Thankful for DVC

tgropp

DIS Veteran
While planning for our Christmas 2024 vacation, I have a 2 BR at Boulder Ridge Villas from Dec 18’th through Dec 27’th. This requires 460 points which would cost approx $4,300 in DVC dues. If I would have booked directly through Disney the cost would have been $23,740. This is all in US funds. I only wish that I would have purchased before 2007.

I agree,,,we wish we bought more in 2011 and 2012 when dollar was par and the sales were down. But cant complain we have 420 right now,,,its good for us.
Would never have been able to go to Hawaii in 2021. 10 days 1bdrm 450 points.
Now that said,,,having DVC has cost us more since we do travel more then we might have. But that is a good thing to escape from here.

Also agree, but without a crystal ball our family wouldn't have invested more.

At the time we bought in, 2008, we were unsure about working around the kids' future schedules, how long our annual interest in Disney would last and whether the limitations of DVC would work for us knowing they would change.

What we also didn't realize was how enjoyable these trips would be for so long (our kids are still all in for coming) and the strong bond they would help create for us as a family.

We seem to be always out of points and still trying to take some time off Disney so we can bank for that Aulani trip!

Couldn’t agree more… our dues seem like nothing when comparing what we would for a cash room

We bought in 2011, dollar was at par and has worked out way better than we could have imagined. The variety of resorts and trips has been great. So many family memories.

While it is meaningless because I would never have done the trip below without DVC, I get a lot of positive ego feelings 🤑 when I look at my cost vs rack rate ❤️

Our August 2023 DVC trip - 11 nights in a 2 bedroom ocean view at Aulani.
Rack rate $2,160 per night plus tax = $28,000 (rounded)
Dues from my SSR and OKW points used for the 879 points ($6,982) plus room tax ($535) = $7,517
Roughly a 70% “discount”. All USD so add that exchange rate for the pain.

Man I wish we had bought years before we did (2021), however, in the 2+ years we've got our use out of our points. Our most recent trip we were bumped from a 2bd at VGF to a cabin at CCV, which was incredible. That "free" bumped cost us a whole lot as we are now awaiting the points to be loaded into our account from our new CCV contract! 😂🤪

We've enjoyed a trip to Aulani in a 2bd, as well as 3 trips in one year to WDW, all thanks to DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter