Tenting at FW in April

Breiz

Earning My Ears
We have never been to FL. We're staying at FW 2 nights and doing one day at magic Kingdom. Then we're off to Sanibel island.

Made reservations for mid April for a tent site at FW. We're going with 2 kids. Also made reservations for the Hop Dee Doo Revue the first night we're there. (expensive meal...is it worth it?)

We're certainly open to any advice on FW or magic Kingdom that any can give. Any tips, or things to avoid?

Also, will be about 5 months pregnant at the time.

Thanks for any suggestions on stuff to make sure we see and do (or don't)

Welcome to the DIS

April is a mild month weather wise. The hoop dee doo is a good show, I'm sure you will have a good time.

We tent camped this past April and it was VERY HOT! But we were told that was unusual for it to be that hot (but be aware that it can be hot).

We enjoyed the experience though. We have an electric cooler and we used it in our tent (ran an electric cord from the electric box into the tent).

We loved the campfire program. The restrooms were the nicest we have ever seen at a campground.

The water parade at night was wonderful (at least I thought so).

Have a great time! But be prepared for very hot weather just in case there is a repeat of what happened in 2002.
DJ

Tent Site 1503 is a great site to request!! I was just there this December. It is right next to the comfort station and near the bus stop. The meadows area is right across the road.

It is centrally located in the campground.

Make sure you put a ground cloth under your tent and inside your tent. Also give your tent a good dose of Scotch Guard before you go. We had torrential rains during my trip and I stayed dry as a bone.

I also put a sheet of that disposable painters plastic under my ground cloth to keep it from getting so dirty and just threw it away at the end of my trip.

Hope this helps!!

April can be hot, be sure to bring a box fan. I have not heard anything bad about the HDDR other than people who did not like there seating. However, it is a very expensive meal. I would rather take the money for one person and get a golf cart for a whole day. Then take the money for one other person and go to Publix and buy everybody Steak, Baked, potatoes and salad. But that's just me, I am a cheep so and so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter