Tempura Kiku - anyone been there?

grumpyandbashful

DIS Veteran
I have always wanted to try Tempura Kiku. Tried to call and make a PS for our trip and was told they do not take PS's.
Has anyone been there? Is there a line (I know it's a tiny restaurant). We plan on trying to eat lunch there, so maybe if we do a late lunch we'll be OK.
Also, how was the food??

Is that the little restaurant in the front of Japan (In the same entrance as Teppanyaki, but go all the way to the right, past the sushi bar)? If so, I've eaten there several times, always very good! Never had to wait for a table, seems like people just pop in for a light snack/drink and head out. Hope that helps!

It's NOT the one all the way to the front. It's the middle one just to the right of the check-in counter -- may be what Beaker is calling the sushi bar.

We've eaten there and found it to be good, although our family enjoys Teppanyaki more. It's tempura (battered and fried) meat/seafood and veggies (also battered and fried). The chefs are in the middle of a horseshoe shaped counter, so you can see your food (and eveyone else's) being prepared.

We ate there last time about an hour before they closed and it was wonderful. We both enjoy sushi and tempora, so it was a treat. I loved the atmosphere; It is small and intimate, a rarity in most Disney restaurants. Didn't have a problem getting in there at all, I think most people actually miss it because there is another restaurant right beside there.

We've eaten there twice. The sushi and the tempura are both awesome. I think this is a great place for solo travelers to dine because you're seated next to other guests which allows for conversation. Also, the sushi chefs tend to be chatty and fun, encouraging interaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter