ABCs of A Trip Worth Waiting For + PNWMM: P: A Practically Perfect Pacific NW Mouse Meet- pg. 26

Can't wait :) But I have had a similar experience lately when being ID'd at the Olive Garden...Half flattered and half was like "I'm old enough to be the mom of a 21 year old child and not have been a teen mom" lol. She didn't get it and was all, yes ma'am let's see your ID lol

Do they seriously not even use 1/10 of their brain? Or eyes? At this point I have to wonder if there is any semblance of common sense left.

Thank goodness! I remember thinking "Is it always like this?"

Why yes. Yes, it is. :rolleyes:

I had never seen soup presented like that before.
I was quite impressed.

Nor had I, but I'd be more than game to have it again! YUMMO!

Well, I know now.
That would also explain how you came to be listening to the music when Kay and I came upon you. :)

That would explain it! I have not one, but 2 music treats to share with you, if I can figure out how to get them off my phone and onto here.

I beg your pardon?!?!?!

Oopsies. ;)

Are you sure? Have you had both? Or just IBS?

Thankfully...(?) just the IBS. At t that point, I wasn't sure which of the 2 would be worse. I suppose I could have asked the mayor from PoTC.

That's our Steppe. Always the lady. Staggering down Main St. scratching at her bum.

Of course! I told you, in my last update on my other thread, that while I am royalty, I'm actually more of a royal PITA.

Why do you think you get IBS in the first place? It's so they can sell those!

Same tactic of pumping popcorn and cookie smells onto Main Street, the Cr@pShops, and salty peanuts at a bar.

I noticed that. I could tell you were cold. Unfortunately, I didn't have a jacket or anything to share.

I'd have gratefully accepted. :)

So disappointed. This was on my "absolutely must do" list.
Actually it was right near the very, very top of that list.

But...

If I'd known, I"d have gotten you one, but...

Yeah... later? Not so much.

Can I have one?

A corn dog, I mean.

It would have been cold and icky by the time you'd gotten it.

Actually, no not quite.
We got there while you were chatting with Bret, but I didn't want to interrupt a private conversation so I stayed back.

Oh no! You most definitely shouldn't have felt that way at all! Everyone's a big, happy, DISFamily and you'd have fit right in! Nothing private about it, we were just sort of introducing ourselves and talking about what we'd done that day.

Because it's a hard parade to shoot.

I guess! Moving. Dark.

Yeah, Steppe can't do that.

<needs to level up>

Well.... actually... I noticed that bit of misty-ness. And gave you your space and time to yourself.

It didn't last long... the parade makes me too happy to wallow in nostalgia too terribly long.

It does! It's called "Fireworks".

:P

I''m sure it has some sappy name to it.

But I'm so totally okay with "Fireworks".

Was it? About halfway? I was under the impression that it wasn't too far from the end.
I really don't know.

I dunno. I was guessing!

Awww.... it had been a very long day for you, what with being late and cold. Glad you had a ride back. :)

Sure. Me too! I mean how else would I have been able to leave my camera A THIRD TIME, somewhere??

:lmao::sad2:

Oh? You had another DISmeet while you were there? That's nice. :)

Har, har.

Nope.

How was the lasagna?

Not much to say.
So, someone makes a speech. Possibly the best man or maid of honour. I don't remember now. But I do remember standing up.... in the middle of the head table. 150 or so pairs of eyes focus on me. I begin to speak, and mid-way through a sentence, a dramatically sweep my hand and.... knock my wine glass flying. I do remember hearing one of my cousins (Not coincidentally, my least favourite) laughing at me.

Your turn.

You win.

Although my son had a pretty funny and dizzyingly embarrassing episode similar to this at his wedding. Remind me to tell you sometime.

Maybe a fruit cup? I remember not wanting much that morning.

Yes, that was it! I remember now because I stole a grape.

I would've insisted you take it anyway.

I believe that.

Yes it was. Not too long after I had dinner with you, actually.

I am looking forward to your TR. :)

Good grief! People need to start walking around you wearing haz-mat suits.

Oh, if you only knew the colossal blowout I had with a 20 oz latte yesterday. My car was aptly baptized.

I didn't know California considered March summertime! Nobody warned me!

Yes, perfectly toasty by then!

It's how you roll?
Well, there's your problem.
It should be how you dance.

Yes, you're right. "Rolling" is what I did when leaving the Club.

But it's more descriptive! You could find it without a map, that way.

But... but, that's so..... practical.

I think maybe.... shadows? Probably from me. I'll move next time.

Yes. Please do. If you could just cover the legs completely next time?

Ah. Sorry.

Goes back to his hole in the ground and shuts the heck up.

Just teasing, just teasing!! <dangles Dole Whip at hole entrance to entice back out>

I told you! No one said March was summer in California. Where I'm from, it's called "The part of winter that you give up hope on life."

Still shovelling, I assume. It'd take once shovelling before I got to that point.

Correct... and yet.... someone, who shall remain nameless but happens to author this TR, told me I needed to slow down at Disney.... Hmmm.....

Sure, but even if you get up early doesn't mean you're not going slow or lounging.

Nice! Glad you were able to see them.
You saw lots of family, this trip!

I really did! Most of whom I hadn't seen in 10 years or more.

Uh, huh.

I do believe that any wheeled conveyance is Liesa's camera swallowing.

...or phone.

....or purse.

...... or entire bags of souvenirs. Even did that once.

Shoot. Wish I'd known. Could've had breakfast with Betsey there instead.
Oh, well.
And can't ever again.

:sad2:

Such a tragic shame.

Yum!
(Except... take those green things out from the Bennies. And... that doesn't look like back bacon under there either.)

I think the green things add some nice colour and don't change the taste a HUGE lot. Plus, vitamins.

And no, it was a Norwegian-style Bennie. Smoked salmon under that baby! Delicious!

Not quite. The sauce is a huge part, for sure. But if the eggs are over done, then the whole thing fails too.

I guess I'm a bit different than most in this dept. I like the yolks just a wee bit more done than others- pure runny is something I don't care for.

There is no way anyone can forget their camera that many times.
Not. Possible.

I am sthpethal....

Sure!
Wait... I thought you said you did nothing?

LIES!!!

Ok, fine. I did what most people would consider "nothing". I wandered. I took in the sights. I spent my money on exactly one coffee.

...until I got to Sam's.

Hardly. Write on, lady.

Desperately trying!

Mine's done too! Now I can read your TR!

And oh how the tables have turned. I'm so far behind on yours I don't even know where to start. :(

Shouldn't that be the other way around? Or book-ended?

Both. And all day. Yes.

:faint: No. Couldn't be.
Oh! Sure.... :laughing: A typo! That's it.

You accidentally wrote "shopped" instead of "walked" or something similar.

Ok, technical question:

Does one actually have to BUY something in order to call it shopping? Or is browsing also "shopping"? Or is just walking through a retail district and people watching with an occasional foray into said shops, shopping?

I walked. I browsed. I did not spend one dime. I shopped?

Oh, darn.

Not.
Their misfortune turned into a later meet which meant I could join you. :)

This is true! But again, those are stories that are not mine to share. When you get to that part in your TR I will add my comments.

No. Not mocking you. They're busy. They don't have time for that unless they really need to do it.
So if you're getting carded... it's because they think you might possibly be under age.

Period.

I will take the complement. :goodvibes

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

And a thousand "Poor Mike" comments died on our lips.

I know. I'm such a killjoy. :upsidedow

I am EXCELLENT at doing nothing.:thumbsup2 I know you're shocked.

"I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you that there is <nothing> going on here!"

:faint: I think we need to talk.

It's almost scary, isn't it?

It is, actually. You should use that as your slogan.

I probably should, shouldn't I?

Oh, just take your compliment! This doesn't happen to everybody. Especially us old, fat guys.

I not sure who you're referring to. I don't see old. Or fat.

However given enough Dole Whips....

Boy, you could do a lot worse than that, couldn't you? Is this heaven?

Getting pretty close... ::yes::

:wave2: hello there... I take a short break from the dis and come back to months behind on 1 TR and a whole nother one to boot! 12 credit hours for summer quarter was almost more than I could handle! Thursday is my last final for the quarter and was finally in a place where I could get some dis time in. Still have to get caught up on your other one and several others, but was able to get through all of this one finally.

Well, Looky here!!

I am so, so, so happy your term is over (by now!). How did that final go last Thursday? You're making progress that will be so worth it in the end! So proud of you!!

Super glad you found time to pop in and say hi!

I'm unbelievably behind on my threads too, and am a bit discouraged. With Africa looming, the pressure is on to finish.

Grannyhood! Wow! Grats to you!

I saw my first photo of DIL's baby bump the other day. So super cute!

Goats? Cause you didn't have enough on your plate?

Luckily, other than the initial set up, I have very little to do with the goats. The kids take care of them and do a pretty good job.

So wonderful that you had a great time with disfriends and club 33....I am in awe

We really did! It's a very special memory for me to be sure!

I think you need to attach your camera to your self in 3 or 4 different ways.... Make it like a straight jacket so it's impossible to take off and leave behind!

I know. So pathetic! LOL!!!!!

The picks from the accident on your other thread gave me chills. So glad Sil was OK.

He is making steady improvement and has finally been cleared for PT. A solid month after the accident. Crazy!

Don't know if it was answered or not... But the pink flowering trees in DL I believe are Pink Lapacho, here is a websight that lists all plants /trees at Disney by park/area they are in.
http://www.plantsofdisneyland.com/d...caping-books-main-street-usa-and-park-hub.cfm

WOW!! This website is fantastic! I will definitely use it on my next trip. A girl's gotta know, ya know. ;)

Can't remember where I left off ( but I DO know where my camera is.... :flower3:)

LOL! Funny gurl, you are!

I was so lucky it was scary!

Club 33 - WOW such a special meal. And everyone is so neat and pretty...:flower:

It was both memorable for the company, and the yummy food!

Sorry you got chilly when the sun went down and you were still wet from POTC( when did that become a water ride???)

I know! I think the one in DLR is "splashier" than it's East Coast counterpart.

Yummy breakfast and what you call nothing for the day.

Need to get on the other thread to catch up there too. Its up next. :upsidedow

I need to catch up... everywhere!

Yeah! What's with that?!?!?!?

TIME!!!!!

NOT ENOUGH TIME!!!!

:hug:

No worries. I'm sure with your flying schooling (You're still doing that, yes?) and above mentioned life event (not to mention work and family responsibilities) you're pretty darned swamped.
Get here when you can. We'll be here when you do. :)

Yes, about 3 weeks left. THen study, study, until I take the written exam. After Africa I'll start the flying part. It's a slow process to be sure!

And yes busy. But I have a good support system and friends to encourage along the way. :)

Gurrl, do you ever sleep? You are inspiring, but make sure you take care of yourself in this whirlwind that you are creating for yourself :)

200.webp

One step at a time. Sleep? LOLOLOL. Yur fuh-nee!

OK I'm glad it's the same thing that you posted on the other thread because I was beginning to worry. Stay sane! I'm trying to! Take care catch you when we're all caught up!

Found some moments today! Took me literally 3 hours to catch up on replies alone here. I HOPE to get photos edited here now for the next update, and will HOPEFULLY get some writing done later tonight.

As I told Andy, I'm about to leave on vacation myself. So I'm grateful for any threads that will be moving very slowly (or not at all) in my absence!:rotfl2:

Then you've come to the right place. I'll be lucky to get one up this week. 2 night shifts coming up. Those are tough.

Alright.... caught up on comments and replies! PHEW!! :D

Some general real life schtuffs before I settle in to photo editing.

My SIL, Nathan:

He is slowly making progress. He is up using a walker and might even get cleared for a cane next week. He started PT yesterday and as always, it was painful. He will not be cleared for work again for at least another month, possibly up to 3, as the fracture in his spine was much worse than we originally thought. Clean through T3. Weight restriction for lifting is 10#, and NO bending, twisting or otherwise tweaking until cleared. Meanwhile, they are working with the insurance company on a settlement and hope to get a new car (and everything that was in it) replaced within the next few weeks.

Africa:

Massive progress today, yet still so much more to be done. Found a supplier for the cold chain logistics, like the vaccine carriers, and have an email out to them to get more information. I also have an email out to the World Heath Org. to see if they can supply the vaccines for us. And lastly, Northwest Medical Teams, conveniently located just an hour north of us, put me in touch with a company that receives their donated medical supplies which in turn donates to small initiatives such as ours. I will fill out an application and see if we can get gloves, needles/syringes, sharps boxes, masks, etc from them. Then, I'll call the airline to see if they will waive the extra bag/carryon fees for the vaccine containers. So many details! I also looked at medical record/vaccination forms today so we can make sure we're doing meticulous documentation of every vaccine or medical care we give.

Personally, I'm starting my typhoid fever vaccine (oral) on Friday after my shifts because they can cause an upset tummy, and got my script for malaria prophylaxis.

Flying:

3 weeks of class left. After that need to study for my written exam. Flying is on hold for now until after the trip. Too much cashflow going to the trip for now.

Dapper Days:

My trip planning is going well. Lots of fun things planned, but am wanting to save all of that for an upcoming TR. ;) Need to find a nice 50s-style dress to wear!

J is for: Just a Bit More Trader Sam’s

Let's continue with our tale of, Once Upon a Trader Sam.

As has already been written, I had taken a quick dip into Sam’s Place on my own. I had not eaten, so got myself one of these tasty little delectables:

IMG_4043_1.jpg

Trust me, it was fabulous!

All around me was quirky fun and I simply took time to just enjoy the hullabaloo. Once in a while the Tikis were stirred up and made a ruckus, while the patrons sent the noise level to deafening heights. If you are looking for a quiet place to have a soft, serious conversation... seek greener pastures.

IMG_4044%20-%20Copy_1.jpg

When one goes solo, it’s pretty easy to strike up a conversation with people around you. So I did. There was a fun trio of young’uns beside me and 2 of them worked at the Pixar Studios in Emeryville. They had come down for a quick visit to SoCal and were loving it. It was definitely fun to talk with them a bit about their work in animation production and share a toast to all things Disney.

But, after a bit, it was time to go find a quieter place to hang out while I waited for Fran and Alison. I didn’t have to go far, and ended up here:

FullSizeRender%20-%20Copy%206_1.jpg

And did a lot of this:

FullSizeRender%20-%20Copy%202_1.jpg

Was I happy? You be the judge:

FullSizeRender%20-%20Copy%205_2.jpg

I did, believe it or not doze a bit, but after a time, it looked as if Fran and Alison could join me soon. I also thought, maybe, just maybe, @pkondz might be done with his outings for the day, so PMd to check. Luckily that was the case, and he was able to join us for yet another little MeetUp.

When they arrived, we went in and tried to get a table, but Sam’s is a pretty popular place. It had gotten considerably busier since I’d been in there an hour or so before, so we had to wait. I think it didn’t end up being a very long wait because when it comes to getting tables in bars, Alison and Liesa mean business. No messing around here, Folks. We know how it’s done and within 10 minutes or so, BAM! A table of perfection ready for 4. Yes, we did have to body slam a few poor unfortunate souls, but Disney didn’t mind. We spent about what they’d pay out in a lawsuit in food and drink.

I had one Tiki cup. But what about 2nd Tiki cup?

IMG_9928-2_1.jpg

Yes, Fran and I ordered the Uh-Oa. Yes, it was delicious, potent, AND fun! I cannot for the life of me figure out how to embed, put, whatever, video into my thread, or I’d show you the ridiculousness that comes with that particular drink. For $50 bucks, there had better be a LOT of ridiculous fun. Let’s just say there is fire and sparks and alcohol involved. And chanting. Please. Don’t forget the chanting.

A drink meant for 2 had better not be consumed either: 1) Alone, or 2) Without food.

The table ended up with this, amongst other things:

IMG_9927-2.jpg

IMHO, this iteration of Lettuce Cups was even better than PF Chang’s which is saying something.

Some of you Old Timers may remember this little guy. I LOVE that they put Orange Bird in here as a delightful hat tip to past sponsors. Nicely done, Designers!

IMG_9926-2_1.jpg

Now, lastly, I will leave you to some photographic evidence that we did indeed have fun. We all know, “Photos, or it didn’t happen.” Here’s proof positive that, not only can we 4 have fun, we also look pretty silly in photos together.

The posed one:

IMG_9929-2_1.jpg

The one where we all show our true colors: (Clearly, your authoress is having WAY too much fun. Or is a dork. Either is fine.)

IMG_9931_1.jpg

Last edited:
I just realized that I never commented on your update.

I hadn’t had Eggs Benedict in forever, but am a bona fide lover about once a year or so.

I have them every time I go on a Disney cruise, but what's with the green stuff in there. I would be pretty pissed off if I ordered Eggs Benedict and there were weeds in it.

Oh yes, breakfast with cousins. Conversation was delightful and we reminisced as family tends to do when they have gone years between seeing one another.

I'm glad that you had a nice time....

The night before, just as I watched Alison pull away after dropping me off, I realized that, for the FREAKING 3RD TIME, I had left my camera behind. Yep, my obviously very unimportant $1,500 piece of equipment that I may as well just throw in the trash <hugest, most gigantic eye roll ever inserted here> was driving away in the Fran and AJ Mobile.

:lmao: I guess you really didn't want to take pictures that morning. I did bring it in the house so no one would break into the car and steal it....

I think Alison texted when they got home? Maybe? Details suck at this point, but regardless, she did know it was there by the time I called her the next morning. Not only did she tell me she was planning to bring it, but we confirmed our Meetup for Trader Sam’s set for a bit later.

Yes, I did.

The one shop that I totally could spend a solid chunk of paycheck at was Vault 28. I don’t make that much though. Sad.

I used to have the money and the clothes didn't fit, you can wear the clothes but don't have the money. What a pair we make! :laughing:

There was an empty bar stool right up next to the action in which I plopped my solo little self.

Wow! You totally lucked out!

Imagine, if you will, (it’s easy if you try) a cool, fruity libation in which The Tikis come to life when ordered. Volcanoes erupt as easily as the laughter of the clientele; the steady rhythm of South Seas drumming throbs a pulse of happiness; and all the cares in your world melt away on a warm sandy beach filled with all of your new best friends.

Until the ringing of the bell and the constant interruptions become way too annoying!

IMG_9928-2_1.jpg

Yes, Fran and I ordered the Uh-Oa. Yes, it was delicious, potent, AND fun! I cannot for the life of me figure out how to embed, put, whatever, video into my thread, or I’d show you the ridiculousness that comes with that particular drink. For $50 bucks, there had better be a LOT of ridiculous fun. Let’s just say there is fire and sparks and alcohol involved. And chanting. Please. Don’t forget the chanting.

I came home with a very expensive Uh- Oah too but mine was different. I need to go take a picture and or find it to compare. Yes Lots of fun and potent!!!!!

I had not eaten, so got myself one of these tasty little delectables:

No wonder you weren't so hungry when Fran and I showed up!

We know how it’s done and within 10 minutes or so, BAM!

I think we might have waited longer than 10 minutes, but we did hover with a vengance!

IMHO, this iteration of Lettuce Cups was even better than PF Chang’s which is saying something.

Nice shot of the lettuce cups, they are delicious!

Here’s proof positive that, not only can we 4 have fun, we also look pretty silly in photos together.

Great photo of all of us, and see @pkondz I knew you had a glass of Reisling and see the empty margarita glass that I finished for you on the table!

I just realized that I never commented on your update.

Oh Alison, please don't worry! I KNOW I've missed more than one of yours as lately I can't keep up and keep losing my place. I often have a few minutes here or there to read quickly on a break at work, but can't comment, then can't remember or find my place. It's all good. It's just great that you're here when you can be here, and comment as you do.

:goodvibes

:hug:

I have them every time I go on a Disney cruise, but what's with the green stuff in there. I would be pretty pissed off if I ordered Eggs Benedict and there were weeds in it.

Oh, I like the addition of a little bit of spinach or such. I like the flavor and put greens in a lot of my dishes like omelets or sandwiches or stuff. Yes, I know it's not traditional but I don't mind outside the box a bit.

I'm glad that you had a nice time....

:goodvibes

:lmao: I guess you really didn't want to take pictures that morning. I did bring it in the house so no one would break into the car and steal it....

LOL! I guess not! I wonder how I can even survive sometimes. Seriously.

And thank you!!

I used to have the money and the clothes didn't fit, you can wear the clothes but don't have the money. What a pair we make! :laughing:

LOLOLOL!

Hey wait! Are you saying you should take me shopping sometime?? ;) I mean when you get the money again, that is.

Wow! You totally lucked out!

I know!

But then again, I got my camera back... 3 TIMES! Of course I got lucky!

Until the ringing of the bell and the constant interruptions become way too annoying!

Well, there is that. Yes. After a while, you need a breather. I will say, if you still want the souvie mugs, and the tasty treats WITH a pretty nice tropical view AND quiet conversation, the veranda there is QUITE nice. There were loads of folks sitting out there.

I came home with a very expensive Uh- Oah too but mine was different. I need to go take a picture and or find it to compare. Yes Lots of fun and potent!!!!!

OH, please do post a photo! I love to see that. Let's plan a Sam's visit sometime, k?

No wonder you weren't so hungry when Fran and I showed up!

I actually did eat about 2/3 of it all by myself. I gave the last 3 or so pieces to the group from Pixar. Love me a good flatbread!

I think we might have waited longer than 10 minutes, but we did hover with a vengance!

Might have been 15? I don't remember, but it wasn't too terribly long. I do remember Fran was getting a bit uncomfortable and we needed a table sooner than later.

Nice shot of the lettuce cups, they are delicious!

I was impressed! Super tasty!

Great photo of all of us, and see @pkondz I knew you had a glass of Reisling and see the empty margarita glass that I finished for you on the table!

I think he ordered a Coke as well. And that he could smell the coconut in your drink. I could neither smell or taste it.

Does one actually have to BUY something in order to call it shopping? Or is browsing also "shopping"? Or is just walking through a retail district and people watching with an occasional foray into said shops, shopping?

I walked. I browsed. I did not spend one dime. I shopped?

Shopping is "intent" if you go in with the intention of shopping, you are doing it. If you do not buy anything you are unsuccessful at shopping. Success is not your fault, if you do not find anything it is the retailer's fault for not offering items that are either a) desirable or b) in your price point.

Oh, I like the addition of a little bit of spinach or such. I like the flavor and put greens in a lot of my dishes like omelets or sandwiches or stuff. Yes, I know it's not traditional but I don't mind outside the box a bit.

I love eggs florentine, but those are weeds.

Hey wait! Are you saying you should take me shopping sometime?? ;) I mean when you get the money again, that is.

I'd love to take you shopping, but I think our days of the high life are over. I've been trying to get Fran to learn about budgets. It's a foreign concept to her.

Well, there is that. Yes. After a while, you need a breather. I will say, if you still want the souvie mugs, and the tasty treats WITH a pretty nice tropical view AND quiet conversation, the veranda there is QUITE nice. There were loads of folks sitting out there.

I have sat outside on several occasions. It is quite nice, but I'm glad we got to show @pkondz the wackiness of sitting inside!

My SIL, Nathan:

He is slowly making progress. He is up using a walker and might even get cleared for a cane next week. He started PT yesterday and as always, it was painful. He will not be cleared for work again for at least another month, possibly up to 3, as the fracture in his spine was much worse than we originally thought. Clean through T3. Weight restriction for lifting is 10#, and NO bending, twisting or otherwise tweaking until cleared. Meanwhile, they are working with the insurance company on a settlement and hope to get a new car (and everything that was in it) replaced within the next few weeks.

Poor guy. That's going to be a long road. Praying he gets walking again and makes an amazing recovery!

So many details! I also looked at medical record/vaccination forms today so we can make sure we're doing meticulous documentation of every vaccine or medical care we give.

That sounds so involved! Glad to hear you're making good progress.

Need to find a nice 50s-style dress to wear!

Something tells me this will not be a problem for you.

There was a fun trio of young’uns beside me and 2 of them worked at the Pixar Studios in Emeryville.

Cool! That must have been fun conversation.

Was I happy? You be the judge:

Fair to middlin'.

When they arrived, we went in and tried to get a table, but Sam’s is a pretty popular place. It had gotten considerably busier since I’d been in there an hour or so before, so we had to wait. I think it didn’t end up being a very long wait because when it comes to getting tables in bars, Alison and Liesa mean business. No messing around here, Folks. We know how it’s done and within 10 minutes or so, BAM! A table of perfection ready for 4.

Note to self: do not cross Liesa and Alison.

Yes, we did have to body slam a few poor unfortunate souls, but Disney didn’t mind.

They probably were wearing Universal t-shirts.

For $50 bucks, there had better be a LOT of ridiculous fun.

::yes::

The posed one:

Boring.

The one where we all show our true colors: (Clearly, your authoress is having WAY too much fun. Or is a dork. Either is fine.)

Now THAT's more like it!

Howdy from Grants Pass my fellow Oregonian! I’m jumping in here late and had some serious catching up to do. And I do not expect you to do a detailed reply as I am covering a lot of ground based on your musings.

Yup, never use pen for trip planning, a trip is a living thing that has demands and its own life. To a certain extent you just have to roll with it.

And family emergencies, especially mom-related ones are BIG ones! Glad you were able to make it work and visit her and help out. My DW surprised me with a “grown-up” birthday trip back in 2011 to WDW/Universal and while we were there her mom aspirated into her lungs and got double pneumonia. We had family there taking care of her and insisted they had things in hand. And the next day we got a call that our 13 year old daughter had slipped, fell, and ended up with a concussion. Talk about trip guilt!

We feel you on the early wake-ups for trips. Depending on flight deals we either trek up to PDX the day before or fly out of MFR and do the park and fly option as you do with a 4am wake-up at the hotel. But if it is MFR it means a 3am wake-up for us and a drive from GP. Ugh, PDX rush hour bites! OMG! I think we stayed at that same Ramada!!! Same experience and had to park in that back lot. Similar experience stem to stern including Pizza Hut, except we ordered pizza.

Sorry to hear that Hemet has turned that way. I has similar fond memories of Tucson, where I could also ride my bike everywhere and despite a large racial and religious cross-section I never had any issues. It is now a very different place too. I looked up my old house on Google Maps street view and ours and every house on the block now has bars on all the windows and security gates on the doors.

Huzzah for a fellow lead foot! Glad you got to enjoy the ride without getting caught in triple digits. I am a fellow tomato juice drinker on planes, but yes – unless you can swing some cheap e-bay in-flight drink vouchers the bloody mary is out.

Oh yes! Crazy wet winter here this past year. Beauty shots of your valley down there, spring time is really showing thru. Nice tidbits from your past.

Nice Disney tie-in with the airport, Disney magic is everywhere! Yay for a great family gathering. And glad you noticed the missing DSLR before you got too far away. What an adventure dropping off the car. Glad the fireside lounge was still open, despite the lack of complementary drinks.

Nice undexpected DISFriend encounter and ride to the park. Yes, I would like to see those side-by-side photos in front of the flower cart. It sounds like an amazing family & Disney memory (thank you for posting it later on). Nice tour of Fantasyland, cool pics! That’s the first time you’ve been evacuated from a ride? Either you’ve been very lucky or I’ve been unlucky.

LOVED the $ixbucks rant :rotfl2:

Yay for meeting up with old friends AND having one in the group who knew how to navigate the crowds & get those rides in! Nice beignet eating methodology. Yes, Dole Whips are just what’s done – and I see you were smart to get them from the inside counter. You all are indeed a grand looking trio.

Cars Land is epic, so cool that you went in the back way. It is a marvel. Sounds like a great experience/rides thru that part of the day. People watching is always an experience there with the meltdown and such.

Awesome that you all made it in to the 1901 Lounge. I’m hoping we can make some time for it ourselves. Art Deco is such a great aesthetic. I want to take the Disney Dream on a cruise with my DW for our 25th anniversary specifically because I want to experience all that Art Deco! I mean wow:

Disney-Dream-Art-Deco-Lobby.jpg

(photo credit Tobi Fairley)

We are doing a pub crawl of sorts for our DD’s 21st late birthday celebration at the end of November and will be hitting the Carthay Circle Lounge as our 3rd stop so we’ll be close to 1901. The food and drinks look amazing! Sorry about the drink tip over, everyone has been on those shoes before. Bummer that it wiped out the memorabilia pilfering though.

I love the Disney Musicians too and always stop to listen, even if it means getting left behind by my fam.

I’m kind of burnt out on IllumiNations and we skipped it despite being at EPCOT two different evenings on our last trip.

WHOOHOO – Made it to the half-way point page-wise!

Cute goats :-]

Oh NOOOO! Missing camera bag is about the worst. I have about the same amount invested in lenses and accessories for my DSLR so I can only imagine the panic.

Wow, that Alamo customer service rep giving you the number back to the main queue, that’s just evil :headache: So glad that it was still at the Alamo lot. And that despite all the run-around and delays you still made you DISMeet.

Congrats to you oldest son and his wife for the baby on the way! And yes, some of those postings overseas can be a bear. At least he is at one that allows spouses to be there. Congrats to you on your new “hat”! And also congrats on the permanent PT position with the pay raise and bennies.

Club 33??? Well done you! Thank you for the tour and I can understand feeling self-conscious about taking pictures. Very cool that it originally opened in the month/year that you were born! You’ve got me by just under two years – I was born 3 months before the moon landing in ’69. Good meal choices and yay for cheese plate with your wine, always a winner. Epic choices to get on the way out too.

Yay for more street performers and I LOVE the corn dog pic! I may steal that one for our trip. Great fireworks shots (bummer about it stopping early) but still not getting how an Oregonian can be that cold down there, you gotta represent better :umbrella:

Thanks for the tip on the Tangerine Café, we love good diner food. Great family reminiscing and Disney stories. I was only there once as a youngster but I too remember the Skyway and Adventure Thur Inner Space. That is HILARIOUS that you left your camera kit behind again, you get a double thumbs-up for that one :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Nice job finding some of those Easter Eggs the day before the hunt.

Well too bad your DISBuds were having issues at home, but score on getting extra Trader Sam’s time. That will be the first stop on our little pub crawl!

Big Kudos to you and the others in your team (including your daughter) for undertaking the journey to Sierra Leone to provide medical assistance. That is awesome! I’m guessing the background on your SIL’s situation is in your other TR. For now I’ll just say that I’m happy to hear that he is making progress. I have seen people come back from some big injuries and a spinal fracture is certainly a big one. Sending prayers and good mojo his way :goodvibes

Nice progress on getting ready for your Africa trip and working thru Flight School. Dapper Days aye? Well I’m officially jealous! Still haven’t managed to swing one of those.

The leisure time outside of the Disneyland hotel sounded very nice. I’m glad your group was able to swing a table in such a short time. I home no extreme hovering was involved. Great pics of the gang!

Huzzah for Orange Bird! I’ll have to look for him when we are there.

Whew, all caught up! Keep this thing rolling, it has been a blast so far popcorn::

Nice that you were able to go around DTD and do the egg-stravaganza. I still regret of not doing the DTD egg-stravaganza during my trip but glad that you were able to do it. Nice relaxation day outside of the park and at the Disneyland Hotel which is a nice place to be at especially at Trader Sam's. Nice group picture.

Good that your SIL. is starting to progress even though it is going slowly at least he is improving hopfully the insurance will come through soon for the car.Great that all is falling into place for your African adventure.Trader Sams must be very good or the food and the drinks I think that's the second visit them Tikis must be doing something right.Two more excilent group photos taken.Second photo smile could be due to the consumption of a Uh-Oa but is proably due to the excilent company around your table contributing to the fun you where having and thus resulting in the massive smile in the second group photo.

Shopping is "intent" if you go in with the intention of shopping, you are doing it. If you do not buy anything you are unsuccessful at shopping. Success is not your fault, if you do not find anything it is the retailer's fault for not offering items that are either a) desirable or b) in your price point.

Ok, then. I was not shopping, as I had zero intent to buy anything. So in that sense, I had total success. :laughing:

I love eggs florentine, but those are weeds.

Hmm, so you don't like arugula? Baby beet greens? I really like those cooked or otherwise. Or is it that you just want to remain purist for eggs Benedict? I can see that too. I hate flavoring of any kind in my lattes, except on a rare occasion like mint at Christmas time. A purist snob on that front. :laughing:

I'd love to take you shopping, but I think our days of the high life are over. I've been trying to get Fran to learn about budgets. It's a foreign concept to her.

Ah well, easy come, easy go. Life seems to go in cycles, maybe living lean for a while will reform her. ;)

I have sat outside on several occasions. It is quite nice, but I'm glad we got to show @pkondz the wackiness of sitting inside!

Yes! Me too. Everyone should see it just once.

Poor guy. That's going to be a long road. Praying he gets walking again and makes an amazing recovery!

He's doing really well and even managed to get to church last Sunday. So yeah, big progress there. It was tough to stand for singing and Scripture reading, but he got through it.

That sounds so involved! Glad to hear you're making good progress.

Little by little. It's massive amounts of time in emailing and phone calls.

Something tells me this will not be a problem for you.

I'm still looking for juuuuuuuuuuuuust the right one.

Cool! That must have been fun conversation.

It was!

Note to self: do not cross Liesa and Alison.

But, if you're on the right side, we can get you places! :laughing:

They probably were wearing Universal t-shirts.

Then all was justifiable.

Now THAT's more like it!

Clearly, we were having a really fun time.

Howdy from Grants Pass my fellow Oregonian!

Well, a big HOWDY to you too, Neighbor!

I’m jumping in here late and had some serious catching up to do.

You made some great progress, but before we go much further:

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

And I do not expect you to do a detailed reply as I am covering a lot of ground based on your musings.

Well, I will do most because if someone takes the time to read and comment as much as you did, I'm certainly going to engage and banter. :)

And family emergencies, especially mom-related ones are BIG ones! Glad you were able to make it work and visit her and help out. My DW surprised me with a “grown-up” birthday trip back in 2011 to WDW/Universal and while we were there her mom aspirated into her lungs and got double pneumonia. We had family there taking care of her and insisted they had things in hand. And the next day we got a call that our 13 year old daughter had slipped, fell, and ended up with a concussion. Talk about trip guilt!

Yes, they are!! You only have one momma so those get priority! Sounds like you've had your own fair share of scares. I understand the guilt you had for sure!

We feel you on the early wake-ups for trips. Depending on flight deals we either trek up to PDX the day before or fly out of MFR and do the park and fly option as you do with a 4am wake-up at the hotel. But if it is MFR it means a 3am wake-up for us and a drive from GP. Ugh, PDX rush hour bites! OMG! I think we stayed at that same Ramada!!! Same experience and had to park in that back lot. Similar experience stem to stern including Pizza Hut, except we ordered pizza.

Let's face it, if you don't live in PDX you're gonna suffer. Either through expensive hotels, cheaper, but dicey, hotels, or sucky wake up times. And more than likely both. I had both the sucky hotel AND the ridiculous wake up time. BUT I got some decent TR fodder and that's what makes these fun!

PDX rush hour. Don't even get me started! Holy crap. Doing this Friday in fact to get up to Seattle for the PNW Mouse Meet. It'll be worth it. Gonna cosplay my Steampunk Alice.

Do NOT stay at that Ramada! Your car would be safer. LOL!

Sorry to hear that Hemet has turned that way. I has similar fond memories of Tucson, where I could also ride my bike everywhere and despite a large racial and religious cross-section I never had any issues. It is now a very different place too. I looked up my old house on Google Maps street view and ours and every house on the block now has bars on all the windows and security gates on the doors.

Sad to see the changes that aren't for the better. I guess that's happening everywhere. :(

Huzzah for a fellow lead foot! Glad you got to enjoy the ride without getting caught in triple digits.

:car: Vroom, vroom!!! Beep, beep!

I wish I could speed more often, but the risk of a ticket and higher insurance premiums keep me from getting to heavy on the right pedal.

I am a fellow tomato juice drinker on planes, but yes – unless you can swing some cheap e-bay in-flight drink vouchers the bloody mary is out.

Guess what came in the mail last week? Yep... 4 Southwest drink vouchers. Guess who Imma try and book on my way home from IAD after Africa?? Rocket science.

Oh yes! Crazy wet winter here this past year. Beauty shots of your valley down there, spring time is really showing thru. Nice tidbits from your past.

Thanks! I was sad to have missed the Super Bloom, so I guess I'll have to plan another trip down sometime!

Nice Disney tie-in with the airport, Disney magic is everywhere! Yay for a great family gathering. And glad you noticed the missing DSLR before you got too far away. What an adventure dropping off the car. Glad the fireside lounge was still open, despite the lack of complementary drinks.

It really is! I love how they research to far and wide and are accurate if not creative in the telling of their back stories.

Me too! I'd have been pretty upset to have had to go back early the next morning! And yes me too! That time in the lounge was magical that night- a perfect way to unwind after a long day. It was exactly what I needed!

Nice undexpected DISFriend encounter and ride to the park. Yes, I would like to see those side-by-side photos in front of the flower cart. It sounds like an amazing family & Disney memory (thank you for posting it later on). Nice tour of Fantasyland, cool pics! That’s the first time you’ve been evacuated from a ride? Either you’ve been very lucky or I’ve been unlucky.

I will try really hard to find those photos again! They are on an old TR under my old screen name (All7OfUs)... :)

Yes, first time! Can you believe it?!!! It was kinda thrilling in a way! And I did ride it later.

Cars Land is epic, so cool that you went in the back way. It is a marvel. Sounds like a great experience/rides thru that part of the day. People watching is always an experience there with the meltdown and such.

IT is SO epic!! I was totally blown away.

Poor people who don't know when just to pack it on home or back to their room for a bit. The cranky meters were off the charts in some places.

Awesome that you all made it in to the 1901 Lounge. I’m hoping we can make some time for it ourselves. Art Deco is such a great aesthetic. I want to take the Disney Dream on a cruise with my DW for our 25th anniversary specifically because I want to experience all that Art Deco! I mean wow:

Disney-Dream-Art-Deco-Lobby.jpg
Okay, yeah... WOW!! Totally just wow. So beautiful!

I hope you do get to go on that cruise and enjoy it a lot!

We are doing a pub crawl of sorts for our DD’s 21st late birthday celebration at the end of November and will be hitting the Carthay Circle Lounge as our 3rd stop so we’ll be close to 1901. The food and drinks look amazing! Sorry about the drink tip over, everyone has been on those shoes before. Bummer that it wiped out the memorabilia pilfering though.

Well, that certainly sounds fun!! I'd love to hear about that!!

I’m kind of burnt out on IllumiNations and we skipped it despite being at EPCOT two different evenings on our last trip.

I never thought much about it. Kinda a weird story line and weak pyrotechnics. But that's my one gal's opinion. :) Good time to hit TT or Soarin' me thinks.

Oh NOOOO! Missing camera bag is about the worst. I have about the same amount invested in lenses and accessories for my DSLR so I can only imagine the panic.

I'm pretty sure it caused a bit of legit heart palpitations for a while.

Congrats to you oldest son and his wife for the baby on the way! And yes, some of those postings overseas can be a bear. At least he is at one that allows spouses to be there. Congrats to you on your new “hat”! And also congrats on the permanent PT position with the pay raise and bennies.

Imma be a GRAMMA!!!! DIL is doing well and we found out it's gonna be a girl. The heat and humidity are pretty hard on her as she has some other ongoing health issues, but it sounds like she'll tough it out.

I love my job so much! Yes, it's tough, but all things worth it are. :)

Club 33??? Well done you! Thank you for the tour and I can understand feeling self-conscious about taking pictures. Very cool that it originally opened in the month/year that you were born! You’ve got me by just under two years – I was born 3 months before the moon landing in ’69. Good meal choices and yay for cheese plate with your wine, always a winner. Epic choices to get on the way out too.

My twin sisters were born in Oct. '69, another fine year.

I felt the same way about V&As. Yes, I took some, but tried to be very discreet with my cell phone camera. I was in good company at the Club so didn't feel like I wanted to focus on photos anyway.

Yay for more street performers and I LOVE the corn dog pic! I may steal that one for our trip. Great fireworks shots (bummer about it stopping early) but still not getting how an Oregonian can be that cold down there, you gotta represent better :umbrella:

Steal away!! Will you be doing a TR? If so, I look forward to seeing it!

Oh my mustard friend, I am always cold!!! I get cold on a warm summer day, and sadly, really hate the rain we get for 9 months every year. But... I still don't use and umbrella, so I do have that going for my PNWerness.

Thanks for the tip on the Tangerine Café, we love good diner food. Great family reminiscing and Disney stories. I was only there once as a youngster but I too remember the Skyway and Adventure Thur Inner Space. That is HILARIOUS that you left your camera kit behind again, you get a double thumbs-up for that one :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Sadly, they tore the Anabella down, so that option is now.. not one. Sorry! I am really sad about this as that hotel holds some very dear memories for me.

OY!!! What a colossal moron I was that trip. I blame it on stress and being preoccupied, but, seriously... 3 times?! :faint:

Big Kudos to you and the others in your team (including your daughter) for undertaking the journey to Sierra Leone to provide medical assistance. That is awesome! I’m guessing the background on your SIL’s situation is in your other TR. For now I’ll just say that I’m happy to hear that he is making progress. I have seen people come back from some big injuries and a spinal fracture is certainly a big one. Sending prayers and good mojo his way :goodvibes

Yes, it is. Basically, he was in a serious car wreck (not his fault) and had both legs and his spine broken. Good news is that he was good enough to go to church on Sunday. So good progress there. Thanks for the prayers and mojo!

Progress on Sierra Leone as well! But slow progress. Trips of this scope take time....

Nice progress on getting ready for your Africa trip and working thru Flight School. Dapper Days aye? Well I’m officially jealous! Still haven’t managed to swing one of those.

Pretty busy right now, but managing to keep afloat so far. :)

Just bought my Dapper Days dress, hat, and gloves tonight so happy about that! Not too late to join on the 18th!!
Whew, all caught up! Keep this thing rolling, it has been a blast so far popcorn::
\
You are amazing! Can't believe you took all that time to not only read, but catch up! I hope I see you come back and banter with us. Hopefully, I will get another update up this week, but I'm working 4 days this week and have a trip to Seattle over the weekend. EEK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter