Tell us about yourself !

Hey all! I haven't been around these boards in a long time. A lot has change! It looks awesome! Anyway, about us. I will be 29 at the end of this month. Hubby is 30. We tent camp. I have been to FW 3 times. 2 times in a home, and once tent camping. I have been to WDW probably over 30 times. We used to go every year when I was growing up. My hubby & I try to go once a year together, and I go whenever I get a chance. We love to camp. Hubby used to work for the National Park Service, so we have been to many NPS sites. Look forward to spending more time on these boards again. Have a very Disney day everyone!

Bumping for the wave of recent new visitors

<Font Size=2><Font Color=blue>Scott</font></font><Font size="2"><font color="#FF0000"><font face="Comic Sans MS">
Co-Moderator Camping @ Disney Board
</font></font></font>
DisneyCampers@wdwinfo.com
<Font Color=ff0066><Font size=2>www.disneycampers.com
</Font></font>
<marquee>
wavey.GIF
</marquee>

I guess that I would be considered one of those new visitors! My name is Stacie and I am 30-something. After finding these boards recently, I passed the word along to the rest of my Disney fanatical family...they've all taken to posting...I think I created a monster! We generally continue to make our trips to WDW as a family (my parents and brothers, etc) and will be doing so again next week in our Motorhome. We've been staying at Fort Wilderness since our first trip to the World in 1984 (then in a pop-up). I wouldn't stay anywhere else! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Fort Wilderness Fan!!
84, 86, 96, 98, 2000!!
MKC Member

Steve 40, Betty Jo 40, Kelsea 7. Have tent camped at Ft. Wilderness the past 2 years. Unfortunately the tent didn't make it back with us this year, but we are planning on buying a new one for ourselves for Christmas. We like the Eureka Condo that is 10.5' x 20', but are having difficulty getting reviews from anyone who owns one.

Hi,

My name is Kris and I will be 32 on Thursday (never been camping in my life). I am married to a great guy (who was in the National Guard, so he should know (LOL) what he is doing) and we have two children, our son is 7 and our daughter is 3.5. We became interested in camping, because our son joined scouts last year, so we just bought all of our equipment around 2 weeks ago.

We have stayed at Ft. Wilderness once (1996) in the trailers that they used to have there. The best part was when we rented the golf cart for the day.

Now that we have the tent, we are very interested in going there next year and camping out. I am just trying to figure out what time of year would be best for us.

Kris

My name is Diann (43), husband Steve (44) and daughter Michelle (21). We have been camping since 1980. We started out small with a 19", then 24", 27" 29" (all pull-behinds). Three months ago we purchase a 30" 5th-wheel.

I have never posted on this board before because DH said he would never pull a camper to FL (we live in PA). He is a long-distance truck driver and said that would be too much like work. When we sat in the dealer's office, I looked at DH and told him the only way I would sign on the line was if he would take the new camper to FW. So, since it is in my driveway, I guess that was an "affirmative" response.

Even though there are only three in my family, we always have a "full-house" when we hit the road. We travel to a lot of Nascar races, camper in-tow. Our main camping spot is Ole Bull State Park in Cross Forks, PA.

I read many posts on this board with great envy. I can't wait to take my "new home" to FW.

Di /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Right now, we don't have a camper but, we are going to be staying at FWC in Oct 2001 so, we'll have to get one (probably a pop-up for convience for us). We had a truck camper in 1988 when we stayed at FWC and LOVED it! The campground NOT the camper (too small). We stayed for 2 wks and had an absolute BLAST! We were on the 300 loop, very convenient. We played Bball each morning while waiting for the tram, it was too much! I read somewhere that the trams are no longer and now its buses only. I was bummed! We did the campfire program at least 3 times. The pools were great. We loved it and can't wait to go back.

1988 - FWC
1992 - Off-site (Holiday Inn Maingate East)
1993 - Dixie Landings
1996 - CBR
1997 - All Star Sports (basketball)
1998 - All Star Sports (surfing)
1999 - All Star Music (calypso)
2000 - All Star Movies (?hoping for Toy Story?)
2001 - FWC

Well, let's see,
there is me (37), my dh (37) and my son (12) and my daughter (8). We have a 1995- 26 foot popup (that I am getting ready to sell to move up to a travel trailer). I have been camping all my life and love it! Whenever we go to DW....we always camp at FW. It's a must.
There are several things I love about FW. I love to sit on the porch rocking chairs at the Trails End and watch people. I love to watch the fireworks from the beach. I love the campfire singalong and movies. I love to rent a golf cart and go looking at the other campsites (I like to see what other people have and I get ideas that way). /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
There are so many things I like about FW...I can't name them all.

º0º
Sharon

I'm 32, DH is 34, kids are DD's(12 & 4), DS's (8,7 & 17 months). We are pretty new to this camping thing. My parents rented a MH 2 yrs ago for a family reunion & I loved it! DH wasn't able to go on that trip, but I was able to talk him into trying it for our vacation last year. He was hooked. This year we are staying in the cabins so that we are able to have the camp ground experience while we take time to decide which to buy (trailer vs 5th wheeler). DH prefers them to MH so that we are able to have a seperate vechicle. Whatever we decide I'm sure we'll love it because we feel that camping is like 2 different vacations in 1!

Hi...I've been on the boards since the start of the DIS, but have just started visiting the Campers section...cause we just bought our first camper, a 1998 17ft Trail-lite bantam with the popout front and back beds.

We've camped in it a couple of times and loved it! So I'm trying to talk my wife into a big trip to WDW this Thanksgiving, but since we are from Louisiana and have three small kids, she's a little put off by the distance (16-20 hours by car).
We're heading to San Antonio next weekend, so it will be a good road test of how we hold up with the kids on a semi-long trip! (I'm used to MH trips where you can eat and sleep on the way).

Anyway, we've stayed at the All Stars and the Dixie Landings resorts in the past, and love the idea of a campground themed like these. We have both camped all of our lives and are so happy now to be sharing the Camping Spirit with our children.

Air Larry!

"Drink up me hardies, Yo Ho!"

Kissimmee Hotels: 1973,1978,1983,1988

AllStar Music '95, '00
DxL '99

Just bumping for the recent wave of new visitors, WELCOME to the camping board /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

<Font Size=2><Font Color=blue>Scott</font></font><Font size="2"><font color="#FF0000"><font face="Comic Sans MS">
Co-Moderator Camping @ Disney Board
</font></font></font>
DisneyCampers@wdwinfo.com
<Font Color=ff0066><Font size=2>www.disneycampers.com
</Font></font>
<marquee>
wavey.GIF
</marquee>

Well, there are 6 of us all together. Myself, the ultimate Disney nut 48 DH 58, DD 20 and DSs 28,25,22, and 8yo twins. Some group! We've been camping for about 30 years started tenting then to pop up then to small travel trailer. We love camping at FW, have been there 8 times. mostly preffered sites. Most recently two weeks ago, and tented again. What a wonderful time. The best thing about FW is the opportunities for all the great camping activities as well as enjoying the Magic. This year we were in 1400 right next to campfire. We couldn't keep the boys away. WE also get AP's so that we can enjoy extended trips and more freq visits. As far as tips I would say shop at the Super Wal-Mart(not much further than Publix)and bring your bikes. WE use them to ge everywhere. Quicker than the internal buses and cheaper than a golf cart especially if you are there for a couple of weeks. This year was our ultimate budget trip. We even surprised ourselves at how inexpensive it could be. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Myself, I am 29, my DW is 27. We have 2 DS's (7,4) and 1 DD (5).
My family always went camping at least 4-6 times a year in a tent then later in a pop-up when I was growing up. Last month I was on vac for a week so I thought, lets go camping. My Mom took our kids for a few days so off we went to a local state park. I will admit, I never knew that my wife had never been tent camping before (always in a cabin in Canada for fishing trips). SHE LOVED IT!!! We bought a tent and made our ressies for Feb at FW. The tent we bought is a massive cabin 3 room family tent, so it will be enough room for all of us. We have been looking into buying a pop-up (ever since I mentioned that my Dad bought one when I was a kid), so that may even be a possibility for Feb. We'll see. Myself, I cherish the thought of throwing a tent, backpack, sleeping bag, and cot into the back of the Jeep and camping for a couple days. Ahh heaven!

DrewJ
Roughly the size of a barge

Hi, I'm kurt 49, dw 49, dd 24 living in Cleaveland, ds 23 and dd 20, both living at home. Been wdw 8 times, tent camped every time except for a couple of nights at all stars. Work as an electronic tech. at a steel mill in nw indiana. Live in Valparaiso in.

I'm Jeannine 36, my DH Vytas is 38 ann our two DD are 4 and 1yr. We stayed at Ft Wilderness last September in a Cabin and loved it. We want to try camping this year. I've been camping a few times many many moons ago but my husband grew up camping. This summer we're going to unpack his parent's camping gear to see what they have. We'll try a dry run in our backyard and then hopefully onto Ft. Wilderness this September. Our plan now is to tent camp for our first few days then switch to a Cabin. We need to work up to a full week camping.

I have been reading this board for a long while and dd finally talked me into speaking up!! We love Disney and particularly Ft. Wilderness. We have a motorhome and try to visit 3 or 4 times per year. We live in Louisiana and it's about 10 hour drive. Feel like I know everyone on the board and such a relief to find I'm not the only one in the world addicted to Ft. Wilderness. :)

Hello, my name is Mike. I'm 48, and my wife K is 47. We first stayed at Ft. Wilderness in 1985 with my new 24' Alumalite. We went back in 87, and again in 92. We flew there in 99 and went to Pioneer Hall one night for supper just to see Ft. Wilderness since the tornado damage.
We are planning on returning to Ft. Wilderness early this June for about 8 days along with our 2 sons (23,20) and thier girlfriends.
We have a new 28' Dutchman with slideouts and are giving this trip to our son and his girl as a graduation present from college. My younger son is getting his present a year early.
My favorite memory of my first trip there was how I was able to find privacy at my site in the middle of all that is going on at WDW. I hope nothing has changed.
By the way, we are from Louisiana so if any of you come by while we are there, it's a good bet there will be something good to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter