Tell Me Why In The World This Is Better??

Take a deep breath and try again. Change is always a little overwhelming and I admit, I was a little dizzy this morning when trying to figure out what was going on. However, now I'm settling in and feeling alot more comfortable already. This is too fun a place to get that upset.:D :p

I too was surprised but am feeling more comfortable as the day goes on, I can't believe that someone would get so mad about it! The boards are such a helpful service and it is free-without all the help, we wouldn't have made reservations at HIFS, learned of TTC, learned about the lime green ribbons to wear, to get fishing license holders for our passes, and so many other helpful hints from people who have been there and learned. 14 days now and grandpa is just beginning to get excited about the trip!!!

I LOVE the Colors and The new JUMPIE THINGIE! I just need to learn how to do the Avatar Thing! HELP! :bounce: :p

okay! not as computer challenged as i thought i was. finally getting the hang of the new boards!! LOL and the new "raz thing" is great!!:p

I REALLY DONT CARE ONE WAY OR ANOTHER...
A MESSAGE BOARD IS A MESSAGE BOARD. I JUST WANTED TO TRY TO POST AND SEE HOW IT WORKED
THIS DOESNT SEEM SO BAD... I GUESS I'LL LIVE LOL:bounce:

Change is good!!! Thanks, Pete. I've been here awhile and I appreciate everything you've done.

Hey, remember when you used to get an email when someone replied to your post!!! I can't imagine that happening now with all the people who post on here.

Anna

You can do that on this board, Anna! I didn't realize until this afternoon when I checked my email. I had about 40 notifications in my inbox! Good thing you can turn it off...

;)

Sugarplum - I envy you. I wish the DIS boards were the only thing I had to stress me out. You should count your blessings.

I'm not good with change either, but in the 10 min. I've been on, I find it easy and fun. I thank Pete and all the moderators for giving us the board. I just can't believe it's free - how lucky we are. And if they move it again without notification, I'll just keep tracking them down - luckily, they couldn't have made it any easier.

I come to DIS to relax and get away from the real world.

I am just thankful that we still have a place to ask questions. Instead of getting :mad: all bent out of shape, try posting a new topic to get answers to your questions. I started lurking in Jan 99 and have seem the same questions asked a gazillion times and they always are answered.

THANK YOU PETE FOR CREATING A PLACE THAT HAS MADE MY LAST 2 FLORIDA VACATIONS BETTER THAN I EVER EXPECTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :bounce:

Well I was feeling sorry for that post and was ready to put my side of things on here after seeing the other replys but after seeing VIKING call me a JERK?????? Well there is that feeling again of lack of community. I have been on Many MANY!!!!!!!!!!! Web sites while changes were going on and all ALL!!!!!! announced ahead of time that there would be changes or upgrades coming except for this site. This was why I felt as I did this morning. Now I held in a lot of thoughts when I wrote and then edited my original post so wouldn't go beyond what I feel someone else has now done in calling me that here. I won't sink that low and post something like that to anyone. I have seen AOL go on with it's changes back when it was not AOL 20 years ago. Yes I have been an AOLer for on and off 20 years. The off years were because of lack of funds and frustration with them. So don't tell me I haven't seen stuff on the web. I may have only registered here since March but I have been a moderator at other sites also. Did anyone care to know that? NO they just call me a Jerk because I expressed my feelings that were very true at the time.:mad: :(

SugrPlum:

I understand your frustration at being called a name. I have had that problem in the past and unfortunately, I let my temper get the better of me. Try to look past the bad manners of some posters and just ignore it.
If you need some help with the new boards, feel free to email me.
:D

C'mon you guys!! Lets put the name calling aside and grow up here! These are boards to gather information, not to ridicule and judge someone. Yes, we can express our opinions but when it comes down to name calling it gets absurd! Just my 2 cents!

I don't normally like change, and I don't adjust easily. In the past, I've groaned my way (privately) through the changes the boards have taken, and have always adjusted and survived, and eventually appreciated the end result. However, my overwhelming initial reaction over the new boards is that they are downright FUN! Lots of great features, and I'm looking forward to a long stretch of time to just play when the kids go back to school Monday! :bounce:

They changed some of the format of our local newspaper today too. I started out the day feeling like I was in the Twilight Zone!

Relax and enjoy!!

Just a friendly word, folks. Whatever the pros and cons of the debate, there is no place here for name-calling or personal abuse. That is a definite No-No on the DIS. Viking is a member of long standing and should be aware of the rules, and SugrPlum has a right to feel aggrieved here. However, I know Viking, being from Germany, may have got his vocabulary in a twist, so let's kiss and make up :eek: and get on with dealing with the real issues. Thanks.

An unfortunate side effect of change is stress. Hopefuly this wonderful forum will work out the kinks and retain its core of dedicated members. I have enjoyed this board tremendously. The benefit of having questions answered by a group of knowlegeable people has been a tremendous help and I think we should all give the management of this board a chance to work out the problems.

That is exactly my point, it's frustrating to have to figure out new things but I personally find these boards much better than the old ones and with more features which by the way I LOVE!!
Sugrplum I'm sorry that you got upset because someone called you something which was totally out of place but did you also think of how the moderators and webmasters felt when you posted your original message? In my opinion they do an outstanding job and they put countless hours and a huge effort for all of us, the least we can do is bare with the changes and give them time to get things right ! They did not deserve a post like that. As I said before , some people got notifications and some did not, I for once did not get one but that doesn't stop me from appreciating everything they do , I will have to spend some time trying to figure out how these boards work but I'm willing to do it and consider myself blessed to do so. I will accept any changes as many times as necessary and the day I can't figure them out , that will be the day I ask for help.

Right on kanga. I'm in total agreement with you. Pete and the guys aren't providing a service that we're paying for here. It's totally from the goodness of their hearts that we have a discussion forum in the first place. They can change anything they want, even take the boards away completely if they so choose.

Because these boards are free, I don't think they owe us ANYTHING! They're going through alot of time, expense and stress to make these boards possible for us. Let's give them some breathing room to do the best job they know how!

I am not very good with computers but I have found the new boards easy to follow, there are plenty of instructions and I love all the new smillies.:rolleyes:

I have spent soo much time on this board the last 24 hours its not even funny! I FINALLY have a Clip-art, which I did not have on the old board, cause I did not understand how to use it! I had PLENTY of help this time even though I only post 1.5 times a day! It's as if I am seeing the birth of a new board! It's FANTASTIC! I am a member for life! (Even if I had to pay)! It's well worth it!! :bounce: :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter