MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to EMM on Sunday. We are a family of 5 with two boys and 4 month old. Two questions I haven't exactly seen answered:

1. If we are rider swapping on Mine Train during EMM, where can you stand if you want to swap quickly? Do the CMs let you come into the exit a bit with a stroller? I will mostly take the baby on one of the other rides or maybe grab some food at PVH (or do a diaper change....), but there might be times when we want to swap as quickly as possible. Also, it looks like it might rain Sunday morning, so it would be nice if we could wait inside the covered part of the exit, if they let us. I know this would usually never be considered, but maybe during EMM is an exception?

2. We are coming from All-Star Sports. We'll have a double stroller and a baby in an ergo, along with our DS6 and DS4. We usually drive to all the parks with all our gear, except MK we sometimes do bus and sometimes do drive/TTC/monorail or ferry. In our limited experience, it only takes about 10-15 extra minutes to park at TTC early and take the monorail, but what would you do for EMM? Are we safer to rely on the bus?

Thanks!

We went this morning (2 adults, 2 kids). Couldn’t have gone better and was absolutely worth every penny.

Did 7DMT six times by 8:20. Headed to PP and walked through the full queue (kids had never done it before) and did the ride twice. Headed back to 7DMT and did it four more times before 8:55. Ran over to Buzz Lightyear and did that once before heading to breakfast at 9:25. Crowds at Pinocchio House were light, and we took our time and were done just before 10.

Pretty spectacular way to start the day.

This actually really smart approach and I hadn't thought about it.. Pooh is a pretty easy to get 4th fastpass, so the strategy of focussing on the headliners and hitting buzz is really smart!

We are going to EMM on Sunday. We are a family of 5 with two boys and 4 month old. Two questions I haven't exactly seen answered:

1. If we are rider swapping on Mine Train during EMM, where can you stand if you want to swap quickly? Do the CMs let you come into the exit a bit with a stroller? I will mostly take the baby on one of the other rides or maybe grab some food at PVH (or do a diaper change....), but there might be times when we want to swap as quickly as possible. Also, it looks like it might rain Sunday morning, so it would be nice if we could wait inside the covered part of the exit, if they let us. I know this would usually never be considered, but maybe during EMM is an exception?

2. We are coming from All-Star Sports. We'll have a double stroller and a baby in an ergo, along with our DS6 and DS4. We usually drive to all the parks with all our gear, except MK we sometimes do bus and sometimes do drive/TTC/monorail or ferry. In our limited experience, it only takes about 10-15 extra minutes to park at TTC early and take the monorail, but what would you do for EMM? Are we safer to rely on the bus?

Thanks!

You won’t be able to enter the queue at all, anywhere, with the stroller. My DH and I swapped our then-18 month old son several times when we did EMM back in May. One of us took DS on PP or Pooh and then came back near the 7DMT entrance and switched there. It worked fine. I got to ride 7DMT 4x and DH got to ride 3x.

I don’t personally have a preference for how to get to MK. We happened to take the bus to EMM because we were staying at WL and it would have made no sense to drive to the TTC from there.

You won’t be able to enter the queue at all, anywhere, with the stroller. My DH and I swapped our then-18 month old son several times when we did EMM back in May. One of us took DS on PP or Pooh and then came back near the 7DMT entrance and switched there. It worked fine. I got to ride 7DMT 4x and DH got to ride 3x.

I don’t personally have a preference for how to get to MK. We happened to take the bus to EMM because we were staying at WL and it would have made no sense to drive to the TTC from there.

Thanks, this all makes sense and is good to know. We will probably end up doing the bus that morning, too.

Should I be able to book this online? I am super excited it is being offered July 22! For the first time in forever, my family will have an opportunity to experience this! (Sorry, I couldn't help it, LOL. I had decided long ago that EMM was just not in the cards for my family as it's never offered while we're there.) I try to select July 22, but nothing happens. It shows up like it's available, but when I select the 7:45 time, nothing happens. I wasn't sure if should be able to book online or if I have to call.

Should I be able to book this online? I am super excited it is being offered July 22! For the first time in forever, my family will have an opportunity to experience this! (Sorry, I couldn't help it, LOL. I had decided long ago that EMM was just not in the cards for my family as it's never offered while we're there.) I try to select July 22, but nothing happens. It shows up like it's available, but when I select the 7:45 time, nothing happens. I wasn't sure if should be able to book online or if I have to call.
I tried this just now and I was able to get to the booking screen and select who would be attending. Have you tried a different browser or clearing history? Sometimes that has worked for me.

I had the same problem but if you right click on the box with the 7:45 time after it pops up and I choose either open in new tab or open in new window then it would take me to the next screen.

This actually really smart approach and I hadn't thought about it.. Pooh is a pretty easy to get 4th fastpass, so the strategy of focussing on the headliners and hitting buzz is really smart!
Buzz is easy to get a 4th FP for too, ya know. ;)

Oh no!!! I didn’t think EMM would be sold out based on the info here but it appears that at 57 days out, our availability is sold out :( that’s a letdown!

Yikes, yeah.... that’s right before Easter. Tough time!

If I wrote something on the first few posts that led you to not thinking it would sell out, please let me know and I’ll change it. TY!
Nah- the trip itself is last minute in a way, and I literally just found out there was an EMM date this morning. Thanks for the informative thread.

If anyone plans to cancel a march 25 reservation I would be OVERJOYED if you’d let me know!

Has anyone had luck checking/ stalking for a cancellation for this event ?

Yes, I did. I originally booked for two of us, then my daughter and grandson were added to our resort reservation. There wasn't anything available at thirty-something days out. I kept checking and 2 spots opened up, but I had to call Disney dining reservations and spend some time on the phone to add them. I couldn't book online because it wanted to cancel my other two. Keep checking, something may pop up.

Has anyone had luck checking/ stalking for a cancellation for this event ?

I haven't had luck - I've been checking/stalking for about 3 weeks now for Feb. 4th - it sold out the morning that I was going to get ours! :-( I am so mad at myself! I'll keep checking though! We booked a Kona Cafe breakfast so if we end up not getting EMM I'll enjoy the mimosa flight with breakfast to ease the pain! LOL - first world problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter