The 2010 Baltic Thread--Cruise Tips and Planning

St. Petersburg was definitely more crowded than I expected. I was very disappointed with the "shopping tour" since the bus basically dropped us off at a store that was miles from any of the other stores, and due to traffic we had only had about 90 minutes to shop. The place was packed since there were about 20 other tour buses parked there, too.

I was very surprised (and very disappointed) that Brent was not our cruise director. Peter is nice enough, but doesn't have the same enthusiasm (or wonderfully sweet accent) as Brent. There was no sight or mention of Brent at all, and we all assumed he was on vacation. I'm curious to learn whether he was back onboard for the last Baltic cruise.

I'd already booked two Dream cruises while on the Wonder last April, so no new onboard bookings this time. Tried to talk DH into another, but he thought that having two already was plenty enough. For me, there's never "plenty enough"! :rotfl:

Oh No ... No Brent as I am looking forward to see him next week... now I just find out about it...:sad2:

Scottishwee35

Coming back to the ship from the trip to Peterhof my group's little van/bus got stuck in a big tieup on one of the bridges...nice view but I'd seen lots of it by then. The driver did a heckuva job getting through that mess though. Seemed as though they had a traffic signal out, just what you need in rush hour in St. Petersburg. Worse than Washington DC rush hour even. Massive busloads of people from the Italian ship that kept following us around (the ship, not the people), in the Peter & Paul fortress first thing when it opened in the AM.

The 7/18 blog says Brent reboarded at Stockholm as a guest on the previous cruise, also that Peter is continuing as cruise director.

Didn't book a new cruise onboard but did rebook my Alaska reservation.

Do you know if Brent just took a vacation and is back for the rest of the summer?

Brent was on board the July 6th cruise, however, he was on vacation. We saw him chatting and laughing with the crew on deck ten as we went under the bridge in Denmark. He was wearing street clothes. We asked someone later and were told that Brent's wife also works on board the Magic, which is why Brent was spending his vacation on board with her in their cabin.

That was a great first installment! I love Bath -- wish we had had time for a trip there this time across the pond. Seeing your photos from the first day on the ship gave me a twinge though, since that was the day we got off. What a sad day for me but a great day for you!

I hear you! We were really bummed when we got back to Dover from the 2nd Baltic. Believe me, I know how you feel. It does get better, but it takes awhile. We're still tracking the ship's every move!

Can't imagine what it was like to tour Berlin and St. Petersburg in that kind of heat. Was St. Petersburg still really crowded?

Also heard that Peter was your cruise director not Brent. Interesting because there was no mention of Brent switching on our cruise. Do you know if Brent just took a vacation and is back for the rest of the summer?

Did you book another cruise onboard??:goodvibes
Yes, Brent is on vacation. His wife, Yolande who was our Head Server told us. She is moving to the Dream, so I wonder if he'll be moving over there also.

Yolande was our head server. She is top notch. Peter was our cruise director and I wondered why Brent wasn't. I really enjoyed Peter but had expected Brent.

Yolande was our head server. She is top notch. Peter was our cruise director and I wondered why Brent wasn't. I really enjoyed Peter but had expected Brent.

I believe they do a rotation between the ships. I couldn't figure out how Pietro, in Palo, could remember me when I'd only been on the Magic once before, in 2007. Plus, he looked way too familiar to me also. I was told by one of the Palo waiters that Pietro rotates from one ship to the other about every two months, and he was on the Wonder during ouor last cruise on that ship also. Thus, the reason he remembered us and looked familiar to us also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!