MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All - quick update, as of this morning, some July dates are now showing up in "blue" on the Disney EMM booking page. No time actually shows up when you click on the date, but in the past, a date turning blue is step 1, they'll make them bookable sometime in the next day or so.

The dates so far are:

Sunday, July 1
Sunday, July 8
Tuesday, July 10
Sunday, July 15
Tuesday July 17

Since the rest of July is past 180, that's all we can see for now.

I'd expect those "blue" dates to actually be bookable online in the next day or so.

Happy planning!

All - quick update, as of this morning, some July dates are now showing up in "blue" on the Disney EMM booking page. No time actually shows up when you click on the date, but in the past, a date turning blue is step 1, they'll make them bookable sometime in the next day or so.

The dates so far are:

Sunday, July 1
Sunday, July 8
Tuesday, July 10
Sunday, July 15
Tuesday July 17

I'd expect those "blue" dates to actually be bookable online in the next day or so.

Happy planning!

Thank you for keeping us updated! Can this be booked online or will I have to call?

The dates so far are:

Sunday, July 1
Sunday, July 8
Tuesday, July 10
Sunday, July 15
Tuesday July 17

Happy planning!
I was super excited to see that 7/17 was “blue” this morning!

How fast does EMM sell out? Do I need to be stalking the website 24/7 or will I be fine as long as I catch it soon after it opens?

Does anyone have an recent reports from Sunday or Tuesday?

Trying to get a feel for how often we are seeing ride closures... I know several threads blew up the boards lately about compensation for all rides being down. Still sounds like this is the exception rather than the rule.

How fast does EMM sell out? Do I need to be stalking the website 24/7 or will I be fine as long as I catch it soon after it opens?

Agree with @revdon64 above. Dates do sometimes (arguably oftentimes) sell out, but it's not instant. You usually have plenty of time... generally speaking. That doesn't mean wait around, but you don't need to be stalking it either.

Trying to get a feel for how often we are seeing ride closures... I know several threads blew up the boards lately about compensation for all rides being down. Still sounds like this is the exception rather than the rule.
The two major threads about a bad experience were in reference to the same morning - 1/9/18. Two of three rides offered were down for a majority of the event morning. A couple of reports from more recent mornings reported positively about the event. Seems the 9th was just a particularly unlucky day to have been there.

@Scooter2376 checked in from Tuesday: https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-“emm”-thread-–-mk-fantasyland-early-morning-magic-faqs-early-july-dates-added-see-post-182.3651152/page-9#post-58691013

There wasn't an EMM on Sunday, just the prior Tuesday (1/9) that was the one with multiple rides down where everything went sideways.

Personal opinion from following EMM comments and attending several times... ride closures or downtime can happen, but it's not all that common. You'll see occasional reports of a ride being down for part of the event - it happened to us for 7DMT awhile back. I can't recall ever seeing widespread reports of two rides being down for a substantial chunk of the event - I'd say that's not that common at all. Of course it's possible - as we saw last week.

The two major threads about a bad experience were in reference to the same morning - 1/9/18. Two of three rides offered were down for a majority of the event morning. A couple of reports from more recent mornings reported positively about the event. Seems the 9th was just a particularly unlucky day to have been there.

And unfortunately, you have first hand experience. :-(

We're thinking of taking our 2 boys to WDW this September. I (for some reason) was assuming EMM was not offered that time of year. Now, I see it is. I think we will do it if we end up going. It sounds great and I want to do a couple things I would consider "splurges" with our boys before they're too old to want to do them (EMM and MNSSHP). Our daughter's already there...sniff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter