• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Text Problem?

jwfla422

DIS Veteran/Philly Native
Why can't I seem to get my text to become larger, I tried that whole marquee thing from Mary Jo's post and I just can't get my text to change size no matter what number I enter nor can I get the marquee to work. How do I color my text and change the size as well (also tried that from Mary Jo's post and that didn't work either). Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Looks big and red to me. Seems like the size and the color are working. I think I see the problem with the marquee.

You have this code:

...&ltfont face="Comic Sans MS"&lt marquee>Charter Memb...

Try adding a > after MS" and delete the space between &lt and marquee for this:

...&ltfont face="Comic Sans MS">&ltmarquee>Charter Memb...

Bob

This is really strange, Bob, but what you told me to change it to, is what I already have. There must be something up with my computer or something (MAC), because when I view my post the text in my signature is the same size as the text in the body of this post (but it is pink). I'm going to check to see if it looks different in Virtual PC, but thanks anyway.

Looks like Mary Jo went in and did the edits to your signature. The moderators have the ability to edit those for you, but others can't. All I can do it look at them and make suggestions.

Since she did the edit, now the scrolling is working as well. When you first posted, I could see the size and the color but the scrolling wasn't working. With the edit that Mary Jo did, I now see large pink text with a clip art image, scrolling across the screen.

Bob, I have to tell you, I thought I was losing my mind... I just couldn't see anything that you saw except for my signature which was pink in the same sized font as the body of my post (and the cheerleader).

I couldn't see it in VP, so I tried my husband's PC, still the same, well, I'm assuming you're using Internet Explorer because I just thought I'd try IE and surprise, I see it now and boy was that font size obnoxious!!! I toned it down a bit (I think, I have to check it).

I normally use Netscape and it wasn't working in Netscape, isn't that interesting, thanks for your help.

People were probably thinking I was crazy with that gihugic (if there is such a word) sized font:p

Thanks DVC, at least now I know that I'm not going crazy. I guess there aren't too many Netscape users out there these days.;)

I used to have Netscape, but I think MS really promoted IE with their software, so a lot of people have IE.

I like the size of your siggy much better now, jwfla. :p

Oh boy, Mary Jo that prior siggy size was obnoxious, but I couldn't see it for the longest time, so I had no idea! Many posters were probably cursing me!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter