test 2

LisaTx

<font color=3366FF>Domestic Goddess<br>
posted 07-25-00 01:15 PM

MonaCK
DIS Veteran

Classes?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How would I go about fidning out information on taking a class? Is this something that a local craft store would have?
Mona

Don't wish upon a star - reach for one.

Life is like a song. It has it's uptunes, and it has it's ballads.
But as long as you sing in key, it will all be ok.

posted 07-25-00 02:22 PM

DocRafiki
DIS Veteran

TwinMom7,
what are photo splits?
Does anyone know if there are any rubber stamp ink pads that are photo-safe? And does anyone use stencils (or are these the same as templates) for decorations?

Jen, DVM
DEG since 1974 (1 yr old)
WDW CP CM Fall 1992
WDW CT CM 92-94, 96-97
TDS CM 97-98

posted 07-25-00 03:35 PM

LisaTx
Big Hair from Texas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen,
I answered your question in a new post.

Got to get lots of scrapbook treffic on the DIS.

Check out my new scrapbook pages at:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/lisatx/index.html

posted 07-25-00 04:02 PM

SueP
DIS Veteran

As a helpful tool, there are several good instruction books out by Hot Off The Press--one has a dark red cover, one is blue and one is purple. Each book discusses cropping and matting, what kind of things you need to start off with and how to use patterned paper (they sell Paper Pizazz, including Disney papers). There are also lots of sample pages in each book, and they have patterns in the back of special patterns use--I just did a fun page from Sea World using their pattern for Shamu. (Blue book, p 100). Another useful item I've discovered is "Plan a Page". There are four stencils that lay out a 12"x12" page with different shapes and sizes for photos and mats, plus areas for you to journal in. Oh yes--another really fun discovery is Chubby Letters from C-Thru (DeJaVu). The stencil set includes all the letters and numbers plus ? ! and '. They really are fun to use with photos--fits really well with 4"x6". I've spelled out Hollywood and Vine (lunch buffet), Shamu, Cinderella (the breakfast) and Mexico so far. Oh yes--penguins--on our backstage Polar tour at Sea World. Makes a great two page spread and really spells out what's going on!

suep@charter.net
CBR October 1994
Treehouse January 2000
ASMusic November 2000

posted 07-25-00 04:18 PM

scrappinmom_2000
DIS Veteran

IS Scrapbook - I just bought a starter kit today response
acid-free tape, acid-free album, some pages & protectors ... the rest will fall into place

posted 07-25-00 05:01 PM

Jessie The Cowgirl
DIS Veteran

Go back to Michaels and pick up one of the scrapbooking magazines that they carry. There are several titles out there, but my faves are
Creating Keepsakes and Memory Makers. There are 2 others ... Ivy Cottage Creations and Paper Cuts and they are good but not as super as Creating Keepsakes. If you study those magazines for a little bit, you can see how people do things (if you can't take a class).
One important thing to remember is that you should NEVER cut polaroid photos. They contain chemicals that preserve the photograph and once you cut the polaroid, you will do major damage to that photo. I know that those white bulky edges look yukky, but do not cut them off!

And, remember to use only acid and lignin free products in your scrapbooks.

The magazines are extremely useful in showing you what is out on the market and for ideas as well. I am a scrapbook magazine addict!!!!

HTH! Your pal, Jessie

posted 07-26-00 09:09 AM

mickey4ver
DIS Veteran

Creative Memories
I for one wasn't ever going to go to a scrapbook session and get that stuff, I just wasn't into it, yeah, right!!! I went to one and was hooked. I have a wonderful Creative Memories consultant.
She has scrapbooking sessions at her home, every so often, about once a month, on a Sunday. You bring your own album and whatever you wish, she supplies other supplies for you to use, die cuts, and colored paper, paper cutters, scissors, pens etc. She does charge if you use stickers or letter stickers. She has a fee of $2.00 per hour that you attend. But it is so much fun to be with others, (most are friends) to work on your pages and get ideas from others.

Hope this helps someone who is deciding to start scrapping! I basically use all CM products, and their idea books are worth the $10.,but I do love to go to Michaels and get extra stickers and other little goodies that I see. I agree that CM albums are about the best.

mickey4ver

P.S. My "kids" are 21 and 17, so I've had 21 years worth of sorting photos to even get started, but it is fun and brings back lots of memories.

posted 07-26-00 09:41 AM

DIS Scrapbook - Recommended Product
I'm normally just a lurker - love to read other peoples advice, unwilling to share my own...
But I just have to recommend Creating Keepsakes Big Idea Book of Disney Memories. It is packed full of really great layout ideas for Disney scrapbooks...Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

In fact, I bought this idea book as a birthday present for my sister, and ended up keeping it for myself.

You can order this book online at the creating keepsakes website (www.creatingkeepsakes.com). Just go to "Idea Books" under their shopping section.

Good Luck with your scrapbook!

posted 07-26-00 11:48 AM

LisaTx
Big Hair from Texas

Welcome acecile!
We're so glad you decided to join us. Please come back again real soon. Just jump in anytime.

Check out my scrapbook pages at:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/lisatx/index.html

posted 07-26-00 11:51 AM

TwinMom7
DIS Veteran

Sooooo glad to know that our scrapping posts "delurked" you!
"It's Time to Remember the Magic"

Patty
Visit Patty's DIS Website

Dixie Landings-1996,1997,1999
Yacht Club-September 12-16, 2000

posted 07-26-00 12:15 PM

MonaCK
DIS Veteran

Woo Hoo! A post I made made someone delurk!
Mona

Welcome!

Don't wish upon a star - reach for one.

Life is like a song. It has it's uptunes, and it has it's ballads.
But as long as you sing in key, it will all be ok.

posted 07-26-00 03:21 PM

Ladyn
DIS Veteran / Virginia is for Lovers!

WOW, This scrapbook idea sounds great. My only problem is where to begin. The problem? Well, I have been taking pics. and storing them in a dresser drawer. I don't mean just a few pics. I am talking about pics for the last 15 years and from 7 children....Gee, could I possibly get thru all of my pics? I have never heard of attending some of the parties, do the stores hold them? aggghhhh so many choices so much to do!
Pixy dust to dream
away if only for a
moment/I><

posted 07-26-00 06:18 PM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts