Thanksgiving Day Football

No where in the park but plenty of places around the park - resorts, Disney Springs, etc

And if its not, then to each their own. Not everyone who goes to WDW loves doing so. Sometimes dads and other like-minded people need an escape from theme parks, so I don't see why anyone would give someone grief over watching football for a couple hours. Sheesh.
Show me where I gave anyone grief. My first post was about ME. My second post was about someone else talking about bonding hence the "maybe he meant to say "we instead of "I".

Show me where I gave anyone grief. My first post was about ME. My second post was about someone else talking about bonding hence the "maybe he meant to say "we instead of "I".

The remark below came off as sounding holier than thou because you choose to not watch sports when you're at Disney with your family. If that's not the way you intended it to sound, then fair enough. Some people have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to this subject because they think Disney should be a 24/7 family experience. Spending time watching football doesn't lessen the Disney or familial experience.

Totally agree. I'm one of the biggest sports fans ever but I am skipping all games if I am in Disney with my family. I will be checking on the score but that is it.

The remark below came off as sounding holier than thou because you choose to not watch sports when you're at Disney with your family. If that's not the way you intended it to sound, then fair enough. Some people have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to this subject because they think Disney should be a 24/7 family experience. Spending time watching football doesn't lessen the Disney or familial experience.
You sure read a lot into a statement I made ABOUT ME. I think I should be able to make a general statement about myself on here without being attacked and accused of giving another poster grief. I never once referred to the OP and said he shouldn't watch football or anything else for that matter. I think some people on here nit pick at every little thing that is said to (for some reason) try to start something. I have now said my peace on the matter and moving on.

We are huge fans of Liverpool F.C. and will take a break from the parks to watch the matches at ESPN Club. Fun place to watch a game, good beer selection, and decent pub food. But it can get crowded on big game days and that might be the case for Thanksgiving. We've tried to go a few times and been told the wait for a table was 2+ hours so didn't stay. I just looked for reservations and there's nothing available on Thanksgiving according to the Disney website. They offer something called "premium seating" but you have to call for that. Other best option is probably Splitsville. I've tried to watch games at Crew's Cup lounge and it can be tough because of limited TVs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter