The ABCs of a New 'Ohana Adventure-G is for: Greetings From Teppan, Good-Byes, and Good News!!! - COMPLETED 1/7

Goodness...I'm off the boards few days and come back to find 16 updates in 8 hours from you...or something like that. :p
I'm joking of course. I know you want to get finished up before your trip. I would too.

And I'm about to put up a couple more before I fly out tomorrow!! Hold onto yer hat!

Despite the fact my family has done between 8 and 10 park days every trip, there is always something that gets missed.

Always.

We end up doing Pinocchio's nearly every trip. Mainly because it has pizza and my girls like that. I haven't been that impressed with it. It's just OK. For me it's mainly their pizza sauce/red sauce they use. I find it gives me heartburn. I have sometimes let the girls go there and I'll get a waffle sandwich from Sleepy Hollow.

THAT'S interesting. I can get pretty bad heartburn too, so was thinking of something other than the pizza. Maybe a sandwich or...?

While it's far from a Broadway quality production, the Frozen Sing-along is better than B&tB or Mermaid. It's definitely worth doing at least once.

It's definitely on the list and I'm sure it'lll be a hit. Even if only for the AC. ;)

I've had both. I liked the sampler. For small eaters it could do two I think.
The chicken pot pie I had in 2010, so it may very well have changed. For me it was OK. I've established I'm not a vegetable eater, but I don't mind them so much in soup or in a pie when they are mushy and taste more like something else. The issue I had with the pot pie was the vegetables were cut in large pieces and still firm, so you really got the taste and texture of them. Not my thing. But maybe fine for someone who doesn't have the palate of an 8 year old.

Good heads up! I love veggies, so this won't be an issue. I'm just hoping it's enough and the sauce isn't too thick and glue-y.

If/when I get to Galaxy's Edge, I would be very tempted to make a droid or lightsaber. But I realty don't think I could shell out that kind of money. Especially when tacking on the 30% exchange rate for our carpy Canadian dollar. But who knows. Disney tends to make you forget about finances and practical adult decisions. It must be something they put in the water.

Ouch. 30% is yuck! As for becoming irresponsible. Yes. I'm the worse offender.

I think I would say Iluminations is my favourite. Yes, there is a boring bit in the middle when the globe spins around. But I love the music. and I like that the fireworks are closer to the ground, and you stand closer to them.
Wishes and HEA is like choosing between children. I miss Wishes. But I do appreciate the projections in HEA.
We have always stayed for every nighttime show. Although after seeing RoL for the first time, I don't think I would spend the time to see it again. Unless we had nothing at all left to do.

I actually love the music too and listen to it fairly often as I DIS after work. And yes, tthe fireworks portions ARE good, but I usually see them as I turn around while I"m on my way to a bus. LOL!

Having read that droid description, it does sound like fun. I still don't think I could bring myself to buy one. But really tempting.

Doesn't it?! I wonder if you start seeing them as you walk through the land you'd cave.

I ended up with the same kind of FiP (hey, that is a bit more fun!). It's the stupid tiers in Epcot. My family really wants Soarin and FEA, so that's two days of FiP burned there and not much else to choose from.

See?!!

I really hate the tier system, and it's abyssmally bad in DHS now. Holy crap. It's a one-ride park now. So dumb. As for EPCOT, I get it. One headliner and bam, you're done for the day.

it's a small world
You may or may not remember my explanation in my trip report, but it's our first ride tradition. Yes, the song drives you a bit crazy. But it just "feels" like Disney and it really means we're back.

I do remember that, Jeff. Yes, it's a catchy, ear-worm tune; it's MEANT to be that way, and it's actually pretty artistic when you get right down to it. And for a lot of us, tied pretty closely to a memory of when we were kids. Hard to un-love that.

The only deliberate collection is the fridge magnets with the year on it. It just reminds us when each trip was.
We've picked up resort mugs nearly every trip. And the wooden Mickey picture frames of some variety. But not so deliberately.

The refillable ones or the coffee cups?

Even if it wasn't deliberate, it's interesting that you were drawn to the same thing each time. :)

That sounds great. I had read about that ages ago but forgot you could get 'Ohana food delivered room service. If I ever stay at the Poly, I definitely have to remember that.

It's a bargain! For $120 I can feed all 4 of us, instead of over $200. And we don't waste food (a huge pet peeve of mine). Plus, you skip the chaos that 'Ohana is.

MK is always our last day park. And sometime on our last day we do iasw again. It's usually spent trying to eat all the treats we wanted to get but didn't have time for.
We have always taken our time packing and in fact don't go to a park our very last morning just so we can decompress a little.

I feel I need that too. If I push it to the last minute, I'm a wreck with stress and have been known to forget things. Sometimes a lot of things. :rolleyes:

M is for: My Main Munchable Musts

Yes, I spend far too much time looking ahead at things when it comes to a Disney trip. The more I research, the more it in some ways lengthens the trip before I even get there. If there are changes, I wanna know. New things to see or do? I wanna know. Dining reviews? I read them. Admit it, so do you. And let's face it, some things about planning a trip, especially to Disney, can be overwhelming if you think about the scope of it- things like maximizing your time at a hard ticket party; how to keep from standing in lines for the majority of your park time; and how to get the best bang for your buck at an EPCOT Festival.

I get it; some of you may be totally fine with showing up without any plan whatsoever. Maybe you get to go 6 or 8 times a year and don't have to "do it all". Maybe you don't ride a lot of rides and are okay browsing in shops and your time is best spent wandering around. That's GREAT! Everyone has their own way of enjoying the massive array of stuff to do at WDW, but I am a planner. It's me and, well... I'm old enough now to be okay for not speaking one word of apology for being me.

That being said, I plan and anticipate and prepare. And, in the case of tackling the Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT, I do think ahead and make a list of the things I'd like to try. I've been to 4 Festivals now and have a pretty good idea of the things I want to try again, and an even better idea of the few things I never want to eat again. <Die a slow death, Escargot Croissant in France. You are gross.> But, in addition to going off of prior experience, I also love to read the reviews of the Disney Food Blog and see their photos of the current year's stuff. Thirdly, I open up their complete list of kiosks and menus and start narrowing things down. Let's face it, going into a Festival with over 30 booths is too hard to just show up and try to decide. Because stomach space is just as limited as your wallet capacity. In any given afternoon/evening my limit is about 5 or 6 dishes... fewer if I have a meal planned on top of that. (Word to the wise, go with a friend! WAY more fun to share and split- twice the tasties!)

I'm thrilled that this year, I planned 3 dips into the F&W Festival for maximun loading up. Because all bets are off for sensible vacation eating! If you have read my past reports at all, you know I'm not a huge dessert eater and, given the choice, I will opt for a savory over a sweet most of the time. So, you'll notice on my handy-dandy little list that most of my choices are on that side of the spectrum. 4 items made the Repeat List, and back on top spot is the Loaded Mac Cheese from Active Eats. Does it beat 8 Spoons? I'll let you know in a few weeks...

And one is not a F&W specific item, but something I fell in love with in 2017- the Empanadas from La Choza in Mexico:

Here's it is: The narrowed-down, Steppe-Approved 2019 Munchable Bunch...

But have no fear, I'll also be using the Food & Wine booklet so I can pretend I'm 3 and put stickers in all the little places. I'll also take photos of all the yummy goodies the kids and I can pack away. Perhaps, I'll strike up a fun conversation with Festival TableMates, maybe I'll spill something red and greasy on my chest. I can almost guarantee there will be stories to share, and I hope you'll join me in a few short weeks when I return!!

And now, Steppe's answer to last chapter's question: Not really, no I don't have a last day tradition or something I have to do to end my trip. My flights are usually in the mid-morning and I have to be on the Tragical Depress by 10:00 or so. It varies, but I almost never have a day to dilly dally. I usually spend my morning packing, getting my luggage checked and getting to the airport. I don't have a "last day park"; it just totally depends on the schedule I"ve made for my trip and more often than not, I'm just focused on not forgetting important things... like my camera, or purse. :rolleyes:

Now: It's YOUR turn!

Who are the Planners here and who are the Just Wing-its? Planners? WHAT do you plan and how do you organize your thoughts and notes? Wing-Its? Do you go without any ADRs or FiPs? And do you plan out your schedule at all?

Last edited:
N is for: Not So Scary Plans

Who loves a good party? I DO, I DO!! I scream, you scream, EVERYBODY SCREEEEEEEEEEEEAM!!!! Ready to get your Boo To You on?

HERE'S some background music to get you in the mood.

Okay, now that you've wished each other a "Boo to You", let's talk about Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. First off, it's friggen' expensive. Like, full-sized Treager expensive. Or... for you ladies.. Dooney Bag expensive. If you think showing up without a plan is okay, great, but for me, and this is just me, squandering several hundred bucks away to just wander around isn't my idea of "I'm SO glad we did that!".

Therefore, just like I do with F&W, I spend a bit of time making a game plan. Less so however this year, since this will be my 3rd and I know for the most part what I want to do. Oh sure just to be nice, I asked the kids if they have any pressing needs to do or not do this year, and here's what they came up with.

1) RIDES!

2) Cool costumes!

3) Minimal character Meets

4) Parade and Fireworks

5) Puke Cups, SM, HM, and POTC for the overlays.

6) They don't care where we eat.

Then I took stock of the things I want to do and honestly, I'm just there to see my kids have a good time. I AM super, SUPER,
SUPER excited about our costumes and will only say it's Alice in Wonderland-themed saving details for the TR. So, cool costumes are on my list too along with:

1) Madame Carlotta at HM

2) PP pix with the kids

3) Parade and Fireworks

4) Whatever rides they wanna go on.

5) The Cadaver Dans

Seems loosey-goosey, yes? Well, it might, but I do have a plan; it's just a bit looser than in years past. I do know for certain we'll do the 2nd parade at 11:15 AFTER the new (and hopefully improved, but probably not) fireworks at 10:45, and rides until they kick us out. I like the Hocus Pocus Show, but they said they don't care about it. We'll see...

We'll have been up since 5:45 since we'd voted to do the EMH at 7:00AM, so we'll see how we hold out over the course of the day. It's very possible they recruit us for the corpse dancers. It's early in the trip though, and we may be able to go the distance, but honestly I'm not sure we'll know until we're in the moment. However, there are magical little golden nuggets that just may be able to revive even the most dead tired spririts. Made from a mystery meat and dipped in red sauce, they're enough to scare anyone back to the land of the living. Of course, we'll probably try the Hades Nachos, or a couple of the other special party treats as well.

And that, My Friends, is the BFP for Mickey's Frighteningly Expensive Halloween Party.

Steppe's answer to last chapter's question: Did you read the chapter?

Now, it's YOUR turn:

What are your top priorities at the parties (any of them) and what do you wish they'd change or add?

M is for: My Main Munchable Musts
mmmmmm...
It's me and, well... I'm old enough now to be okay for not speaking one word of apology for being me.
Good for you. ::yes::
in the case of tackling the Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT, I do think ahead and make a list of the things I'd like to try.
As do I. :) You have to. (For the reasons you pointed out.)
<Die a slow death, Escargot Croissant in France. You are gross.>
:lmao:
back on top spot is the Loaded Mac Cheese from Active Eats. Does it beat 8 Spoons? I'll let you know in a few weeks...
I'm planning to make that same comparison.
But have no fear, I'll also be using the Food & Wine booklet so I can pretend I'm 3 and put stickers in all the little places.
Of course you will. I'm not the least surprised Mrs. Wilderness Explorer.
I hope you'll join me in a few short weeks when I return!!
::yes::
Who are the Planners here and who are the Just Wing-its?
I plan. But not as much as I used to. For a few reasons.
Planners? WHAT do you plan and how do you organize your thoughts and notes?
Well, definitely which parks I'll be in on any given day. FPs. And ADRs. Those are musts. Or you're not riding or eating.
(Unless all you want is quick service, which is absolutely fine!)
I have a list of "Disney things to try" that I've been updating for the past dozen or so years. Some of the things on it are gone, some things are new.
let's talk about Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. First off, it's friggen' expensive.
Yup.
Like, full-sized Treager expensive.
No. It's not that expensive. I know. I thought about buying one.
1) Madame Carlotta at HM

2) PP pix with the kids

3) Parade and Fireworks

4) Whatever rides they wanna go on.

5) The Cadaver Dans
That's pretty much my list too.
It's very possible they recruit us for the corpse dancers.
:laughing:
However, there are magical little golden nuggets that just may be able to revive even the most dead tired spririts. Made from a mystery meat and dipped in red sauce, they're enough to scare anyone back to the land of the living.
I know what you are talking about. ;)
What are your top priorities at the parties (any of them) and what do you wish they'd change or add?
Parade. Hallowishes… and that's what I might want them to change... back to what it was if the new one isn't as good (which unfortunately, I've been hearing).
But the thing I look forward to most is... the atmosphere. I love Halloween and the whole park just brings that alive.

THAT'S interesting. I can get pretty bad heartburn too, so was thinking of something other than the pizza. Maybe a sandwich or...?
I had chicken parm and their red sauce did me in. I don’t remember much else of their menu but I think there’s a mozzarella balsamic flatbread which isn’t my cup of tea but at least gets away from the sauce.

The refillable ones or the coffee cups?
The refillable ones

Who are the Planners here and who are the Just Wing-its? Planners? WHAT do you plan and how do you organize your thoughts and notes? Wing-Its? Do you go without any ADRs or FiPs? And do you plan out your schedule at all?
Planner here. I do a spreadsheet with all our parks, ADRs, FP, etc. I like your flip cards though, much more handy than a crumpled sheet of paper

I’m honestly sad about the party. I know my last negative experience was self inflicted by my decision to stick with the girls for their two hour wait for Moana. But I really think I’m done with it. If I’m going to spend that money, I’d rather try one of the after hours events. Or maybe a dessert party because I’ve never done one.
As for what I’d change...go back to selling fewer tickets so it’s a better experience.

I definitely plan and love the food blogs

The loaded Mac and cheese I really liked and had several times!

2nd parade at MNSSHP is the best, less crowded and go ride BTM and Splash right after with no waits. We had a very crowded party this year was a downer, I sure hope yours is rain free and less crowded!!

I forgot to answer the last day question. When I went with my kids and parents - we would eat a big breakfast then drive home . By myself, I usually have a morning FPs or two but depending on what all I got done during the trip determines if if I do those or change them or sleep in and just pack up and go .

I am more of a planner but recently have tried to combine that with some go with the flow days . I too make lists of what I want to try. My last two trips have been during flower and garden . This last time I only tried new things just for a change of pace . But totally get returning to favorites I Never get to everything on my list but figure that’s a reason to go back .

I haven’t done a party in a couple of years . But I usually focus on rides and soaking up the atmosphere. I am not big on the shows personally. This year I am going to MVMCP for the first time in a long time. I added a day to my Universal trip so that will be my only Disney fix for the trip. I have booked the dessert party so I can get good fireworks view but that is all I have planned for now. I love the Halloween parade but don’t remember the Christmas one .

I found your PTR just before you head off to WDW. I hope you and your kids have a great time.

We returned from a 7 night stay at WL on August 31st and were there for both the opening day of Food & Wine and SWGE. The savory dish that we thought was the best was the beef thing from France. We are returning in October so we will be able to get to more food booths then.

We had planned to avoid SWGE due to fear of crazy crowds, but the only craziness was the 4 am opening day crowd. By 5pm that evening the wait time for Millennium Falcon was down to 90 minutes. We didn't spend too much time in SWGE because it was very hot and sunny with no shade, and crowded. Make sure you download and play the parks app game. We didn't know that it was interactive with the attraction and would translate the names of all the places in Batuu. I suggest you watch the wait times because it may not be as crowded in the middle of September as it is expected to be.

To answer some of your homework questions -
-favorite resort is Wilderness Lodge - it just feels like home the minute we walk in the lobby
- it feels like Disney when we walk get of the ME and into the resort lobby
- arrival traditions - if staying at the Beach Club we usually walk into Epcot for lunch at Yorkshire Fish. When staying at the WL we eat lunch at Geyser Point if the weather is good, or go to Disney Springs for lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express. If staying at POR we take the boat to DS for whatever we feel like.
- the one ride we do that is a tradition would be the Wedway, more commonly known as People Mover. That is always a much do, as is Pirates and Peter Pan.

The Skyliner wasn't close to being ready on the line to Epcot when we were there. The station at the International Gateway still had lots of work to do. I think the line to DHS has been finished for a while now but Disney won't open the Skyliner until the Epcot portion is done.

Last edited:
I'm thrilled that this year, I planned 3 dips into the F&W Festival for maximun loading up. Because all bets are off for sensible vacation eating!
Sensible vacation eating means eating whatever you want whenever you want. You're good.
I'm a mix. I read, research and plan, but I have always liked to plan with some flexibility in mind. I'm going with a sports reference, but I liken it to the quarterback with the playbook on his armband and the freedom to call plays at the line of scrimmage. He knows what play works well in certain situations and goes with his gut in the moment.

I like to know what to expect and what I'm getting into, but I HATE having a structured step by step plan. When I get to a certain point, planning starts to feel like work to me and that isn't fun. I like there to be spontaneity when I'm on vacation and that's where my love/hate with FP+ and MDE comes into play. In the past planning just allowed me to be able to navigate the parks better and get some advantage over the rest of the crowd but now you're the one who's definitely working from behind if you don't actively plan. That's been a point of frustration for me that makes it less fun/more work. I'm kind of weird I guess.
Then I took stock of the things I want to do and honestly, I'm just there to see my kids have a good time. I AM super, SUPER, SUPER excited about our costumes and will only say it's Alice in Wonderland-themed saving details for the TR.
I'm sure they're great... looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
Seems loosey-goosey, yes? Well, it might, but I do have a plan; it's just a bit looser than in years past. I do know for certain we'll do the 2nd parade at 11:15 AFTER the new (and hopefully improved, but probably not) fireworks at 10:45, and rides until they kick us out. I like the Hocus Pocus Show, but they said they don't care about it. We'll see...
Great party plan! It should be a lot of fun.
Steppe's answer to last chapter's question: Did you read the chapter?
::yes:: Mega planner. As if we didn't already know that. :rotfl:
Our priority is the fireworks. We just really like to enjoy the ambience. Usually hit some rides. It's fun to walk by and see some of the more "rare" characters meeting and the "usual" characters out in their festive attire, but we really don't make a point to meet them unless we happen across a short line. I just can't justify spending time standing in line for a 1 minute meet & greet when you factor in the cost to attend these events these days. I mean when the times we did MVMCP the 7D were the big meet. I couldn't justify lining up for an hour or 2 before the party or wasting a couple of hours of party time just waiting to meet them. So I guess I wished that they'd add more opportunities to meet "rare" characters to spread the crowds out, and based on what I heard from my sister during her experience at MNSSHP last year, they need to cut back on the crowd size, because there's not much value to a crowded party.

Loving your plans and the semi looseness of it all, but I totally get it. Planning for a party is the way to go, but then I don't really get the non-planners anyway, even when you aren't shelling out separately for party tickets, as a non-AP holder, any time I'm in a park, I want to maximize time there and spend more time doing things and less in line...if I could go more often though...I think sometimes might be fun to not have an agenda...but I will have to save that for retirement perhaps.

Your must munch list is pretty ambitious but at least you have people to share the eats with and so should be doable!! Also, even for the spontaneous type, if you don't have a plan you end up filling up too soon and not knowing what all the options are because you don't make it all the way around before you run out of stomach space!! That mac looks really good, it's always hard to decided between revisiting things that you had before that are great, but wanting to experiment with new foods! You seem to have a good balance!

I realize there are 7 of you who I have outstanding replies for, and yet, that will have to wait until I get home from work. This morning, I'll throw together one last post for the PTR part of this Report and call it good by wishing you a heartfelt farewell until next time... :) Okay, it's technically 2, but who's counting? It's down to the wire, Folks! I work until 5:30 tonight, and until "Late" tomorrow, then the 2 youngest kids and I will take off whenever that is for Portland and hope for a few measly hours of sleep before leaving at 3:30 AM for the airport.

And now, without further ado, I give you:

O is for: Of COURSE There's an ABC Scavenger Hunt!

I love to find things. This morning I found that my suitcase was as of right now still devoid of any underwear at all. I mean who has enough undies to pack 10 pair before they acually leave? (Why are underwear called pairs?) So, while I did sleep well, I am up an hour before I needed to be at 5:30AM so my one last load of laundry can be done in order to get my undies in their assigned baggies. But beyond finding out that I was close to another Commando Adventure, I also love to find stuff in the parks. I have a lot of fun discovering new details and the Imagineering fine touches and thus have developed some nice scavenger hunts for myself along the way. I've done "things around the parks from A-Z", I've done a Boozy Hunt from A-Z, and one other than I can't even remember because it's 5:30 AM. This year I decided to do PLACES (or areas) from A-Z. I've made a list, as I always do, to guide my hunting and included more than one option in case I can't do one or forget along the way.

Here's the Official List for Scavenger Hunt 2019:

I always leave room for on-the-fly creativity so, for example, may exchange B is for Batuu instead of G for Galaxy's Edge- that seems more specific and accuate in some ways. :) Anyway, I'll keep this brief and bland so that I can slip in a final 2 sentence update:

P is for: Putting this TR Quietly to Bed

Until I return at the end of the month, adieu my Friends! Play nice, work hard, and leave me a frozen pizza for when I come home. I may put a FB photo up each day, but other than that.... over and out....

Last edited:
I realize there are 7 of you who I have outstanding replies for,
Wow! I can usually only manage mediocre or at best, adequate replies.
But you're going to give us outstanding ones!!! Woot!!
I work until 5:30 tonight, and until "Late" tomorrow, then the 2 youngest kids and I will take off whenever that is for Portland and hope for a few measly hours of sleep before leaving at 3:30 AM for the airport.
Ugh! Good luck with that.
Then again... Disney trip adrenaline will help, I'm sure. :)
This morning I found that my suitcase was as of right now still devoid of any underwear at all.
:lmao: Not again!?!?!?!!!
I mean who has enough undies to pack 10 pair before they acually leave?
Dedicated Disney travelers. That's who.
(Why are underwear called pairs?)
Because originally, pants were composed of two parts. One for each leg. So you always had a pair of pantaloons. Underwear also go on each leg (don't think modern), hence a pair of underwear.

Now...

Why isn't it called a pair of bra?
Until I return at the end of the month, adieu my Friends! Play nice, work hard, and leave me a frozen pizza for when I come home. I may put a FB photo up each day, but other than that.... over and out....
Have fun! Have a great trip! :goodvibes
Well, if you're a guy you put your pair of...erm...family board...you put your pair of legs in them. :p
:rotfl:

So it looks like you put up a bunch of posts and now are bolting on us. I'll just say I hope you have a wonderful time and can't wait to hear about it when you return!

In case I don't get back on before you leave, I just want to wish you a wonderful trip!
Hope you and the kids get some fun special time together:grouphug:
As always, I will be looking forward to seeing your pictures and to find out what pixiedust:you get lucky enough to get...again.. (and I will try not to be jealous:rolleyes:)
Save travels and enjoy!!

this morning we have a long trek to make from one Island home to another- from the warm waters of the Caribbean, to our equally tropical, but perhaps bit more deluxe, home in the South Pacific. Aloha, Baby! Does my grass skirt look extra? Does our water view make you jelly?

Yes, absolutely! I love the Poly :love:

The only thing that might possibly be able to entice me away is heading over to Trader Sam’s with my 21+s who’ve been asking to visit for quite some time. Sure, twist my arm. A new tiki cup? I’m down!

I love TS, too and have a small collection of tiki mugs from there. But didn't you just get some cool ones in CA? Your trip looked amazing!

I work until 5:30 tonight, and until "Late" tomorrow, then the 2 youngest kids and I will take off whenever that is for Portland and hope for a few measly hours of sleep before leaving at 3:30 AM for the airport.

Eek….too early!

(Why are underwear called pairs?)

Thanks, Google ::yes::

And I hope you remembered to bring yours!

As do I. :) You have to. (For the reasons you pointed out.)

YEP!
I'm planning to make that same comparison.

There are several Mac and Cheeses on my list... HomeComin' is another.

Of course you will. I'm not the least surprised Mrs. Wilderness Explorer.

;) Imma be a Wilderness Explorer on Saturday! 🚶‍♀️🦁🐵🦇🌎

I plan. But not as much as I used to. For a few reasons.

The AP sure helped me!

Well, definitely which parks I'll be in on any given day. FPs. And ADRs. Those are musts. Or you're not riding or eating.
(Unless all you want is quick service, which is absolutely fine!)
I have a list of "Disney things to try" that I've been updating for the past dozen or so years. Some of the things on it are gone, some things are new.

Correct, but once you're there, I sorta have some must-do's and let my feet decide.

There are loads of QSs I want. And so much, in fact, that I've threatened to do an entire trip of ONLY QS with the caveat of ZERO burgers, dogs, pizza or nuggets. I'm 100% positive it can be done, and done well.

No. It's not that expensive. I know. I thought about buying one.

But you never did? Why?

I know what you are talking about. ;)

;)

Parade. Hallowishes… and that's what I might want them to change... back to what it was if the new one isn't as good (which unfortunately, I've been hearing).
But the thing I look forward to most is... the atmosphere. I love Halloween and the whole park just brings that alive.
I've heard the same things. I wish they'd have just let excellent alone. I just watched Hallowishes in Cali and never cease to be blown away. Soooo good!!

I had chicken parm and their red sauce did me in. I don’t remember much else of their menu but I think there’s a mozzarella balsamic flatbread which isn’t my cup of tea but at least gets away from the sauce.

Both of those sound good, but what I order will definitely be a game time decision. I do like the sound of that basalmic flatbread- sounds good!
The refillable ones

AH! So, do you use them once you get home?

Planner here. I do a spreadsheet with all our parks, ADRs, FP, etc. I like your flip cards though, much more handy than a crumpled sheet of paper

I like the flip cards for the ease of taking trip notes. Easy peasy!

I’m honestly sad about the party. I know my last negative experience was self inflicted by my decision to stick with the girls for their two hour wait for Moana. But I really think I’m done with it. If I’m going to spend that money, I’d rather try one of the after hours events. Or maybe a dessert party because I’ve never done one.
As for what I’d change...go back to selling fewer tickets so it’s a better experience.
I just read the dessert parties went way up, some by as much as $20 more making them almost as much now as the Halloween Party. OUCH! Not worth it for me since I don't eat a ton of sweets but you never know. But yes, you're right! They need to be less crowded!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter