Thanksgiving 2017

Texasscuba

God Bless Texas
My family and I completed our Disney World trip on November 25th (11/21-25/2017). It was a great trip where I got to see all see my children and grandkids in one place at the same time, this is a rare event.

We drove to Disney from Texas and stayed in the Caribbean Beach Resort. We were surprised with gift cards that just about matched the cost of our rooms for the week. We stayed in the Martinique section. Check-in went well, although it was later learned that we were not given information about our resort that would have been helpful. Information such as there was no baggage carts at our section, thus we had to make several trips to/from car. Me with bad knees, this was difficult, but we made it the best we could. The beach area in front of our room was not maintained well, one of the hammocks was torn to the point of being unsafe.

Our first day at the park was November 21 and we visited Magic Kingdom. Great weather, Disney’s app was also very useful. Crowds were heavy, but we were able to move at will and ride eight rides that day. We stayed from opening till closing. On another note, the busses state they start running 45 minutes before the park opens. The parked opened at 8am, we were at the bus stop at 6:45 am and the bus arrived at 7:30 am. We arrived at the park at 8:10am, we missed the rope dropped and such.

Second day was Animal Kingdom. The busses consistently arrived late thought out our stay, aggravating, but did not put a damper on our stay. Crowds were moderate to heavy, but we were able to see/ride everything we wished without over an hour wait. We arrived when Animal Kingdom opened and left around 3pm, kids wanted to swim back at the resort.

Third day, first day with all kids and grandkids. First two days were with half the bunch. Back to Magic Kingdom on Thanksgiving Day. I was surprised at how light the crowds were in the morning. We were able to just about walk on all the rides except the seven dwarf’s mine train (we rode it very late that night with little wait). Had reservation at the Crystal Palace. Food was ok. Was surprised to see large parties’ walkup without reservation and be seated within 15 minutes.

Forth day was at Hollywood Studies. Again crowds were light the first two hours and then got heavy quickly. Not as much to do as I remember in the past years. Left the park by 1pm, kids wanted to swim.

Fifth, last day, at Epcot. Grandkids loved Epcot. Had a great meal at the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall with the princesses. Left the park around 3pm, again kids wanted to swim.

I have been going to Disney since I was very young, first trip was in 1963. I have had great trips and a few that was just ok. I had my honeymoon at Disney World. I will say this time the negative I have is with the staff at Caribbean Beach Resort. I found several cast members to have the attitude that they did not care what was happening or just did not want to be at work that day. One lady was downright rude at the meal truck. Most were not smiling, it just brought down the atmosphere of the experience.

A note on my past post. The walking cane was the best idea I have had in a long time. And the question I had on bring a small knife into the park to open my medicine, it was not a problem. They classified it a medical assist device.

All in all a great trip. Lots of memories

So glad you had a chance to visit your kids and grandkids all together! I live 3,00 miles away from all of mine except my youngest 2 sons (in their 20's) and we only get to see each other all together at Christmas time (except this year :( .

I was wondering if the Caribbean Beach Resort is going to be getting refurbished soon. It always makes me sad to hear when either a resort isn't being kept up to par or the cast members aren't so magical (hopefully it was just a bad day and not the norm).

There was some construction close to the pool area. I would see and hear workers work. Other then having workers entering/leaving work site while waiting on bus, it was not a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!