Tent Camping on Premium Site

Mptwy

Earning My Ears
Hi there!
We are getting ready for our first camping trip ever, at Fort Wilderness! When I booked, only premium sites were available so I booked a premium site. Has anyone had experience with using a tent on a premium RV hookup site? Thanks!

Never tent camped on a premium site before just in the 1500 loops. I believe the premium sites are all concrete. Staking down tents will not be possible. As long as there is no big storms headed your way and you have enough supplies in the tent to keep enough weight on it you should be fine. My biggest concern would not be that of staking down the tent but keeping the rain fly on.

Yep, premiums are all concrete, so no where to stake a tent, but will also hold water under a tent, as there is no drainage. And well it is hard, like sleeping on the sidewalk.

Thanks for your replies! I ended up calling Disney to clarify, and was informed that they no longer allow tents on premium sites. I was switched to a tent site.

Thanks for your replies! I ended up calling Disney to clarify, and was informed that they no longer allow tents on premium sites. I was switched to a tent site.

That is good that they got you switched out. Enjoy the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!