The ABCs of An EPIC Girls' Trip! May, 2019-Q is for: Quietly Sending this Trip Report off Into an Internet Sunset (8/25)

Nope...didn't see your flight information.

Simple math and common sense...
You had mentioned you could be to EPCOT at a certain time. Factoring in the typical travel time on property and DME time, I figured you'd already landed or were close to it.

I was driving by the airport exit on my way to Disney figuring I'd do a few things until we could meet up at EPCOT and texted you to see where you were in the process. Turns out timing was darn near perfect.

That actually makes total sense. Timing on things isn't too tough to figure out especially when you travel or go as often as you do. The bottom line is that it was fantastic timing and an even better offer and I was very grateful. Thank you again!

Absolutely! I think that's the whole point behind Dapper Days. Wanna go again??? :)

YES! I loved that day seeing all the lovely costumes and getting some fancy pix!

Oh! Not at all what I thought.

What did you think?

As a nurse... that's a very good analogy you made there.

Why thank you. Once in a while...

Try driving through southern Florida... More on that later.

UGH, this sounds... yucky.

Can we see you wearing this outfit? Just for comparison purposes of course.

I don't suppose I could get away with this for either Dapper Day OR MNSSHP.

I beg to differ. :snooty:

Differ on....

I'm frequently in the same boat.

plane...

whatever.

Does your plane have skids?

It's a priority. I've flown too often not to have movies downloaded (unless I feel like watching the onboard entertainment) and headset or earbuds handy.

I should try harder to figure this out....

I would never have thought of that.
I'd be... "Oh. Some people are coming to town... I don't even remember which ones, let alone dates or times."

I"m like that most days.

YES! I loved that day seeing all the lovely costumes and getting some fancy pix!

::yes::
We should try again, maybe next year. :)
That was a fun day.

What did you think?

Nothing really, thought "Feeling Out... not out of sorts... um... "
Far as I got.

UGH, this sounds... yucky.

You have no idea.

I don't suppose I could get away with this for either Dapper Day OR MNSSHP.

Sure you could! I'm sure it's encouraged.

Does your plane have skids?

um...

Oh thanks! And I am VERY LONG overdue in responding to your past TR about your trip to Sierra Leone. I was the one who commented that I work for a humanitarian org and had also traveled there. Then I was very bad because I had typed a long response and then lost it, and then never followed up. So better late than never, and in the wrong trip report, a quick note to say that I read the whole thing, and was fascinated by your whole experience and your honesty in describing not only the good parts but also the challenging parts. And very moved by the generosity of your spirit and the impact you made. These trips bring up so many feelings, some amazing, and some that are sometimes hard to process. My trip there was ten years ago and reading about yours brought back a lot of memories, thanks for sharing it! Hope you don't mind that I posted this here instead of in your other report. :offtopic:

I am so glad you reminded me of this! I do remember someone had been and started a dialogue and it's great you posted this. It sure brought up a lot of memories for me! That feels like a lifetime ago. Whether it's here or on the old thread makes no difference at all. :):goodvibes

I'm glad you enjoyed reliving your own memories and also seeing it from another perspective. Maybe someday I will return, but I have a few other international destinations on my list before that will happen.

Extra days on a Disney trip....AND free rides to the hotel and park...what a great start!! I enjoyed following along somewhat on FB but looking forward to reading more of the details!!

It was certainly a fantastic start and more than I could have imagined, but ... the best is yet to come. By a long shot. ;)

You may not believe in miracles, but I am here to tell you one just happened. I completely caught up on the DIS and my "Watched threads" list is cleared out.

Now, if any of you dares post for the rest of the day... I might have to inflict serious bodily harm on you.

Or worse, revoke your Dole Whip privvies for a year.

Now... off to find something even a little bit entertaining to post...

That actually makes total sense. Timing on things isn't too tough to figure out especially when you travel or go as often as you do. The bottom line is that it was fantastic timing and an even better offer and I was very grateful. Thank you again!
You're most welcome again.
It's what old friends do.

You may not believe in miracles, but I am here to tell you one just happened. I completely caught up on the DIS and my "Watched threads" list is cleared out.

Now, if any of you dares post for the rest of the day... I might have to inflict serious bodily harm on you.

Now... off to find something even a little bit entertaining to post...
Ummm...I'm a bit bigger than you are...not worried about bodily harm.
Oh wait, I don't hit women...dag nabbit. Gulp.

As for revoking dole whip privs, that must be done in person at Aloha Aisle, so come on back and try! :lmao:

Last edited:
Ummm...I'm a bit bigger than you are...not worried about bodily harm.
Oh wait, I don't hit women...dag nabbit. Gulp.

As for revoking dole whip privs, that must be done in person at Aloha Aisle, so come on back and try! :lmao:

Well then that's problematic!! I have no recourse!!

Anyway, trying hard to decide which "thing" to start with! I just don't know!

W is for: Where the Wild Things Are

Most of you, my dear readers, are crossover readers from the many other TR Writers who comprised the EPIC Ladies' Trip that this was. While that portion was not my entire trip by a long stretch, it did amount to a good, and amazing, portion of it.

As you know, I do not follow a chronological format when I write. I tend to share what I am in the mood to write or edit at the time so it stays interesting to me. I guess in my eyes it keeps a fresh enthusiasm to what goes in here. I do apologize if that makes it seem "out of order" (it is), but I also try hard to add context so it is easier to follow. Sometimes, I add a little author's creative lisence as well. In short, you get what you get. ;) I sincerely hope that the remainder of this TR, in all it's discombobulated glory, serves to entertain, inform, and delight you. And please... do comment. It's what makes writing a TR so very enjoyable!!

So, returning to the opening comment about this being partially a HUGE group trip, I'll try to make it clear with prose of when and what context the chapter took place- solo vs. group. :) Now, sit back, mix yourself a Pisco Sour and enjoy...

Where the Wild Things Are...

The entire reason I added 2 days to my already long and EPIC trip was because our group was increcibly blessed with a VIP Tour! Some unamed benefactress gifted 8 glorious hours in which our group would visit all 4 parks in that time frame with 2 guides. The plan was to be able to ride a couple of headliners in each park starting with EPCOT. We did, but that and more about our tour is for a future chapter. Instead, I will start with the 3rd park we went to, and more specifically, one portion of that. When we arrived, we headed straight to Pandora to ride FoP. That was just as wonderful as it always is, and there just seems to be no getting "tired or bored" with a flight on the back of an Ikran. I have zillions of photos of Pandora that I'll share another time, but for now, let's get our hot, sweaty selves into an oversized Jeep.

Our group of 20ish had just finished lunch and while others still looked fantastic, I had the usual mascara running all over my face, sweat in all of the usual and most uncomfortable places, and generally looked like a hot mess. What better way than to completely finish the haute couture look than take a bumpy ride in an open air truck? In the most VIP-style we were led to an entrance that afforded us a speedy departure. A few others who were not part of our tour were also on our Jeep and they must have been rolling their eyes at our ridiculous and at times hilarious banter. The Brazilian tour groups had nothing on us!

I was in a row with Caroline @disneyAndi14 and Kelly @buzzrelly and I got in first sliding all the way over to the far side. That's when Kelly informed us all that she was perfectly happy with the "right" side of the truck because "it was the better side of the truck (okay, Kelly...), and it gave her a great view of.... <wait for it>... the Baobob Tree". Oh my Heavens... I was dying! Let me assure you, there were no small amount of jokes and heckling about Kelly's Baobob Tree. In her honor, I present...

Kelly's Tree:

The Safari itself was as Safari-ish as they come. As they say, they are never the same. I can say, the animals were doing their animal-y thing, there were no lions out (I think they were barely visible to a few), the baby elephant and giraffe were uber cute, and I came off just as expected- like a wind-blown, overheated Adventurer. I can't say much about our driver. He was fine, nothing exceptional or out-of-the-ordinary but informative as they always are, but Jungle Skippers they are not.

Here are the few photos that turned out from this trip around the jungles and savanah. It seems that for every 30 photos I take, 1 turns out. I present... the keepers:

The Saddle-billed Stork:

A Black or White (but not both because that would be a Rhinzebraceros!) Rhinoceros:

Another rhino:

A Greater Kudu:

Shofana, the Pink-backed Pelican, and his buddies were taking the day off of their Tour Guide Business to loiter around the old watering hole. Too bad; he'd have been a MUCH better tour guide! (Obscure reference from an old TR)

The native Florida Egret that is a Safari free-loading imposter only there for the free handouts. Kinda like a typical teenager.

After a few days of Disney food, I felt bloated, but I had nothing on these guys:

The one who needed to go find a private place to unbloat:

A very blurry photo of a cool African Wild Dog:

Some nicer shots (my personal faves from the non-Baobob, so clearly lesser, side of the truck) of the Masai Giraffes:

One giraffe sauntered right up to my side of the truck and if I'd wanted to, I could have reached out and touched it. I didn't but sure did wanna! Now, who's singing a RIGHT side of the truck tune, @buzzrelly ?? ;)

The African Bush Elephant:

The Greater Flamingo (from the greater side of the truck):

And lastly, a crappy photo of the Cheetah:

And that wraps up a spin around the Savanah (with one 'n', @glennbo123 ) It was made a million times more fun with a group of giggly, excited women (and some guys) and, to steal a line from the Safari: What is a group of Disney-crazed women called? I'm sure there will be some creative answers from y'all...

Perhaps it was a good day?

Well, maybe your plane DID have skids.

Past tense...

Woot!

:scared:

:eek: Good Lord!!!

I was in a row with Caroline @disneyAndi14 and Kelly @buzzrelly and I got in first sliding all the way over to the far side. That's when Kelly informed us all that she was perfectly happy with the "right" side of the truck because "it was the better side of the truck (okay, Kelly...), and it gave her a great view of.... <wait for it>... the Baobob Tree". Oh my Heavens... I was dying! Let me assure you, there were no small amount of jokes and heckling about Kelly's Baobob Tree. In her honor, I present...

Kelly's Tree:

See? I got this lovely Baobab tree and you got, well, ...everything else over there on the left!
My side was totally the better side, amiright???

:rotfl:

Were we starving at this point? Because we were all so silly! I've never laughed so much on KS!

Here we are in all of our silliness…
enhance

And the view from my side…
enhance

But I did get my beloved tree :laughing:
enhance

W is for: Where the Wild Things Are

Most of you, my dear readers, are crossover readers from the many other TR Writers who comprised the EPIC Ladies' Trip that this was. While that portion was not my entire trip by a long stretch, it did amount to a good, and amazing, portion of it.

As you know, I do not follow a chronological format when I write. I tend to share what I am in the mood to write or edit at the time so it stays interesting to me. I guess in my eyes it keeps a fresh enthusiasm to what goes in here. I do apologize if that makes it seem "out of order" (it is), but I also try hard to add context so it is easier to follow. Sometimes, I add a little author's creative lisence as well. In short, you get what you get. ;) I sincerely hope that the remainder of this TR, in all it's discombobulated glory, serves to entertain, inform, and delight you. And please... do comment. It's what makes writing a TR so very enjoyable!!

So, returning to the opening comment about this being partially a HUGE group trip, I'll try to make it clear with prose of when and what context the chapter took place- solo vs. group. :) Now, sit back, mix yourself a Pisco Sour and enjoy...

Where the Wild Things Are...

The entire reason I added 2 days to my already long and EPIC trip was because our group was increcibly blessed with a VIP Tour! Some unamed benefactress gifted 8 glorious hours in which our group would visit all 4 parks in that time frame with 2 guides. The plan was to be able to ride a couple of headliners in each park starting with EPCOT. We did, but that and more about our tour is for a future chapter. Instead, I will start with the 3rd park we went to, and more specifically, one portion of that. When we arrived, we headed straight to Pandora to ride FoP. That was just as wonderful as it always is, and there just seems to be no getting "tired or bored" with a flight on the back of an Ikran. I have zillions of photos of Pandora that I'll share another time, but for now, let's get our hot, sweaty selves into an oversized Jeep.

Our group of 20ish had just finished lunch and while others still looked fantastic, I had the usual mascara running all over my face, sweat in all of the usual and most uncomfortable places, and generally looked like a hot mess. What better way than to completely finish the haute couture look than take a bumpy ride in an open air truck? In the most VIP-style we were led to an entrance that afforded us a speedy departure. A few others who were not part of our tour were also on our Jeep and they must have been rolling their eyes at our ridiculous and at times hilarious banter. The Brazilian tour groups had nothing on us!

Kelly's Tree:

The Safari itself was as Safari-ish as they come. As they say, they are never the same. I can say, the animals were doing their animal-y thing, there were no lions out (I think they were barely visible to a few), the baby elephant and giraffe were uber cute, and I came off just as expected- like a wind-blown, overheated Adventurer. I can't say much about our driver. He was fine, nothing exceptional or out-of-the-ordinary but informative as they always are, but Jungle Skippers they are not.

Here are the few photos that turned out from this trip around the jungles and savanah. It seems that for every 30 photos I take, 1 turns out. I present... the keepers:

The Saddle-billed Stork:

A Black or White (but not both because that would be a Rhinzebraceros!) Rhinoceros:

Another rhino:

A Greater Kudu:

Shofana, the Pink-backed Pelican, and his buddies were taking the day off of their Tour Guide Business to loiter around the old watering hole. Too bad; he'd have been a MUCH better tour guide! (Obscure reference from an old TR)

The native Florida Egret that is a Safari free-loading imposter only there for the free handouts. Kinda like a typical teenager.

After a few days of Disney food, I felt bloated, but I had nothing on these guys:

A very blurry photo of a cool African Wild Dog:

Some nicer shots (my personal faves from the non-Baobob, so clearly lesser, side of the truck) of the Masai Giraffes:

One giraffe sauntered right up to my side of the truck and if I'd wanted to, I could have reached out and touched it. I didn't but sure did wanna! Now, who's singing a RIGHT side of the truck tune, @buzzrelly ?? ;)

And that wraps up a spin around the Savanah (with one 'n', @glennbo123 ) It was made a million times more fun with a group of giggly, excited women (and some guys) and, to steal a line from the Safari: What is a group of Disney-crazed women called? I'm sure there will be some creative answers from y'all...
Will try to multiquote later...

I am not a crossover (reader or otherwise)

I think the picture if the wild dog looks good.

I'm going to say you're called a giggle gaggle.

What a fun KS ride it looked like!! I can't imagine how much fun it would be to take over an entire jeep with that epic trip crew!! So much fun! Poor driver though lol

I sincerely hope that the remainder of this TR, in all it's discombobulated glory, serves to entertain, inform, and delight you.
I am quite sure it will as your writing always does!

When we arrived, we headed straight to Pandora to ride FoP. That was just as wonderful as it always is, and there just seems to be no getting "tired or bored" with a flight on the back of an Ikran.
FoP is always magical. :)

A few others who were not part of our tour were also on our Jeep and they must have been rolling their eyes at our ridiculous and at times hilarious banter. The Brazilian tour groups had nothing on us!
I can only imagine!

This would be so much fun!

Love the pictures!

What is a group of Disney-crazed women called? I'm sure there will be some creative answers from y'all...
Disbabes!

This was such a silly Safari, we definitely had the Giggles! We had the most mellow driver, I think his other job was a meditation coach :laughing:

I think a bunch of women in the wild is a cackle :lmao:
upload_2019-5-19_10-18-27.jpg

This is so funny, Sweet cute Molly said she looked naked in this picture:rotfl:
Liesa you make me laugh and that more than made up for the boring Safari driver!!
I look like an idiot in this picture:bitelip:
Waiting for more good stories!

As you know, I do not follow a chronological format when I write.

I do apologize if that makes it seem "out of order" (it is), but I also try hard to add context so it is easier to follow.

Please don't apologize.
I think your writing style is unique to TRs... and that's a very good thing!

Sometimes, I add a little author's creative lisence as well.

What??????

I never do that! :snooty:

:rolleyes:

I sincerely hope that the remainder of this TR, in all it's discombobulated glory, serves to entertain, inform, and delight you.

I'm absolutely certain it will! It already is!

And please... do comment.

I tend not to.
Very hard to get a comment out of me.
I'm very circumspect.

our group was increcibly blessed with a VIP Tour!

Niiice!

our group would visit all 4 parks in that time frame with 2 guides

Holy smokes! Better even than I thought!

Our group of 20ish had just finished lunch and while others still looked fantastic, I had the usual mascara running all over my face

Ha! Kelly's (or Caroline's) photo proves that to not be the case. You looked (as did you all) very nice. :)

and generally looked like a hot mess.

Again... not at all.

What better way than to completely finish the haute couture look than take a bumpy ride in an open air truck?

People pay big money to stylists for that, you know.

A few others who were not part of our tour were also on our Jeep and they must have been rolling their eyes at our ridiculous and at times hilarious banter. The Brazilian tour groups had nothing on us!

:laughing:
"OMG, Dolores. Who are these people???"

"it was the better side of the truck (okay, Kelly...), and it gave her a great view of.... <wait for it>... the Baobob Tree".

:lmao:

Kelly's Tree:

oooohhhh.... ahhhhh....

The Safari itself was as Safari-ish as they come.

Higher praise I cannot imagine.

I came off just as expected- like a wind-blown, overheated Adventurer.

very Safari-ish.

He was fine, nothing exceptional or out-of-the-ordinary but informative as they always are, but Jungle Skippers they are not.

Nope.
My favourite is when you get this:
"And to the left is the spotted lemur... but they're not out today. Over to the right are the hippos... but you can't see them... Now over here up ahead are the lions... but they're hidden behind the rocks..."

Another rhino:

Isn't that the same one, but from another angle?

A Greater Kudu:

Yeah, look at him with his nose in the air.
"I'm a greater Kudu. Not like those lesser Kudus over there."

:laughing: The voice of parental experience.

:lmao:

Good shot, though!

my personal faves from the non-Baobob, so clearly lesser, side of the truck

Nice shots from the bad side.

One giraffe sauntered right up to my side of the truck and if I'd wanted to, I could have reached out and touched it.

No way!

Now, who's singing a RIGHT side of the truck tune, @buzzrelly ?? ;)

:rotfl:

You know how you can tell it's an African elephant?

"We're so great. Look at us prancing on one leg."

Of course it's crappy. They're so fast. Hard to catch them.

What is a group of Disney-crazed women called? I'm sure there will be some creative answers from y'all...

Wouldn't it be an epic-ness?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter