The 40th B-day Bash - Day 2 - July 17

BetsyAnn

Mouseketeer
Day 2- July 17, 2001 – BetsyAnn Turns 40 and Disneyland turns 46! Or can you stay at Disneyland from EE to closing!

We started the day on the 6:15 am shuttle to DL. Arrived right at 6:25 am and went into the park. Our plan – do Fantasyland before the crowds descend – get picture with Mickey Mouse in his house at Toontown, and eat Breakfast, and have B-day dinner at Blue Bayou. BetsyAnn is planning on staying the whole day; everyone else is thinking about naps or swimming. As we entered Fantasyland – the park looked brand new just like we were the first people to ever walk in the park – just the way Walt liked it and liked us to feel. We rode Dumbo, Peter Pan, the Carousal, Mr. Toad, and Alice in Wonderland – all without a wait. It was about 7:20 am.

Mom took the younger children to ride initially Small World – (not open for EE) then to Autotopia. The older people went to the Matterhorn. The line for Matterhorn was fairly long (probably the longest line of the day – save Indy). The group was to meet back at Toontown for picture and to let children play in the fun stuff. In line for the Matterhorn- it broke for a moment or two. DL is the only place I know where you get applause and shouts of joy when you fix something. If they changed the track on the Matterhorn – I could not tell. Still a fun ride and a pretty good coaster. Time for Mickey’s house. Rode Roger Rabbit – now has a bar, door and something underneath to stop ride if someone or thing gets under the cars.

Got our picture taken, and then headed to The Plaza Inn for the character breakfast. This is a buffet with the Pooh characters. Tigger and Pigglet where just wonderful. The food was normal breakfast fare – plentiful and good. If you have the magic feature and want to use it here it is just about $10 per person. Defiantly a must do for us. After breakfast, I made a phone call to a relative who was joining us for dinner. Dad went over to Blue Bayou to make reservations – first in line - Tip make sure you do this if you want to eat at Blue Bayou!

Off to Tomorrowland – Sebby wanted to ride the spaceships until he stood there and watched them for a minute then decided, “He would wait until he was bigger.” On our way back to Autotopia – Buzz and friends were out- along with the characters from Atlantis. I took the tickets and got Fast pass for Autotopia – must do with fastpass. The kids got autographs. As Mom and I were waiting for the kids to get autographs – talked to a CM who was very friendly and told lots of good stories. We still had a little time and rode the Monorail. Big change in the track. Rode Autotopia - It was now about noon.

Missy and I decide to stay and meet everyone else back at Blue Bayou at 4:30 pm. We rode Space Mountain – twice – got fastpass as we entered standby line and then with fastpass as we came out. Then over to Indy. The fastpass line was 3 hours out – standby 45 mins. Went stand by – waited about 25minutes to sit in car. We also did pirates, HM, Jungle Cruise and back to Indy. We looked at Splash Mtn – 4 hour fastpast and 120 minute standby – no way –

At 4:30 pm met at Blue Bayou- Seated at about 5:00 pm – I can’t say enough about this restaurant – Server was wonderful, food was great and atmosphere is peaceful and in another world. Rode some more rides, watched the parade – and at 9:15 or so went over to get place to see fireworks- as others have said – Just about the best. We were partially blocked by a tree but still wonderful. Everyone left but me and Dad – we rode Matterhorn, Star Tours, tried Indy – closed, HM and then it was time to close the park – Take the last train around the park from New Orleans Square. It was a great day.

Tips: IF it is your b-day get a sticker from Main Street – I was greeted often by CM and wished Happy B-day. Do small World – they announce your B-day coming and going. EE is a must with small children or big ones who want to do fantasyland. And you can do 17 ½ hours at Disneyland and hardly notice it!

Sounds like you had a wonderful Disney day - lucky you getting to celebrate your B- Day there. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter