Thank you to.....

tiggr33

DVC '97
A big thank you to whomever posted the recipe a few months back for the taco soup. ( the super easy recipe of 2 cans each beans, corn, tomatoes, and ground beef and taco seasoning). I wish I could thank you by name (real or DIS) but without the search function, I cannot do so. I have made more of this soup the past month then I have any other soup I have ever made. So to whomever you are
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
Thank You !!!!!!

Stacey

Oh I'm so thrilled that you are enjoying this wonderful recipe. I grew up on my mom's chili and have tried endlessly to make it, but just can't. Since finding this a few years ago I now make this all the time. We love this and it's sooooo easy. It's also something that reheats well for leftovers. I almost always have the stuff on hand to make this too. Thanks for the thank you :D !!

Lisa

This sounds like something I could even manage. A question from a non-cook. Do you drain the liquid before adding the veggies & beans?

Thanks!

Lisa,
Thank you! Its nice to be able to give credit where the credit is due. I made yeat aother batch this morning.

Janette,
My answer is No to your question, liquid and all goes in my pot. I let it simmer a bit to thicken.

I am looking for a recipe for a girlfriends dinner this upcoming week. The lasagna soup recipe from this link sounds like I found it.

I'm putting the taco soup recipe into my file for the next time.

Thanks

Def. have to try both of these! Perfect season for them!

Yep I was curious also about the liquid for Taco Soup.....any additional liquid or just what is in the cans?

I would think the addition of any additional liquid would be dependant on the brands you use, and your tastes. I personally use, Hunts diced tomatoes, Green Giant low sodium Corn, and Progresso beans. (Well actually today I used all Trader Joe products, and used frozen corn and I didnt need any additional liquid). I bring my soup to a boil and then simmer about 20 minutes, and it thickens up nicely. I have also eaten the soup as soon as its come to tempature and it was more broth like, and still good. But I do prefer it a bit thicker.

I also make my soup Vegan. I omit the meat, and add a can of Black Beans, in addition to the kidney beans.

I don't add any additional liquid and it's a little thicker like chili rather than soup. I also adjust this recipe a lot for amount. It's so easy to add another lb of ground beef and double the canned ingredients or if you like more beans add more etc. So glad others are enjoying.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter