• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me what' so special about Krispy Kreme donuts?

crazyforpooh

<font color=FF6600>Proud American who loves her li
I had my first today and it was okay but, I don't understand what the big hype is about them. Although I will say I could have eaten more than one they are very light tasting. Is that what the hype is about?

Was the donut warm? That is the key! Big time! I was like you at first....didn't see the big deal... but then one day I was driving by and the light was on! Drove through and had a hot one! actually 2 but I ate them so fast it felt like one! HAHAHA So my advice try one hot!

When they are hot there is nothing like them. The devils food glazed ones hot are like warm, chocolaty brownies. Very yummy. The original glazed just melt in your mouth.

However, when they are cold and a couple days old, not so good.

I had my first KKs last summer at WDW and I really liked them. They are light. When I eat a Dunkin Donut I feel like a rock is in my stomach. We went to KK on Friday(our first visit to the new MA store) and I wont even tell you how many I downed without even feeling full.
I like the taste better than DD too. I had my first hot off the belt KK last week and OMG!!!! Like Margie said...it totally melts!

ESPN zone in Atlanta makes a KK sundae. Two hot KK donuts in a skillet. Vanilla ice cream and chocolate and carmel syrup. Very rich but very good! I love KK donuts right out of the glaze but my favorite is a cream filled KK.

There is nothing like driving by and seeing that "Hot-Now" sign on!!!! I would never consider eating a KK that isn't very fresh (no more than 1 day old) and I much prefer them hot. Lots of stores sell KK's, but it's not until you go into a KK and get one (or a dozen - ;) ) right off the line. I better stop this or I'll have to drive the 20 minutes to my nearest KK - :p
Lisa

I'm not really a fan of the glazed donuts. They're just too sweet.

The one in my neighborhood, though, will sometimes snatch a couple off of the conveyor belt for me and put just a little bit of regular sugar on them. Those are wonderful!

KKs are BAD!! I won't tell either how many I can eat before feelign full!! :o Should I even admit that when we were leaving WDW last time, we stopped in for 2 dozen (you have to get 2 dozen since the 2nd is discounted, ya know?) Anyway, there are 5 of us... they were gone before we even left Orlando... ROFL!!! We have them here, too... but I prefer to stay away from that part of town or my car seems to just drive itself there!! ;) You definitely have to try them hot... 8 seconds in the microwave gets them just right!! Although it's probably a good thing you didn't like them... I wish I didn't like them so much!!

When I was growing up in SC, it was a treat to go to the Krispie Kreme store on a saturday evening (there wasn't an ice cream shop in town, I guess)... I like them cold (they make one that is a glazed w/ chocolate icing, whipped cream and a cherry on top... that was always my favorite) but I must say that there is something about the phrase "Hot Donuts Now!"... mmm...

Safari Steve
What in the world are you doing on this board?!?? LOL! Welcome!
I looked for you on our last trip to disney but no luck! ( Saw pictures with Donna) I did find another steve working the Jungle cruise and asked him, he looked at me as if I had 2 heads!

Yep you've gotta have 'em hot! I tried my first KK not too long ago. Did a u-turn when I saw that "hot now" sign. What a pull! It was like a deep-fried taste of heaven.

That sundae sounds good!

I tired them in Orlando, yes, hot. And I was not impressed. They have opened one in Medford, MA near me and I have not even thought about going. I don't like them. Crazyforpooh, I noticed you were from New England too, I like the donuts from DeMoulas much better. Have you tried those??:)

I have never had a Krispy Kreme before! I don't think I want to either, as I am sure they are very tasty!! LOL Sometimes it is good not knowing what you are missing!:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter