Coronado... just to scratch off "Coronado" and write in "XXX Resort" in sharpie. I wish I'd had that conversation with them BEFORE I'd thrown them away.

See that's why it's good I never throw anything away!

As I was waiting for my bag, I received a 2nd shot of pixie dust. My phone lit up with a text from @docsoliday1 saying he was in the area and was offering to pick me up and take me to Kidani!

That was sure nice of him!

I'll be back later to catch up on your next update.

You may not believe in miracles, but I am here to tell you one just happened. I completely caught up on the DIS and my "Watched threads" list is cleared out.

Now, if any of you dares post for the rest of the day... I might have to inflict serious bodily harm on you.

Or worse, revoke your Dole Whip privvies for a year.

Now... off to find something even a little bit entertaining to post...
Yeah, mine is still so long it goes past the first page! Oops!

I was in a row with Caroline @disneyAndi14 and Kelly @buzzrelly and I got in first sliding all the way over to the far side. That's when Kelly informed us all that she was perfectly happy with the "right" side of the truck because "it was the better side of the truck (okay, Kelly...), and it gave her a great view of.... <wait for it>... the Baobob Tree". Oh my Heavens... I was dying! Let me assure you, there were no small amount of jokes and heckling about Kelly's Baobob Tree. In her honor, I present...

Kelly's Tree:

Still hilarious! I will never be able to go by that tree without thinking about @buzzrelly

Were we starving at this point? Because we were all so silly! I've never laughed so much on KS!

Here we are in all of our silliness…
enhance
I think this was right after lunch! Maybe some bits of alcohol was being influenced?

I think a bunch of women in the wild is a cackle :lmao:
I'm ok with that!

You may not believe in miracles, but I am here to tell you one just happened. I completely caught up on the DIS and my "Watched threads" list is cleared out.

And now you feel my pain :)

A few others who were not part of our tour were also on our Jeep and they must have been rolling their eyes at our ridiculous and at times hilarious banter. The Brazilian tour groups had nothing on us!

Aw man, I would have loved to have been in that Jeep!

After a few days of Disney food, I felt bloated, but I had nothing on these guys:

Hahaha! I see what you did there

What is a group of Disney-crazed women called?

Friends.:) Or crazy. Or crazy friends

See? I got this lovely Baobab tree and you got, well, ...everything else over there on the left!
My side was totally the better side, amiright???

Oh for sure, Kelly! For sure! ;)

Were we starving at this point? Because we were all so silly! I've never laughed so much on KS!

Here we are in all of our silliness…
enhance

I think the Safari was after lunch. Wasn't FOP first, then Satuli, then our Safari? Either way, the sillieness factor was milehigh!

And the view from my side…
enhance

Ooooh... aaaaaaaahhhh.....

But I did get my beloved tree :laughing:
enhance

(I kinda love your tree. And will pay tribure each time I see it from henceforth.)

What a fun KS ride it looked like!! I can't imagine how much fun it would be to take over an entire jeep with that epic trip crew!! So much fun! Poor driver though lol

It was a real highlight of the tour for me. Such fun silliness going on. I think our driver just didn't see the EPICness going on all around him.

This was such a silly Safari, we definitely had the Giggles! We had the most mellow driver, I think his other job was a meditation coach :laughing:

It was SO silly! Baobob trees and hot, sweaty DISBabes. I loved it! I think the driver could have really milked this group and had a great story for a long time if he'd played along.

I think a bunch of women in the wild is a cackle :lmao:
upload_2019-5-19_10-18-27-jpg.401593

:lmao: We certainly did our fair share of that!
This is so funny, Sweet cute Molly said she looked naked in this picture:rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao: Molly, you little minx.

Liesa you make me laugh and that more than made up for the boring Safari driver!!
I look like an idiot in this picture:bitelip:

We sure had a load of laughs; I think we all added to the fun. ;)

And no, you're as cute as a button as you always are. :hug:

Waiting for more good stories!

Hopefully soon... lots on my plate this week.

I think this was right after lunch! Maybe some bits of alcohol was being influenced?

Oh, you're right! So it wasn't starvation and I definitely didn't have any alcohol at lunch :P Just having too much fun, I guess! :-)

I think the Safari was after lunch. Wasn't FOP first, then Satuli, then our Safari? Either way, the sillieness factor was milehigh!

You guys are right! I think we were just having too much fun :-)

(I kinda love your tree. And will pay tribure each time I see it from henceforth.)

:hug:

As you know, I do not follow a chronological format when I write. I tend to share what I am in the mood to write or edit at the time so it stays interesting to me. I guess in my eyes it keeps a fresh enthusiasm to what goes in here. I do apologize if that makes it seem "out of order" (it is), but I also try hard to add context so it is easier to follow. Sometimes, I add a little author's creative lisence as well. In short, you get what you get.

Hey, as long as I'm not required to figure out or remember when everything happened, you do you! I'll just assume you did this stuff at some point in your trip.

The entire reason I added 2 days to my already long and EPIC trip was because our group was increcibly blessed with a VIP Tour! Some unamed benefactress gifted 8 glorious hours in which our group would visit all 4 parks in that time frame with 2 guides.

Wow, that's quite the gift! I can see why you made extra time for it.

That's when Kelly informed us all that she was perfectly happy with the "right" side of the truck because "it was the better side of the truck (okay, Kelly...), and it gave her a great view of.... <wait for it>... the Baobob Tree".

Ah, yes. The rest of you totally missed out. Totally.

there were no lions out

I'm shocked. Wait till I'm seated before you spring something like that.

It seems that for every 30 photos I take, 1 turns out.

This is the life of a photographer.

What is a group of Disney-crazed women called?

Usually, they're called Brazilians.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter