Thanking Jared from Grand Floridian

spyderskiss

Earning My Ears
When my father passed away unexpectedly I urged my mother to join us on our Disney Grand Adventure set for the first week of May. She flipped between going and not before finally comitting and acknowledging that the distraction of Disney World may just be the healing balm our small broken family needs right now.
My dad was an avid fisherman whose declining health meant he would look forward to spring but unfortunately he never even got his new boat in the water the past two years. My mothers life began to revolve around my father- his medical care and appointments. So now with his passing and spring upon us I am glad she chose not to stay at home alone.
This led me to a predicament I had not forseen. How to add a person last minute to our highly coveted Cinderella's Royal Table reservation. My mother was last in the world back in 2011 and we only did Quick service dining so the whole idea of the many character meals I had already booked for my daughter and myself were foreign to her. My wonderful travel agent helped as much as she could but CRT was booked for our entire week.
In steps my new friend Jared who is a server at Grand Floridian and who upon hearing my dilemma graciously agreed to contact the staff at CRT on his next shift. Meanwhile I kept calling and looking and trying anyway I could to simply secure another seat...you see I had already decided Mom was going to dine inside the castle even if it meant I gave up my spot for her to do so. Well this afternoon I got a private message from Jared who said his email had been answered and both the Head Chef & the Ara Manager at CRT had both agreed to allow me to add one more person to our table and ADR.
While it is not set in stone just yet. The fact that a stranger would hear my pleas for just one more seat in an already packed restaurant and take the time to go that extra rung up or down the ladder to help me out. This is truly what Disney Magic is all about because I know that I will forever cherish these magical memories even as we silently wish dad was there too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter