The ABCs of An EPIC Girls' Trip! May, 2019-Q is for: Quietly Sending this Trip Report off Into an Internet Sunset (8/25)

Glad you had a great vacation and hope you enjoy your next journeys. I don't comment but I do read along on them all and can't wait for the next ones. Have no fear but I will be there to read along.
You do make me laugh.

Glad you had a great vacation and hope you enjoy your next journeys. I don't comment but I do read along on them all and can't wait for the next ones. Have no fear but I will be there to read along.
You do make me laugh.

Aw, thank you very much! I love to know that there are readers out there who are enjoying the prose. :)

Thanks for another great report.
Interesting you mention Flower and Garden may be your favourite. I think it’s mine. I’m not really much of a foodie and DW and my girls definitely aren’t, hence I barely stopped to try anything at F&W. So I probably didn’t get as much out of F&W as I should. Having said that, I really enjoyed seeing the flower displays and topiaries at F&G.

Catching up on the last few updates after arriving home last night. With no wifi at the cottage, I am behind on everything. I did, however, read 12 books over the course of three weeks!

Gettting to see Baby Grace the 2-day old gorilla was amazing! Such a beautiful testament to the successes AK has in playing a part in animal conservation.
I am with you on how well AK is doing with their leadership role in animal conservation.
Flower and Garden was AMAZING!! I’m not entirely sure that I can’t say that it isn’t my new favorite Festival now. So, so pretty and the food offerings are equal to, and in some ways better than, F&W. It’s EPCOT at it’s absolute finest!
Agreed! Flower and Garden is my ultimate favourite.......so, so lovely!

Thanks for another fun and witty trip report......I am heading over to the new thread to get caught up there. :)

P is for parade. Polite, playful, and “Pardon me” also all begin with ‘P’, however none of those quite accurately describes the EMH mob scene that AK was that morning. Pandemonium, pushing, and packed would more closely describe the situation that ensued.

Yuck. Maybe the only downside of rope drop.

I learned Lesson #1: Skip the coffee when doing an EMH. My prize possession of First in Line was squandered whilst emptying the percolated java. When I got back, I lined up again, this time 4 or so back.

Next time, Depends. Got it.

I’m a rule follower (except that one time in the Canada Pavilion when I got chastised for going under the rope because no one was there) and you’re not supposed to.

And that'll make you a rule follower forever!

But I did fast walk/jog. Everyone else was running. Which kinda peeved me out.

I hate people sometimes.

Seriously, while I started about 10 people back, everyone who’d raced ahead of me thought they had license to invite every single one of their 10 other family members to join them ahead with them. Had I not been alone, I’d have probably stood my ground and called them out. My blood was boiling. You have to go as slow as your slowest party member. Sorry.

Seriously. It's not my fault the rest of your family is slow. You can wait for them, not me.

See the girl on her phone?? "Hey, family, come on up! There's loads of room for you and literally no one on earth matters but you!"

Where's my taser when you need it?

What I did not get at all was the Avatar Tank. Oddly, photos don’t turn out very well if you’re moving and it’s dim. Huh.

Go figure!

I never saw the standby line, so I missed that part completely. Maybe in 10 years I'll see it.

All those 50-100 people who pushed, ran, elbowed, or rudely cut in front of me got directed to their ride system/line/entrance/whatever it is and, as I stepped up to the CM who did the final sorting, stopped me. He said point blank, "You’re lucky, we’re opening up the next room now and you’re first in!"

Ha! Take that, suckers!

Very nice!

If you have followed along and enjoyed this TR, I'd REALLY appreciate it if you could give me one last soundoff. If you didn't and have some constructive feedback, I'd love to hear that too. :)

Way too many dangling participles, and ending sentences with prepositions is something up with which I will not put.

Ok, I admit it--I don't know what a dangling participle is. But it sounded intelligent, right? I always love reading about your adventures.

The heat and humidity for a May in Florida was unreal!

That's no joke!

Another highlight that stood out: The INCREDIBLE upgrade to the Grand from the Coronado. Someday, I will stay there to complete my quest of staying at all the resorts, but I’ll take an upgrade like that any day!

Absolutely! No one in their right mind could ever turn that down.

Absolutely love that shot. So gorgeous.

See ya in the next TR!

Great TR!! I can only imagine how much of a bummer it was to lose those 2.5 days of photos. That's one of my biggest fears of a trip since my memory sucks and I rely on them completely!!

But I can't wait to read about your next adventure!

We had our fair share of drama, definite highlights, some mystery, amazing food, and best of all the beginnings and continuations of some amazing new friendships.
I was really glad to finally meet you.

If you have followed along and enjoyed this TR, I'd REALLY appreciate it if you could give me one last soundoff.
soundoff

After her initial rough start right out of the gate, Mom did recover enough to trudge on with a few minor setbacks, but nothing too earth-shattering.
Glad to hear that too. She seemed fine at O'Hana, but that walk to Beachclub from EPCOT, I was REALLY concerned about her. I wish y'all would have let me just meet you at the front of the park, but glad she made it.

I think she enjoyed the trip overall, but the heat and excitement were a lot.
Heat probably more.

Heck, the weather was a lot for ME! The heat and humidity for a May in Florida was unreal!
This May was exceptionally hotter than normal.

The VIP Tour was incredible and such a generous gift given to our group.
Ya think????

but most of my readers are on the many other EPIC Group’s TRs and you can read those at your leisure, if you haven’t already.
I've read some, but hard to try to keep up with them all, which stinks, because I like to see the different views or highlights from different people.

The best meal of the trip for me was Mr. Paul. I’d definitely return there again someday!
I think this is on my to do list, but not chomping at the bit...yet.

The Boathouse was another meal that exceeded my expectations in such a phenomenal way. That’s on the Repeat List as well! MMM!
We had some friends who went there and didn't like it at all. I guess having that fantastic server helped a lot and I reckon it might depend on what you order.

I’ll take an upgrade like that any day! It is still a mystery on how the Bell Guy knew I’d worked at Disney!
I have a sneaky feelling your pixie dust friend might have had a hand in the upgrade as well and possibly passed that information along.

Gettting to see Baby Grace the 2-day old gorilla was amazing! Such a beautiful testament to the successes AK has in playing a part in animal conservation.
That was cool and great picture!!

Losing all my phone photos, a whopping 2 ½ days’ worth (which is a LOT on such a short trip!) sucked.
Yeah, I think sucked would be apropos.

I loved spending my birthday week in my Happiest Place getting to celebrate in lots of fun-filled, friend-filled, celebration-filled ways; with song and dance, food and family.
I think it's a great place to spend a birthday. Oh, who am I kidding, it's a great place many times. My only real complaint is the excessive cost and greed. While I love many aspects of Disney, the cost is getting out of hand.

Way too many dangling participles, and ending sentences with prepositions is something up with which I will not put.
Sound like Yoda, you do.

Ok, I admit it--I don't know what a dangling participle is. But it sounded intelligent, right?
Nope.

You speak truth.

Agreed!!

Thanks for another great report.
Interesting you mention Flower and Garden may be your favourite. I think it’s mine. I’m not really much of a foodie and DW and my girls definitely aren’t, hence I barely stopped to try anything at F&W. So I probably didn’t get as much out of F&W as I should. Having said that, I really enjoyed seeing the flower displays and topiaries at F&G.
You're welcome, Jeff! And yes, I love that F&G added the food kiosks because now it's the best of both worlds- it's like a Fesitval Two-fer!

Catching up on the last few updates after arriving home last night. With no wifi at the cottage, I am behind on everything. I did, however, read 12 books over the course of three weeks!

I've been following your journeys on FB and it looked like a wonderfully relaxing time away. You definitely know how to accomplish the "unplug"!

I am with you on how well AK is doing with their leadership role in animal conservation.

I honestly have no idea how much $$ actually goes directly to the reserves and breeding and habitat preservation efforts, but any is better than none.

Agreed! Flower and Garden is my ultimate favourite.......so, so lovely!

I think for those of us attracted to slowing down and pausing to smell the roses, (purposeful use of idiom intended) it's perfect. I love how beautiful it is and it's so photogenic!

Thanks for another fun and witty trip report......I am heading over to the new thread to get caught up there. :)

You're very welcome! :) I enjoy the writing and interactions with all of my friends here!

Yuck. Maybe the only downside of rope drop.

Luckily, it's brief and the reward of frontloading the day is worth it. Assuming you are not maimed in doing so.

Next time, Depends. Got it.

LOL!

And that'll make you a rule follower forever!

Kinda.

Where's my taser when you need it?

That might be counter-productive.

Go figure!

I never saw the standby line, so I missed that part completely. Maybe in 10 years I'll see it.

This was my first time through and I was herded along so fast, I hardly even saw it.

Ok, I admit it--I don't know what a dangling participle is. But it sounded intelligent, right? I always love reading about your adventures.

You actually made one. LOL!

Sitting on the park bench, the sun sank behind the clouds.

I geeked out and had to look it up.

https://www.english-grammar-revolution.com/dangling-participle.html

And yet.... I wonder....

If offered again, I may actually turn it down. I really do want to stay at Coronado. ;)

It was one of my favorites from the whole trip. I did get another shot like it WITH a monorail, but for composition, lighting and overall effect, I actually like this one better.

See ya in the next TR!
YAY!!!

Great TR!! I can only imagine how much of a bummer it was to lose those 2.5 days of photos. That's one of my biggest fears of a trip since my memory sucks and I rely on them completely!!

But I can't wait to read about your next adventure!
IT was so sad. :( I did go back and tried to re-create what I thought I'd missed, but it ended up being a lot. :(

See you there!

I was really glad to finally meet you.

Likewise!! :hug:

Glad to hear that too. She seemed fine at O'Hana, but that walk to Beachclub from EPCOT, I was REALLY concerned about her. I wish y'all would have let me just meet you at the front of the park, but glad she made it.

In the end, it all worked out. The reason I didn't want to go back, again, to the front of the park was mostly a selfish move on my part. I'd literally trotted to the park not long before and it's a hell of a long way. And it was hot. Going to the Beach Club was the path or least resistance. Maybe not, but at that time it felt like it.

Heat probably more.

I'd agree.

Ya think????

I do, I do!!

I've read some, but hard to try to keep up with them all, which stinks, because I like to see the different views or highlights from different people.

I know this feeling! I get behind far too often these days on the ones I'm on. :( While I don't skim, I also can't comment as much as I'd like to!

We had some friends who went there and didn't like it at all. I guess having that fantastic server helped a lot and I reckon it might depend on what you order.

I'm sure you're right! If you're left wondering where your server is and get a sub-par meal, the whole experience is shot.

I have a sneaky feelling your pixie dust friend might have had a hand in the upgrade as well and possibly passed that information along.

It's possible, but I think a VERY, VERY slim one.

That was cool and great picture!!

Thanks!

I think it's a great place to spend a birthday. Oh, who am I kidding, it's a great place many times. My only real complaint is the excessive cost and greed. While I love many aspects of Disney, the cost is getting out of hand.

Yes, it's getting that way and hence, some possible changes.

Yay! Thanks for reposting the link to your PTR, I kind of lost it after I clicked on it. I'll be over there next.

If you have followed along and enjoyed this TR, I'd REALLY appreciate it if you could give me one last soundoff. If you didn't and have some constructive feedback, I'd love to hear that too. :)

Not that I didn't enjoy it, but I always find your TRs confusing due to the alphabetic jumping around. Maybe you could include a timeline at the end of your updates, something like this. And as you fill in the letters and days people like me (who sit around trying to figure out where these things are fitting into your trip, seriously I do and get totally confused) would have some sort of cohesion cause I'm very chronological and I spend a lot of time trying to figure out which day you're on in your trip! :laughing:

DAY 1
-----------------------
| Z - zoinks I'm on my way
|
| A - At the parks At last
|
Day 2
------------------------
|
|
| B - bounding in style
|
etc

The Boathouse was another meal that exceeded my expectations in such a phenomenal way. That’s on the Repeat List as well! MMM!

And you never posted a picture of what meat you got. I was seriously waiting for that! :laughing:

OK on my way to the PTR. :car:

Yay! Thanks for reposting the link to your PTR, I kind of lost it after I clicked on it. I'll be over there next.

YOu're welcome!!! See you there...

Not that I didn't enjoy it, but I always find your TRs confusing due to the alphabetic jumping around. Maybe you could include a timeline at the end of your updates, something like this. And as you fill in the letters and days people like me (who sit around trying to figure out where these things are fitting into your trip, seriously I do and get totally confused) would have some sort of cohesion cause I'm very chronological and I spend a lot of time trying to figure out which day you're on in your trip! :laughing:

I will try harder to try and reference where things are as I talk about them. Like Day 5 AM or something like that. :)

And you never posted a picture of what meat you got. I was seriously waiting for that! :laughing:

I never took a picture of it! :( I got fish for my main, but added a small piece of filet that was maybe 4 oz?? It was tasty, but sadly, I fell down on the job and forgot to photograph it.

OK on my way to the PTR. :car:
Vroom, vroom!!

Hey Guys.... this work week is kicking my hiney. Just not enough time to DIS... wake up, work, come home, eat crap for dinner, sleep, lather, rinse, repeat.....
Why are you eating crap? Can't you at the very least make 5 minutes to hit a drive up window on the way home or something?
Pandemonium, pushing, and packed would more closely describe the situation that ensued. When it was over, I was far less thrilled with the human race than I was at 6:00 AM when I arrived at Bag Check.
Sounds about right...
Do you have any idea how motivating others running to your coveted spot up front is?!
::yes::
I didn’t run- I’m a rule follower (except that one time in the Canada Pavilion when I got chastised for going under the rope because no one was there) and you’re not supposed to. But I did fast walk/jog. Everyone else was running. Which kinda peeved me out.
::yes:: Me too! Nothing irritates me more than following the rules and seeing others blatantly break them to no consequence.
Seriously, while I started about 10 people back, everyone who’d raced ahead of me thought they had license to invite every single one of their 10 other family members to join them ahead with them. Had I not been alone, I’d have probably stood my ground and called them out. My blood was boiling. You have to go as slow as your slowest party member. Sorry.
Get wide, throw elbows... this is where a nice wide double stroller next to you comes in handy.
At exactly 7:00, the CMs did walk the crowd to the queue entrance and I, for the first time, walked the length of the Stand By line. While I did feel pushed and rushed somewhat, I did manage to snag a few photos on the “way up”.
Well if you really wanted time to take photos you could have slept in!!!
And here, Folks, was a beautiful moment in the World of Steppe. Steppe LOOOOVES Karma. Sweet revenge I couldn’t have arranged it any better had a tried.
::yes:: That's great! But did you even have an opportunity to rub it in their faces?
If you have followed along and enjoyed this TR, I'd REALLY appreciate it if you could give me one last soundoff.
:thumbsup2 Nice job!
Another highlight that stood out: The INCREDIBLE upgrade to the Grand from the Coronado. Someday, I will stay there to complete my quest of staying at all the resorts, but I’ll take an upgrade like that any day! It is still a mystery on how the Bell Guy knew I’d worked at Disney!
That whole story is just crazy... the upgrade, the CM celebrity status, all of it. Glad you got to have that experience as Princess Steppe.

Already closing up shop. I really loved hearing about the new eateries, of course seeing your amazing photos, and celebrating the extra pixie dust moments. So cool that so many of you got to meet up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter