Tell me your Oregon Coast faves

Pacific City on the Three Capes Scenic route is a great little town to stay in. Smallish and off the beaten path, but they have a great place to stay within a $200 (or less) budget -- The Inn at Cape Kiwanda. It's half an hour from Tillamook (to the north) and half an hour from Lincoln city (to the south).

If anyone is looking for good place to eat in Lincoln City, we love the Blackfish Cafe and the Wildflower Grill.

For just "beach" time without a lot of crowds, Neskowin is our favorite. We also love Newport, although that's a little more south -- and I second the suggestion for the Oregon Coast Aquarium! If you head even further south, the southern Oregon coast has the Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area, which has some off-road vehicle areas for dune buggies and such. And remember, Oregon has no sales tax, so your vacation dollars go further here:thumbsup2

Bumping this since i see some OR coast intrest.....
BTW had a great time at WDW :)

712image122-med.jpg

We are also thinking of vacationing on the Oregon coast, since we have family in the area. Any good recommendations of specific places to stay? We would need some place with at least a couple of bedrooms.

We Yurt "camp" every year at the Umpquah lighthouse (just south of Winchester Bay)- a blast and all the comforts of home but the atmosphere of camping.

We drove down to Gold Beach and did Jerrys Jet Boats up the Rogue River - it was an awesome day. Tim, our boat captain and guide was great - full of information and had an awesome sense of humor!

We also do the Dunes at Sand Dunes Frontier (i think it's just south of Florence) - where the professional driver takes you out on the dunes in a dunebuggy - the kids love it! (I don't go on the dunes anymore after a bad ATV accident resulting in 2 surgeries- ouch!)

We Yurt "camp" every year at the Umpquah lighthouse (just south of Winchester Bay)- a blast and all the comforts of home but the atmosphere of camping.

We drove down to Gold Beach and did Jerrys Jet Boats up the Rogue River - it was an awesome day. Tim, our boat captain and guide was great - full of information and had an awesome sense of humor!
We also do the Dunes at Sand Dunes Frontier (i think it's just south of Florence) - where the professional driver takes you out on the dunes in a dunebuggy - the kids love it! (I don't go on the dunes anymore after a bad ATV accident resulting in 2 surgeries- ouch!)
We stayed in Crescent City, CA last week and drove up to Gold Beach, what a beautiful area. We too went on Jerry's Jet Boats and had Captain Tim and his dog Puppy! It was awesome, we loved every minute of that experience

We are also thinking of vacationing on the Oregon coast, since we have family in the area. Any good recommendations of specific places to stay? We would need some place with at least a couple of bedrooms.

Here's a link to the little town where my husband and I used to stay while we were still dating:

http://www.virtual-oceanside.com/vacation_rentals.asp

We used to stay at the Ocean Front Cabins (formerly Kirk's Cottages) in Oceanside. We go for quaint more than fancy, but there are quite a few places to choose from and many rental vacation homes. We loved Oceanside, so quiet and peaceful but there was a nice restaurant, a coffeeshop, a bar and the beach within walking distance of the Cabins.

I know there are proponents and detractors to Seaside...I happen to be one of those detractors. I find it to be a bit seedy and carnivalesque. Especially if you're talking anniversary versus a family trip with the kiddies. For romance I'd go with Cannon Beach, hands down, just a 20 minute drive up the coast from Seaside. I was just there with my family last weekend.

There are spendy places to stay, the tops for adults and romantic weekends is Stephanie Inn but out of my price range so never stayed there! Lots of affordable options too. The Bistro is a great restaurant, I've had a birthday and anniversary dinner there, you can't beat it. Lots of cute shops and a gorgeous beach with stunning Haystack Rock.

No offense to those Seaside lovers, just another opinion!

I second this. Seaside is great for kids.
For a more upscale adult experience Cannon Beach at Stephanie Inn.

You can always go check out Seaside from Cannon Beach (about 13 miles).

If you head to Newport be sure to check out the Wax Works and Ripley's there. Wax Works is a great wax museum that is very high quality the last time I visited and you can buy a pass to go to Ripley's and an underwater aquarium as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter