Tell me the "weather" where you live.

59C16488-73CF-4361-8671-BF137A56F916.jpeg :laughing: As soon as I get one I will let you know. We did go home early last Thursday just because there wasn’t a lot to do, but if there’s work we will be in.

I have 7 degrees now but I am working under a tent with heat and it’s about 80. :beach:

I have 7 degrees now but I am working under a tent with heat and it’s about 80. :beach:
Now that's cheating (as I say sitting in my office with a thermostat set on 74). How much lime do you have to put in the concrete to get it to cure at -7?

-4 this morning on the way to work, but they say it should "warm up" today and tomorrow to 19 or 20, but then the bottom drops out until at least the weekend. Looks like we may be above freezing in a week... maybe.

j

Made it all the way up to 9 degrees on my way home at 4 PM with light snow. Tonight's low is suppose to be 12 with a high of 20 tomorrow.

How much lime do you have to put in the concrete to get it to cure at -7?

No lime. We put 100 LBS. of calcium chloride in a 10 yard load of concrete, that will help keep it from freezing as we pour.

When we do walls, we will tent and heat for about 16 hrs., open the tent to pour and close it back up as we finish. Then let the walls sit for 1-2 days before stripping them.
Like I said it was 80 degrees under the tent today, the tent is the last thing to come down when it is as cold as it has been.

When we do slabs / floors those are usually heated for at least 2 weeks before we pour, and then they remain heated until the contractor decides to turn them off. When we do slabs, it isn't the heat that bothers us, its the carbon monoxide from the heaters burning dirty and the power trowels running constantly. But, we have a job to do and literally suck it up and get it down.

Made it all the way up to 9 degrees on my way home at 4 PM with light snow. Tonight's low is suppose to be 12 with a high of 20 tomorrow.
Sounds you are getting our weather a day later. Don't get too used to it. The bottom is going to drop out here tomorrow.

When we do walls, we will tent and heat for about 16 hrs., Then let the walls sit for 1-2 days before stripping them.
That's some expensive concrete. I can't imagine the propane bill for 3 days of heating in sub-zero weather.

j

17 now, suppose to hit 34. I guess 17 is better than 3.

J, six days of heating with a total of 1150 lbs of propane filled 3 times.

15 degrees now with a high of 21 and a low of 9 tonight.

Right now it is a balmy 23 F with a light breeze at 30mph giving us a real feel of a lovely 5. There is just enough snow falling to remind you of a HALLMARK Christmas card

No potluck outside here! Gusting over 40 here...like watching a hurricane full of snow out the window....the wind noise is very loud!

C70DC24E-5FAE-4FAE-8CA7-306CF4E4993A.jpeg

We heard you were getting it today. Stay warm and keep the snow blower gassed up.

j

Started snowing in Lake Placid NY @ 10 am, and still snowing. Had to use 4 wheel drive to go 15 miles. Haven’t heard anything about what we got back home, still in NY. I think my drive home will be about 3 hrs., once I leave here.

15 now, we are suppose to break above freezing today. :) I read that if you combine all the US temps for Jan 5 it was the coldest night ever in US record keeping history.

It's currently -3(F) here in Massachusetts, with a "Real Feel" (according to AccuWeather) of -14 :cold:

-16 degrees in NW Vt. , but it is 36 here where I am with a high of 56 today. :rolleyes1

15 now, we are suppose to break above freezing today. :)
We are supposed to go over freezing today too (34). First time since before Christmas. Unfortunately, we are supposed to have freezing rain most of the day. Shouldn’t last long. The next few days are supposed to be nice. 40s and even 50s.

j

:rotfl2: You got to go about 1484 miles further south west. :beach:
Did you sneak down to the fort or did you go for an interview for job outside of Pensacola
We are supposed to go over freezing today too (34). First time since before Christmas. Unfortunately, we are supposed to have freezing rain most of the day. Shouldn’t last long. The next few days are supposed to be nice. 40s and even 50s.

j
Jim sound like our forecast for tomorrow and later in the week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!