Texting??

I sure hope this is still the case when we sail on the Fantasy in April. I recently have a big project up and running, and should a server go down, I might need to buy the data plan to log in and fix some things. If people are able to text me, I don't have to use data to proactively check in to see if things are still running.

I sure hope this is still the case when we sail on the Fantasy in April. I recently have a big project up and running, and should a server go down, I might need to buy the data plan to log in and fix some things. If people are able to text me, I don't have to use data to proactively check in to see if things are still running.

It seems to be iMessage only that is free, not general texting. If you have an Apple product and dont understand the differences, it is only those messages that show up as blue on your device. If you have an Android product, it does not work at all.

Yup! I am on an iPhone, and the person who would contact me is as well.. so in this case, it would work perfect! :)

Yup! I am on an iPhone, and the person who would contact me is as well.. so in this case, it would work perfect! :)
Great! I know the term "texting" can encompass both Android and iOS and some people dont realize the difference. Wanted you to have a plan B if needed. :)

They really need to add Whatsapp. Delta has it free on their flights, along with iMessage. Otherwise, they are blocking out 87% of the marketplace from using texting and Disney's own app is pretty bad at delivering messages timely. I can't figure out why 13% market share takes precedence, unless it is somehow technically much easier to offer free iMessage than Whatsapp. But if Delta can do it, Disney should be able to figure it out.
For what it is worth, we were on the Fantasy about a month ago, and after I enabled all the notification options on the DCL app, it seemed to be pretty good at alerting me to both messages and other things in the app (ticketed events and events I had favorited).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter