The ABCs of An EPIC Girls' Trip! May, 2019-Q is for: Quietly Sending this Trip Report off Into an Internet Sunset (8/25)

enhance
Love this group pic
IT WAS KELLY!!! @cinderkelly
YAY Kelly what a cool run in
another great pic by Liesa

I loved the Chunky dump from the first FB post of it.

YAY C is for CHUNKYDUMP!!! I KNEW IT!! :rotfl:
💩💩💩

We totally need a song/rap for the Chunkydump. On our next Epic Girls trip we are gonna have to do a music video.
You remember that song...the The Humpty Dance? Instead of saying "Do the Humpty Hump, c'mon do the Humpty Hump" we need to say "Do the Chunky Dump, c'mon do the Chunky Dump!" It will be the MOST AMAZING MUSIC VIDEO EVER. 😎
Great idea Su-Lynn

Last edited:
That thought occurred to me too.
Although if you were in the back you'd need a stool.
And if you did a chunkydump, then you'd have one!

Well done, sir.

I could do that. Therefore, it fails the test. Ergo, it is not art.

Actually, I think Drew could do that.

So... one time I went to the dermatologist for a little freckle on my ear years ago. She thought it needed to come off, so she got out her cauterizer thingy and burned it off. While she was still in the room finishing up, I pipe up, "That smells kinda like the bbq I had for dinner last night!"

After she left, the nurse chided me saying, "Ummm, I don't think she appreciated that. She's a vegetarian."

I about died all the way home, laughing and feeling sorry for her.

If she doesn't have a sense of humor, that's her problem.

For the record, yours is some of the most quality writing we have on the Boards. ;)

Well, gosh. :flower3: Thank you so much.

Been to Pecos Bills at lunch time recently? The trashcans come close...

Refried beans. Maybe the only food that is exactly the same before and after digestion.

Your TR updates need to be sipped slowly like a fine wine (though I don't actually like wine, so imagine that is something equivalent).
Dole Whip Froscato maybe? Although that would have to be sipped a little quicker since it's frozen!
I have absolutely no idea! I think @chunkymonkey was filming this round and I may have been concerned about her cell phone flying away! Or maybe trying to stop from swallowing a lovebug!
I do have a film of it, I have to upload it!

Sometimes it’s best to keep one’s mouth shut.
It is? No wonder I get in trouble so much.

some pretty hilarious did-you-really-say-that?!
I get that a lot. Sometimes it's angry.

we were treated to a really wonderful and generous gift of a VIP Tour.
Yeah,yeah, I know. Still jealous.

Make sure your safety harnesses are secured.
Ooh...you didn't say keep our hands and arms inside...chaos will reign supreme now. At least until someone loses an arm.

the hottest place on the planet is that queue.
::yes:: I think there's an active volcano just below the sidewalk.

11/22/1995 happens to be the release date of Toy Story 1
I knew that

Same loss of ride photos.
Not sure why this ride is so horrible with that. Someone obviously missed a step in assembly.

I’m short.
Knew this too. Actually, it wasn't until we met that I found this out. I was just glad to finally meet you and height doesn't matter.

suck at basketball
You could have been phenominal...sneaking between people's legs and stealing the ball. :laughing:

I am relegated to the front row of every group picture ever.
I am tall (well taller) and relagated to back row or have to kneel. Kneeling on concrete (especially near an active volcano) isn't fun either

The One! The Only…

(@disneyAndi14 , I'm not exactly sure why I was the only target of this claim to fame... ? ;) and @buzzrelly just exactly what are you doing back there....? )
I'd say Caroline's looks much less dump-ish.
:rotfl2:

they were all doing the ChunkyDump. The photo at MK proves it:

Sung to tune of Time Warp...
Let's do the chunky dump again.

So... one time I went to the dermatologist for a little freckle on my ear years ago. She thought it needed to come off, so she got out her cauterizer thingy and burned it off. While she was still in the room finishing up, I pipe up, "That smells kinda like the bbq I had for dinner last night!"

After she left, the nurse chided me saying, "Ummm, I don't think she appreciated that. She's a vegetarian."

I about died all the way home, laughing and feeling sorry for her.
:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:
Mmm, barbeque.

I have absolutely no idea! I think @chunkymonkey was filming this round and I may have been concerned about her cell phone flying away! Or maybe trying to stop from swallowing a lovebug!
What, you didn't love the lovebugs?
To quote Jar Jar...how wude

Definitely a concern swallowing one though.

Reminds me of a joke...
You know how you can tell a happy motorcycle rider?
All the bugs in their teeth.

Z is for for: ZOINKS! Call an Ambulance!

View attachment 404418
First off, I hate the new (far fewer!) color choices. I liked my trademark blue. :(

Secondly, this is an update with no photos for reasons that will be obvious in a minute…

Storytime with Steppe:

Dinner was a fantastic, friend-filled event that I’ll write about in more detail another time, but what happened afterwards was equally exciting in a less-than-wonderful way.

O’hana included all the usual merriment with cocktails, laughter, too much food (oink, oink!), not enough ukelele, coconut races, and silliness. Mom had just arrived and we rushed from just settling her in from the airport at our resort (an entire story all of its own!) and we were both exhausted from early mornings and the heat.

Saying our temporary good-byes to all of our new friends after taking some PP photos, we made our way to the monorail for the short ride “home”. We had just arrived at the tables for the security check, when I noticed Mom leaning over the table and looking quite pale and… not good. Actually Jenn, @Chrystmasangel , noticed her first and asked her if she was alright.

“No, not really. I’m feeling light-headed and like I might pass out.”

“Holy crap! Do you need to sit down?!”

“No, I just need to rest.” You know that way people get when they have too little bloodflow to the brain? Like they can’t make rational decisions? Yeah…

Before I even asked, a CM had gotten and placed a chair behind her and we got her to sit down on it. Good fairies DO indeed exist. She lasted about 2 minutes. Honestly, time began to stand still, and I have no concept of the timeline from that point on. Could have been 1 minute, could have been 5 or more…

SteppeNurse kicked in, and I began to ask some intelligent assessment questions, but SteppeDaughter was overriding most coherent thought processes. I noticed a HUGE crowd gathering and that many of the folks we’d just eaten with were nearby wondering (and asking, THANK YOU!) if there was anything they could do

It wasn’t long before it became apparent that Mom was indeed going to pass out, so a few of us eased her to the ground. She came around fairly quickly, and by the time she did, the EMTs showed up. THEY ARE FAST!!! Then again, all sense of time was lost on me and I have no idea how much time had passed by now. None. @disneyAndi14 , one of the other EPIC Nurses was also nearby and lent a professional hand as well. A collaborative effort is always better in circumstances like that!

They quickly got a 5 lead on her, checked her blood sugar, took vitals, and did a good thorough assessment. Everything looked good and, eventually, it was determined she really didn’t need to be transported. She, understandably, was completely embarrassed and in the end we speculated that a recent change of her blood pressure meds, combined with the oppressive Florida heat and humiditiy she isn’t used to, the cocktail she had, the excitement and lack of rest created a perfect $hit$torm that led to the Great Monorail Platform Spectacle of 2019.

The amazing Poly Staff went FAR above and beyond, pulled off an incredibly professional and compassionate class act, made us feel safe and cared for and we can’t thank them enough. In fact, as I’m writing this, I am reminded that I still need to shoot off a thank you letter to them. They provided a wheelchair for us to get back to our resort and told us to just keep it for the duration of our trip. Nice gesture, but I have more commentary on this later.

The fallout from that event had sequelae that lasted the duration of our whole trip… but now that you have the background, the chapters that I’m touring with Mom will make more sense.

When we were on the monorail platform, I didn't even realize it was your mom at first! I just saw you and Caroline and knew that whoever it was, was in great hands with you two nurses! We were all so glad to hear your mom was ok that night and didn't need to go to a hospital :grouphug:

So, are you more upset about your sunglasses that just broke or your neck?
Sunglasses.
I can always get a new neck.
I don't think I took anything at all. It was just too hot for me to have much of an appetite.
I know that feeling. Quite well.
YAY, umbrellas to trap the heat in and around you. :beach:
:sad2:
::yes::
That would be disconcerting at best!! I do kinda like fitting everything in my bathtub all at the same time.
I haven't been able to do that (in a normal sized tub) since I was a pre-teen!
Yes, I can see that! So, kinda like this:

However, we're bordering on this all turning into:

1560375716709.png
:laughing:
Case in point:

I mean... is that a joke?

Gonna jump in here.
About 30 years ago, our government decided to buy a painting for the National Art Gallery. They paid $1.8 million for... this:
Image result for canada spend millions on art ottawa stripes

People lost their minds. "Our tax dollars are going to... that???????"

Sunglasses.
I can always get a new neck.

I know that feeling. Quite well.

:sad2:

::yes::

I haven't been able to do that (in a normal sized tub) since I was a pre-teen!

:laughing:

Gonna jump in here.
About 30 years ago, our government decided to buy a painting for the National Art Gallery. They paid $1.8 million for... this:
Image result for canada spend millions on art ottawa stripes

People lost their minds. "Our tax dollars are going to... that???????"
Wow...1.8 mil? Wonder who was smoking and what!!!!

Use your imagination, Dear Reader, and feel the warm breeze on your face (Does it feel like you put a flame thrower to your face? Good you're almost there.)

This is a very accurate description of the weather while we were there.

This shot is fantastic!

I love this one too!

Another amazing one! I loved Flower & Garden so much, I think it's my new favourite time to visit!

Gah! Another perfect shot! I feel like you need to use some of these as your gift for the next Epic trip :thumbsup2

Some of the more impressive flower displays were situated near the Food Kiosks. This was my favorite, by far: (at the Honey Beestro Kiosk)

That was one of my favourite flower displays as well! :love:

Looking lovely!

C is for: ChunkyDump!!

Sometimes it’s best to keep one’s mouth shut. Other times, you just can’t help yourself and your thoughts come vomiting out; sometimes even in print. And once in a while, that can lead to some pretty hilarious did-you-really-say-that?! moments. One such moment happened on this trip making it even more EPIC. Cuz EPIC… it’s what we do.

As most of you know now, by probably reading one of the 10 or so TR’s from this big Ladies’ EPIC Trip, we were treated to a really wonderful and generous gift of a VIP Tour. I’ve already covered a very small portion of it- the Safari at AK, but AK was our 3rd park that day. I’m going to back up a bit to Park #2. Sorry, remember, I report by story, and those don’t necessarily get told in order. You’ll get all those stories, but it’ll be like a Slinky Dog Dash… twists and turns, ups and downs, and we’ll be all over the place. Make sure your safety harnesses are secured.

After leaving EPCOT, our first park of the tour, we headed to DHS by way of backstage roads in a private van. As we got out, a crew of CMs offered us small snacks of bagged chips, cookies, etc... and bottles of water. I think everyone was super grateful as, even though it had been raining a bit, it was still blazing hot. And it was about to get hotter. Because speaking of Slinky Dog Dash, we were headed there, and we all know that the hottest place on the planet is that queue. Luckily, the hottest queue on Earth went by quickly because John, one of our tour guides, was pointing out cool little factoids and hidden gems like this:

11/22/1995 happens to be the release date of Toy Story 1. Sure, they could have put any numbers up there, but doesn't that make it that much cooler?!

Just as an aside: Did you know that "This was the first animated film in Oscar history to be nominated for a Best Screenplay Academy Award - Adapted or Original."-https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114709/trivia (Go ahead, read 'em. I'll bet you learn WAY more about TS than you ever imagined possible like I did!)

The imminent spontaneous combustion was cut short just in time for our amazing tour guides to get us through the FP line and onto our wiener dog trains. Kari and I have NO idea what happened to our ride photo, but we did giggle and scream like 2 little girls all the way around Andy’s backyard past the Jacks, down the “stairs”, and right on past Wheezy’s Serenade. @Malia78 Kari? It was great riding with you, cuz… yeah, you’ve got a friend in me! :hug:

(I never noticed that the landscaping makes it look just like a lawn from up there!)

(Molly's (@Mollydolly334 ) cute as a button even from the back! And I spy @Lesley Wake's awesome red too!)

At this point, the group had to choose another attraction, but in the end decided to ride the wiener dogs again. Same song, 2nd verse. Same girly shrieking. Same loss of ride photos.

In order to document the progression of our tour and our new friendships, we made it a point to get a group photo at each of the parks.

I’m short.

Always have been, and unless some freak of nature happens, I will be for as long as God gives me breath. As such, I can’t use my top cupboards, suck at basketball (you just thought for a brief second I actually tried to play that once, didn’t you? :lmao:) and can hem pants like a boss. It also means I am relegated to the front row of every group picture ever. The struggle is real, People! But, Randy Newman can kiss my hiney, cuz this short girl is a trend setter! Like the one that’ll live on in DISBoards/EPIC Trip infamy forever. I took my requisite spot in the front, so I didn’t get Wazowski’d and struck a perfect take-a-dump pose. See for yourself:

The One! The Only…

(@disneyAndi14 , I'm not exactly sure why I was the only target of this claim to fame... ? ;) and @buzzrelly just exactly what are you doing back there....? )

The Slinky Dog ChunkyDump!!!

Later, when Su-Lynn posted it in the EPIC FB group, I realized how much of an imbicile I looked like in front of what she had affectionately dubbed The ChunkyDogDash. Here’s the comment that started a Legend:

And there you have it. I’ll forever be known as ChunkyDump. There will be times Queen Steppe will have to move over to make room. Daily, in fact, if all’s right in the world :rolleyes: ; and certainly for every EPIC Girl’s Trip Photo ever. But hey, what’s good catches on like wildfire (no, really it was super hot that day) and soon enough it was all the rage and even when I wasn’t there to lead the hit parade, they were all doing the ChunkyDump. The photo at MK proves it:

(@fallonkendra , @chunkymonkey , @missjackiemcg and Sarah , you can do the ChunkyDump with me any day! The rest of you have work to doo!!! )
I was like a proud parent whose kid just rode their bike for the first time. So, if you’re ever in the park, and happen to wanna be a really cool cat, pose a quickie ChunkyDump, post it, and tag me. Trust me, it’ll be very cathartic.

And that, Folks would be....

I laughed the entire way through this post, just reliving that moment :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

we were treated to a really wonderful and generous gift of a VIP Tour.
What a great experience to be able to go on a VIP tour. I would really like to do any of the tours in WDW. I have never done one.
11/22/1995 happens to be the release date of Toy Story 1. Sure, they could have put any numbers up there, but doesn't that make it that much cooler?!
I remember seeing the price sticker, but had no idea the significance of it. I love that stuff!
So, if you’re ever in the park, and happen to wanna be a really cool cat, pose a quickie ChunkyDump, post it, and tag me. Trust me, it’ll be very cathartic.
You have my word. When I get to WDW again, my ChunkyDump pic is coming your way!
Gonna jump in here.
About 30 years ago, our government decided to buy a painting for the National Art Gallery. They paid $1.8 million for... this
I absolutely remember this.
It even had some artsy name like "voice of fire" or something.
What a joke!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter