Thanksgiving day which park

It truly depends on what you are looking for, if you are looking for Thanksgiving meal offerings then Epcot would likely be a good option due to huge variety of restaurants to pick from.

My travel agent friend swears MK is the place to be that day because everyone will be at HS... but this goes against all my instincts. We're going to Epcot. For what it's worth, Touring Plans has every park 10/10 that day, so pick your favorite park, make a plan, and enjoy!

We have always avoided Magic Kingdom on holidays (e.g., Easter, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas). I remember searching for dining reservations on Thanksgiving and MK had much less availability than Epcot (but Epcot does have more dining choices, so I'm sure that played a role in the availability). Epcot on Thanksgiving worked really well for us last year. The park didn't feel crowded and we chose to eat at Biergarten for the first time, and it was a great choice because they had a mix of their everyday options AND traditional American Thanksgiving dinner. We were also able to see Candlelight Processional that evening - so it was a great way to get in the holiday spirit.

@Memorymakerfor4 - I would think that Hollywood Studios will be a nightmare everyday because of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. Obviously, we don't know 100% how that will impact crowds yet - but I am just going to plan to avoid HS as much as possible (except for rope drops and late at night).

I went in 2017 and went to Epcot after eating at the swan. We made our fast passes for when we arrived and had fun. It didn’t seem overly crowded to me, definitely manageable. I would think Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios would be the most busy

We did HS two years ago (it was not crowded at all - but that was pre-GE!) and last year, AK. It was also very manageable!

May do Epcot this year :)

After several Thanksgiving trips, I suggest AK or Epcot on Thanksgiving day. We love it that time of year. Enjoy! 😊

We have decided to rope drop DHS and then hop to AK. I wanted to do Epcot, but since they aren't starting the Festival of the Holidays until Black Friday this year, that was out.

The only experience I have is 3 or 4 years ago we went to MK on Thanksgiving morning. It was surprisingly not very busy in the morning. But we left about 1 and MS was packed. But we got there right after the opening show and got a bunch of rides in before lines got long. I remember looking at wait times after we went home and they stayed reasonable throughout the day. But that was just one time, I can't say if that was normal or not.

In 2016 we did MK on Thanksgiving day and had a great time. We arrived at rope drop and got a ton done. We left the park mid-afternoon when the crowds became a bit bigger, and then returned later in the early evening. We didn't find it bad at all, especially reading all of the posts that said you should never go on Thanksgiving day. Apparently earlier in the week, MK was terribly crowded. Maybe too many people are avoiding it making the other days worse!

We’ve always avoided MK on TG in past and have done HS. I would expect however with Star Wars opening it will be packed. The one year we did Epcot was pleasantly suprised and had a great time. Went to park early and had an evening TG dinner at WCC when we got back to WL. One thing we’ve noticed was MK was always packed to the brim on the Wednesday before TG every year

Last year we spent the day at AK on Thanksgiving and we had dinner at Boma. We had an excellent day did everything we wanted. I would have the same plan again this year if we were at Disney.

We have done EPCOT and MK and neither were terrible.
Our last trip, the parks were less crowded the week of Thanksgiving than I expected. Much less than during F&W.

I've said the same thing in other threads: the opening of Star Wars is a game changer and you can throw history out the window. That said, check dinning reservations and you'll see all parks will be very crowded.

We did Hollywood Studios last Thanksgiving day. It was such a fun time. We are going there again this Thanksgiving day, but I think it's going to be a nightmare. We have Yachtsman booked for dinner, so if it is too crazy we will move to Epcot.

Thanksgiving dinner at CRT, so that tells you where we will be on the 28th:) This will be our 3rd Thanksgiving (not in a row) at MK, we also did Epcot one year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter