Terra Nova Guy and the Raiders of the Lost Park - an August 2018 TR *COMPLETE* 4/28

This is something I have never been on, never even laid eyes on it! :confused3
If you aren't claustrophobic, it's worth going on the green side (or orange if you don;t mind spinning and pulling a few G's), just to say you did it. It's the first time I did it in 10 years and it's not a must-do every trip. It's more of a "we did everything else and we have time" thing.

I think your shirts came out good! I attempted to make shirts for MNSSHP one year...... and burned the iron-ons. So you guys did better :thumbsup2
Thanks. We've tried iron on before too..and burned those. So you're not alone!

Brianna had asked for a basic pepperoni pizza. Instead, she was forced to wrestle with a monster slice. Seriously, that thing was huge – as big as her head!

Holy crap, that is huge.

I opted for a Barbecued Pork Sandwich with house made chips. I was expecting a pulled pork style sandwich. What I got was my worst meal of the trip.

That does indeed look pretty nasty. Come to Delaware sometime, I'll hook you up with some proper BBQ.

Well All-Star Music food court, you can take your “pulled pork” sandwich and stick it up your Alien Swirling Saucer (if you’re tired of that joke by now, too bad, it’s my trip report and often the 13 year old boy in me takes over).

Not at all! In fact, I'm now stealing it for my own use. :rolleyes1

As for the shirts themselves, they turned out OK, with varying degrees of success. Brianna’s looks more like a Batman than a Mickey and none of us used enough dye to get a good colour (tip: if you do tie dye, you need to drown the fabric!).

They look fine to me!

Undeterred, we entered the FP queue and were soon dashing around Andy’s backyard. I still can’t get over how much fun this ride was. It was just as good the third time around as the first.

That is a fun one. Wish I could have had more than one ride. Thanks FP tiers! :headache:

What luck – we were in the last train before the ride shut for rain!

Nice!

I had always been nervous about this coaster, and in fact our previous 2014 trip was the first time I rode. I like roller coasters when I can see the track – and I know there are no big drops. I don’t like drops. I never have.

I'm right there with you. I'll probably be saying a lot of similar things in my next chapter.

I’m always impressed with the poses many of you do in ride photos. I was hoping to something cool. I did quite the opposite. My mind gets the better of me, so it’s more of a “Son of Jor-El what in the sweet name of Krypton are you about to do?!” kind of look.

I think it looks more like you just woke up.

I know many of you like ToT. Many of you must also be nuts.

::yes:: Seriously. What is wrong with people?

I can do RnRC or Everest when there’s a bit of a curve to the drop. Straight down? No thanks.

That's exactly it. For some reason, a curve makes it so much more bearable. I hate feeling like I'm going to fall out of the ride.

upload_2019-1-6_13-27-11-jpeg.373780

Nice shot!

So, did we enjoy it? Well…meh?

Well...crud. Still, ice cream.

1. We have a lunch ADR in Disney Springs. It’s a place we have never been, and it opened since 2014. Which restaurant?

The Boathouse?

2. It’s MNSSHP night! I may have mentioned it somewhere before, but is this our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th Halloween party (ever)?

I'll go with the 2nd.

3. Do we wear normal clothes to the party, or do we have costumes (yes, matching shirts count as costumes)?

If matching shirts count, I'll say costumes.

That does indeed look pretty nasty. Come to Delaware sometime, I'll hook you up with some proper BBQ.
I would love decent BBQ.
I've had Texas BBQ before. Isn't there some East vs West, or maybe North vs South type of BBQ? I don't know it as well as I would like.

Not at all! In fact, I'm now stealing it for my own use. :rolleyes1
Steal away. We can never have too many teenage boy jokes around here.

That is a fun one. Wish I could have had more than one ride. Thanks FP tiers! :headache:
I know. The only way we got the first rides was waiting in fairly long lines (40-60 minutes each). We thought it was worth it, but I certainly wouldn't do it for just any ride.

That's exactly it. For some reason, a curve makes it so much more bearable. I hate feeling like I'm going to fall out of the ride.
Nice to hear there's someone else out there who feels like me.

Much of my lunch ended up in the garbage, where it belonged.
I would agree, does not look good at all!

Of course, since we had our matching shirts, we had to take a Photopass opportunity on the way to TSL.
Great picture!

I still can’t get over how much fun this ride was. It was just as good the third time around as the first. At the end of the ride, our car stopped in front of Wheezy for longer than our previous rides. A few rain drops began to fall. We also noticed that no other cars were running on the track behind us. What luck – we were in the last train before the ride shut for rain!
Awesome! So glad you enjoyed it!

For the benefit of Liesa @Steppesister I remembered to look for your Hidden Mickey in the water fountain but I couldn’t figure out how to get a selfie with me and the fountain in that crowded space in front of the bathroom, so you’ll just have to take my word for it J
Must look for that Hidden Mickey this summer!

I also enjoyed sitting back, having a drink, and relaxing a bit, which I often don’t get the chance to do in the middle of the park. It also gave me time to take a picture of ToT with a cool looking sky.
That is a great picture!

Next Update Questions for Fun:

1. We have a lunch ADR in Disney Springs. It’s a place we have never been, and it opened since 2014. Which restaurant?

2. It’s MNSSHP night! I may have mentioned it somewhere before, but is this our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th Halloween party (ever)?

3. Do we wear normal clothes to the party, or do we have costumes (yes, matching shirts count as costumes)?
1. Homecomin'
2. 2nd
3. Costumes!

That is a serious slice of pizza. While I'm not sure I'd actually want to eat Disney pizza I'll give them points on size because sometimes it does matter :P

upload_2019-1-6_13-20-55-jpeg.373776

Well All-Star Music food court, you can take your “pulled pork” sandwich and stick it up your Alien Swirling Saucer (if you’re tired of that joke by now, too bad, it’s my trip report and often the 13 year old boy in me takes over). Much of my lunch ended up in the garbage, where it belonged.
Oh no that just looks and sounds horrible.

Your shirts are great. We have some tie dye stuff from a gift someone gave Casey. This is a great idea of what to do with it.

was hoping to something cool. I did quite the opposite. My mind gets the better of me, so it’s more of a “Son of Jor-El what in the sweet name of Krypton are you about to do?!” kind of look.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Many of you must also be nuts. Not happening for me. ToT is the only ride in WDW I haven’t done, and never will do. I can’t handle that drop. I can do RnRC or Everest when there’s a bit of a curve to the drop. Straight down?
Its not my favorite either, but I'll do it. Jason on the other hand is just like you. I conned him into once like 20 years ago and will never forget the shear terror in his screams. I think you can actually still here them in there :-) Lesson learned for us both

The family in the front row is beyond perfect!!!!!!

Holy cow, that is an enormous slice of pizza!!!

Very cute with the matching tie-dyed Mickey shirts!

I absolutely LOVE RnRC! The launch always catches me off-guard and it takes me a while to catch my breath. lol It's one of my favorites! Have you ever gone through the ToT queue at least to see the theming? It's very cool!! And then you can take the chicken exit. Which is an elevator...so I find that a little funny. :rotfl:

We went to B&C for the first time in 2017, and we really enjoyed the sundaes! But we didn't have anything to really compare it to. Sorry it wasn't what you'd been looking forward to.

Have you ever gone through the ToT queue at least to see the theming? It's very cool!! And then you can take the chicken exit.
I haven't, but I really should do that. I've seen a few pictures of the hotel and it does look impressive.

I opted for a Barbecued Pork Sandwich with house made chips. I was expecting a pulled pork style sandwich. What I got was my worst meal of the trip.

Gross. Just...ew!

Well All-Star Music food court, you can take your “pulled pork” sandwich and stick it up your Alien Swirling Saucer (if you’re tired of that joke by now, too bad, it’s my trip report and often the 13 year old boy in me takes over). Much of my lunch ended up in the garbage, where it belonged.

It never gets old. Disney really outdid themselves this time.

Love this shot of you 4!

Undeterred, we entered the FP queue and were soon dashing around Andy’s backyard.

Wohoo!! I love the theming on this one.

What luck – we were in the last train before the ride shut for rain! Sadly, we did not get our ride pictures.

Score! And, it cleared out the area for a less crowded bit of time back in there.

My only regret is never having our schedule work out to see it lit up at night.

Neither have I, and not even sure when it'll get to happen. Maybe September...?

I was hoping to something cool. I did quite the opposite. My mind gets the better of me, so it’s more of a “Son of Jor-El what in the sweet name of Krypton are you about to do?!” kind of look.

:rotfl2::laughing::lmao:

Clearly I survived, and it was even (a bit) tamer and more enjoyable than I remembered. For the benefit of Liesa @Steppesister I remembered to look for your Hidden Mickey in the water fountain but I couldn’t figure out how to get a selfie with me and the fountain in that crowded space in front of the bathroom, so you’ll just have to take my word for it

You did!?! Awww, :hug:

I'm telling you... IT IS ONE! I never did hear back from Steve Barrett... sad :(

In the meantime, Katie and I did our usual “wait for mom and sis on ToT” ritual – get ice cream from Hollywood Scoops and sit on the corner across from ToT. Except we didn’t want ice cream tonight (you’ll understand why very soon). Katie just wanted an ice water and I noticed a rum cocktail on the menu. Never one to turn down a girly drink with rum, I really enjoyed the Captain Morgan Fruit Punch Cocktail. I also enjoyed sitting back, having a drink, and relaxing a bit, which I often don’t get the chance to do in the middle of the park. It also gave me time to take a picture of ToT with a cool looking sky.

upload_2019-1-6_13-27-11-jpeg.373780

I'm not sure what's better... that photo, or your cocktail. Sounds yum!!! But, wow, that sky!

Great photo!! Sorry it didn't knock your socks off, but I love your shirts and the smiles!

1. Tonight is finally time to use our Slinky Dog Dash FP. Unfortunately rain closes the ride. But, is this before or after we try to ride? It closed for rain right after our ride.
2. Have you been paying attention? We’ve now met 9 of the 11 official Disney Princesses. Which two are left to meet? (And if you have the time and determination to go back through the XX pages of this TR, bravo! You’ve earned this answer!) Pocahontas and Merida
3. We have an ADR later tonight. We leave Hollywood Studios to go to this place, so it’s somewhat close by. Which restaurant? Beaches and Cream

Heh, I think I actually got a 3/3 on the last round. So a 1st for me.

1. Jock Lindsays? Cocina Frontera? OR?

2. 2nd

3. Matching shirts.

It never gets old. Disney really outdid themselves this time.
I'm glad it hasn't gotten old - I am pretty sure there will be at least one more in this TR before I'm done :p
I'm sure Disney is aware of these type of forums and how we all abbreviate things. You'd think they would have thought about that before naming that ride. How hard would Alien Twirling Saucers have been? Not as fun though.

You did!?! Awww, :hug:

I'm telling you... IT IS ONE! I never did hear back from Steve Barrett... sad :(
I really did. Too bad you didn't hear anything back about it. I even searched his website and couldn't find it referenced.

I'm not sure what's better... that photo, or your cocktail. Sounds yum!!! But, wow, that sky!
The sky was wonderful, as was the cocktail. I don't know what was in it since it was just one of this pre-mixed fountain cocktails, but I liked it.

Great photo!! Sorry it didn't knock your socks off, but I love your shirts and the smiles!
We were very happy to be back at Beaches & Cream. And it wasn't a bad experience. Just not WOW.

Heh, I think I actually got a 3/3 on the last round. So a 1st for me.
You were very close - you said Tiana and Pocahontas, but it's Merida and Pocahontas. Maybe 2.5?
I might go back and do up some kind of scores when all this is done. Just for fun. I didn't want to say it was a "contest" but it would be fun to see how everyone did.

I'm glad it hasn't gotten old - I am pretty sure there will be at least one more in this TR before I'm done :p
I'm sure Disney is aware of these type of forums and how we all abbreviate things. You'd think they would have thought about that before naming that ride. How hard would Alien Twirling Saucers have been? Not as fun though.

I"m not entirely certain they didn't do it on purpose. The Imagineers do all kinds of crazy stuff just for fun!

I really did. Too bad you didn't hear anything back about it. I even searched his website and couldn't find it referenced.

I should email and ask again. I need my name to go down in history somehow!

:rotfl:

The sky was wonderful, as was the cocktail. I don't know what was in it since it was just one of this pre-mixed fountain cocktails, but I liked it.

I generally don't care for those, but would sure be willing to try that one! Rum is delicious!

We were very happy to be back at Beaches & Cream. And it wasn't a bad experience. Just not WOW.

I've only been once, and my burger was decidedly meh. Just a fast food burger and nothing more. The theming is super cute and I'd definitely go again for ice cream and I've heard the grilled cheese is pretty good. :)

You were very close - you said Tiana and Pocahontas, but it's Merida and Pocahontas. Maybe 2.5?
I might go back and do up some kind of scores when all this is done. Just for fun. I didn't want to say it was a "contest" but it would be fun to see how everyone did.

Dang it!

Well, I'm still in, and waiting for my really awesome, knock my socks off prize at the end when I blow my competition out of the water.

;)

August 24th – Day 7, Part 1 – Homecomin’: take it with a grain of salt

Due to MNSSHP coming up that night, we planned to relax in the morning and then head over to Disney Springs to check out everything that had opened since our last visit 4 years ago. But somewhere along the way, there apparently was an urgent need to re-visit the Vineland outlet for more shopping. Apparently DW heard there were some items left on the shelves that we hadn’t already purchased :sad2:

Anyway, our relaxing morning began with a hearty breakfast at the Intermission food court.

upload_2019-1-13_13-59-19.jpeg

upload_2019-1-13_13-59-43.jpeg

The girls had their staple Mickey waffles. You really can’t go wrong with those.
There was also a cinnamon roll in the mix, because 1. vacation 2. free dining plan.
I had the Breakfast Burger - Angus burger, American cheese, bacon and egg on a plain bagel with tater tots which had intrigued me all week. I’m not opposed to having a larger breakfast, but this thing was HUGE. It proved to be underwhelming since the burger was dry and bland – which has been my typical experience with Disney QS burgers. I really don’t understand why they can’t figure out how to make a decent burger. I generally don't get them at WDW.

Anyway, we left the resort and headed to the Vineland outlet. I only know we did this because it is written in my notes. I honestly have no recollection of it. Or I just blocked the experience from my mind. One of those things. I can only assume more items were purchased to weigh down our already crowded suitcases.

Thankfully for me, we had a time constraint since we had a 1:00 lunch ADR for Homecomin’. We arrived at the Lime Garage just in time and navigated our way through unfamiliar territory as quickly as we could. We were seated at Homecomin’ right away. I was really looking forward to this meal since I had read so many good reviews. It even received the prestigious Drooling Homer Award™ so it must be good. The interior design is very cozy and relaxing.

upload_2019-1-13_14-2-29.jpeg

While we were waiting for the waitress to take our order, the lady at the table next to us was taking a picture of her food. DW and the girls were amazed by this, the fact that other people actually did that. I think up to this point they thought all my trip reporting was some kind of elaborate dad joke.

I wanted to start with a cocktail because it’s always 5:00 on vacation. I chose the RumShine Punch - strawberry RumShine, blackberry brandy, banana liqueur, pineapple juice and house-made grenadine. It was strong, but I enjoyed it.

Tish and Katie both had the chicken and donuts, with Katie substituting mac & cheese for mashed potatoes.

upload_2019-1-13_14-5-26.jpeg

upload_2019-1-13_14-5-42.jpeg

Brianna got some kind of boring chicken sandwich but also got mac & cheese.

upload_2019-1-13_14-6-9.jpeg

I went for the fried chicken but following @Captain_Oblivious Mark’s advice, also subbed the mac & cheese.

upload_2019-1-13_14-7-53.jpeg

That mac & cheese was awesome. I would have been happy with just that and my rum cocktail. The fried chicken was very crispy, but as I was eating, I noticed how salty it was. Now, I generally don’t mind a bit of salt. But this was like it had been left in brine for a full day (and FYI, I know what that tastes like because I’ve made that mistake before). I got halfway through that piece and wondered if it was all like that. I had a bite of a different piece and it wasn’t as salty. I tried Katie’s too (because – spoiler – she couldn’t eat it all) and hers wasn’t as salty. So I don’t know what happened there. Was it a stray piece of chicken that got left in the buttermilk/brine too long? No idea, but it put a bit of a damper on my lunch.

The other thing about Homecomin’ is that it was too much food. We definitely could have split two entrees between the four of us for lunch. When I got the bill, I wished we had done this. It’s not cheap. So, overall the girls enjoyed their food, and I loved the mac & cheese and the not-so-salty chicken. I would go back to Homecomin’ partly to see if my salty chicken was just a one off thing, but I would also order less food.

Anyway, we rolled ourselves out of the place and had hoped to explore Disney Springs a little. Let me just say WOW this placed has changed so much in 4 years. I had little concept of where any of the older places were, it all looked so different. Due to our return visit to the outlet mall that morning, we did not have as much time to explore as I had hoped. We made a quick stop at World of Disney, but I don’t recall if we bought anything. Chances are good that we did. Either way, we had to get back to the resort. There was a lot to do.

First, I had to return the rental car. Our last few days were being spent at MK (better not to take a car) and AK (close to ASMu). In the interest of saving a few bucks, I decided a rental was not as necessary on these last few days. I drove over to the Alamo car care center outside MK, dropped off the car, and took their courtesy shuttle back to ASMu. I’ve done this before and it’s very efficient.

Next, it was time to get on our “costumes”. We had talked about different ideas, like each being our favourite character, or Disney bounding as a group like The Aristocats, but we couldn’t decide and in the end just had matching shirts made. Not very original, but considering the party was in August in sweltering heat, it was the more practical choice. And I’m still calling that a costume.

upload_2019-1-13_14-10-31.jpeg

Before we actually get to the party, I want to give you a quick recap of our previous MNSSHP experiences.

In 2010 – on my birthday no less – we attended our first party. This was an amazing experience. The crowds were light (and FYI it was in late October), most rides were a walk on. I remember seeing the parade in Frontierland with hardly anybody around us. We ended the night doing a triple loop on Big Thunder Mountain (as in we just sat on the train and went around three times). It was nothing short of magical.

Our next experience was 2014. I had made a mistake that night by planning the party on our first day in Disney, never considering that our room may not be ready early. Long story short, it was after 4:00 before our room was ready, we had to unpack all our luggage, change into costumes, have supper. By the time we arrived at the party it was 8:00 and well into it. We tried to salvage the night by skipping the first parade. We met Mickey and went trick or treating instead. Well, the second parade was slammed with people – the opposite of what I had often heard. We had no choice but to see what we could of the parade in the back of a 6 or 7 person deep crowd in Liberty Square. That night was simply a frustration.

So, before this trip we hadn’t planned on MNSSHP, partly because of our last experience and partly because I had to watch spending. The more we thought about it, the more we felt like we needed a do-over. So that’s how we ended up at our 3rd MNSSHP. But will it be magical or tragical?

I think I will leave you here, dear readers, since I have too much to get into for one update. (I know, I know, some of you thought I would never shut up…)

Answers to last questions:

1. We have a lunch ADR in Disney Springs. It’s a place we have never been, and it opened since 2014. Which restaurant? Homecomin’
2. It’s MNSSHP night! I may have mentioned it somewhere before, but is this our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th Halloween party (ever)? 3rd
3. Do we wear normal clothes to the party, or do we have costumes? Matching shirts “costumes”

1. We meet a character at MNSSHP. Which one?

2. Spoiler – there is a wait for that character. How long do we wait – 1 hour, 1.5 hours, 2 hours, more than 2 hours?

3. We watch the 2nd parade. From where do we watch it?

Last edited:
But somewhere along the way, there apparently was an urgent need to re-visit the Vineland outlet for more shopping. Apparently DW heard there were some items left on the shelves that we hadn’t already purchased :sad2:

:sad2:

I really don’t understand why they can’t figure out how to make a decent burger. I generally don't get them at WDW.

I can get a GREAT burger any day of the year and spend $20 less. I think I'll stick with the plan of never, ever getting one at WDW.

Thankfully for me, we had a time constraint since we had a 1:00 lunch ADR for Homecomin’.

Phew! Saved by the food!

While we were waiting the waitress to take our order, the lady at the table next to us was taking a picture of her food. DW and the girls were amazed by this, the fact that other people actually did that. I think up to this point they thought all my trip reporting was some kind of elaborate dad joke.

:laughing:

Yeah, it's a thing. LOL! We all do it.

I wanted to start with a cocktail because it’s always 5:00 on vacation.

Correct. Might I suggest you up your game next time and get a Dawa Mary at AK for breakfast? They're available in Bloody Nose Alley. ;)

The other thing about Homecomin’ is that it was too much food.

Good information!

After your review, I did change my plans in Sept for going there with the kids. We were going to get Earl of Sand and just watch outdoor entertainment, but I think I'd like to try this place. Might still go back to EOS but, the chicken sure does look good!

And I’m still calling that a costume.

OF course they are!!

We ended the night doing a triple loop on Big Thunder Mountain (as in we just sat on the train and went around three times). It was nothing short of magical.

Niiiiice!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

That night was simply a frustration.

I can totally see that. I'd feel like I'd wasted a lot of money and would have been frustrated too!

But will it be magical or tragical?

Hmmm.... ???

2. Spoiler – there is a wait for that character. How long do we wait – 1 hour, 1.5 hours, 2 hours, more than 2 hours?

Jack and Sally

More than 2

Frontierland

Homecoming is so much food. We were on the deluxe plan so we didn't share but if we go back I would just get appetizers. Bummer your chicken was so salty.

DS is ever changing! I'm sure it was quite different for you

You totally need to try Homecomin' again!!!! I agree the portions are HUGE!!! When we eat there, Joe and I always agree to split something and then we don't, because our eyes are bigger than our stomachs. We also tend to drink a little too much here EVERY time!!!:P But, is that a bad thing???

Due to MNSSHP coming up that night, we planned to relax in the morning and then head over to Disney Springs to check out everything that had opened since our last visit 4 years ago
I had no idea you were at the party. We were there too!!!!!!

But somewhere along the way, there apparently was an urgent need to re-visit the Vineland outlet for more shopping. Apparently DW heard there were some items left on the shelves that we hadn’t already purchased :sad2:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: They may have collectively done more shopping during your trip then I've done over the last 12 months :P

While we were waiting the waitress to take our order, the lady at the table next to us was taking a picture of her food. DW and the girls were amazed by this, the fact that other people actually did that. I think up to this point they thought all my trip reporting was some kind of elaborate dad joke.
That is too funny. I"m rarely aware of what is going on at tables around us, but I always take my pictures as quickly as I can for fear of the eye rolls coming my way :rolleyes1

upload_2019-1-13_14-7-53-jpeg.375212

That mac & cheese was awesome. I would have been happy with just that and my rum cocktail. The fried chicken was very crispy, but as I was eating, I noticed how salty it was. Now, I generally don’t mind a bit of salt. But this was like it had been left in brine for a full day (and FYI, I know what that tastes like because I’ve made that mistake before).
That is odd that one piece of chicken was so salty. I love their fried chicken but there is rarely anything too salty for me. Glad the mac and cheese was great though. I like it, but its a bit too cheesy for me which I know makes zero sense :-)

The other thing about Homecomin’ is that it was too much food. We definitely could have split two entrees between the four of us for lunch
I completely agree. We generally share or just stick with apps because no way anyone could eat all of that.

Before we actually get to the party, I want to give you a quick recap of our previous MNSSHP experiences.
I'll be curious to hear your experience of this one. I'd never done one before so I had little expectations. We were quite pleased with it, but i had zip zero zilch to compare it to other than a Christmas party

I can get a GREAT burger any day of the year and spend $20 less. I think I'll stick with the plan of never, ever getting one at WDW.
The QS burger are a lost cause. And they have been like it for years in my opinion.
I don't remember if I have ever had a TS burger before. I know DW got one at The Plaza and liked it. I have to hope TS burgers would be better.

After your review, I did change my plans in Sept for going there with the kids. We were going to get Earl of Sand and just watch outdoor entertainment, but I think I'd like to try this place. Might still go back to EOS but, the chicken sure does look good!
I'm glad my review helped. We all enjoyed it overall. Just too much food. And I had the salty issue with one piece of chicken. I would like to go again but split meals and save a few dollars.

They may have collectively done more shopping during your trip then I've done over the last 12 months :P
That is quite possible :laughing:
And I still got complaints that it was "too much Disney" and not enough shopping.:sad2:
Next trip I'm just dropping them off and going back to WDW.

I had no idea you were at the party. We were there too!!!!!!
I think I knew that before hand. We probably should have tried to arrange a meet up, it would have been fun.

I like it, but its a bit too cheesy for me which I know makes zero sense :-)
I understand that. I enjoy lots of cheese, but I see how it can be a bit much for some.

there apparently was an urgent need to re-visit the Vineland outlet for more shopping. Apparently DW heard there were some items left on the shelves that we hadn’t already purchased :sad2:

Thank goodness you went back!!!

Anyway, our relaxing morning began with a hearty breakfast at the Intermission food court.

Wow that all looks good!

I had the Breakfast Burger - Angus burger, American cheese, bacon and egg on a plain bagel

Holy smokes! :faint:

It proved to be underwhelming since the burger was dry and bland

Oh, man! That's too bad. It sure sounded good. :(

I really don’t understand why they can’t figure out how to make a decent burger. I generally don't get them at WDW.

Because they make 'em wrong. At least... I extremely doubt they do this anywhere but at Beaches & Cream, but there they take a 1/3lb (or whatever) of ground beef shaped in a ball and squish it down with a spatula like utensil. Effectively, squishing the juices out of it and drying it out. Also didn't see them put salt and pepper on it first to get that nice crunch on the outside.

I honestly have no recollection of it. Or I just blocked the experience from my mind.

:laughing: There, there. It'll be alright.

Thankfully for me, we had a time constraint since we had a 1:00 lunch ADR for Homecomin’.

oooohhhh... good idea. When I go in May with my DD and she wants to shop, I can just say "Time to go! We have an ADR for 1pm!"
Then after we leave, I can say "Whoops! Did I say 1pm? I meant 6pm. My bad."

was really looking forward to this meal since I had read so many good reviews.

::yes::

It even received the prestigious Drooling Homer Award™ so it must be good.

Has to be!

While we were waiting the waitress to take our order,

Wait, you waited the waitress?

the lady at the table next to us was taking a picture of her food. DW and the girls were amazed by this, the fact that other people actually did that.

:lmao:
Surprise! It's a thing!

It's also illegal in Germany. Has to do with copywriting food presentation.

I think up to this point they thought all my trip reporting was some kind of elaborate dad joke.

:laughing: Have to admit... that'd be a pretty good one.
I wonder if I can come up with something in May... "No, everyone moons the characters."... hmmm... maybe not that. I like being able to stay at Disney.

I wanted to start with a cocktail because it’s always 5:00 on vacation.

I chose the RumShine Punch - strawberry RumShine, blackberry brandy, banana liqueur, pineapple juice and house-made grenadine. It was strong, but I enjoyed it.

I'm not a rum fan, but everything else sounds good.

Tish and Katie both had the chicken and waffles, with Katie substituting mac & cheese for mashed potatoes.

Katie is smart.

Ummm... Chicken and waffles? I see donuts. Is that what it was, or?...

That mac & cheese was awesome. I would have been happy with just that and my rum cocktail.

Good to know!

The fried chicken was very crispy, but as I was eating, I noticed how salty it was. Now, I generally don’t mind a bit of salt. But this was like it had been left in brine for a full day (and FYI, I know what that tastes like because I’ve made that mistake before). I got halfway through that piece and wondered if it was all like that. I had a bite of a different piece and it wasn’t as salty. I tried Katie’s too (because – spoiler – she couldn’t eat it all) and hers wasn’t as salty. So I don’t know what happened there. Was it a stray piece of chicken that got left in the buttermilk/brine too long? No idea, but it put a bit of a damper on my lunch.

Sorry about the too salty chicken. Odd that there'd be one piece like that and not more.

Anyway, we rolled ourselves out of the place and had hoped to explore Disney Springs a little. Let me just say WOW this placed has changed so much in 4 years.

I had little concept of where any of the older places were, it all looked so different.

I know! I went there and... "Where is everything? Where am I?"

Our last few days were being spent at MK (better not to take a car)

correct.

I drove over to the Alamo car care center outside MK, dropped off the car, and took their courtesy shuttle back to ASMu. I’ve done this before and it’s very efficient.

Ah! Thanks for that. Been thinking of doing that for a future trip.

considering the party was in August in sweltering heat, it was the more practical choice. And I’m still calling that a costume.

Of course it is!

In 2010 – on my birthday no less – we attended our first party. This was an amazing experience. The crowds were light (and FYI it was in late October),

Birthday in late October has been scientifically proven to be the best time of the year to have one.

We ended the night doing a triple loop on Big Thunder Mountain (as in we just sat on the train and went around three times).

Whoa!

Well, the second parade was slammed with people – the opposite of what I had often heard.

Really! Haven't been for a bit, but did not see that. Then again, last time, I lined up early for both to get a Headless Horseman photo.

That night was simply a frustration.

Sucks. Sorry about that.

Stitch?

1.5 hours.

Frontierland.

I do like that Vineland outlet but...... two visits is a lot, even for a shopaholic like me! You can't beat some of those deals though.
I am the one and only ( or close to it) non Homecomin' fan. We ate there once and just didn't really like anything, and had the driest mac & cheese ever ( which I do think was an off batch). Steve won't go back so if I do it'll be on a girls trip or work trip.
I'm all for MNSSHP shirts as costumes! Especially in August as you said because you're like this :scared::scared:
Here's our MNSSHP breakdown:
2007: first party, hardly anyone else there, Oct :)
2010: still hardly anyone there in Oct :)
2014: did the first party on Labor Day so we were drowning in our sweat, but it was incredibly empty even though all the bloggers were there! Missed the villain M&G's after the stage show as this was the year they stopped that :(
2018: early Sept so still dripping with sweat, had a great time but OMG the crowds! But, I'll go again :hmghost:

Look forward to hearing about your night, I enjoyed seeing your pics on FB way back when!

The other thing about Homecomin’ is that it was too much food. We definitely could have split two entrees between the four of us for lunch.
I agree! I would never order the 2 appetizers we had again for just the 2 of us, so much food! We literally had almost 4 biscuits left with the chicken and ham. The biscuits were delicious!

That mac & cheese was awesome. I would have been happy with just that and my rum cocktail.
I have heard mostly good things about the Mac and cheese, however some have not liked it all, said it was dry! I’m glad yours was good.

but we couldn’t decide and in the end just had matching shirts made. Not very original, but considering the party was in August in sweltering heat, it was the more practical choice. And I’m still calling that a costume.
Matching Halloween shirts count! The heat is definitely a reason not to wear a full on costume.

1. Moana
2. 2 hours
3. Frontier Land
I’m waiting to hear about your party and the long wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!