Tell me what you like to do at Vero Beach Resort?

lakelandgal70

Life is too short for fake butter, cheese or peopl
I posted this in Disney Resorts but thought maybe I would get more responses here?

This will be our first trip to this resort and it is only for 2nights, 3 days. What is your favorite places, food to eat onsite? Favorite drinks. Anything that is a must do? This is going to be a very lazy trip for us. I just came back from an almost 2wk trip up north without DH and so this will be our little get away to reconnect. I have read the bar here is a great place to unwind as it has great views of the Atlantic. Any opinions good or bad are welcome. Thanks in advance!

My favorite place is in the ocean or pool! We ate in the restaurant and it was fine but not memorable. Didn't go anyplace else. I guess you don't really need to go anywhere special since you plan to reconnect! (wink, wink) :love:

have fun

Free mini-golf at the resort (If you are a DVC member).
Golf at the public course.
Ice Cream (forget the name of the place) over on Vero Beach.

Favorite spot: The Green Cabin Room

Grab a drink and sit out on the second story porch.

My favorite place is in the ocean or pool! We ate in the restaurant and it was fine but not memorable. Didn't go anyplace else. I guess you don't really need to go anywhere special since you plan to reconnect! (wink, wink) :love:

have fun

Ok seriously that made me laugh the wink wink hahaa Thanks!

Thank you all to who replied. We are DVC members so will check out mini golf and definitely can't wait to go to The Green Cabin Room and grab a snack and a drink. Heard the views were wonderful there. Thanks again!

My son (6) at the time did not like the ocean. He has been on the gulf side and loved it, but the atlantic side was too rough for him and no sea shells to look for.

He loved the pool and the pool slide. We spent most of our time there. The smores were good, but we got eaten alive by some bugs that night!

We drove to sebastion for food. Good chain restaurants there plus a good barbeque joint. The pizza place by the resort is very good too, but a little overpriced.

We ate at that Riverside Cafe one night - it was excellent - it seems to be a local hang out. It's under one of the bridges coming onto Vero Beach south of the DVC resort. Plus we had a GC from restaurant . com. I had scallops and DH had the grouper, DS had a filet. We ate in the bar area - it's loud with a steady stream of people coming and going. 24 tv's. DH and DS loved it. If you google the restaurant you can find the menu. Some great shops to visit on 1A about 10 minutes from the resort. We can't wait to return next summer.

Janis

I really loved eating dinner at Sonya's and breakfast at Shutter's was extremely good. Sonya's was only open Friday through Sunday when we went, so make sure to ask what their hours are when you check in. The Green Cabin Room is great for drinks and little appetizers.

We just spent 6 nights, 7 days at Vero following 6 days at thew F & W festival. We truly relaxed and rested. We prefer to sit on the beach near the ocean and read, swim, walk, talk relax. Be aware that the ocean can do a job on the beach and the resort has no control over Mother Nature.
Following Hurricane Irene and then an unnamed Tropical Storm, there was severe erosion. There was a 10 feet high cliff left between the resort and the ocean. It was possible to climb down this dune to the beach, but it was a bit of a hike back up. On this past Tuesday, the County came in with heavy equipment and worked on the ledge, lowering it as best they could. It was much better after that. But it could reoccur at any time. I find the dune erosion in front of the Resort worrisome.
We ate at Shutters twice for dinner and it was excellent both nights. The roasted chicken entree was out of this world good. We ate at Sonya's on Sunday night and we were both disappointed with the steak. We mentioned this to the manager. Sonya's is open Thursday through Sunday right now.
We ate one night at the Green Cabin Room. We shared several appetizers and were very happy. It was too windy to sit on the balconey this trip, but hte room is very cozy and we enjoyed it. They had live entertainment as well.
Mini Golf is only free to members one day - Wednesday, I think. Other wise it is $1 per round or $5 unlinmited for your visit.
We also ate one night at Capt Hiram's. We were very disappointed that they no longer offer sea scallops, only bay scallops. Our server said the sea scallops are too expensive. We enjoyed our dinner and had a coupon from Restaurant.com. But DH did think it was expensive.
We also ate at the new Mulligan's in Sebastian. Our dinner was very good.
Enjoy your stay at Vero, it is great.

We had our first stay there 2 weeks ago for 3 nights. We are more of pool people as we have the gulf just 20 min away! The pool was nice and the waterslide was really fast. Hot tub was nice too. The mini golf was fun too. We liked shutters too. I had Shrimp Scampi and it was wonderful. I would have loved to have gone Kayaking.

We returned from Vero on Monday there, my husband takes his mega kite and he and my son spend the day at the beach while I'm up at the pool enjoying the Disco on the Sat and Sun, they pop up to the pool and we get something to eat from the pool snack area before it closes at 5pm.

I didn't hire a fishing rod this year, but last year we hired one and fished over at the lake area and then popped down to the Sebastian inlet park to fish next to the locals on the walkway.
You can hire a rod here with all items needed.
It is all about letting go of the world and enjoying Vero at it's best, slowly.

Night time we pop down to walmart for Groceries, or go down to small Vero town area for a meal or watch a band at the Driftwood. O

The Green room has Bernie playing his Guitar certain nights and it's a lovely place to watch the Sunset go down, pure bliss. Or go and listen to the cast members having fun at the Campfire and make Smores to munch on.

This is just a peek of what I do at Vero Beach Resort.

You will enjoy it here if you can chill and not worry about going to the Parks anymore, at least while you are there at Vero.

Have Fun
Chris

:sail:

It actually all sounds good. We live 40min away from the theme parks so this will be a different pace for us. Thanks again for all the replies!

We like to spend at least a day just driving around. A favorite spot to visit is Hale's orchard...we pick up some fresh local produce to enjoy. They also have a nice variety of specialty preserves, etc., and we usually pick up a jar or two of one of their pasta sauces and some of the hand made gourmet pasta (some garlic bread if we can find it too) and head back to the room to cook it for dinner (works best with a 1 or 2 BR, not so easy with the studios or inn rooms). My DH loves to buy a jar of the celtic sea salt to take back home...it lasts us most of a year until the next trip! We never miss a chance to visit the McLarty (shipwreck) Museum and see if they have any new Atocha merchandise that we can't live without (we find it's cheaper than Mel Fisher's but if you haven't been there you should try it once too). Then we head for Cap'n Hiram's for lunch or dinner. Other than that, we are happy to hang around the pool or the beach, and walk down to the good old fashioned campfire after dark. We also enjoy Shutters and the Green Cabin Room. A few days at Vero is a great way to relax before our week at WDW! :thumbsup2

A fun place to go in the evenings is the Sand Bar at Captain Hiram's. They have live music and reasonably priced drinks. It's on the river at a marina, and it's pleasant to sit outside, listen to the music, watch the boats go in and out, and just relax.

The restaurant there did not impress me a whole bunch. I'd go someplace else for dinner or grill at the resort, and then head over to the Sand Bar later in the evening for drinks and snacks.

A fun place to go in the evenings is the Sand Bar at Captain Hiram's. They have live music and reasonably priced drinks. It's on the river at a marina, and it's pleasant to sit outside, listen to the music, watch the boats go in and out, and just relax.

The restaurant there did not impress me a whole bunch. I'd go someplace else for dinner or grill at the resort, and then head over to the Sand Bar later in the evening for drinks and snacks.
They do get some pretty good bands playing at the Sand Bar. If you're lucky, Orange Avenue might be doing a gig there. Really good cover band and their original material ROCKS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter