Terra Nova Guy and the Raiders of the Lost Park - an August 2018 TR *COMPLETE* 4/28

Knowing what I know now, I wonder if that was the actual wait or if they were trying to discourage people from getting in line.
You may be right, that they try to discourage people from getting in line. Although I think I checked the Touring Plans app - which was generally pretty accurate in my experience that trip - and it was long too, maybe 40 minutes or so.

Well, there you go. I didn't see "Jeff's House" labeled on the map, though.
It's like a Hidden Mickey. You really have to look for it.

I’m sure there’s some little bean counter crouched behind a desk somewhere plotting up all these scenarios.
Those bean counters are very good at their job of making people spend their money there. Your absolutely right about they have strategies for that. They don't have record earnings for a reason :( And we also call them " bean coutners" and yes...we have 2 bean counters in our family. So I know how their minds work :rolleyes1

my “to do” list for a while – the Grey Goose Citron Slush which was fantastic and just what I needed
Great Choice!!!! That sounds refreshing :drinking1 as I'm looking at the record snowfall we received over the weekend, get cleared out of our parking lot at work where it's now a balmy -26C with a windchill :cold: :crazy2: So honestly looking and reading about the heat...is helping me get through this yucky gross winter weather snap we are having.

Official Princess Countdown: Snow White – 9 of 11 ✔
Great princess count!!! I have never been to Epcot :eek: :blush: The daughter and I were able to pick on Disney day a couple of years ago when we did a cruise ( that was gifted to us by my father inlaw but the hubby didn't want to go so I took the DD ) She could pick one park to visit...and we did Magic Kingdom...which we loved and had a blast at - and can't wait to visit again. I'm hoping next time I will get to visit all the parks

Great Choice!!!! That sounds refreshing :drinking1 as I'm looking at the record snowfall we received over the weekend, get cleared out of our parking lot at work where it's now a balmy -26C with a windchill :cold: :crazy2: So honestly looking and reading about the heat...is helping me get through this yucky gross winter weather snap we are having.
Same here. We just had back to back storms with 45cm snow. I cleared my driveway four times the last 2 days. It's -13C with a windchill about -23 this morning. Yuck. Makes me think the Florida heat in August wasn't quite so bad.

I have never been to Epcot :eek:
:faint: Well, I hope one day soon you can correct that. Epcot maybe isn't the most family oriented park - although clearly my girls still enjoy it - but it's great for adults who would enjoy eating/drinking around the world.

Just now reading your TR! I definitely appreciate your humor and the questions that you pose to keep it ~intriguing~
Welcome to the report, and thanks very much. I'm glad you're enjoying it. I try to keep it entertaining :)

Happy New Year, Jeff. Wishing an incredible, healthy coming year to you and your family.
Thank you Liesa. I hope you have a great year as well!

August 23rd – Day 6, Part 2 – Attack of the Giant Slice!

My last update had myself and the girls leaving Epcot for a break early afternoon. We grabbed lunch at Intermission, the All-Star Music food court. Katie had a simple cheeseburger, which she was happy with. Brianna had asked for a basic pepperoni pizza. Instead, she was forced to wrestle with a monster slice. Seriously, that thing was huge – as big as her head!

upload_2019-1-6_13-20-16.jpeg

She managed to eat the whole thing and said it was good, although I am always a bit suspicious about Disney QS pizza.

I opted for a Barbecued Pork Sandwich with house made chips. I was expecting a pulled pork style sandwich. What I got was my worst meal of the trip. It was just a wad of deli-sliced pork dripping in too-sweet BBQ sauce on a hot dog bun. Even the house made chips were way too salty.

upload_2019-1-6_13-20-55.jpeg

Well All-Star Music food court, you can take your “pulled pork” sandwich and stick it up your Alien Swirling Saucer (if you’re tired of that joke by now, too bad, it’s my trip report and often the 13 year old boy in me takes over). Much of my lunch ended up in the garbage, where it belonged.

Anyway, we met back up with Tish, who was grateful to have had a morning off from the parks. Her feet still weren’t feeling the best, but improved over the previous night. After a short rest, we donned our matching tie dye shirts and made our way to Hollywood Studios.

A quick note on the shirts - we made these a few days before the trip. During Katie’s birthday party she had done tie dye shirts with her friends and there was dye left over. I had read somewhere that you could do a Mickey tie dye shirt, so I thought it might be fun to have matching shirts, and we decided a visit to Toy Story Land would be a fitting place for them. As for the shirts themselves, they turned out OK, with varying degrees of success. Brianna’s looks more like a Batman than a Mickey and none of us used enough dye to get a good colour (tip: if you do tie dye, you need to drown the fabric!).

Of course, since we had our matching shirts, we had to take a Photopass opportunity on the way to TSL.

upload_2019-1-6_13-22-11.jpeg

First up was our coveted FP for Slinky Dog Dash. Our two previous rides had been done in the very hot, long standby queue, so this was going to be a nice change. Walking into TSL the skies were looking rather dark and ominous (you can see them in the above picture).

Undeterred, we entered the FP queue and were soon dashing around Andy’s backyard. I still can’t get over how much fun this ride was. It was just as good the third time around as the first. At the end of the ride, our car stopped in front of Wheezy for longer than our previous rides. A few rain drops began to fall. We also noticed that no other cars were running on the track behind us. What luck – we were in the last train before the ride shut for rain! Sadly, we did not get our ride pictures.

We donned our ponchos, but didn’t walk very far since we figured we might as well get inside and do Midway Mania again, especially since the wait was a reasonable 30 minutes. That ride never gets old for me. Thankfully the rain had let up a bit while we were inside TSMM.

We had seen and done everything in TSL a few times now so we felt satisfied leaving for the last time. My only regret is never having our schedule work out to see it lit up at night.

We were off to bigger things. First up was our RnRC FP. But this was a FP for two – myself and Brianna. I had always been nervous about this coaster, and in fact our previous 2014 trip was the first time I rode. I like roller coasters when I can see the track – and I know there are no big drops. I don’t like drops. I never have. Brianna loves roller coasters so last trip I reluctantly agreed to go on RnRC. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn’t as bad as I feared. But that was 4 years ago. I’m an old man. My mind isn’t as sharp as it used to be. I barely remember what I had for breakfast, much less every curve and nuance of a ride I went on 4 years ago. But, I had promised to go on it, so I timidly crawled confidently marched into the FP queue. I’m always impressed with the poses many of you do in ride photos. I was hoping to do something cool. I did quite the opposite. My mind gets the better of me, so it’s more of a “Son of Jor-El what in the sweet name of Krypton are you about to do?!” kind of look.

upload_2019-1-6_13-23-40.jpeg

Clearly I survived, and it was even (a bit) tamer and more enjoyable than I remembered. For the benefit of Liesa @Steppesister I remembered to look for your Hidden Mickey in the water fountain but I couldn’t figure out how to get a selfie with me and the fountain in that crowded space in front of the bathroom, so you’ll just have to take my word for it J

Next it was time to face the Tower of Terror. But this time, it would not be me. I know many of you like ToT. Many of you must also be nuts. Not happening for me. ToT is the only ride in WDW I haven’t done, and never will do. I can’t handle that drop. I can do RnRC or Everest when there’s a bit of a curve to the drop. Straight down? No thanks. The lucky victims were Tish and Brianna (who was borrowing Katie’s band, and if you’re wondering, that’s how I got both Tier 1 rides at the same time). They rode, they lived, I was happy for them. (If you’re looking for them in the ride pic, they’re on the back right, almost hidden of course).

upload_2019-1-6_13-26-10.jpeg

In the meantime, Katie and I did our usual “wait for mom and sis on ToT” ritual – get ice cream from Hollywood Scoops and sit on the corner across from ToT. Except we didn’t want ice cream tonight (you’ll understand why very soon). Katie just wanted an ice water and I noticed a rum cocktail on the menu. Never one to turn down a girly drink with rum, I really enjoyed the Captain Morgan Fruit Punch Cocktail. I also enjoyed sitting back, having a drink, and relaxing a bit, which I often don’t get the chance to do in the middle of the park. It also gave me time to take a picture of ToT with a cool looking sky.

upload_2019-1-6_13-27-11.jpeg

Once we were all together again, it was time to leave DHS. It was also time for ice cream. One of our favourite places from our previous trip was Beaches & Cream, so we wanted a return visit. I had been hoping for a mid-afternoon ADR, but we were never able to get one, so an 8:40pm ADR was the best we could do. I suppose we could have taken a boat, which seems more cultured, but we instead hiked back through Traffic Cone Forest to our rental car and drove to the Beach Club. It was crowded, as always, at Beaches & Cream, so it took about 15 minutes to get seated. Although I have read good things about the food here, we weren’t that hungry and just wanted ice cream. I again lamented the fact that my free QS dining credits were as valuable as Monopoly money at a TS restaurant. Oh well, it’s worth it. DW and I both got the No Way Jose (peanut butter and hot fudge), which I had skipped for something else on our previous visit. Brianna and Katie both had a Fudge Mudslide (brownie and hot fudge). We had debated getting a kitchen Sink, but really felt it would just turn into a soupy mess and would be wasted.

upload_2019-1-6_13-28-8.jpeg

upload_2019-1-6_13-28-22.jpeg

So, did we enjoy it? Well…meh? The waitress was a bit slow and not over friendly, but not grumpy either (she was nice enough to offer to take our picture). The ice cream was, you know, cold. The sauces were sweet. Was it bad? No. Was it awesome? No. I don’t want to be too negative, because it wasn’t bad. Back in 2014 we thought this place was amazing – the dishes were huge, the sauces were slopped everywhere, it was a great big delicious mess. But this time, it just seemed like a huge bowl of ice cream I could get anywhere. Had we got it somewhere else – with a lower price and less travel time to get there, we would have been happy. Considering the jacked up prices and time it took us to get there, we decided that although we’re glad we did Beaches & Cream twice now, we wouldn’t bother with it again.

With that, we headed back to ASMu for the night, feeling fine, but not “wow”.

Answers to last questions:

1. Tonight is finally time to use our Slinky Dog Dash FP. Unfortunately rain closes the ride. But, is this before or after we try to ride? It closed for rain right after our ride.
2. Have you been paying attention? We’ve now met 9 of the 11 official Disney Princesses. Which two are left to meet? (And if you have the time and determination to go back through the XX pages of this TR, bravo! You’ve earned this answer!) Pocahontas and Merida
3. We have an ADR later tonight. We leave Hollywood Studios to go to this place, so it’s somewhat close by. Which restaurant? Beaches and Cream

Next Update Questions for Fun:

1. We have a lunch ADR in Disney Springs. It’s a place we have never been, and it opened since 2014. Which restaurant?

2. It’s MNSSHP night! I may have mentioned it somewhere before, but is this our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th Halloween party (ever)?

3. Do we wear normal clothes to the party, or do we have costumes (yes, matching shirts count as costumes)?

Last edited:

Instead, she was forced to wrestle with a monster slice. Seriously, that thing was huge – as big as her head!

upload_2019-1-6_13-20-16-jpeg.373775

She managed to eat the whole thing and said it was good, although I am always a bit suspicious about Disney QS pizza.

That actually looks pretty good, but I don't have a big problem with QS pizza. I think all pizza is pretty good, except for PizzaRizzo...:sad2:

I opted for a Barbecued Pork Sandwich with house made chips. I was expecting a pulled pork style sandwich. What I got was my worst meal of the trip. It was just a wad of deli-sliced pork dripping in too-sweet BBQ sauce on a hot dog bun. Even the house made chips were way too salty.

upload_2019-1-6_13-20-55-jpeg.373776

I bet you were wishing you had gone with the pizza now ::yes::

A quick note on the shirts - we made these a few days before the trip. During Katie’s birthday party she had done tie dye shirts with her friends and there was dye left over. I had read somewhere that you could do a Mickey tie dye shirt, so I thought it might be fun to have matching shirts, and we decided a visit to Toy Story Land would be a fitting place for them. As for the shirts themselves, they turned out OK, with varying degrees of success. Brianna’s looks more like a Batman than a Mickey and none of us used enough dye to get a good colour (tip: if you do tie dye, you need to drown the fabric!).

Of course, since we had our matching shirts, we had to take a Photopass opportunity on the way to TSL.

upload_2019-1-6_13-22-11-jpeg.373777

Cute shirts, great pic!

What luck – we were in the last train before the ride shut for rain!

Lucky you!

We were off to bigger things. First up was our RnRC FP. But this was a FP for two – myself and Brianna. I had always been nervous about this coaster, and in fact our previous 2014 trip was the first time I rode. I like roller coasters when I can see the track – and I know there are no big drops. I don’t like drops. I never have. Brianna loves roller coasters so last trip I reluctantly agreed to go on RnRC. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn’t as bad as I feared. But that was 4 years ago. I’m an old man. My mind isn’t as sharp as it used to be. I barely remember what I had for breakfast, much less every curve and nuance of a ride I went on 4 years ago. But, I had promised to go on it, so I timidly crawled confidently marched into the FP queue. I’m always impressed with the poses many of you do in ride photos. I was hoping to something cool. I did quite the opposite. My mind gets the better of me, so it’s more of a “Son of Jor-El what in the sweet name of Krypton are you about to do?!” kind of look.

upload_2019-1-6_13-23-40-jpeg.373778

My pictures look much like that except with my eyes closed :scared1:

Next it was time to face the Tower of Terror. But this time, it would not be me. I know many of you like ToT. Many of you must also be nuts. Not happening for me. ToT is the only ride in WDW I haven’t done, and never will do. I can’t handle that drop.

Okay, until 2015 I would never ride TOT either. I had gone on once with DS when he was 4 and I was terrified the whole time…mostly because I thought he was going to fly up and out of his seat. I didn't go on TOT again for years and years but as I grew to love the parks more and more I really wanted to try every ride (including RnRC which I also rode that trip).

Before that trip in 2015, I was researching ToT, trying to learn more about it and watching YouTube videos to try and get myself psyched up to ride. I learned something that literally changed my whole perspective and was (and still is) the ONLY thing that got me to go on. I will share it with you and see if it does the same for you. When you are "falling" on ToT, you aren't free-falling (which would absolutely terrify me :scared1:). There is a large, mechanical arm underneath the floor that PULLS you down. For whatever reason, my mind likes the thought of getting pulled down much better than the thought of free-falling and honestly, I go on ToT by myself now. RnRC is WAY more intense and I'll only ride that when my kids make me. I think if you can handle RnRC, you can handle ToT, and you should try it at least once. If not, you can always walk up the queue and then take the chicken elevator down after…I made Mike do that on our trip. Just going through the hotel is pretty awesome.

It also gave me time to take a picture of ToT with a cool looking sky.

upload_2019-1-6_13-27-11-jpeg.373780

Cloudy skies in FL at dusk make some of the nicest pictures :love:

So, did we enjoy it? Well…meh? The waitress was a bit slow and not over friendly, but not grumpy either (she was nice enough to offer to take our picture). The ice cream was, you know, cold. The sauces were sweet. Was it bad? No. Was it awesome? No. I don’t want to be too negative, because it wasn’t bad. Back in 2014 we thought this place was amazing – the dishes were huge, the sauces were slopped everywhere, it was a great big delicious mess. But this time, it just seemed like a huge bowl of ice cream I could get anywhere. Had we got it somewhere else – with a lower price and less travel time to get there, we would have been happy. Considering the jacked up prices and time it took us to get there, we decided that although we’re glad we did Beaches & Cream twice now, we wouldn’t bother with it again.

We're big fans of The Plaza Ice Cream Parlor and find it to be way more convenient. We tried B & C once and enjoyed it and would go back if we were staying in the area, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it again.

1. We have a lunch ADR in Disney Springs. It’s a place we have never been, and it opened since 2014. Which restaurant?

Homecomin'?

I’m just the opposite of you, I won’t ride RnRc but I do enjoy ToT! I learned to keep my feet firmly planted on ToT and I can enjoy it!

I like your Mickey shirts!

B&C for late night ice cream is always fun!

Yay more questions!
1. Blaze Pizza?
2. 2nd Party?
3. Matching shirts?

Sounds like a nice evening! I think the tie dye shirts came out cool! And I love that sunset pic you got of ToT!

1. We have a lunch ADR in Disney Springs. It’s a place we have never been, and it opened since 2014. Which restaurant? I have no idea so I'm going to blindly say the Boathouse

2. It’s MNSSHP night! I may have mentioned it somewhere before, but is this our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th Halloween party (ever)? 3rd one!

3. Do we wear normal clothes to the party, or do we have costumes (yes, matching shirts count as costumes)? costumes!

That actually looks pretty good, but I don't have a big problem with QS pizza. I think all pizza is pretty good, except for PizzaRizzo...:sad2:
I have to admit, I don't think I've eaten Disney QS pizza since Pizza Planet (I assume PizzaRizzo didn't change it that much), which may have soured me on all QS pizza. I do prefer thinner crust, and most of the QS stuff seems thick. But it's probably not as bad as I assume.

I bet you were wishing you had gone with the pizza now ::yes::
I'm sure any kind of pizza would have been better.

Before that trip in 2015, I was researching ToT, trying to learn more about it and watching YouTube videos to try and get myself psyched up to ride. I learned something that literally changed my whole perspective and was (and still is) the ONLY thing that got me to go on. I will share it with you and see if it does the same for you. When you are "falling" on ToT, you aren't free-falling (which would absolutely terrify me :scared1:). There is a large, mechanical arm underneath the floor that PULLS you down. For whatever reason, my mind likes the thought of getting pulled down much better than the thought of free-falling and honestly, I go on ToT by myself now. RnRC is WAY more intense and I'll only ride that when my kids make me. I think if you can handle RnRC, you can handle ToT, and you should try it at least once. If not, you can always walk up the queue and then take the chicken elevator down after…I made Mike do that on our trip. Just going through the hotel is pretty awesome.
Definitely something to consider. I really should at least walk through the hotel. So far I've had my "chicken buddy" in Katie to hang out with. Once she gets older, she may decide to do it, and I might have to do the same.

Seriously, that thing was huge – as big as her head!

upload_2019-1-6_13-20-16-jpeg.373775

And an exceptionally flattering photo of her. Make sure you show her. She'll be very happy. ::yes::

:rolleyes2

I guess you don't have to be. I have it on good authority that they're good.

I was expecting a pulled pork style sandwich. What I got was my worst meal of the trip.

:( Well... that's disappointing.

Well All-Star Music food court, you can take your “pulled pork” sandwich and stick it up your Alien Swirling Saucer (if you’re tired of that joke by now, too bad, it’s my trip report and often the 13 year old boy in me takes over).

I would never stoop so low. (Because I haven't been to TSL, yet. Then I'm sure I will.)

Much of my lunch ended up in the garbage, where it belonged.

Dang. That's about $100 (CDN) down the drain.

Her feet still weren’t feeling the best, but improved over the previous night.

Glad she's feeling (somewhat) better.

A quick note on the shirts - we made these a few days before the trip.

Not bad!

I still can’t get over how much fun this ride was. It was just as good the third time around as the first.

Good to hear! Can't wait to check it out in May. :)

What luck – we were in the last train before the ride shut for rain!

Nice!

Sadly, we did not get our ride pictures.

I hear this on... well, pretty much everyone's TRs.

Midway Mania again, especially since the wait was a reasonable 30 minutes.

Yep. That's reasonable. Especially for that ride.

My only regret is never having our schedule work out to see it lit up at night.

I'm not sure if I've ever been there at night. For me DHS is a 1/2 day park only. I'm usually somewhere... wait... I've seen Fantasmic so I must have been there at night.
But... I guess I haven't really taken the time to see the lights afterward.

I’m an old man.

Yep. One foot in the grave.

My mind isn’t as sharp as it used to be.

Well... really... was it ever sharp?

so I timidly crawled confidently marched into the FP queue.

Well that escalated quickly!

My mind gets the better of me, so it’s more of a “Son of Jor-El what in the sweet name of Krypton are you about to do?!” kind of look.

upload_2019-1-6_13-23-40-jpeg.373778

Yep. You should be taking your cues from the folks around you.

Clearly I survived, and it was even (a bit) tamer and more enjoyable than I remembered.

Glad you liked it! It's a good ride. :)

For the benefit of Liesa @Steppesister I remembered to look for your Hidden Mickey in the water fountain but I couldn’t figure out how to get a selfie with me and the fountain in that crowded space in front of the bathroom, so you’ll just have to take my word for it J

I remember that! I even voted on it. Wonder if it ever made it to official status?

I know many of you like ToT. Many of you must also be nuts.

:laughing:

I used to not like it... at all. But I did it because I liked everything leading up to the drop. I'd hold on tight and... endure it until the end. Then one day I wanted a photo for a TR. Instead of hanging on, I reasoned that I wouldn't die if I didn't hang on and posed for the camera instead.

And... it was... not just okay... but, good! I actually enjoyed it. Now, I ride (without holding on) and it seems a lot less harsh than before.

ToT is the only ride in WDW I haven’t done, and never will do. I can’t handle that drop.

And there's nothing wrong with that. I won't go on Space Mountain anymore because it's too rough. We all have our limits.

(who was borrowing Katie’s band, and if you’re wondering, that’s how I got both Tier 1 rides at the same time).

Ah!

get ice cream from Hollywood Scoops and sit on the corner across from ToT.

Not a bad tradition. :)

Never one to turn down a girly drink with rum, I really enjoyed the Captain Morgan Fruit Punch Cocktail.

Not being a rum fan... this one is allllll yours.

I also enjoyed sitting back, having a drink, and relaxing a bit, which I often don’t get the chance to do in the middle of the park.

::yes:: I'm starting to go more that way. For me it has to do with going more often. Before it was once every 10 years... lately it's been once or twice a year. I don't have to do all the rides all the time anymore.

:thumbsup2 I like it!

One of our favourite places from our previous trip was Beaches & Cream, so we wanted a return visit.

::yes:: Got an ADR there myself.

we instead hiked back through Traffic Cone Forest

That bad?

DW and I both got the No Way Jose (peanut butter and hot fudge),

Yum!

Brianna and Katie both had a Fudge Mudslide (brownie and hot fudge).

That's what youngest DD got.

We had debated getting a kitchen Sink, but really felt it would just turn into a soupy mess and would be wasted.

Hmmm... I guess I can see that. Still... me? 4 people? I'd do it... just to say I'd done it.

You all look pretty happy. :)

So, did we enjoy it? Well…meh? The waitress was a bit slow and not over friendly, but not grumpy either

Well.... I guess.... I'll take efficient over bubbly, but... friendly should be there.

The ice cream was, you know, cold. The sauces were sweet. Was it bad? No. Was it awesome? No. I don’t want to be too negative, because it wasn’t bad. Back in 2014 we thought this place was amazing – the dishes were huge, the sauces were slopped everywhere, it was a great big delicious mess. But this time, it just seemed like a huge bowl of ice cream I could get anywhere.

:( Sorry to hear that. I really have liked what I've gotten there in the past.

Considering the jacked up prices and time it took us to get there, we decided that although we’re glad we did Beaches & Cream twice now, we wouldn’t bother with it again.

Too bad. But I can see that.

2. It’s MNSSHP night! I may have mentioned it somewhere before, but is this our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th Halloween party (ever)?

3. Do we wear normal clothes to the party, or do we have costumes (yes, matching shirts count as costumes)?

1. Cookes of Dublin?
2. 2nd?
3. You wear clothes!!! And yes, those clothes are costumes.

And an exceptionally flattering photo of her. Make sure you show her. She'll be very happy. ::yes::
I know. I have no idea why I didn't take a better picture at the time. I debated putting in my TR at all. But it was the only picture I had of their lunch, and I was shocked by the size of that pizza slice. Bah, it's not like she'll ever find out.
(Although truthfully, she has read it a couple times when I mentioned I had updated it, so she might find it one day :eek:)

I hear this on... well, pretty much everyone's TRs.
I really thought the Slinky ride picture issue was a problem with the opening and it would be sorted out by now, but it doesn't seem to have improved much. We did get one picture of each of us on the ride - but it took multiple rides.

Well... really... was it ever sharp?
Well, it's one of those sliding scale type things.

You should be taking your cues from the folks around you.
i know. I would have looked awesome if I could relax a bit.

I remember that! I even voted on it. Wonder if it ever made it to official status?
I voted on it too. I was wondering the same thing. I did browse the hidden Mickey website out of curiosity but I couldn't find it.

And there's nothing wrong with that. I won't go on Space Mountain anymore because it's too rough. We all have our limits.
I can still manage to do Space Mountain, but I do find it rough. I'm good with one ride and that's it.

That bad?
I think they have made some progress with the DHS parking lot, so there should be fewer traffic cones and diversions by now. But it was pretty dicey back then.

Hmmm... I guess I can see that. Still... me? 4 people? I'd do it... just to say I'd done it.
I was very tempted, just to say we did it. Had I know that we would come to the conclusion that it may be our last trip to B&C, I may have pushed the kitchen sink idea.

Too bad. But I can see that.
But never say never at Disney. I think we'll take a break from Beaches & Cream Having said that, I am second guessing because the kitchen sink may be worth going back for, just to say we did it. That's something unique.

(Although truthfully, she has read it a couple times when I mentioned I had updated it, so she might find it one day :eek:)

:laughing: You're gonna be in trouble!

I really thought the Slinky ride picture issue was a problem with the opening and it would be sorted out by now, but it doesn't seem to have improved much. We did get one picture of each of us on the ride - but it took multiple rides.

Apparently... still not working too great.

Well, it's one of those sliding scale type things.

Careful you don't slide right off the edge.

i know. I would have looked awesome if I could relax a bit.

Maybe next time.

I voted on it too. I was wondering the same thing. I did browse the hidden Mickey website out of curiosity but I couldn't find it.

Hmmm... wonder if that means the answer was "no".

I think they have made some progress with the DHS parking lot, so there should be fewer traffic cones and diversions by now. But it was pretty dicey back then.

Hoping it'll be a bit better when I get there.

I was very tempted, just to say we did it. Had I know that we would come to the conclusion that it may be our last trip to B&C, I may have pushed the kitchen sink idea.

Worthwhile cause.

But never say never at Disney. I think we'll take a break from Beaches & Cream Having said that, I am second guessing because the kitchen sink may be worth going back for, just to say we did it. That's something unique.

Well, that didn't last long!

Some of you may remember in my last update I had mentioned my wife and her feet that were basically broken at this point. Packing them in ice and resting them had helped slightly, but not to the point where she wanted to face walking around Epcot, her least favourite park (I know, I know :sad2:). Although I felt bad leaving her, she was happier having the morning off, so it was just me and the girls heading to Epcot.

This happened to my mom as well. Ended up leaving her at the resort on our last day.

crossed back again to Mission Space.

This is something I have never been on, never even laid eyes on it! :confused3

DW and I both got the No Way Jose (peanut butter and hot fudge)

Too bad your ice cream treats were sub-par for the price.

Let me just say there is no worse QS Disney pizza than BW window pizza :crazy2::crazy2::faint::sad: You can tell me all you want that it's new and improved but I thought we were going to die when we ate it a few years ago. Not for a million dollars will I put a piece of that slop near my mouth ever again!

I think your shirts came out good! I attempted to make shirts for MNSSHP one year...... and burned the iron-ons. So you guys did better :thumbsup2

Holy pizza, Batman! Looks reasonably good for QS though.

These look awesome! Makes for a great photo. :)

A few rain drops began to fall. We also noticed that no other cars were running on the track behind us. What luck – we were in the last train before the ride shut for rain!

Wow! That's amazing timing! Glad you all enjoyed the ride so much. It's pretty excellent!

Your face compared to Brianna's in this photo—priceless!

Awesome photo! Love the sky colour.

Oh well, it’s worth it. DW and I both got the No Way Jose (peanut butter and hot fudge), which I had skipped for something else on our previous visit.

This is what I've ordered there in past, too! Excellent option!

So, did we enjoy it? Well…meh? The waitress was a bit slow and not over friendly, but not grumpy either (she was nice enough to offer to take our picture).

That's unfortunate! We've never had very good service here either.

Back in 2014 we thought this place was amazing – the dishes were huge, the sauces were slopped everywhere, it was a great big delicious mess. But this time, it just seemed like a huge bowl of ice cream I could get anywhere.

Too bad that it didn't hold up! Doesn't sound like it was really worth the effort or price this time around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter