The ABCs of An EPIC Girls' Trip! May, 2019-Q is for: Quietly Sending this Trip Report off Into an Internet Sunset (8/25)

Yes it is. And... I had to look it up because the translation isn't exact!
RCAF should translate to FARC (Forces Armee Royale Canadienne)
but it's Aviation Royale Canadienne
Wait. Air Force would translate to Forces Armee instead of Forces Aviation?

This implies you know she is ticklish on the outside. Just what were you two up to?
I'm not saying.

Well, okay, I will.

I don't know and no, I didn't tickle her. Most women I know are ticklish, so it was going with the odds.

I love them! Lots of options with the base, protein and sauce. Mmm! And I find that the kids sizes are just right.
I'm not a big rabbit food eater (so slaw or kale is not an option)
Don't care for spicy (so chimichurri or cilantro not an option)
That leaves me beef or chicken with sweet potato and garlic and olive oil.
I might give that a shot, but doesn't sound appetizing.

It's a talent!
Would like to see.

I like it warm with milk too, but this is really like a shake!
I started using cream in my tea (for keto) and it kinda grew on me. Might give this a try.

Sounds.... Unionized to me.
But of course. Only way they can protect their rights and put limits. Otherwise you'd have some free agent that would say 100lbs is okay.

YES! Cute did.
Lucky cute!

Plausible, but it's just hanging there in the middle of nowhere.
Will have to go back and look at the picture again...I thought it was a rope on the left near the stairs. Problem with viewing on phone.

... waiting.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Wait is over.

I highly (HIGHLY) doubt that.
I don't. Haven't been to crapistan, haven't been to Africa, haven't become a nurse, haven't started (yet) my pilot's training....

Need I go on?

LOL!!

That can't be them...they're too clean.

Oh dear....
Oh the stories I could tell.

They'd be lies, but I could tell 'em. :rotfl2:

I was talking to the uncontrolled chaos of this:

violent fight in disneyland - Google Search
Hadn't seen that. Wow. Hopefully a lifetime ban (and criminal charges) are forthcoming. No excuse for that. Anywhere. It's just not okay and I'm not sure when it became "okay" in some circles.
Shush you!! I use them every single day...

ie. 10L/min O2 via FM applied to keep sats >95%.
Ha! I even understood that (Without Googling)
Ten Litres per minute of oxygen via face mask applied to keep oxygen saturation above ninety five percent.
Which makes me sound like Cinderella!
:laughing: Yes it does!
Mmm, spaetzle!!
Well we were talking about veal, but... sure. I want that too.
And I pulled off a colossal fail today. It was free Slurpee day and I went and had a martinin instead.
And yet a slurpee martini doesn't sound half bad!
Well poop. That doesn't sound pleasant at all.
:laughing:
No! I'd left it in Frenchglen, OR. FedEx delivers there ya know. In a stagecoach. ;)
So... you should have it in 3-5 days. Depending on how often they rest the horses.

Hadn't seen that. Wow. Hopefully a lifetime ban (and criminal charges) are forthcoming. No excuse for that. Anywhere. It's just not okay and I'm not sure when it became "okay" in some circles.
Personally, a man hitting a woman is NEVER okay. Good thing for him I wasn't there. I'm not a violent person, but my training would've kicked in.

Sure ya did.

So... you should have it in 3-5 days. Depending on how often they rest the horses.
They're old horses. Probably more like 5-7 days.

Hey, wait...that was just for her...you weren't supposed to look. :rotfl2:

I really wasn't going to post it...I'd already texted it to Liesa, but she shamed me into it.
Or is that now I'm shamed she convinced me?
Hmmmm.....

I wonder if they have up here in Portland.

Well they don't seem to have them anymore, but they had a breakfast bowl with egg whites, swiss cheese, turkey sausage, and I was almost sold when I thought the green stuff was spinach, but it was kale. Blech!

Here's the article I came across... scroll down to Andrew Jackson. Nothing new under the sun, Alison... Same old, same old...

Ah you said 1882, he was 1832. That's why I had a hard time finding it! 😂 😂 😂

The Roman centurion. Dead ringer. Well... my dad's older now, but still.

Actually the answer I was looking for was Zachary Taylor. Now you need to go to the American Pavilion and find your Dad there too!

Honestly, the tour was such a special thing that I went so far as to add 2 days to my trip so I didn't miss it. That's sayin' something!

I can understand that. I would like taking a tour in WDW, sounds intriguing, especially comparing one to DLR.

I forgot to mention that your pictures of the Blue Angels flyover were awesome!

Nice little jaunt into nature. I'm not going to quote a bunch because I'm just so far behind, but your pictures are absolutely stunning and you caught some very nice poses of all the various animals.

I is for: Incredible Intra-trip Upgrade!

*** Sorry, Folks, this is a story-only chapter. No photos.... ****​

Here I sit taking a break from another of life’s storms reminiscing back to memories which provide an ample escape from the stress and worry of things I’d rather not have to wade through. I am hoping that the re-telling of this amazing tale of something pretty wonderful will whisk me away to another time and place and that, for the few minutes you have to read it, will do the same for you, Dear Reader. For most, it might be another instance in which, “she’s just talking about another Disney Trip again”; I happen to have a different opinion. Judge for yourselves.

As I wrote about in a previous chapter, I was about to internally combust at AK with a gaggle of giggling girls and I needed a break. Not from the company, but from the relentless heat and fatigue of the early morning and mild jet lag. Instead of continuing on the Tour with the group to MK for one last ride, I called it quits for a quick swim and re-set at the resort. And… it’s a good thing I did too! Let me elucidate:

I changed into my swimsuit and gandered at my pasty white Pacific Northwest legs in the mirror and hoped everyone was wearing their shades. Grabbing my MB (because having to go to the front desk to get let back in with pasty white Pacific Northwest legs isn’t ok), my sunhat, my phone, and my laminated trip notes booklet/schedule, I confidently headed out in search of the pool. Luckily, Kelly and I had checked it out briefly the night before. So, I knew right where I was going. <insert huge eye roll> I got off the elevator and stepped into a cavernous dark hole called the parking structure. Nice.

Long walkways, wrong turns, wasted time. I hate that. Even when I’m “relaxing” at Disney, time is important. I don’t want to be futzing around lost. Luckily, it was short-lived and I eventually made it back to the lobby area and found the right pathway to the pool. Confidently, I headed out to find the pool bar because I thought a cold, fruity cocktail might be nice to sip while I exposed my pasty white Pacific Northwest legs to the children who probably needed retinal correction when they returned home. I like an occasional cocktail, and I knew right where I was going because luckily Kelly and I were there about 12 hours earlier. <insert larger eyeroll here> After getting to the general area, I found myself standing outside the gym where I didn’t have any intention of visiting. Then again, it could be any day of the year and I’d have zero intention of visiting. I blame it on my pasty white PNW legs. Thoroughly disgusted at my inept sense of direction on this particular day, I U-turned and finally made it to my intended destination. I perused the menu briefly and it didn’t take me long to talk myself out of a $14 cocktail that a 2-year old would have a hard time tasting the alcohol in and settled on a “strong” ice water. Florida water tastes “flavorful” enough to be used as a mixer all on its own.

Beveraged up, I toddled out to the legit pool area successfully having taken 20 more minutes that it should have. <my eyes are going to get stuck this way> It wasn’t too terribly busy there, so there were plenty of chairs to choose from. Ahhh, quiet, sun, splishy-splashy water sounds, nothing to do but close my…. WHAT THE HECK?! Why?! Why, at that moment, did Katy Perry suddenly intrude on this tranquility? Because, Dear Steppe, this is the hour of Kid’s Pool Games, of course! On a scale of grouchy- to friggin’ irritated, I was squarely on the wrong end of the spectrum. I snatched up my stuff and went to greener (quieter) pastures. Note to the potentially irritated of you: They use speakers approximately the size needed for an AC/DC concert in Central Park; quiet places are non-existent at the pool during Kid’s Pool Games Time. Re-settled on the other side of the pool, I decided to venture into the pool to cool off (feel free to interpret that any way you wish). Cool waters do wonders for attitudes that need adjusting. So do occasions such that I’m about to get to. While I was in the pool with my pasty white PNW legs causing blindness far and wide, Fate took pity on me and the Heavens smiled down in the form of a phone call.

While I was drying off, I glanced at my phone only to notice a missed call from a 407 number. If you don’t have that area code memorized, you need to re-evaluate your Disney Fandom level. My curiosity sufficiently piqued, I got myself settled in to soak up some warm sunshine and pushed “call last number”. A pleasant CM answered, and I told them I was returning a call to this number. She told me to hold and that she’d be right back. She came back on after a few moments and told me that she’d figured out who’d called me and that she’d transfer me now. <insert lovely Disney music here> After another bit, a 2nd CM answered and introduced herself as the “Inventory Manager for the Coronado Resort”. At that point, I knew. I knew something magical was about to happen. My initial guess was that due to some construction issue or overbooking or other shenanigans, I was going to be moved… somewhere.

“Good afternoon, Steppe! Once in a while I have the pleasure of offering an upgrade to a select few of our guests.”

<grumpy mood begins to melt away>

“Would you be interested in changing your resort from the Coronado to maybe the Grand Floridian?”

It takes a lot to get my big mouth to turn off: Monday mornings, a surgeon who tells you he wants ice for his patient when you’re standing there with a bag of it in your hand, phone calls from Disney Resort Inventory Managers….

Like and idiot, I was speechless for about 5 seconds before my sensibilities kicked in and I can neither confirm nor deny that I screeched like one of the kids over at Pool Games Time. I think that gave her the answer she was looking for.

“Great! Just give me a few moments to make that switch and we’ll have everything set up for your stay at the Disney's Grand Floridian Resort beginning tomorrow morning.”

With no trace of irritation or grouchiness still lingering and my nose beginning to migrate skywards, I reminded her that at least 2 of my roomies had not yet traveled and would still need ME the following morning. “OH! I can get that fixed for you, no problem!” Another 5 or so minutes passed, which now seemed like no waste of precious Disney time at all, and certainly less so than wandering aimlessly around in an underground parking garage, the CM came back on and told me everything was set. Another note to the Reader who may be interested: I would admit this is a pretty unusual circumstance, BUT, should the need ever arise to have your ME luggage go to any other Disney Resort than what is on our yellow tags, I was told to have Mom and Jenn simply scratch off Coronado and write Grand Floridian in sharpie. So that’s what they could do.

However, I really wanted to surprise my mom with the upgrade. So, instead of having her do that, I just asked her to NOT check her bag and we’d pick it up ourselves. Which we did. And she was as blown away as I was when I picked up her later the next day when I picked her up.

Dear Readers, I never, ever imagined I’d stay at the Grand Floridian. Being so far out of my price range, I just wrote it off as wishful thinking. In the course of 20 minutes, another Disney magical moment made my goal of staying at each resort just a little more possible. And it certainly made birthday #52 just a little more special.

I'll let @Chrystmasangel give her bit of the story herself if she finds a bit of time. Meanwhile, Happy Trails, Everyone. :)

I find myself being drawn to find new ways to tickle my Inner Explorer at this park.

Makes sense, you seem to be a nature loving kind of gal.

But, there was no line at all and I had loads of time to waste time pretending to be a glamour girl.

Cute pictures!

I took this photo to prove..... absolutely nothing. But for the sake of filling this chapter with riveting pictures of random bookshelves and only portions of what looks like a scale, there you have it. Only top quality Trip Reporting here, Friends.

Riveting, I tell you!

I hear the yellow ones are delicious!

Ewwwwww! 🤮🤢🤮

I'd have liked to have stuck around a bit more, but there was other pressing business of the day: namely making my way to my upgraded accomodations and getting settled in there and picking my mom up from MCO.

You picked your Mom up? :confused3

If you'll remember, my phone took a swim later on this trip, and I lost an entire 2 1/2 days of photos,

Ugh, no I don't really remember hearing about that. What a pain!

Gotcha! Well, now they are there and you can see them here when you have some free time. :)

Yes! I did see them. Very nice!

That is an awesome upgrade. :)
We had a free upgrade from the BC to the GF a couple years ago and it was great.
I bet your mom was impressed. ::yes::

I'm not a big rabbit food eater (so slaw or kale is not an option)
Don't care for spicy (so chimichurri or cilantro not an option)
That leaves me beef or chicken with sweet potato and garlic and olive oil.
I might give that a shot, but doesn't sound appetizing.

Cilantro? Spicy? I think they have a noddle option as well?

I started using cream in my tea (for keto) and it kinda grew on me. Might give this a try.

That sounds good!

But of course. Only way they can protect their rights and put limits. Otherwise you'd have some free agent that would say 100lbs is okay.

I'm actually all for that. I don't think I'd want someone limiting my hours/workload/etc... in my "best interest" just because others need a cap on theirs. Should come down to personal choice/responsibility.

Will have to go back and look at the picture again...I thought it was a rope on the left near the stairs. Problem with viewing on phone.

No, this is dangling like it's part of the railroad (not ride track) system.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Wait is over.

YAY!!

I don't. Haven't been to crapistan, haven't been to Africa, haven't become a nurse, haven't started (yet) my pilot's training....

Need I go on?

Yes, but everyone has a story of their own and everyone's is worth telling.

That can't be them...they're too clean.

I have no idea. I stole it of the interwebs.

Oh the stories I could tell.

They'd be lies, but I could tell 'em. :rotfl2:

Those are worth telling too. LOL!

One can only hope!

With shows like Maury Povich and other reality shows, that behavior is normalized and becomes ok. "Everyone is doing it; we're not so bad."

Ten Litres per minute of oxygen via face mask applied to keep oxygen saturation above ninety five percent.

Very good!

Well we were talking about veal, but... sure. I want that too.

I know, but ....spaetzle.

And yet a slurpee martini doesn't sound half bad!

You just described every frozen drink in World Showcase.

Oddly, I replied that before leaving for work, and stopped at my mailbox on the way out. It was there. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter