MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went this morning (2 adults, 2 kids). Couldn’t have gone better and was absolutely worth every penny.

Did 7DMT six times by 8:20. Headed to PP and walked through the full queue (kids had never done it before) and did the ride twice. Headed back to 7DMT and did it four more times before 8:55. Ran over to Buzz Lightyear and did that once before heading to breakfast at 9:25. Crowds at Pinocchio House were light, and we took our time and were done just before 10.

Pretty spectacular way to start the day.

We went this morning (2 adults, 2 kids). Couldn’t have gone better and was absolutely worth every penny.

Did 7DMT six times by 8:20. Headed to PP and walked through the full queue (kids had never done it before) and did the ride twice. Headed back to 7DMT and did it four more times before 8:55. Ran over to Buzz Lightyear and did that once before heading to breakfast at 9:25. Crowds at Pinocchio House were light, and we took our time and were done just before 10.

Thanks for the report! Glad you had fun.

Also thanks for mentioning the PP queue. Were the effects in the queue fully functioning? I’m not sure I ever realized it was even an option to walk through during EMM, so that’s good to know.

Sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Does the photopass for 7dmt work during emm? I saw somewhere that it didn't, but didn't know if it was a one time thing or it never works st that time?

Thanks for the report! Glad you had fun.

Also thanks for mentioning the PP queue. Were the effects in the queue fully functioning? I’m not sure I ever realized it was even an option to walk through during EMM, so that’s good to know.

Yes, it was all working. We spent a few minutes in there completely alone. It was pretty incredible.

wss the carousel running by chance?

We are going to EMM in April with our 5yo and 2yo-- who is too short for 7D. We were hoping the carousel might be running for him. Have heard it sometimes is but hoping to confirm with someone who had been recently. ThNks!

Did anyone go to yesterday's (January 21st) EMM and come from off-site by any chance?

My in-laws are in Orlando at the moment and had booked to go to EMM, but they phoned the information line a few days before to ask how early the ferries or monorails would be running, only for the cast member to tell them that ONLY the buses for on-site guests would be running before 8am on Sunday, meaning that they would not be able to get to EMM for opening if they were coming via the TTC. According to my MIL, the CM also expressed "surprise" that an off-site guest was even able to book EMM, because they didn't believe it was available to them (which I KNOW is not true).

When they rang me later in the day, I told them that I couldn't believe that they'd been told that, but by then they'd already cancelled and got their money back, so there wasn't anything that they could do now (they went to Epcot instead).

I want to see if anyone can tell me if this was true or not, because if it was wrong, that's a really bad bit of information that this CM is giving out and someone needs to address it before other guests get given the same messages.

Did anyone go to yesterday's (January 21st) EMM and come from off-site by any chance?

My in-laws are in Orlando at the moment and had booked to go to EMM, but they phoned the information line a few days before to ask how early the ferries or monorails would be running, only for the cast member to tell them that ONLY the buses for on-site guests would be running before 8am on Sunday, meaning that they would not be able to get to EMM for opening if they were coming via the TTC. According to my MIL, the CM also expressed "surprise" that an off-site guest was even able to book EMM, because they didn't believe it was available to them (which I KNOW is not true).

When they rang me later in the day, I told them that I couldn't believe that they'd been told that, but by then they'd already cancelled and got their money back, so there wasn't anything that they could do now (they went to Epcot instead).

I want to see if anyone can tell me if this was true or not, because if it was wrong, that's a really bad bit of information that this CM is giving out and someone needs to address it before other guests get given the same messages.

Wow. Horrifically wrong information from that CM. So wrong on multiple fronts!

Granted I wasn’t there yesterday, but both the ferry and monorails run that early as a matter of normal protocol. In the unlikely event they aren’t running (weather, mechanical delays, etc), there would be buses running from the TTC to MK. FWIW, the Times Guide says the monorail started running at 7AM yesterday (which is a pretty normal monoral start time for a 9AM park opening these days).

Not even every on-site guest uses Disney transportation, many choose to drive.

One thing to also remember is it’s not just EMM guests at that hour... there are many folks with PPO ADRs and the like, plus Main Street opens to regular guests at 7:45ish-8AM anyway. All MK transportation options are well underway.

Sorry your parents got the runaround... really no excuse for that info from the CM.

Never mind, I just found my answer!

wss the carousel running by chance?

We are going to EMM in April with our 5yo and 2yo-- who is too short for 7D. We were hoping the carousel might be running for him. Have heard it sometimes is but hoping to confirm with someone who had been recently. ThNks!

FWIW, for every EMM I’ve been to, the carousel has been running. It’s not a published attraction so anything can happen, but it does typically seem to run at some point during EMM.

Wow. Horrifically wrong information from that CM. So wrong on multiple fronts!

Granted I wasn’t there yesterday, but both the ferry and monorails run that early as a matter of normal protocol. In the unlikely event they aren’t running (weather, mechanical delays, etc), there would be buses running from the TTC to MK. FWIW, the Times Guide says the monorail started running at 7AM yesterday (which is a pretty normal monoral start time for a 9AM park opening these days).

Not even every on-site guest uses Disney transportation, many choose to drive.

One thing to also remember is it’s not just EMM guests at that hour... there are many folks with PPO ADRs and the like, plus Main Street opens to regular guests at 7:45ish-8AM anyway. All MK transportation options are well underway.

Sorry your parents got the runaround... really no excuse for that info from the CM.

I was told at the front desk of WL that the ferry wouldn’t be running until 30 min before official park opening. We took a Minnie Van just to be safe.

I was told at the front desk of WL that the ferry wouldn’t be running until 30 min before official park opening. We took a Minnie Van just to be safe.

The water launch from WL typically does not begin operation until 30 minutes prior to park open.

When we stayed at WL and did EMM, we took the bus.

FWIW, for every EMM I’ve been to, the carousel has been running. It’s not a published attraction so anything can happen, but it does typically seem to run at some point during EMM.

Granted, I’ve only been to 1 EMM, but the carousel was not running at any point during it. Just wanted to throw that out as a caution to anyone who may be expecting it!

That is probably accurate for the WL/FW/MK resort launch. But the “ferry” from the TTC starts running early every day.

EMM Past & Current Date Information

This post will cover PAST and CURRENT EMM date information. "When is EMM offered" is perhaps the #1 most common question for many folks trying to plan their visit. The quick answer is that - since inception - the pattern of when Disney has offered EMM has been a bit all over the place, as you can see in the tables below.

That being said, there are a few consistent times where you are likely to NOT see EMM offered:

• Dates/times of year where pre-9AM regular park openings are more common
  • Holiday weekends or dates immediately around holiday weekends

View attachment 286227
View attachment 291816
View attachment 296168
View attachment 286230
Just wanted to say that I LOVE :love: this table... thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter