Tent Sites

SpikeLover

Mouseketeer
First off, the search engine is not allowing searches, so I apologize for asking a question that is probably redundant.

We're trying to decide if we need 2 sites or 1. We have a 14 x 16 tent & a 7 x 16 tent. Also, we have a screen house for around the picnic table.

Now, if I remember correctly, FW will allow you to anchor the screen house around the picnic table on the asphalt area where you would normally park your car. I thought I had read on this board where other people had done so. We would have no problem parking our vehicle in the parking area where you check in after we set up camp.

We camped at FW in May of last year in the 1500 loop, but we can't remember how big the "pad" was & we have different tents now so we're really having trouble gauging if our 2 tents would fit on the pad or not. We also don't need to use the grill on the pad so we can butt our tents right up to that.

Can anybody give me an idea of the average pad size for the tent loops?

Thanks, you guys are great!!!

ETA: Our 7 x 16 is actually 2 7 x 8 tents which connect with a tunnel. We would have no problem not connecting them and placing them stragecially around the site if necessary. Can this be done (legally by FW rules) & does it even sound possible, size wise? Thanks again!

I'm not real sure of the pad size, but let me tell you what I have had on a site.

I had two 7x7 tents with about 3 ft between them on the right side of the site and had about 3-5 ft available behind that

On the left side of the site I had a 7x8 ft tent toward the front and then a 10x10 rain shelter in behind that.

There was about a 5 ft aisle down the center of the site.

The picnic table was left in it's little corner near the grill.

All of the sites are different depending on where they are. Some are larger than others.

I would tell Ft. Wilderness your equipment and they will try to give you a sight that is big enough.

I would also see no problem with you placing the picnic table on the driveway portion and putting the screen house over that. The driveway is narrow enough that you would have soft ground to stake the corners down.

You can have as many tents/shelters on your site as will fit. The only restriction is 10 people with a $2 per person fee for over 2 adults.

Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter