ABCs of A Trip Worth Waiting For + PNWMM: P: A Practically Perfect Pacific NW Mouse Meet- pg. 26

Nor had I, but I'd be more than game to have it again! YUMMO!

You just want to go there again!
You'd go even if you could have boring old already-in-the-bowl soup.

That would explain it! I have not one, but 2 music treats to share with you, if I can figure out how to get them off my phone and onto here.

Oh? Interesting....

Of course! I told you, in my last update on my other thread, that while I am royalty, I'm actually more of a royal PITA.

I did see that. PITA, IBS... you have a thing for bums, don't you?

I'd have gratefully accepted. :)

Note to self. Next time when traveling to hot climates, pack a jacket anyway for the whimpy Yanks.

It would have been cold and icky by the time you'd gotten it.

Yeah. Not what I was looking for.

Oh no! You most definitely shouldn't have felt that way at all! Everyone's a big, happy, DISFamily and you'd have fit right in! Nothing private about it, we were just sort of introducing ourselves and talking about what we'd done that day.

That's just not my style. I won't butt in on others' conversations.

I guess! Moving. Dark.

Yeah, Steppe can't do that.

<needs to level up>

:laughing: You'll get there!

It didn't last long... the parade makes me too happy to wallow in nostalgia too terribly long.

Good. I'm glad to hear that.

Sure. Me too! I mean how else would I have been able to leave my camera A THIRD TIME, somewhere??

:rolleyes1

How was the lasagna?

Excellent! But the company was better. Your folks are pretty nice people.
And their daughter is super friendly too.

Although my son had a pretty funny and dizzyingly embarrassing episode similar to this at his wedding. Remind me to tell you sometime.

Wait a minute! Wait a minute!
I gave you my story after you posted this:
No, you didn't!! Would you care to take a moment to share this momentous occasion with my dear readers? (and me? I can already tell it's going to be a good one!)

Then when you're done, I'll tell you about how Andrew made a funny slip like that at his wedding.
You can't renege now!

Yes, that was it! I remember now because I stole a grape.

Ah! Now we both know.

Oh, if you only knew the colossal blowout I had with a 20 oz latte yesterday. My car was aptly baptized.

:sad2:

Yes, you're right. "Rolling" is what I did when leaving the Club.

:laughing:

Yes. Please do. If you could just cover the legs completely next time?

Whoops! Sorry!

Just teasing, just teasing!! <dangles Dole Whip at hole entrance to entice back out>

<snags Dole Whip. Slorks down same. Waits in hiding for next victim.>

Gawd I want another one of those.
Hoping for November. October's out.
When are you there again?

Still shovelling, I assume. It'd take once shovelling before I got to that point.

You assume correctly.

Sure, but even if you get up early doesn't mean you're not going slow or lounging.

Well... true. I'll give you that one.

...or phone.

....or purse.

...... or entire bags of souvenirs. Even did that once.

No. Way.

I think the green things add some nice colour and don't change the taste a HUGE lot. Plus, vitamins.

No.

And no, it was a Norwegian-style Bennie. Smoked salmon under that baby! Delicious!

Ah. I have had many opportunities to have that (just today, actually) but I just can't bring myself to do it.

I am sthpethal....

:lmao: Yes. Yes you are.

And oh how the tables have turned. I'm so far behind on yours I don't even know where to start. :(

Meh. Just skip what you haven't read and move on. Don't worry about it. I get that you're busy.

Ok, technical question:

Does one actually have to BUY something in order to call it shopping? Or is browsing also "shopping"? Or is just walking through a retail district and people watching with an occasional foray into said shops, shopping?

I walked. I browsed. I did not spend one dime. I shopped?

Technical answer.
If you run into a store and go straight to what you want, buy it, and get out... that's not shopping.
If you go into a store and do a quick walk through that lasts less than 7 minutes and then leave... that's not shopping.
If you walk past a store, then double back and go in... as long as you're not in for more than two minutes... that's not shopping.

One does not have to buy in order for it to be called shopping.

Yes, about 3 weeks left. THen study, study, until I take the written exam. After Africa I'll start the flying part. It's a slow process to be sure!

And yes busy. But I have a good support system and friends to encourage along the way. :)

Busy! Gald you have family and friends to encourage you! :)

He is slowly making progress. He is up using a walker and might even get cleared for a cane next week.

Good news! I'm impressed that he can do that considering the severity of the break.

Massive progress today

Yay!

yet still so much more to be done

:hug: Yes, it sure sounds like it!

Personally, I'm starting my typhoid fever vaccine (oral) on Friday after my shifts because they can cause an upset tummy,

How is that going?

3 weeks of class left. After that need to study for my written exam. Flying is on hold for now until after the trip. Too much cashflow going to the trip for now.

Totally understand. Only 3 weeks left! That seems to have gone by quickly!

My trip planning is going well. Lots of fun things planned, but am wanting to save all of that for an upcoming TR. ;) Need to find a nice 50s-style dress to wear!

Nice! That's for Dapper Days, I presume. Which is the 18th (thanks Google) so I know you're there then.
Still not sure when I'm going.
Probably not then, though.

IMG_4043_1.jpg

Dang that looks good!

Trust me, it was fabulous!

Whoops! Okay.

Dang that looks fabulous!

All around me was quirky fun and I simply took time to just enjoy the hullabaloo. Once in a while the Tikis were stirred up and made a ruckus, while the patrons sent the noise level to deafening heights. If you are looking for a quiet place to have a soft, serious conversation... seek greener pastures.

So you're saying it's a bit louder than a library?

When one goes solo, it’s pretty easy to strike up a conversation with people around you.

No it's not.
It's easier for you.

I don't have that skill.

There was a fun trio of young’uns beside me and 2 of them worked at the Pixar Studios in Emeryville.

Cool! Must've had some interesting tales.

But, after a bit, it was time to go find a quieter place to hang out while I waited for Fran and Alison. I didn’t have to go far, and ended up here:

FullSizeRender%20-%20Copy%206_1.jpg

That looks really inviting.

And did a lot of this:

FullSizeRender%20-%20Copy%202_1.jpg

Nice. I usually don't get of my feet much at all.

Yes... I know....
I heard what you said.
We'll see. :)

Was I happy? You be the judge:

FullSizeRender%20-%20Copy%205_2.jpg

Pretty!
Yes, and happy, too!

I did, believe it or not doze a bit

:sad2: Another thing pkondz cannot do in public.

I also thought, maybe, just maybe, @pkondz might be done with his outings for the day, so PMd to check. Luckily that was the case, and he was able to join us for yet another little MeetUp.

::yes::

Little did I know there'd be a price for that later on.

I think it didn’t end up being a very long wait because when it comes to getting tables in bars, Alison and Liesa mean business.

:laughing: Okay. I know who to go to next time I'm wanting to do a DISmeet at the Ditch.

No messing around here, Folks. We know how it’s done and within 10 minutes or so, BAM! A table of perfection ready for 4.

Not too shabby!

Yes, we did have to body slam a few poor unfortunate souls, but Disney didn’t mind. We spent about what they’d pay out in a lawsuit in food and drink.

Did you now? Well that explains....

Nevermind.
What happens at Trader Sams, stays at Trader Sams.
Except for the souvenir mugs of course.

Yes, Fran and I ordered the Uh-Oa.

You had two of them??????
Or is this the one when I was there?

Let’s just say there is fire and sparks and alcohol involved. And chanting. Please. Don’t forget the chanting.

No. Mustn't forget the chanting.

IMHO, this iteration of Lettuce Cups was even better than PF Chang’s which is saying something

Huh. Wish I'd known. Would've ordered some.

Some of you Old Timers may remember this little guy. I LOVE that they put Orange Bird in here as a delightful hat tip to past sponsors. Nicely done, Designers!

Nope. No clue.
But thanks to Google.... now I know.

The one where we all show our true colors: (Clearly, your authoress is having WAY too much fun. Or is a dork. Either is fine.)

:laughing: Well, we did have a pretty good time! :)

I think he ordered a Coke as well.

Sure! Why not! No clue.
No notes from that day!

And that he could smell the coconut in your drink.

I can smell that from a mile away.

I have sat outside on several occasions. It is quite nice, but I'm glad we got to show @pkondz the wackiness of sitting inside!

::yes:: I'm glad you guys invited me! Thanks!

Little did I know there'd be a price for that later on.

Uh-oh, I thought you brought your daughter, not your wife!

:laughing: Okay. I know who to go to next time I'm wanting to do a DISmeet at the Ditch.

Don't you remember our story about the ditch? They told us it would be 45 minutes when two tables, right next to each other just left. I questioned it and Liesa followed up while Fran and I were in the restroom. When we got back, she had us a table!

You had two of them??????
Or is this the one when I was there?

There was only one, you witnessed it.

We're glad you could make it! :flower3:

Nice that you were able to go around DTD and do the egg-stravaganza. I still regret of not doing the DTD egg-stravaganza during my trip but glad that you were able to do it. Nice relaxation day outside of the park and at the Disneyland Hotel which is a nice place to be at especially at Trader Sam's. Nice group picture.

It was a really nice surprise that it was just starting up and certainly something I didn't even know about. I can't believe I actually got all 3 done- no wonder my feet were killing me by day's end! I was more than happy to park it somewhere at that end of that day!

Thanks, we had a really nice time together and it showed!

Good that your SIL. is starting to progress even though it is going slowly at least he is improving hopfully the insurance will come through soon for the car.Great that all is falling into place for your African adventure.Trader Sams must be very good or the food and the drinks I think that's the second visit them Tikis must be doing something right.Two more excilent group photos taken.Second photo smile could be due to the consumption of a Uh-Oa but is proably due to the excilent company around your table contributing to the fun you where having and thus resulting in the massive smile in the second group photo.

Hey Stuart :)

Any progress, even slow progress is great progress! They've been looking at cars but that's always a process. They'd like to get another Subaru (a hugely common car here) but finding one with low miles for a reasonable price can be tough!

The Africa trip is fraught with frustrating road blocks. I"m really having fits trying to find a source for the vaccines themselves. UGH!

Yes, TS's is a really fun place. I enjoyed my 2nd visit much more as its mostly a place you'd want to go to with friends. I was solo my 1st time at WDW. I think it was actually taken before the Uh-Oha, so I think it was simply great company having a fun time. :)

You just want to go there again!
You'd go even if you could have boring old already-in-the-bowl soup.

Actually....

YES!!!

Oh? Interesting....

Yeah, unless I can figure out how to do (anything ) technical, you may not ever see them. :(

I did see that. PITA, IBS... you have a thing for bums, don't you?

Only when the itch from Disney rides.

Note to self. Next time when traveling to hot climates, pack a jacket anyway for the whimpy Yanks.

Note to self: Pack warmed IV fluids for traveling to Canada.

Yeah. Not what I was looking for.

Well then! We need a next time so we can get you one!

That's just not my style. I won't butt in on others' conversations.

You missed my point.

:laughing: You'll get there!

Maybe with a tutorial... Been wanting to do a photog workshop for a long time now.

Excellent! But the company was better. Your folks are pretty nice people.
And their daughter is super friendly too.

They just are. Everyone seems to like them a lot. :)

:blush:

Wait a minute! Wait a minute!
I gave you my story after you posted this:

You can't renege now!

Ok, ok.... will do so in a separate post coming up, so all can enjoy....

<snags Dole Whip. Slorks down same. Waits in hiding for next victim.>

Gawd I want another one of those.
Hoping for November. October's out.
When are you there again?

November 12-20

Planning lots of good fun! MVMCP, Dapper Day (OF COURSE!), Last day of F&W (bonus since I didn't know!), and some pool time. Still looking for fellow travelers.

Way.

And shut up.

Ah. I have had many opportunities to have that (just today, actually) but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Your loss. ;)

Meh. Just skip what you haven't read and move on. Don't worry about it. I get that you're busy.

I will NOT!

Technical answer.
If you run into a store and go straight to what you want, buy it, and get out... that's not shopping.
If you go into a store and do a quick walk through that lasts less than 7 minutes and then leave... that's not shopping.
If you walk past a store, then double back and go in... as long as you're not in for more than two minutes... that's not shopping.

One does not have to buy in order for it to be called shopping.

Sooooo many varied opinions on the subject. Seems like folks are all over the board here.

Uh-oh, I thought you brought your daughter, not your wife!

Yeah, well.... about that...

Don't you remember our story about the ditch? They told us it would be 45 minutes when two tables, right next to each other just left. I questioned it and Liesa followed up while Fran and I were in the restroom. When we got back, she had us a table!

::yes:: I do!

There was only one, you witnessed it.

Ah, okay. Thought maybe there'd been an earlier one.

We're glad you could make it! :flower3:

:goodvibes

Actually....

YES!!!

I knew it!!!!

Yeah, unless I can figure out how to do (anything ) technical, you may not ever see them. :(

Well... poop!

Only when the itch from Disney rides.

:laughing:

Note to self: Pack warmed IV fluids for traveling to Canada.

Nah. I'll have a coat for you.

Well then! We need a next time so we can get you one!

You missed my point.

Probably. I do that a lot.

Maybe with a tutorial... Been wanting to do a photog workshop for a long time now.

You should! You know.... in all your spare time.

Ok, ok.... will do so in a separate post coming up, so all can enjoy....

Yay!

November 12-20

Hmmm..... probably later than I will be there.
But..... MVMCP.... Dapper Day? Hmmm......

You never know.

Way.

And shut up.

Yes, ma'am.

Well, a big HOWDY to you too, Neighbor!

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Well, I will do most because if someone takes the time to read and comment as much as you did, I'm certainly going to engage and banter. :)

Let's face it, if you don't live in PDX you're gonna suffer. Either through expensive hotels, cheaper, but dicey, hotels, or sucky wake up times. And more than likely both. I had both the sucky hotel AND the ridiculous wake up time. BUT I got some decent TR fodder and that's what makes these fun!

PDX rush hour. Don't even get me started! Holy crap. Doing this Friday in fact to get up to Seattle for the PNW Mouse Meet. It'll be worth it. Gonna cosplay my Steampunk Alice.

Do NOT stay at that Ramada! Your car would be safer. LOL!

You got that right on not living in PDX, but I could never live there myself. I had my fill of cities bigger than it and its traffic layout as a port city is just crazy. Not Boston crazy, but crazy still.

Steampunk Alice? That has to be pretty epic - got a pic of it handy? This is DW and I doing a Steampunk Christmas thing a few years ago. She is so tolerant of my silliness.

Steam.jpg

:car: Vroom, vroom!!! Beep, beep!

I wish I could speed more often, but the risk of a ticket and higher insurance premiums keep me from getting to heavy on the right pedal.

Agreed :car:

Guess what came in the mail last week? Yep... 4 Southwest drink vouchers. Guess who Imma try and book on my way home from IAD after Africa?? Rocket science

Sweet!

That time in the lounge was magical that night- a perfect way to unwind after a long day. It was exactly what I needed

The crazy running around and riding and such are great but those little moments are some of the best to be had :thumbsup2

I will try really hard to find those photos again! They are on an old TR under my old screen name (All7OfUs)... :)

Cool :goodvibes

Yes, first time! Can you believe it?!!! It was kinda thrilling in a way! And I did ride it later

I got stuck on the Skyway (during our 1976 Bicentennial trip) and had breakdowns/walk-outs of PoTC and Mr. Toad at DLR. Same thing with Poseidon's Fury and The Mummy Ride at Universal Orlando, IaSW and The Little Mermaid (during the soft opening) at MK, The Great Movie Ride (RIP) at DHS, and Finding Nemo at EPCOT. Loved every experience and the whole "behind the scenes" look-arounds. The only exception was the Skyway because it was hot and I was 7 and got scared :eek:

Okay, yeah... WOW!! Totally just wow. So beautiful!

I hope you do get to go on that cruise and enjoy it a lot!

Thank you!

Well, that certainly sounds fun!! I'd love to hear about that!!

It should be a great Pub Crawl, I want it to be the fun and special kind, not the "head in a trashcan" kind. I'll be rolling in with a TR so you will certainly hear all the details, bad or good :thumbsup2

I never thought much about it. Kinda a weird story line and weak pyrotechnics. But that's my one gal's opinion. :) Good time to hit TT or Soarin' me thinks

Agreed.

Imma be a GRAMMA!!!! DIL is doing well and we found out it's gonna be a girl. The heat and humidity are pretty hard on her as she has some other ongoing health issues, but it sounds like she'll tough it out.

I love my job so much! Yes, it's tough, but all things worth it are. :)

So awesome and huzzah for a girl! Heat and humidity bite the big one. My family all comes from central/south Georgia. They can have it. Your daughter-in-law sounds like a trooper, I'm sure she and the baby will be fine.

So very true - any good job should be challenging and demanding, otherwise you're just marking time.

My twin sisters were born in Oct. '69, another fine year

Very cool and thank you!

Oh my mustard friend, I am always cold!!! I get cold on a warm summer day, and sadly, really hate the rain we get for 9 months every year. But... I still don't use and umbrella, so I do have that going for my PNWerness

Well the no umbrella is a solid PNW trait for sure. And my DD is the same way, she'll wear a hoodie on a hot summer day and always has blankets strategically placed around her for quick layering.

Sadly, they tore the Anabella down, so that option is now.. not one. Sorry! I am really sad about this as that hotel holds some very dear memories for me

Well bummer, "progress" can really suck sometimes!

Yes, it is. Basically, he was in a serious car wreck (not his fault) and had both legs and his spine broken. Good news is that he was good enough to go to church on Sunday. So good progress there. Thanks for the prayers and mojo!

Progress on Sierra Leone as well! But slow progress. Trips of this scope take time....

Ouch! I'm happy to hear that he was up to getting to church though. I'm sure making it down there and having the fellowship helped him immensely.

Pretty busy right now, but managing to keep afloat so far. :)

Good deal, and busy makes the countdown tickers go faster to the next trip!

Just bought my Dapper Days dress, hat, and gloves tonight so happy about that! Not too late to join on the 18th!!

Very cool! And I wish I could but other obligations will keep me away. I hope to make the Spring Dapper Days at WDW at some point as a late B-Day trip - but that will be once we are 'empty nesters'.

You are amazing! Can't believe you took all that time to not only read, but catch up! I hope I see you come back and banter with us. Hopefully, I will get another update up this week, but I'm working 4 days this week and have a trip to Seattle over the weekend. EEK!

It is a great TR, I am a lover of stories and you tell yours well. And yes, I'm here for the duration. Right now my PTR is very drab in comparison, all business and information :coffee: But once I get rolling on my TR I try to do what you do and just roll with all the weirdness and share the tale with all who are willing to jump on board for the journey! Keep on rolling! :rotfl:

He is slowly making progress. He is up using a walker and might even get cleared for a cane next week. He started PT yesterday and as always, it was painful. He will not be cleared for work again for at least another month, possibly up to 3, as the fracture in his spine was much worse than we originally thought. Clean through T3. Weight restriction for lifting is 10#, and NO bending, twisting or otherwise tweaking until cleared. Meanwhile, they are working with the insurance company on a settlement and hope to get a new car (and everything that was in it) replaced within the next few weeks.
Well, for as bad as everything is, I'm glad that he's at least making some positive progress. This is just a terrible situation and I know it has to be hard on him and the family as a whole. I hope the insurance company doesn't make things more difficult than they need to be so that it's at least something he doesn't have to worry about and he can focus on just getting better.

Alison and Liesa mean business. No messing around here, Folks. We know how it’s done and within 10 minutes or so, BAM! A table of perfection ready for 4. Yes, we did have to body slam a few poor unfortunate souls, but Disney didn’t mind. We spent about what they’d pay out in a lawsuit in food and drink.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

The one where we all show our true colors: (Clearly, your authoress is having WAY too much fun. Or is a dork. Either is fine.)
The easy thing to do here would be to just blame the alcohol. :rolleyes1

Good news! I'm impressed that he can do that considering the severity of the break.

So.... we had a party for my FILs 86th birthday last night here at our house and Nathan and Bek were able to make it. He is still using a walker and we got more details of the accident and his injuries. Apparently, the middle 4 INCHES of his femur was crushed. I had known they put him in traction for 12 hours before they placed the rod and screws, but didn't know that. I guess when it happened, and he tried to get himself out of the car, he looked down and saw his left leg akimbo on top of his right leg and a 90 deg. angle and that's when he knew if there wasn't a rescuer, he'd never make it out. Providentially, there was and he was saved.

How is that going?

I've taken 2 of my 4 doses (dose #3 tonight) with no ill effects whatsoever. Happy as they say it can cause upset tummy.

Totally understand. Only 3 weeks left! That seems to have gone by quickly!

It did. And now only 2. 3 regular classes and then a mock exam- which I know I'll suck at. I to be very truthful have not devoted even 5 minutes to study in the last many weeks. Well since camping. I'm just too wrapped up in the Africa thing. I knew that flying was going to be a long, slow process, one I'm not in a hurry to finish at all, so I'm ok with that. Africa was a higher item on the bucket list. So that'll take priority until December. I'll study for the rest of the winter and take the exam when I feel confident. Then come Spring I'll start to fly in earnest. Maybe for me 51st birthday I'll be able to hit my 40 hours. ??

Nice! That's for Dapper Days, I presume. Which is the 18th (thanks Google) so I know you're there then.
Still not sure when I'm going.
Probably not then, though.

Yes, the 18th is the big day! My hat came yesterday and my dress should come by the end of next week. Super de duper excited to stroll Main Street all gussied up.

So you're saying it's a bit louder than a library?

Just a scocshe. ;)

No it's not.
It's easier for you.

I don't have that skill.

I don't know if it's one that can be practiced and developed and gets easier with those? I don't know... but I can say, it might be worth it. There are some fascinating and wonderful people out there.

That looks really inviting.

I wish I had unlimited money! I'd do something like this in my backyard.

Nice. I usually don't get of my feet much at all.

Yes... I know....
I heard what you said.
We'll see. :)

Something about Disney and benches or sitting areas. Ahhh....

I'm sure either of us would be up for that!!

Did you now? Well that explains....

Nevermind.
What happens at Trader Sams, stays at Trader Sams.
Except for the souvenir mugs of course.

Correct.

Well, and ridiculous photos.

Any time, my friend. :)

You should! You know.... in all your spare time.

Just a season.... come winter things will slow down for me and maybe I can research photog trips. I think it'll be a long way's off but I'd love to do the Mediterranean area sometime.

Hmmm..... probably later than I will be there.
But..... MVMCP.... Dapper Day? Hmmm......

You never know.

I'll be looking forward to hearing about when you get to go, and to a TR of course whenever that is. :)

You got that right on not living in PDX, but I could never live there myself. I had my fill of cities bigger than it and its traffic layout as a port city is just crazy. Not Boston crazy, but crazy still.

UGH! NO way. Driving to Portland or even through it just sucks. I hate it.

The traffic is horrible no matter if you I5 or the 205 anymore. The one way grids, the hidden bridge entrances... just no.

Steampunk Alice? That has to be pretty epic - got a pic of it handy? This is DW and I doing a Steampunk Christmas thing a few years ago. She is so tolerant of my silliness.

Steam.jpg

Oh that's a great photo! Fun costumes! Love her corset top!

Here's a photo of the Alice costume, but she forgot her goggles. :( I don't think I'll do the face make up, but the rest I will do. I think I'll do black boots instead of the Converse too.

This is from my other thread for my Graduation Trip. If you don't mind photos like this where I look, I dunno, constipated or something, feel free to join!

IMG_9966.jpg

The crazy running around and riding and such are great but those little moments are some of the best to be had :thumbsup2

I'm learning to slow down more and just enjoy the rest of what Disney has to offer. Quiet moments just taking in the sights is perfectly okay with me since I get to go a bit more than I used to.

I got stuck on the Skyway (during our 1976 Bicentennial trip) and had breakdowns/walk-outs of PoTC and Mr. Toad at DLR. Same thing with Poseidon's Fury and The Mummy Ride at Universal Orlando, IaSW and The Little Mermaid (during the soft opening) at MK, The Great Movie Ride (RIP) at DHS, and Finding Nemo at EPCOT. Loved every experience and the whole "behind the scenes" look-arounds. The only exception was the Skyway because it was hot and I was 7 and got scared :eek:

YOu got STUCK!

OH just.... NO!!!!

Sheesh, you've been on a lot of breakdowns. Odd. I did get stuck on IaSW some years back, but we just had to ride it 3 times in a row as they couldn't get my handicapped aunt off that boat. Yes, it was traumatic. I love that ride, but ummm, once is plenty.

It should be a great Pub Crawl, I want it to be the fun and special kind, not the "head in a trashcan" kind. I'll be rolling in with a TR so you will certainly hear all the details, bad or good :thumbsup2

I tell a lot of my readers to please PM me when they start a thread. I'm just not very good at scrolling the list to find them or remembering to. :)

So awesome and huzzah for a girl! Heat and humidity bite the big one. My family all comes from central/south Georgia. They can have it. Your daughter-in-law sounds like a trooper, I'm sure she and the baby will be fine.

I'm sure they'll be fine as well. She has AC in their apt and adequate medical care. And I see photos of beach trips so it can't be all that bad.

Well the no umbrella is a solid PNW trait for sure. And my DD is the same way, she'll wear a hoodie on a hot summer day and always has blankets strategically placed around her for quick layering.

That'd be me. I am cold no matter where I go. Even if it's 85, I'm still usually wearing a light long-sleeved thing.

Ouch! I'm happy to hear that he was up to getting to church though. I'm sure making it down there and having the fellowship helped him immensely.

I think so!! And each time I see him he is a bit better on his feet. PT is working on muscle strength and stretching the ligaments that shortened for being inactive for so long. He's pretty stiff still.

Very cool! And I wish I could but other obligations will keep me away. I hope to make the Spring Dapper Days at WDW at some point as a late B-Day trip - but that will be once we are 'empty nesters'.

I do hope you can make it too. They look like such an awful lot of fun. :) I'll try to get pix of the outfits I see and post them.

It is a great TR, I am a lover of stories and you tell yours well. And yes, I'm here for the duration. Right now my PTR is very drab in comparison, all business and information :coffee: But once I get rolling on my TR I try to do what you do and just roll with all the weirdness and share the tale with all who are willing to jump on board for the journey! Keep on rolling! :rotfl:

Awww, thanks! :)

PTRs tend to be that way as is a story not yet told. But, it can serve to get people excited about the story potential, right? Today, I"m hoping to take a peek. :)

Last edited:
Well, for as bad as everything is, I'm glad that he's at least making some positive progress. This is just a terrible situation and I know it has to be hard on him and the family as a whole. I hope the insurance company doesn't make things more difficult than they need to be so that it's at least something he doesn't have to worry about and he can focus on just getting better.

Slow slogging! It was good to see him able to make it to my FILs birthday party and shows he's getting around a bit better. My daughter isn't the best at navigating the business world or insurance negotiations, so most of that has fallen to him. I think it might be good though for him to have had stuff to do while sitting at home. I mean you can only play so much Minecraft, right?

The easy thing to do here would be to just blame the alcohol. :rolleyes1

Yes, except, I've posted quite a few photos of me like that (being a complete idiot) without having had one drop.

So.... we had a party for my FILs 86th birthday last night here at our house and Nathan and Bek were able to make it.

Oh! That's great!

Apparently, the middle 4 INCHES of his femur was crushed.

:eek:

I guess when it happened, and he tried to get himself out of the car, he looked down and saw his left leg akimbo on top of his right leg and a 90 deg. angle and that's when he knew if there wasn't a rescuer, he'd never make it out. Providentially, there was and he was saved.

Wow. I can't imagine what that must've been like.

I've taken 2 of my 4 doses (dose #3 tonight) with no ill effects whatsoever. Happy as they say it can cause upset tummy.

Great news!
And by now (probably) you only have one more to do.

3 regular classes and then a mock exam- which I know I'll suck at.

Nah. I bet you'll surprise yourself.

I to be very truthful have not devoted even 5 minutes to study in the last many weeks. Well since camping. I'm just too wrapped up in the Africa thing.

I get that. Lots of details to figure out.

Africa was a higher item on the bucket list. So that'll take priority until December. I'll study for the rest of the winter and take the exam when I feel confident. Then come Spring I'll start to fly in earnest. Maybe for me 51st birthday I'll be able to hit my 40 hours. ??

Not a bad goal!
You started because of your 50th.
You'll complete it on your 51st! :)

Yes, the 18th is the big day! My hat came yesterday and my dress should come by the end of next week. Super de duper excited to stroll Main Street all gussied up.

Maybe I'll be able to see that!
If not, you'll do a TR, I presume?

I don't know if it's one that can be practiced and developed and gets easier with those? I don't know... but I can say, it might be worth it. There are some fascinating and wonderful people out there.

Yes there are. I've met several through these boards.

I wish I had unlimited money! I'd do something like this in my backyard.

Whoever said money can't buy happiness was an idiot.

Just a season.... come winter things will slow down for me and maybe I can research photog trips. I think it'll be a long way's off but I'd love to do the Mediterranean area sometime.

Wow! That would be amazing!

I'll be looking forward to hearing about when you get to go, and to a TR of course whenever that is. :)

You bet! :)

Trust me, it was fabulous!

It certainly looks delish.

It was definitely fun to talk with them a bit about their work in animation production and share a toast to all things Disney.

What a cool conversation to be in on.

Luckily that was the case, and he was able to join us for yet another little MeetUp.

Great that all 4 of you to get together again.

The posed one

Very nice.

The one where we all show our true colors:

Love this one! It's real.

Going to the med to escape the Oregon winter sounds like a solid plan to me!

It'll take a while to make a Dapper Day happen, but when it does I'll TR it up!

UGH! NO way. Driving to Portland or even through it just sucks. I hate it.

The traffic is horrible no matter if you I5 or the 205 anymore. The one way grids, the hidden bridge entrances... just no.

Yeah, 205 used to be a saving grace but it's just as bad now. The whole place is a mess and I try my best to go thru there at very specific times to minimize the snarl.

Oh that's a great photo! Fun costumes! Love her corset top!

Here's a photo of the Alice costume, but she forgot her goggles. :( I don't think I'll do the face make up, but the rest I will do. I think I'll do black boots instead of the Converse too.

This is from my other thread for my Graduation Trip. If you don't mind photos like this where I look, I dunno, constipated or something, feel free to join!

IMG_9966.jpg

Thank you! And the corset top is from a place called Damsel in this Dress. Awesome Steampunk Alice! And I see someone is a Naruto fan there too. And you look great :thumbsup2

I'm learning to slow down more and just enjoy the rest of what Disney has to offer. Quiet moments just taking in the sights is perfectly okay with me since I get to go a bit more than I used to.

It is a good way to go for sure.

You got STUCK!

OH just.... NO!!!!

Sheesh, you've been on a lot of breakdowns. Odd. I did get stuck on IaSW some years back, but we just had to ride it 3 times in a row as they couldn't get my handicapped aunt off that boat. Yes, it was traumatic. I love that ride, but ummm, once is plenty.

Yup, stuck big time! And no, I wouldn't even know how to deal with going around on IaSW three times in a row. That would harsh my calm in a bit way.

I tell a lot of my readers to please PM me when they start a thread. I'm just not very good at scrolling the list to find them or remembering to. :)

That's a good way to do it, I'll keep that in mind.

I'm sure they'll be fine as well. She has AC in their apt and adequate medical care. And I see photos of beach trips so it can't be all that bad.

Glad to hear it!

That'd be me. I am cold no matter where I go. Even if it's 85, I'm still usually wearing a light long-sleeved thing.

Yup, you're part of the Popsicle brigade!

I think so!! And each time I see him he is a bit better on his feet. PT is working on muscle strength and stretching the ligaments that shortened for being inactive for so long. He's pretty stiff still.

Good deal, sounds like some good improvement.

PTRs tend to be that way as is a story not yet told. But, it can serve to get people excited about the story potential, right? Today, I"m hoping to take a peek. :)

That is a good way to put it as far as PTRs go. Have a great weekend![/QUOTE]

K is for: Keep up With Me!
Knock knock.

Who's there?

You.

You who?

Yoohooo... big summer blowout!!

Yeah, it's still funny, and best of all it starts with 'K'- a tough letter to name a chapter with.

But sadly doesn't have anything to do with the material, so I stuck with boring old "Keep Up With Me!" I hope you enjoy it....

With hardcore touring behind me, today was the day to

S

L

O

W

D

O

W

N

…. to stop and smell those proverbial roses, or perhaps park my flabby fanny on a bench for a while. While I wouldn’t be riding any attractions on my solo day, there were two goals to be chased- the Annual Easter Egg Hunts (all 3!) and a day of photography all to my enthusiastic little old self. Old being the operative word. The only person I had to keep up with today was ME. Me can go pretty darned fast should me want to. Today me didn't. The only person me outran on this day, was myself and I.

(Today's not so hard to keep up now, is it..?)

Hmmm, where to begin… How did Maria put this? Let's start at the very beginning; a very good place to start.

Maybe I’m different than the rest of humanity, but I would assert that every adventure in Disney should begin on Main Street. So I did. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe Walt was very intentional about that being the natural beginning for a day of leaving the rat race of everyday life behind. No one put it quite as poignantly as he did:

IMG_9934.jpg

Furthermore, because I agree with him wholeheartedly on this point,

IMG_0072-2.jpg

I'm going to simply let the lens do the talking. No, not really being a lazy Trip Report Writer, I just don't have a lot to add with my usual inane verbosity. I wasn't going commando (today), didn't lose my camera, didn't spill coffee down the front of me, or get flipped off just because. It was basically a quiet saunter down the middle of Main Street, USA with a thrice found Canon. Have camera will shoot. Please, sit back, take a swig of your beverage, close your eyes, and imagine that buttery scent of artery-clogging Disney popcorn (go ahead, I'll wait).

You back?

Good.

Now, just enjoy a photo montage of everyone's favorite boulevard.

First a quick shot from the front, before you go under "the tunnel":

IMG_9933-2.jpg

And please, join me in an Easter Egg Hunt!! I did not include all 12 eggs in these chapters for the sake of brevity. You are welcome. Yes, I did find all 12 and have my souvenir egg as proof. I will explain in detail the Egg Hunt at the conclusion of the Disneyland chapters. K? Thanks. Meantime.... how many CAN you find in this chapter??

IMG_9938-2.jpg

IMG_9937.jpg

IMG_9940.jpg

IMG_9942.jpg

IMG_9944-2.jpg

IMG_9946.jpg

IMG_9948.jpg

Now, in my Main Street wanderings, I did come across a dichotomy so profound, I could not help but to take notice. Truly a contrast in character. I first came across "Tilly". Before you look at the picture, do you know whom (or actually what) I'm referencing?

IMG_9945-2_1.jpg

Tilly is about as straight-laced and conservative as you get. Prim, proper, and clearly a bit too dedicated to her job as ticket booth lady at the Main Street Cinema. At least she appears that way, but I dunno, her hands seem... odd. Perhaps there is more to Tilly than meets the eye. Nevertheless, she? is dressed in classy turn-of-the-century style as she sits in her position 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. That's hella dedication, Friends.

For all of you trivia geeks, I did a little research on Tilly (and the Main Street Theater) and came across this little hidden gem. If you know me at all, I'm a sucker for those hidden gems and get a bit on the giddy side when I find something new.

http://findingmickey.squarespace.com/other-hidden-dl/main-street-usa/7978179

Just down the street, I came across yet another character that graces Walt's walk to the Weenie... (If you don't understand that, please reference this:
http://www.themainstreetmouse.com/2013/05/13/whats-a-weenie/ )

Esmeralda

IMG_9947-2.jpg

She is the resident Fortune Teller. For a mere $.25, Esmeralda will tell you your fortune; something probably frowned upon by Tilly's Marceline Methodist Mindset crowd of 1910. A contrast in characters? You be the judge; I found it interesting. I also looked for other "Ladies of Main Street" but, there are only 2 who never leave their posts.

Main Street gave way to scenes of Old World Charm and whimsy where puppets dance on strings, toads end up in Hell, and little girls are chased by witches who order her huntsman to carve out her heart. I still have to wonder about that storyline. Oh! Silly me, just a little family fun. Once again, on the rooftops of London, chim, chim and all that...

IMG_9949.jpg

IMG_9961-2.jpg

IMG_9968-2.jpg

IMG_9969-2.jpg

IMG_9970-2.jpg

IMG_9972.jpg

IMG_9975.jpg

IMG_9976-2.jpg

IMG_9994.jpg

At least there is a Happy Place where everyone seems to get along. Clearly, humanity hasn't figured this pretty simple lesson out yet.

IMG_9977.jpg

IMG_9978.jpg

IMG_9980.jpg

Music Group #2. My flabby fanny was mighty happy right about then:

IMG_9984-2.jpg

IMG_9986-2.jpg

If anyone can give me a tutorial on how to get video off of my iPhone and onto the DIS, I will buy you lunch should we ever meet up. No, really. I will.

Now, be truthful, has anyone else noticed the symbols on this clock? Took me a fair while to figure it out.... but.... well?? You tell me. ;)

IMG_9997.jpg

I will leave off with that for now. We'll continue our Photo Journey through Disneyland another time. Meanwhile, Keep Up With Me. ;) Trust me, it's not too terribly difficult these days. At least on the DIS.

Last edited:
Oh! That's great!

And the latest news that I JUST found out a few minutes ago, is that he's now cleared to do a little driving. And that they may pick up their new car tonight.

Great news!
And by now (probably) you only have one more to do.

No, by now I'm all done.

BUT!

That last one did upset my tummy a little. Glad I was home for those few hours.

I get that. Lots of details to figure out.

Too many and it's become frustrating and hard.

Not a bad goal!
You started because of your 50th.
You'll complete it on your 51st! :)

We'll see... I'm in zero hurry to finish. Time + money.... you know the results of that equation.

Maybe I'll be able to see that!
If not, you'll do a TR, I presume?

Why, yes. Yes, I will!

Whoever said money can't buy happiness was an idiot.

LOL! True dat.

What a cool conversation to be in on.

I, to be truthful, don't remember a ton from it. I do know there was talk amongst us about company cafeterias. LOL! I asked them if they liked the direction of the company and they all agreed it's in a good place.

Great that all 4 of you to get together again.

It was a great time together again! Maybe we'll have a chance again someday!

Love this one! It's real.

I MUCH prefer the candid shots over posed stuff. It shows personalities better and the joy being shared.

It'll take a while to make a Dapper Day happen, but when it does I'll TR it up!

:thumbsup2

Yeah, 205 used to be a saving grace but it's just as bad now. The whole place is a mess and I try my best to go thru there at very specific times to minimize the snarl.

I used to think PDX traffic was bad until this weekend going to and fro Seattle.

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

It was literally stopped for dozens of miles at a time in at least 4 sections going Northbound on a Sunday afternoon. You have no idea how thankful I was to have been going Southbound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have NO doubt cars were running out of gas and kiddos were peeing their little panties. :(

Thank you! And the corset top is from a place called Damsel in this Dress. Awesome Steampunk Alice! And I see someone is a Naruto fan there too. And you look great :thumbsup2

I'll check them out.!

I ended up not cosplaying this time as I packed in a rush. Next year, I'll know better how to prepare for this gig. Hey! You should join us next year!

Yes, my kids are WAY into Anime, and constantly speak it. I'm lost half the time. I'm glad for it though; it got my 15 year old interested enough in Asian culture to take it upon herself to self study Korean. That's righteous initiative right there!

Yup, stuck big time! And no, I wouldn't even know how to deal with going around on IaSW three times in a row. That would harsh my calm in a bit way.

It was... rattling. I was happy to disembark. ;)

Yup, you're part of the Popsicle brigade!

And the TTBB- the Teeny Tiny Bladder Brigade.

That is a good way to put it as far as PTRs go. Have a great weekend!

Haven't been on anyone's threads in days, possibly even a week or more. Still hoping to get there in the next few days. ;)

The only person I had to keep up with today was ME. Me can go pretty darned fast should me want to. Today me didn't. The only person me outran on this day, was myself and I.
Was that as hard to write as it was to read?

I wasn't going commando (today), didn't lose my camera, didn't spill coffee down the front of me, or get flipped off just because.
So boring day, huh?

I also looked for other "Ladies of Main Street"
That sounds very un Disney like.

Now, be truthful, has anyone else noticed the symbols on this clock? Took me a fair while to figure it out.... but.... well?? You tell me. ;)
Yeah... I have no clue.

And I only found 3 eggs. I'm sure there are more and I just suck at finding them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter