Thanks Animal Kingdom Lodge

satman1962

Mouseketeer
We just enjoyed a quick 2 night stay on points in a value studio villa at Jambo House. Since check-out was 11am and our flight home was 9pm we asked if we could have a late check-out, so we could spend the day at the pool, and be able to use the room to change before the flight.

Although there was no provision to do this with the DVC room, due to DVC rules she said, the CM offered us a nice standard room to use for the day. She called it a "Nap Room"

Thanks Animal Kingdom Lodge!! It made our last day so much better!

Anyone else have similar experience with Nap Rooms?

Oh cool! I'm so glad you posted this! ;)

In November a friend and I are flying with our 6 kids (leaving the dads at home!) and I was just thinking about a late check out since our flight isn't until late!
Will have to ask about this for sure!

We were told this was an option by one CM at BLT but when i enquired further i was told it wasn't by another. Now you have said it happens I'll push harder next time.

I just asked the same thing - we have.a 2pm magical express. I was told no but now I'm asking again- thanks!

:confused: Really? Did you have to pay for the room? Why didn't they just offer to store your stuff at bell services and then you pick it up before your flight. I believe you, it just sounds kinda wasteful. DVC never allows late check-outs and I have never heard of this before...that is why I get my flight close to check out time at 11 a.m. so I don't have to wait around not having a room.

It is a great service but if it affects my dues in some way and is not given out equally to all members, it isn't fair to the membership in my opinion.

:) Were you staying in the value villa on points or did you pay cash, if you dont mind me asking.

:confused: Really? Did you have to pay for the room? Why didn't they just offer to store your stuff at bell services and then you pick it up before your flight. I believe you, it just sounds kinda wasteful. DVC never allows late check-outs and I have never heard of this before...that is why I get my flight close to check out time at 11 a.m. so I don't have to wait around not having a room.

It is a great service but if it affects my dues in some way and is not given out equally to all members, it isn't fair to the membership in my opinion.

If the room wasn't being used who cares. Someone might have to clean it but they are at work anyway. A couple cens for lights and maybe water. Oh wait a towel or two. I think it was a nic gesture.

I think it'd be a different answer each time based on occupancy and generosity of the CM. it's probably something that they can only provision once you are there and they know what is / isn't avail. I agree, if its available then why not- I'm glad they gave you some pixie dust.

As long as it doesn't prevent someone else from checking in because the resort is not booked to capacity, I don't see any issue with it! However, as mentioned, many times it may not be possible! During those times, pushing harder for a yes may still get a no and should get a No!

OP here.

I can tell you that we were in a value studio using points. On a whim we asked if we could check-out late, and you're correct, no late check-out for DVC ever. The CM said she would check inventory and told us there were over 100 open rooms she made a quick call, and she then offered us a standard (non-DVC) room just off the lobby. No fee what so ever. We were very surprised, but pleased none the less.

Can't imagine it's policy. Like a previous poster said, depends on availabilty and the CM I suppose

I think its wonderful you were offered this and got to enjoy it. These are the things I love about Disney! Little bits of pixie dust are awesome!!

We asked once because my son was sick the day we were leaving. They checked, got back to us and said we could stay in the room until 4:00. We had paid cash that trip (GF). I think the surprising part about the OP post is that you moved to another room. Was the room dirty from a previous guest? If not, that means the room had to be cleaned twice before the next guest stayed. I am surprised that was not an issue with housekeeping.

OP here.

I can tell you that we were in a value studio using points. On a whim we asked if we could check-out late, and you're correct, no late check-out for DVC ever. The CM said she would check inventory and told us there were over 100 open rooms she made a quick call, and she then offered us a standard (non-DVC) room just off the lobby. No fee what so ever. We were very surprised, but pleased none the less.

Can't imagine it's policy. Like a previous poster said, depends on availabilty and the CM I suppose

Hi satman1962

I am going in 3 weeks to a value studio and interested to hear what view you got and do you have any pictures ???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter