Tent camping in Oct (Sat-Sat)..Tent site vs Full hook up?

shawn mazzerle

Earning My Ears
I have a tent site booked, but can switch to full. I have a 10x15 tent (does not need to be staked) and a 10x10 canopy and mat for kitchen. I don't need the dirt pad. In fact, I prefer to set up on concrete. I have all manner of glamping things (frig, air conditioner, tv, never flat beds, approved fire pit, ect...) Will rent a golf cart. Should I elect to reserve a full site? I assume they are a little more private than the 1500 and 2000. Please advise...

A full site would give you a sewer for dishwater and such also. Probably less people using the comfort station.

I have a tent site booked, but can switch to full. I have a 10x15 tent (does not need to be staked) and a 10x10 canopy and mat for kitchen. I don't need the dirt pad. In fact, I prefer to set up on concrete. I have all manner of glamping things (frig, air conditioner, tv, never flat beds, approved fire pit, ect...) Will rent a golf cart. Should I elect to reserve a full site? I assume they are a little more private than the 1500 and 2000. Please advise...

I do not tent camp, but from hearing other's observations, the tent sites can really be noisy and chaotic because of the number allowed at each site. For more order and quietness, I would choose 'full' hookup, if only for that reason, especially just being the two of you.

With all the 'glamping' items you will be bringing, I would think you really enjoy the ambiance at your campsite! Happy camping! 8-)

Thanks. I switched to full, if only, to have less traffic around. The comfort station factor is also a potential plus. I am going to request a site that, maybe, is on the outside of the loop. My last trip was on the end site of 400, across the street from the marina. We want to try a little more isolation.

Either way you'll have a good time. We tented in 2000 a couple times, have been pop-up camping in 2000/1500 the past year and it has always been great. Sometimes after park closing you'll hear families coming back to their sites, but after a long day I can't blame the kids for being tired and cranky.

The 1500 loop to me rivals the top loops in that campground. We have an RV and stayed last yr in the full 1600 loop and would cut through the 1500 loop to get to the main pool area and bus stop. It is a really prime location. The sites looked pretty large and private. A lot of trees. I clearly remember bc I said to my husband that this is a really nice place for tenters, and what a beautiful loop that was. Here's a video from YouTube, those sites are big and private honestly more private than many of the full. We used to cut through the bathroom path right here. Aaaah I love the Fort hehe.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter