Tell me your Magical Express experiences arriving very late

kniquy

DIS Veteran
I found a late flight and a fairly cheap room on property at POR. We will be landing around 12-12:30am.
I can't imagine that there are a ton of people landing that late taking the ME to resorts. What has been your experience with arriving late -- are there buses usually waiting? Do they just group buses to stop at multiple resorts (more than normal)? Any significant delays you have encountered?

I'm not wondering if i should move our flight a little earlier, but of course it will cost a little more and would require taking my DD out of school early, which i'd rather not do.

ME has the same schedules no matter if you land at 12:30 AM or 12:30 PM
They aim to leave MCO after the first guest has been checked in for 30 min, or the bus is full, whichever comes first.
We have arrived at both times and found that to be true.
They don't group resorts much differently either. They are still done more or less the same as always, which always varies a little bit based on need.
Sometimes the bus will be waiting, sometimes it won't be.
Remember, Disney is a destination that sees people from all over the world so there are people from all sorts of time zones. What is 12:30 AM may not be 12:30 AM to someone from the other side of the world. People are always arriving

I took a late flight and the bus was going to AoA, Pop and AKL. once it stopped at AoA there were only 4 of us left on the bus and the bus driver asked if anyone was going to POP we all said no so he went directly to AKL.

I once had a flight arrive at about 12:30 a.m. and we immediately got on the bus. We waited about ten minutes while a few more people boarded.
We then departed for POP. Most of the people (about 10) got off at POP with us. I'm not sure where the others were going. Since traffic was light, we arrived at our resort very quickly.

My experience with DME after midnight was very good. We walked on to a waiting bus with one other family. The driver told us he was supposed to wait for 20 minutes but could leave earlier if we asked the supervisor, so we did. We left for our resort after a 10-minute wait.

I've had very good experiences late at night. And I had one trip where it was 2 1/2 hours from exiting the airplane to standing at the resort check in desk.

If I have room in my budget I now pay for a car service that late at night.

We had a 6 hour delay getting to Orlando a couple weeks ago so we boarded the bus at 1am. There were more people than you probably would have thought but no lines. The bus hung out for maybe 20 minutes to wait for anyone else but we boarded it almost right away. They had the same route they usually had when we stay at Pop with AoA first, then Pop and then a mod. There were a number of other buses there as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter