Teppan Edo review, we had dinner on Friday night 3/16

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
Hi all,

As some of you know DH and I are locals and AP holders we live only about 15 minutes from our door to the property or bubble like most people call it... So a while back I decide to start doing reviews on where we eat, no matter if is a snack, QS or TS...

DH took a long weekend and surprised me so he was off on Friday, we decided since Flower and Garden had started that we would head over for dinner and to start checking out the festival... Flower and Garden is my favorite festival of the year...

We got there around 5:00 ish, I had scored FP's for Soarin so we hit up a few rides before heading over to the world showcase... I will say that I am going back a couple of times on my own to check out all the festival has to offer, I like to linger around and really take it all in...

On the way to our destination we had time to stop in Canada for a adult beverage, DH got a Moosehead beer, and I got something called a Blueberry Banjo slushie and I opted for the vodka in it... yes please...
It was really good very refreshing and lets just say there was plenty of vodka in it...

Once we arrived in Japan, we checked in at 7:20 our ADR was for 7:30... we went upstairs and got lucky to find a seat to wait for our buzzer to go off... the buzzer did its thing at 7:40 which was fairly quick.

Once seated we our service from start to finish was amazing, as always... Our chef was so good and really funny and her food was on point really good... she did all the tricks, and we were quite a lively table, clapping and cheering for her... Really wonderful table mates... It"s so much more fun if you participate and clap and cheer, our table was really fun we all chatted the whole time like we had known each other for years...

DH ordered a Kirin Light, I went for a glass of Sauvignon Blanc - the Kirin light is what he always orders and is a big fan of this beer... I to always order the Saunignon Blanc it is one of my favorite wines in Epcot... as well our server kept our water glass full the whole time, and was quick to bring drinks or anything else anyone at our table requested...

We ordered a California Roll, is was very good... well presented and cold ( 11 or 12 dollars). I will say that a couple of week ago we had lunch at Kataursa Grill ( QS in Japan). DH and I agree that the California roll at Teppan Edo is the same one that they serve at Kataursa grill.

DH ordered the Filet Mignon ( 36.00) and added Ebi (Shrimp) (15) - he enjoyed every bite...

I decided on the Hotate ( Scallops) (35.00) which are my favorite here... I did request extra udon noodles and veggies ( for both 8.00 extra). I do give my rice to DH for whatever reason I am not a big fan of the rice here...

I am going to pat myself on the back, I ate my entire dinner with chop sticks, so I am really working on this skill so when we go to Japan next year, I will not look silly eating with chop sticks, now DH on the other hand... he is a work in progress...

It was a lovely night, after dinner we stood out on the deck, DH with his arm draped over my shoulder and mine arm wrap around his waist outside we still are in the honeymoon faze after all these years (18 years together)... watching the fireworks... It was a perfect end to a wonderful afternoon and evening...

I enjoyed your review and liked that you also gave the prices. Have you ever been to Japan before? My husband and I went there for our honeymoon and I spent part of a summer there when I was in high school as a camp counselor. I never did Disney there though. We hope to return with our kids when our youngest is older and out of diapers. Have fun!

I enjoyed your review and liked that you also gave the prices. Have you ever been to Japan before? My husband and I went there for our honeymoon and I spent part of a summer there when I was in high school as a camp counselor. I never did Disney there though. We hope to return with our kids when our youngest is older and out of diapers. Have fun!

We are planning our first trip to Japan next year sometime... We are really excited, there is quite a lot that we want to do and see, then you start planning and then you see this or that, then that goes on the list.... oh my.... my list is so long... plus we are planning 4 nights at Tokyo Disney resorts to see and spend some time in both parks. We want to visit all the parks. We have 3 down as of now, WDW, Disneyland California, and Disneyland Paris... any tips or suggestion are appreciated... If you could PM that would be great...

A very nice review Teppan is one of the few Disney restaurants we have never tried because I have always feared that it would not compart to some of the incredible meals I had on Okinawa.

I enjoy your reviews. A little park time thrown in but the meal and experience is your main focus. (And I'm always jealous of the 15 minutes door to WDW bubble line you drop each time :))

A very nice review Teppan is one of the few Disney restaurants we have never tried because I have always feared that it would not compart to some of the incredible meals I had on Okinawa.

Well I don't know how it would compare to Okinawa. I will say its a fun evening, and the food is really good. We always enjoy it... You should try it on your next visit.

Is it hibachi style? Kids might enjoy that!

Yes, There are different rooms, in each there are 4 stations- (grill and table), and each station sits 9 people... they cook in like a rotation, so that not all the chefs are cooking at once, once your drink orders are taken and food order placed, once the chef arrives and starts cooking, each of them do different things some only one some of them go all out... from the Volcano with the onions slice's to a train, some make Mickey or Minnie heads...to flipping the shrimp tails in the stove pipe chefs hat... Lots of families with kids of all ages... Worth a stop to check out.

Other than being at Disney, is there anything that sets Teppan Edo apart from normal hibachi style restaurants? We currently have a reservation here for our last night and I can't decide whether to keep it or not. We enjoy this style of food, but just can't decide if I should change it out for something more unique to Disney (whether it be in Epcot, HS or the BW area).

Other than being at Disney, is there anything that sets Teppan Edo apart from normal hibachi style restaurants? We currently have a reservation here for our last night and I can't decide whether to keep it or not. We enjoy this style of food, but just can't decide if I should change it out for something more unique to Disney (whether it be in Epcot, HS or the BW area).

I would say this depends on your local hibachi restaurant. The one near me doesn't have great pre-service options like sushi and the servers disappear once the Chef comes out. The chef near me also sleepwalks through their volcano/egg tricks and barely interacts with the table.

Teppan Edo chefs are very interactive and will usually add a Disney flair to their act like shaping the onions into a Mickey. The service is fantastic as well and always refills drinks and asks if everything is ok. I find that their enhancements are better than your average hibachi too.

We find Teppan Edo very close to the hibachi we had in Oki. Everyone always says they are all the same, but we find the one in EPCOT much better than the typical chains.

We are planning our first trip to Japan next year sometime... We are really excited, there is quite a lot that we want to do and see, then you start planning and then you see this or that, then that goes on the list.... oh my.... my list is so long... plus we are planning 4 nights at Tokyo Disney resorts to see and spend some time in both parks. We want to visit all the parks. We have 3 down as of now, WDW, Disneyland California, and Disneyland Paris... any tips or suggestion are appreciated... If you could PM that would be great...

You will love it so much! Tokyo has some wonderful restaurants, and oh my goodness! The food at the Toko Disney parks is amazing!! There is a great Italian style at Disney Seas, and the Alice in Wonderland restaurant at the Tokyo Disneyland was amazing both for theme and food!!

You will love it so much! Tokyo has some wonderful restaurants, and oh my goodness! The food at the Toko Disney parks is amazing!! There is a great Italian style at Disney Seas, and the Alice in Wonderland restaurant at the Tokyo Disneyland was amazing both for theme and food!!

Thanks for the tips, all going in the notebook....

Thanks for the review. Teppan Edo is a family favorite--we pretty much go every trip, including tomorrow night. We love the noodles and have wondered about ordering extra--thanks for mentioning that! I suspect we will have 4 extra of each as my entire family loves the noodles/vegetables.

Of all the places we've eaten at WDW, we've never tried Teppan Edo. It sounds like a lot of fun, with good food. We'll have to give it a try!

We haven't been here yet in all our trips over the past 20 years but have an ADR for our September family trip. Thanks for the great review!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter