Tell us what old movies you're watching...

We watched Shop Around the Corner and All About Eve. Both are just excellent!

We felt like animation last night so it was more current with Tangled and Moana.

And honestly, we've been watching a lot of the British Bake Off series on Netflix. Again. :)

We are also watching Magnum PI and Everybody Loves Raymond on Prime. ELR isn’t included with Prime, so we are just buying each season as we go. We love this show so don’t mind buying and it’s fun to with our teen sons.

For movies, we’ve watched mostly Disney+ and are alternating between classic Disney movies and watching the Marvel movies in order. We have watched through Captain America the First Avenger so far. We also watched Mulan & Lady and the Tramp and have Peter Pan next on our list. 😃

I've watched several early jack lemmon movies. Particularly enjoyed Avanti, a romantic romp in Italy. Also just watched "if its Tuesday this must be Belgium" which reminded me a little of some parts of our ABD trips.

Right now though I'm binge watching Magnum PI for the beautiful island scenery.

I watched Avanti the other night for the first time ...I really enjoyed it!

Lots of Jack Lemmon fans in this thread!

-First thing that comes to mind is Some Like It Hot. You can stream it on The Criterion Channel.

-I would also recommend The Great Race as well. Plenty of singing & dancing along with a Mancini score + the best pie fight scene in the history of cinema.

Last edited:

The other night Kevin and I were trying to decide on a movie to watch. We're caught up on most of the new releases we want to see and we were thinking about old(er) movies we haven't seen in a while.

Sometimes it's a bit of a negotiation - Kevin prefers that we watch something with real people (i.e. no androids, cyborgs, zombies or cgi) and would prefer it have minimal singing and dancing. Sometime there's a trade-off - we use this phrase...."this was your choice so I get the next one".

Well Kevin ran across Moonstruck on TCM. It had been a while since either of us saw it so we agreed it would be a good one to watch. We really enjoyed it!!! It holds up very well and has some of the best actors/actresses around in it. It was the perfect find at the perfect time.

Have you come across an old favorite you haven't watched in a while? If so tell us so we can put it on our list of what to watch next...
[/QUOTE

Hi John!

"Moonstruck" is still great. I do this weird thing where I watch movies when they have an anniversary so I've been watching some favorites from 1985. Albert Brooks' film "Lost In America" is still great. Just watched it again and it holds up. The scene between Brooks and Garry Marshall is a classic. So that's my recommendation!

Hope you're both hangin' in.

Peter

I

We watched the 1940 version of Swiss Family Robinson on Disney+ yesterday. The only version we had seen before was the 1960 Disney version. I have to say it was really good. If you have only seen the Disney version give it a try. We also watched two new movies this weekend. Harriet the story of Harriet Tubman and Judy which was the final years of Judy Garlands life. Both were excellent. We have also been watching the 60's show The Mod Squad.
Thanks for the recommendation on the 1940 Swiss Family Robinson. I never knew it existed before. I watched it today, and really enjoyed it.

I've watched several early jack lemmon movies. Particularly enjoyed Avanti, a romantic romp in Italy. Also just watched "if its Tuesday this must be Belgium" which reminded me a little of some parts of our ABD trips.

Right now though I'm binge watching Magnum PI for the beautiful island scenery.
"If It's Tuesday..." is directed by Mel Stuart, who directed my favorite "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory". I have a Golden Ticket signed by him!

While not an old movie, Wink Martindale put up an interesting find on his YouTube channel that sort of applies here:

A pilot for a game show taped in 1975 hosted by none other than the "Godfather of Disney Movies", Dean Jones:

Last edited:
DH and I are so active on the weekend that we hardly ever sit and watch TV, except a little while on Sunday evening normally...

My Fair Lady, Gone with the Wind, Original Planet of the Ape's

We are watching any Series - Hunger Games, The Tudors, Harry Potter, Star Wars, The Borgia's, The God Father, Transformers, Marvel, Game of Thrones.... anything that we can get the whole series, and binge watch...

Throw in some home made wings, appetizer / snacks, and of course Popcorn and we are good to go.... I have gotten pretty good and creating some fun appetizer platter for DH and I... I even made some new stuff to try out...

Been power watching Ray Donovan every night. For movies, I've watched:
Unforgiven (My favorite movie)
What's Eating Gilbert Grape
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
Outlaw Josey Wales
Jeremiah Johnson

We also watched the Burbs-kids hadn’t seen that one. Darby O’Gill-I hadn’t seen in decades-creepier than I remembered, and Sean Connery sure was beautiful in his youth. Our 10 year actually enjoyed the Cat from Outer Soace quite a bit, but he loves cats and space so it’s perfect :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts