Thanks & a ??

parmtoo

DIS Veteran
Hello all!

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes! What a nice surprise that was..............
Well, we have finally started planning our next trip to FW, yippy!
We have to go in the summer now that the girls are in high school. Not to concerned about the heat, lived in Ga. for 8 years so we know it will be HOT. I would like info on the crowds and hours for mid to late Aug. My kids do not start school here until after Labor Day, so we could even go at the very end of the month.
Thanks in advance!

Well since no one has answered I will. If you don't mind the heat and bugs I think August is much better than June or July as far as crowds. Local schools start the first or second week of August here, so you might choose the last 2 weeks. Also the rains aren't as bad as they are earlier in the summer.
Not sure about the hours, I know in September the hours are cut shorter, but then there is no need for longer hours when you're not waiting in long lines ;) .

we went from Aug 15-29th this past year. I noticed that the parks were not as crowded as our visit the previous year in June for either of the two weeks we were there. The drop off in crowds for our 2nd week there (the last week in Aug) was immense! The last week in Aug was much more like what we have enjoyed in Sept and Oct. Of course we planned it as such so that we would be leaving as the GOBS of people would be arriving for labor day weekend.

- lori

Thank you both for the replies! I was really hoping you would say that there would be less crowds in late Aug...........Our favorite time to go is the 2nd week of Dec., but as our girls get older, it harder for them to miss school. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter