Thanksgiving with Faith, Trust and a little Pixie Dust

Jillinwonderland

Mouseketeer
Just booked Thanksgiving for 3 people (Mom, my friend and myself) with the AP rate none discounted and included DP. We’ll be staying at POP (though this may change) from the 24th-27th. Mom has a military card and we hope to switch in September to use her 40% (as we were told) discount, she is already hoping to switch to the Contemporary or Boardwalk (thought's? suggestions? She has never stayed at a Deluxe before)

But we felt since it is Thanksgiving and we didn’t want to risk not staying at POP (her favorite Value) we would book now and change later should it be better. The CM who booked our reservation for POP said we are doing the right thing by booking it now and changing it later if we so choose because it is almost sold out over there.

After booking the room we decided it best to book our ADR’s, again we know how quickly things can fill up. Glad we did and it was the first time I ever needed a prayer and some pixie dust. Every year we go Mom only has one request as per dining. We know it is not part of the DP but we do not mind paying OOP for it and it is The Garden View Tea Room at the Grand Floridian. When I called to make our ADR’s for the trip, guess which was booked up for the entire length of our stay? YES, Garden View Tea Room.:headache: Now not only did my Mother look very upset, my friend who will be joining us also was very upset, she has been looking forward to the tea for about 7 months now. I called a few different times and finally I got one woman, who was amazing. I believe her name was Larissa or Clarissa, one of the two. Anyway when I told her it was the one place these two wanted to go to more then anything she worked for about half an hour before finally coming up with a day and time for us. What a lifesaver! I told her she just made them very happy and pretty much made our trip because I know my Mom would have whined a little had we not gotten the ADR. I was then able to book everything else we wanted for our ADR’s and got the last avaiable seating for Cape May Café on the 24th!

Our tentative plans and ADR’s are as follows

24th
Arrive no later then 2:30 pm and check into POP
Cape May Café for Dinner at 5
Go to Animal Kingdom to take advantage of EMH

25th
Up and out to Hollywood Studios by rope drop.
Have a late breakfast/snack
Take boat to Epcot
Chefs de France for Dinner at 4:30
Downtown Disney

26th
Up and out to Magic Kingdom by rope drop
Garden View Tea Room (which we consider Lunch/Dinner since it does fill you up) at 2
Back to Magic Kingdom (at which point my Mom will head back to the hotel for some R and R and my friend and I will continue on)
Head to Epcot for EMH and watch Candlelight and various Holiday story tellers

27th
Wake up and make sure we have everything then drive to the Grand Floridian for breakfast
1900 Park Fare for Breakfast
Head Home

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter