Thank you Julie and Disney Store

mommyceratops

<font color=red>Covets Clown School<br><font color
Thank you Julie! I love your store tours!!

I listened on my way to work tonight (at the Disney Store) and I have my Christmas shopping list started and almost done, I have never been to the stores in Canada!

I can not wait! Thanks for this pics Corey that sold me on Beaver Butt soap for my FIL. :confused3

I am looking for the perfect Disney baby gift for an unDisney family that needs a little Disney for their baby? Any thoughts?

Since you talked about it today on the show, I have worked seasonal at Disney store for over 10 years. About 2 to 3 years ago Disney sold Disney Stores to Children's Place (the clothing store) They have a side company called Hoop (Pooh backwards) that is on the name of Disney Store paychecks and office memos. A lot of the merchandise reflects what is sold at Children's Place store, just with Disney on it. (i.e. pajamas, jackets, girls clothing)

This season they so far they have had some cute clothes, but they still have far more misses than hits. The quality has gone down, since Disney owned them. I think they are trying but nothing will match the old pocket t's with embroidery.

Rumor was they bought it because they wanted to learn from Disney policies and reflect them in their stores.

The big difference as an employee and consumer is sales, Disney store only had sales a couple times a year now everything is on sale. A lot of the benefits of a Disney employee were lost, but you got a bigger discount in the clothing store.

Anyway not that you asked...I thought it was cool listening about it on my way to work.... :love:

Thanks for the lowdown on this -- I was curious as to what TCP was trying to accomplish by buying the Disney stores. I used to frequent them all the time in the past but usually don't even go in now because all they ever seem to have are plastic toys and low quality t-shirts (sorry -- don't mean to offend). Plus, most of it is geared towards small children and both my kids are teens now. It makes me sad that I can't go in and get my Disney fix anymore. :sad2:

I second the thanks to Julie! I want to do all my my holiday shopping at WDW this December, but I know not everyone in my family wants a character gift. I've already added Ice Wine and the scented soaps to my gift list for others.

Does anyone know if the Ice Wine can be shipped? I don't want to worry about it getting back home with me.

Thanks for the lowdown on this --, most of it is geared towards small children and both my kids are teens now. It makes me sad that I can't go in and get my Disney fix anymore. :sad2:

Hey Calypso...I agree about the product, it went down hill when TCP took over. They have some decent sweatshirts in there right now for adults. They are nice and only $24.50. I think it is worth checking out, we had some very happy guests in there today. The toys are so-so....electronics are one thing you do not want to buy there. PVC are ok.

There have been alot of changes in the past year. GO check it out, if you go to the one I work at I promise you will find some magic! Most of the CM's were there when Disney owned it.

Does anyone know if the Ice Wine can be shipped? I don't want to worry about it getting back home with me.

I believe they will ship anything home for you. I could be wrong but I believe that is true.

Thanks for another great Store Tours Julie. I have to admit I get a bit lazy when I visit World Showcase and visit the UK and just wonder around. On my next visit I am going to explore all these hidden gems :goodvibes

Keep up the good work guys :goodvibes

I loved the store tours, too, Julie. A lot of times it's hard to take the time to look at everything when you're with kids and you're rushing. It's nice to have you helping us point out a few good things to look for in the stores around WS.

Hey mommyceratops-looks like we're going to be there at the same time and same hotel!

I am so happy to be able to help all the shopaholics out there!:thumbsup2
You ladies are not the only ones planning to do their Christmas shopping on property. I have spotted several items that I plan to go back and purchase as gifts for some of my family members.

Keep a look out for me...I'll be the one with notebook and pen in hand at all times. :hippie:

I actually think that the Disney Store was good quality many years ago and when TCP bought them, the quality had gone downhill and that TCP brought some of that back. I don't care for the t-shirts, but some of the stuff is really cute. I've found some beautiful holiday dresses, too. I am lucky enough to live a short distance from the only Disney Store in the state of Iowa. TCP stands behind their quality, and if you aren't happy you can return it. I'm sure the same goes at the Disney Store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter