Tell me what to expect.... Week after Easter.

Jimmy Mouse

My other car is the Monorail
We have done Disney in September many times and love the low crowds. We finally did Christmas week this past December 2018 and absolutely loved it! Yes it was crazy crowded but that didn't bother us one bit. I had a lot of anxiety up till the day we arrived but it was not the big deal everyone makes it to be. After the trip we all agreed that we prefer Christmas and the crowds over an empty park. And yes we have been during a completely empty park during Irma (see link in signature) but back to my question. How is Easter? Our Spring Break is April but the week after Easter. I have little no no faith in crowd calendars so looking for some insight. We will be staying at AKL CL and we do have one resort day planned for pool time and relaxing.

We went the week after Easter in 2014. It was busy, but not bad. Most schools were back in session by then (we took our kids out). I compare it to about the same crowds as our trip in late June 2015. Busy, but definitely manageable. (I’ve been to Disney on actual Easter before and it was insane).

We went the week after Easter in 2014. It was busy, but not bad. Most schools were back in session by then (we took our kids out). I compare it to about the same crowds as our trip in late June 2015. Busy, but definitely manageable. (I’ve been to Disney on actual Easter before and it was insane).
We will be there on Easter. Trip starts 4/20 but I am more concerned for the week after. Thanks for the info!

Right now Touring Plans shows low crowd levels for all 4 parks on Sunday April 28. That would be the Sunday after Easter.
I know MK is showing at a level 3 as of now. We are also going to be there Easter week, arriving Friday April 19. The 28 will be our last day there and we will be going to MK.

We've done from the Thursday before Easter to the end of the week after Easter quite a few times in recent years and have always found up to and including the Monday after Easter to be on the busier side but then it seems after that point it's not quite as busy. Even though it is busy we have found it to be manageable and enjoyable.

We are doing Easter for the first time this year too, the same time frame as you OP. We are 26 year WDW veterans & the only holiday we have done is Labor Day weekend, which is probably the lowest holiday crowd there is. I finally decided to try a real holiday, lol. We also are AP holders, were just there earlier this month & have a mid December trip booked too. So we aren’t worried about seeing & doing everything. I have lots of down time planned. We are staying YC club level, so I did book 3 days of the extra, paid fastpasses. So at least I know we will get all our favorite rides done.

I would absolutely love to do New Year’s Eve when we retire in a few years. I figured this will give me a little taste of a busier period & see if we can handle it.

Last edited:
I wouldn't get too worked up about the crowds. It will be busy, but not terribly so and it shouldn't really interfere with you having a good time. Just go into it knowing it will be crowded. I never go by crowd calendars, but that might be because I don't really have a good perception as to what "crowded" is, if that makes sense.

Let us know how it goes! We have that week planned for 2020 and I am slightly terrified (we are like you, have only been there during "slow" times)

Welp...we've only been the week after Easter. That's always our spring break. We choose to go then and not in the summer because we are northerners and do not tolerate the heat super well. April is PERFECT as far as weather is concerned. The crowds will be brutal, but less brutal than Christmas for sure. I've always been happy with what I've accomplished and never felt I was robbed by the crowds. One thing I have found is that they are extremely well staffed. The buses are frequent. They're prepared for the crowds, so that makes it more manageable. I keep going back so it can't be too bad ;)

Welp...we've only been the week after Easter. That's always our spring break. We choose to go then and not in the summer because we are northerners and do not tolerate the heat super well. April is PERFECT as far as weather is concerned. The crowds will be brutal, but less brutal than Christmas for sure. I've always been happy with what I've accomplished and never felt I was robbed by the crowds. One thing I have found is that they are extremely well staffed. The buses are frequent. They're prepared for the crowds, so that makes it more manageable. I keep going back so it can't be too bad ;)

That’s so encouraging, thanks!!

We too are going that week! We will be there on 4/20 through 4/25. I'm very excited and already told my fam that it would probably be busy but we can still have a great time!

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Since Easter is so late, most schools have had their spring breaks already. We went two years ago the week after Easter, and it was a late Easter as well. It was so much better than I expected. Busy, yes, but totally manageable. We went last year again, week after Easter so I expected it to be the same. Well, since Easter was 4/1, many more schools were on break. It was CRAZY. We still had a great time but it was definitely different than the previous year. This year we are going the week before Easter, so we shall see...

I go the last week of April for the past 4 years ( my birthday is the 28 ) and the crowds are not bad weather is good too

Thanks for the replies. Honestly, it's not so much the crowds that concern me. Like I said, we were there during Christmas and we now know how insane it can be! I have been to WDW more times than I can count but only a few events. We have done Food and Wine, Halloween and Christmas so we have a few events under our belt. Being AP holders means more vacations and we cannot take the kids out of school anymore. I was looking for more like How is flower and garden? How is the Garden Rocks series? Any other specials we need to look out for? We are looking forward to coming back to the world and I'm sure it won't be as crazy as Christmas week but didn't know how Flower and Garden impact the parks. with Christmas decor up and all the holiday theme the crowds kinda disappeared. For those that haven't been during a crowded time, This was what we dealt with just a short 8 weeks ago :)

IMG_5102.jpg
IMG_5135.jpg IMG_5163.jpg

IMG_5173.jpg

And we already purchased our CL FP+ and dining has been done but I keep changing things :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter